Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

is the lighting any good in this drama? or is it all dark and dingy like many cable dramas?

a new event! check it out chingus.

• Like 3

OMO! There's hope that Chief Na still alive! :o (Or did he just come to visit the set? hahahaha :sweatingbullets:)

I think this is the first time KJ wears police protective vest, right? :huh:  Anyway, she looks cooooollll ~~~ :love:

• Like 10

Whoaaa thread is fast, saturday s approaching...still waiting...

@meon yes a sad child, I just bubble it for my want-to-have-a-romance..i just love KW angst.

Once again i put my hands up as one of the viewer that totally not disappointed in season 2..

And I also just came out again in soompi  because of voice, looking forward on this. And cant help to express and voice out my thoughts also. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Are they going to hang someone??? :w00t:

PD? Because he inclines them to the romance? 

"You! Yes, you! Do you remember that I am a psycho? Get ready..."

:joy:

40708157_1909839945983681_52612404397267

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

12 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Seems that writer has messed up badly this season: when everybody is talking about romance and forgotting about the plot, it's clearly not anymore  the quality drama that was a sensational discovery a year ago for its capacity to push the  limits of gore and horror in kdramaland,  its unique aesthetic and social ambition. :wacko:

They should have payed more attention when they casted the male lead.  If the writer was confident about her ideas for s2, she wouldn't have need to compensate with such a poor trick as picking someone for his looks. She doesn't have as many stories and as good stories to tell and is just relying on the superficial.   :(   

Anyway, the damage is done: let's enjoy Kwon Joo and LHN for the time left...  :vicx:     

Sorry but I dont understand what's wrong with the  romance -which is very slightly- here? The sweet thing added is not ruining the drama itself like the way you felt it, we are joking and hoping for the romance but we are not losing or forgetting the drama plot. Physcho killer is there and  creepy crime is still there, the police system sickness is there, like all mentioned and built up in Season 1. 

I am not a fan of LJW nor Jang Hyuk but both have done their best. I know JH did his best and his MJH was too good to forget (so did Kim Jae Wook with his Mo Tae Gu), but it is unfair for LJW to compare his DKW and saying that the Voice team has picked LJW for his look. DKW is totally different from JH and thankfully LJW has performed a naughty-lonely and craving for the care DKW perfectly.  Briefly to say, all the casts from s1 to s2 are doing the amazing jobs for their characters.

Certainly I am also disappointed in S2 for underrated KJ with her cool charm that I was very pleased from s1, and the viliian is less sexy and weirdly attractive like MTG but I have no problem with DKW and the romance hint in this season. You want KJ live lonely and protective herself? She is deserved a love and romance with DKW is anyway better than with the villian like MTG :D

I am not offense though I dont agree with your points, like @lilyphenix I just hope you dont feel bad just because we are talking about the romance. We have  2 eps left and no matter the romance is developed or not, we are still happy if KJ can be happy at the end, right?

@ellelyana88 yes, thanks to those fmv I can watch the scenes again without seeking up every episode back lol. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, yessy said:

I am not a fan of LJW nor Jang Hyuk but both have done their best.

Count me in. I am not a fan of neither of them too. But, they have done their best to realize the writer's imagination on how the character would be. I have no problem with either of them being cast for their character. Some viewers might hope for JH to be back or perhaps other actor to play the new role, but, they must've have made the casting decision after thoroughly consider the potential of each actor they casted for the character. 

9 minutes ago, yessy said:

@ellelyana88 yes, thanks to those fmv I can watch the scenes again without seeking up every episode back lol. 

LOL! I watched those FMV to kill some of my leisure time. Hahahaha! :joy: 

At least the idea of shipping romance between KJ and KW in this season to joke around is more realistic than being so twisted-minded shipping romance between KJ and MTG - the psychopath - like last season.  :sweat_smile:  

But, I enjoyed all those FMV and admired their dedication to make those clips and the touchy BGM. 

