Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Voice 2, 보이스2

On 9/5/2018 at 2:54 PM, nona88 said:

Sadly I thinking it a mess right now 

I feel the same way too.

For me, there's too many things ongoing for the detectives on top of the daily issues the golden time team need to deal with.

It's good that we know the villian already and I'm sure we will gladly wait for the big reveal on why he is being this way. But I hope we don't have to wait for season 3 for that to happen. :sweatingbullets:

What I don't appreciate is that they make the male lead a complex and confusing character that every episode just gives us more headache and confusion on whether he is good or bad while we need to deal with the motives of the psycho villian.

I'm sad that there's secrets, suspicions and background checking between our female and male lead and I hope it clears up soon as I secretly hope for some romance to happen after watching episode 7 that he felt the change in her when she avoided looking into his eyes. I mean... i can hope right? :D

Even if there's no romance, I would like the Golden Time Team to work together as a team with trust to beat the villian.

• Like 6

OCN has a major wthdrawal for LHN and KJW scenes and who can blame them?:love:

So they did a mixed promo for Voice 2 and The Guest! :w00t:

When will they work together again?:tears:

• Like 8

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I dunno... I don't really think that this season is really that much of a mess. I can understand some of the disappointment but to be honest, the first series did also have quite a lot of villains, not just MTG. Of course MTG was an extremely good-looking, charming villain but he was aided and abetted by a whole rogue's gallery as well. This is of course not counting the corruption among the police officers as well.

The most significant difference between the two series is that the team leader in the dispatch team has a much bigger backstory than the previous one. KW's individual arc is huge and much bigger than that of JH's and possibly even bigger than KJ's. JH was a good guy... a single dad with a sick son whose wife was murdered. That was it. His story is pretty typical of the cop who is victim. We already know pretty much all there is to know about KJ's past and why she got involved with call centre policing. It seems to me that much of the disgruntled rumblings comes from the fact that we want to be able to trust him 100% but we can't. And that's downright frustrating. Because I would be very upset, like everyone else, if he were as big a villain as the coast guard anarchist. Of course I don't believe he is a villain mainly because he is seriously and conscientiously doing his job. There are shades of darkness certainly but he's definitely far more desperate than anyone to catch the coast guard. All the stuff about Japan, blackouts and his ex-partner casts a lot doubt on his integrity and I'm sure that's what (at least partially) frustrating people.

The other difference is that MTG's story was relatively straightforward. He was the psychopathic chaebol heir that got away with murder because of his father's connections. But that was also tied up with the usual government-in-bed-with-Big-Business corruption. 

I think the first series also had some problems which are being overlooked. Timing issues.... for example. How did MTG get to a certain witness so quickly, kill them and leave the crime scene so soon? I've heard people say this series overdoes the gore but honestly, the first series had plenty of gore too. I'm just thinking about how the cupboard granny was killed for instance. Not to mention that MTG's modus operandi was pretty yukky too. However, my guess is that all of that doesn't come under scrutiny because things often moved at breakneck speed for the most part. I think there were the odd filler episode here and there as well.

TBH, this new guy scares the heck out of me more than MTG because he has access to technology which allows him to have eyes and ears in the police station. It makes him ubiquitous. On top of that, he has friends in other places... that haven't been identified. Goodness knows they might be cops too. He is BIG BROTHER is the worst possible way. Maybe even worse than George Orwell's Big Brother. 

Very well said! 

Season One did have some ups and downs and some cool and boring cases. I did also wonder how MTG had so much time to talk, threaten, call 112, and then kill the person horribly - some things weren't thought through I guess LOL. 

MTG was a basic serial killer dude and did everything himself, like you mentioned above. This season's masked killer dude is way more involved in the dark web and he has gathered practically an army against the Golden Time Team. I was wondering maybe one of the villains from the last season will be back? Cause the one guy Kwon Yool talks to - Praying Mantis (i believe that's the name saved as the contact on his phone) he mentions in one his texts how Kwon Joo bothered him and made him angry (something on those lines). 

I think the biggest thing right now this season Kang woo's authenticity - like who is he? Why does he get those flashbacks? Is he a killer? Does he have feels for our Kwon Joo..? LOL :joy: 

I personally wished they didn't include the Japanese little girl dying and Kwon Yool knows about her too. Like wtf? You better have a good backstory or people won't buy it. 

And another question - Does the show have only 12 episodes or 14 episodes because it is ending on Sept 30 - or my math is wrong :)

• Like 7

9 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm sad that there's secrets, suspicions and background checking between our female and male lead and I hope it clears up soon as I secretly hope for some romance to happen after watching episode 7 that he felt the change in her when she avoided looking into his eyes. I mean... i can hope right? 

So glad i'm not the only one who hope some romance to happen after watching ep 7 & 8 (all the teasing from the sidekick and even chief Na)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, loricarii said:

So glad i'm not the only one who hope some romance to happen after watching ep 7 & 8 (all the teasing from the sidekick and even chief Na)

I don't know if it just me but the first scene Kwon Joo and Kang Woo had together - the looks in their eyes was something different when they saw each other. They do look great together :love:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, msaamia said:

I don't know if it just me but the first scene Kwon Joo and Kang Woo had together - the looks in their eyes was something different when they saw each other. They do look great together :love:

Do you mean the scene when KJ pointed her gun at KW ? Yes it is. There's something different on KW's eyes (sorry for my delulu mind) hahaha

But i always brush it aside because this is a crime drama *sigh*

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Few goodies! 

From LHN's insta:

A pretty art of LHN:heart:

OCN loves its Voice villains, especially when they look good in a suit!