• Like 7

Yo! A newbie here! Call me Joule-Oppa. [laughs]

I usually watch US TV Series and J-drama (with specific genre I like of course) and Voice is the first kdrama that hooked me up when it was rerun on TvN last April (I subscribe to cable TV and I wouldn't even have known about VOICE if my wife didn't tell me that because she knows what kinds of show I like). It made me try to watch others such as Tunnel, Signal, and Secret Forest. But still, Voice is my favorite despite imperfection. I make a tumblr blog for VOICE, come to visit if you like! http://ocnvoice-daily.tumblr.com

I usually chat in forum like this when I like something (i.e in One Piece forum: Oro Jackson) to share and tbh I've been a silent reader for long time so here I am.

I like both seasons and compare it in a positive way: 

1. HEROES: If you ever know TV Tropes, Jin Hyuk embodied what it calls "Red Hero" (i.e Luffy, Naruto, Superman, Iron Man, Son Goku) and Kang Woo is "Blue Hero" (i.e Sanji, Sasuke, Batman, Capt America, Vegeta); and as the lead character, that's how the show is lead by them, different narrative. Red Hero tends to bring more action and energy as "Mad Dog" while Blue Hero tends to bring more wit and mystery as "Psycho Detective". And it affects how they work with Kang Center, the heroine, professionally: Jin Hyuk and her is foil who complete each other; he's the brawn and she's the brain. Kang Woo and her share the same intelligence level in profiling criminal that balance each other, he's through eyes and she's through ears. Jin Hyuk also gave us grieving feeling and revenge like The Punisher, Gladiator, Braveheart, and The Suspect while Kang Woo gives us the suffering/struggling feeling but not giving up like James Bond in some movies when he's being framed and Jason Bourne Trilogy (being framed when he lost his memories). 
  2. VILLAINS: Both villains are certainly sadistic. But... Tae Goo is just like a child playing in the playground his dad creates, he doesn’t have a goal–he just keeps feeding his bloodlust, he gave us fear while he's also as attractive and classy as Patrick Bateman like Horror Movie. Je Soo creates his own playground for him and his followers to play with to reach his own goal, to make the better world in his own sick version, he gives us an anger and hatred towards him while he's also as mental-ill as Norman Bates like Thriller Movie. Both are also undoubtedly dangerous but with different methods; Tae Goo used money power to work with gangster and cooperate with corrupted police while Je Soo uses his intelligence in the dark web community and hacking police’s communication. 

The romance between Kang Woo and Kwon Joo is subtle like what I use to see in Jdrama and Shounen manga, I like it. Also, if you're familar with Japanese slang, Kang Woo is what we call "Tsundere" but in manga/anime/drama, tsundere character is usually the female one. Well, I'm in this ship, too, guys! I have a such hobby to mix a playlist of the ship and character I like and DKW x KKJ is on my list too. I already made MTG x KKJ one if you're curious too below: 

Spoiler

tumblr_pb83crkl2o1u6fc2yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_pb83crkl2o1u6fc2yo2_r4_500.jpg

LISTEN: (spotify / youtube / AWA)

PS: Track “Monster” by Mr. Children isn’t available on Spotify.

Edited by jouleoppa
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Well, hello @jouleoppa ! Welcome on board and enjoy all the discussion :mrgreen:  (Joule as in Gundam? or as in Physics? :P)

Great post by the way. I completely agree with your review of both season, you captured all the nuances and details of the characters in both seasons. Hope to see more of your perspectives on the plot of Voice 2, albeit this season is wrapping up this weekend. :w00t:  

This platform is safe and open to everyone to discuss either shared or opposite opinions :mrgreen::thumbsup:

By the way, nice pic edit and I LOL at your "creepy love" caption. So on point! :joy:

• Like 6

Okay just few hours to ep 11 and i remember the gesture here

He acted like an oppa :))

• Like 8

20 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

Hope to see more of your perspectives on the plot of Voice 2, albeit this season is wrapping up this weekend. :w00t:

I need to rewatch plus finishing the series to make a full comment or review of the plot. But, there's something bothering me in Season 1 that doesn't happen again in season 2. That's about how convenience the plot for Kang Center's ability that might be useless if the criminals were smart enough to make sure there’s no cellphone being kept in their victim’s pocket to be able to make contacts. In Season 2, those who made the calls aren't the victim who was abducted so it all makes more sense. Though, now the one who seems to have the super hearing ability is Bang Je Soo. I mean, I get that he's hijacking police's communication and server through hack/crack code--still makes sense, there's a lead male character in shounen manga and live action J-drama "Bloody Monday" that has a genius hacking ability like him who even could penetrate the KGB security code. But to be able to listen to Kang Center and Chief Na's conversation in a room? Does he put the tapping device in many police office rooms? When? How?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jouleoppa said:

But to be able to listen to Kang Center and Chief Na's conversation in a room? Does he put the tapping device in many police office rooms? When? How?

If I am to rationalize this based on the plot so far, it is not impossible. He has a hierarchy of minions which he nicknamed as diverse kind of insects to do it for him, such as janitors, technicians, repairman, or whoever that's possible in our head that could come and go the police station to place the small tapping device. Besides, the fact that he is a cop too (coast guard is under the jurisdiction of police agency in SK since 2014 after Sewol Ferry incident) makes it possible as he knows very well the inside out of a police station, on where to place the device, the accessibility, and the security architectures, compared to general public. :ph34r:

Some spoiler pics from OCN. He burns his basement??!! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm making a general answer to everyone: it's easier this way since the arguments are similar a lot. 

There's no offense for me taken in our disagreement: i understand your point of view but i'm also firm in mine and i don't feel my view is  less stronger because it's an unpopular on the thread.

I feel comfortable to express my ideas  and it's mostly due to the fact that you have been all respectfull in the way you conveyed your ideas.:)

On LJW, i've mentionned already that i have seen him in other dramas and wasn't convinced by his acting.. 

Voice 2 was a chance for me to change my perception but it only showed that his acting was indeed limited for my taste.

It became a fact for me and honestly it's not a big deal: we all have actors who don't do it for us and in this case it's not damaging the drama: i never thought i needed to fastfoward his scenes or to give up on watching.

However i maintain, that he was hired for his looks: his character had been sexualized more than necessary ; his shirtless scenes,  the way the PD plays with his sexual chemistry with LHN. I saw on other sites fans comparing Kang Woo to Mo  Tae Gu, a less creepy version of him, and i agree.

The writer tries clearly to exploit the appeal and curiosity that the spark between LHN and KJW has initiated during Voice1. I think it's a failure because KWJ clearly thought throughly how to approach his character and never tried to make him attractive though he gave him his good looks (it was all unintentional and unexpected). I don't see  the same depth in LJW's acting.     

On the chemistry, LHN is a very underrated actress, and one thing about her that people looked over a lot is that she has a lot of chemistry with her male costars. My favourite onscreen relationship for her will always be with Seo In Guk in high School King  of Savvy, but Voice 1 proved how well she can perform too when the stakes are higher, with bigger stars like Jang Hyuk. 

Their chemistry was constant too and far more spectacular than this season imo,  the difference is that the writer really was invested in writing her relationship with Jin Hyuk : their hate/love bond was as intense as the one she had with Mo Tae Gu.

He went from barely containing his rage against her (for disculping the man who he thought killed his wife) to saving her life and becoming her partner and protector. And Kwon Joo absorbed everything he shared with her as her best line in Voice 2 (and the best line of the entire drama) about people filling places between birth and death showed us.

This was also a direct effect of LHN relationship with Jang Hyuk on set: he was a leader for the cast and crew  and a mentor for her  and this trust was naturally translated on screen. 

There was no backstory  as tragic or as powerful between her and Kang Woo and the tension relies mostly on feelings what are induced and staged by the manipulation of the killer. So her inner conflict seems overdramatized just like  her attachment to Kang Woo. I'm mad that she lost her professionalism and stoicism and cried for him while all he had ever done was to spite on the GTT. 

Sure he's enjoying the attention and gifts but he's taking them without any gratefulness, so he clearly doesn't deserve it.     

I'm not blaming fans for enjoying the idea of romance, i did my fair part of it too.:ph34r: 

I'm just pointing the place it has taken in the discussion, not only in this thread but on on other social networks.

I think viewers and fans  are reacting to what the writer is giving them: a plot less exciting  and an an excessive fixation on the male lead (by the PD who is looking for every good angle to shot him  and OCN who is over promoting him).

The proof is in the comparison with the intense  thread for s1 where the discussions near the end were mostly endless theories about the fascinating universe fo the drama, because  we were captivated by the plot. 

I sadly don't feel this for this season.

By the way,  welcome  to the the fans who joined the thread. Better later than never and it's funnier when there's more different point of views.  :)

Pics for ep 11

9_(2).jpg?type=w1200

10_(2).jpg?type=w1200

MYS06110.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

11_(8).jpg?type=w1200

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I'm not blaming fans for enjoying the idea of romance, i did my fair share of too. 

I'm just pointing the place it has taken in the discussion, not only  this thread but on on other social networks. I think viewers and fans  are reacting to the writer is giving them: a    

Unfinished sentence due to word limit? :blink:

• LOL 2

9 minutes ago, ellelyana88 said:

Unfinished sentence due to word limit? :blink:

Nope, i seem to have clicked too fast on the submit reply button! :lol:  

But i fixed it!

More pics form Sarament Entertainement for our leads! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

She posted a few minutes ago. :love:

She always have like the longest script and have to talk very fast. Awww, she's sleepy while memorizing the script. :phew:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ellelyana88 said:

She posted a few minutes ago. :love:

She always have like the longest script and have to talk very fast. Awww, she's sleepy while memorizing the script. :phew:

She's been praised by the Netizens for her delivery: especially how she clearly articulates every word and her soothing voice, which brings trust easily from the victims! 

I read somewhere that she was taking lessons with a voice coach. 

Thankfully, she will have few weeks of rest before filming Voice 3.

Few pretty gifs:heart:

• Like 5

I love Lee Ha Na, I love seeing her smile. If it's not from Behind The Scene, it's so rare in the show but season 2 give her smile scenes more than season 1. And she's my type, if you saw my wife's picture, you'd know why [laughs]

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I read somewhere that she was taking lessons with a voice coach.    

From her interview in the special episode of season 1, she said she takes lesson from an announcer friend for her diction and articulation. Before starting the filming of Voice season 1, she was given enough time to study her character and prepare for it, such as reading newspaper like an announcer everyday. She indeed put a lot of effort to portray KKJ. :thumbsup:

She's so underrated :tears:  Her Soompi page is so quiet. She deserves more recognition though. :( 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

From her interview in the special episode of season 1, she said she takes lesson from an announcer friend for her diction and articulation. Before starting the filming of Voice season 1, she was given enough time to study her character and prepare for it, such as reading newspaper like an announcer everyday. She indeed put a lot of effort to portray KKJ. :thumbsup:

She's so underrated :tears:  Her Soompi page is so quiet. She deserves more recognition though. :( 

Are you serious?! She has a soompi page???!!! :o

How does it come i never found about it?

Do you have a link?

You can be sure I'm going to try to resurrect this thread!

Meanwhile, ost 4 has been released: two new songs, for Kang Woo. 

The lyrics for the 2nd song Stay There.

Every night and day I pray
And draw me close to you
Close my eyes to hear your voice
I hear your every cry
Where are you
Where are you
Don’t give away
Tonight I want to see you smile
And cry me out
To see you again everyday
Screaming out