KJW and Kwon Yul at the last MAMA.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, loricarii said:

Do you mean the scene when KJ pointed her gun at KW ? Yes it is. There's something different on KW's eyes (sorry for my delulu mind) hahaha

But i always brush it aside because this is a crime drama *sigh*

Haha :joy: I have my hopes but not too high - never can predict a mind of a crime show writer:sleepy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Spoilers pics for ep9!

The multipersonality discussion? 

10_(1).jpg?type=w1200

10_(2).jpg?type=w1200

Based on OCN captions, those pics of Kang Woo looking ill could mean a new blackout! :scream:  

MYS04473.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS04486.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

MYS04494.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Two new OST songs have been released!

But they are totally different style of music! 

The first song I hear you by Yeseo is an intriguing  pop song.  

I would like to read the lyrics!

The 2nd song is Desolate circle by Perfect Assymetry is a hard rock song.

• Like 3

@titania1000 Thanks for posting the new OSTs. I'm glad they release more songs. Season 1 only had 3 as far as I remember. 

Spoiler picture, is that our killer's mom or more like is that how he remembers her? I doubt he has a girlfriend so not that many options.  

Cute BTS

• Like 5

8 hours ago, nateko said:

@titania1000 Thanks for posting the new OSTs. I'm glad they release more songs. Season 1 only had 3 as far as I remember. 

Spoiler picture, is that our killer's mom or more like is that how he remembers her? I doubt he has a girlfriend so not that many options.  

Thanks for the pics!

Yeah for more songs, sadly they didn't get to use artists as good as the ones for season1.

She looks impressive: classy, commanding and haughty.  

No wonder why her son thinks so high of himself! 

However considering  his mutiple skills, it's not completely unfounded.  

I'm late to the party but here my review for ep8 that i didn't get the chance to post! 

Sorry for this very long post!

EP 8  was the major game changer that i was waiting for and boy did i like it! 

The writing was tightened,  the directing dynamic and well paced and the acting very good! 

The revelations cleared the two most important plot points: Kang Woo's involvement in the murders and chief Na's credibility as a narrator of the story.

:

There's little to no doubt left about Kang Woo's capacity to kill. Not only that but  he's not any murderer, he's a very dangerous kind of one: a serial killer with "no memory" of his crimes, no "conscience" of his acts, and thus no guilt.  

The scenes retold by Chief Na and seen by his brother where Kang Woo  hit so hard the suspect's head that he almost killed him  can't be interpreted otherwise.

It's been confirmed too by the masked killer/Bang Je Soo (who seems to know him very well), when he showed the ear of the little japanese girl.

Before that, the clues pointing to his culpability were too many to be all listed but the most interesting : his indifference to his job and to the victims, to the importance of the GTT, his rejection of of any sort of responsability in his ex partner's death, his dark view of life, all the hallucinations and  nightmares induced by his subconscious, show that this revelation was slowly and carefully built by the writer since the start of the drama.    

I don't know if he's repressing voluntarily his memories to continue to live freely, of if it's his condition that he's controlling him, but in both cases, he can't be trusted because he  clearly knows that something is massively wrong with him (even if he doesn't remember the killing) - the scene where he hide in the car from the other cops, cleaned the blood on his face and took the pills left no ambiguity about it - and yet he's still in denial.

So far, he still pretends that he's not a  threat for the public (!),  though the truth is that he's probably even more a threat to the GTT. He finds his place among the team because of a deception, and by his own admission he knows very well how it feels to not be able to relieve his desire, which leaves unanswered  the major question: how much longer can he contain himself before he won't be able anymore to do it and will attack the team?

I fear for Kwon Joo: as if it wasn't nightmarish enough that she brougth a killer inside the GTT (what a cruel way to return her professional objectivity, absence of biais, and trust in the facts against her!), she's also a target because of the bond she genuinely tried to create with him.

The balance has been totally reversed between them: she's the one being  "chased".

No matter how much manipulation he's s trying to use on her, the gifts/phones, all his attempts to bring her attention on him by showing how well and hard he's working for her (that was his reason to ask her to join him on the field and to call officer Jin to get more infos in front of her), she can't ignore her instinct: she feels already with all her senses that it's not right to "use" him, though she has no material evidence against him (that was her words).

Watching their interactions, I felt that she was even physically put off by his presence. I really don’t get the comments that criticized her decision to not share anything with him: he’s suspected to be a serial killer, it’s not like he’s going to confess just because he likes her. In all cases, he doesn’t remember his killings, so even if he wanted to clear his conscience, he wouldn’t be able to do it.                  

It's hard to tell what's inside Kang Woo's mind when it comes to her: considering the main theme of the episode (dating abuse), it felt few times that he could easily fell in this category because of the exclusive and possessive way he seems to consider their relationship, The phones looked more like a personal gift offered to deepen their connection, to extend the secrecy and thus closeness coming from being on the same side and sharing everything about the investigation. It was not only the killer's control on all their conversations that he wanted to escape but also entire police force, and she was the only one exception.

YSM as Chief Na continue to make an excellent performance. I said earlier how much I loved his confrontation with Kwon Joo. The second half of this scene in this episode lived up to the 1st part though it didn’t give me the same impression. I felt that they were closer to stop distrusting each other and to finally work together. Kwon Joo get out of the room more convinced and determined.

He was ambiguous before, but the episode cleared the suspicions on him: all the scenes he shared with different  characters: Kang Woo, Kwon Joo and his second, had an element of sincerity, be in the tone or attitude that was unmistakable.

I liked especially, when Kang Woo, remembered that he used to say that he preferred to release ten criminals than to keep one innocent man in jail. That shows a level of integrity which is the mark of the real heroes. It might be why I want him so badly to team up with Kwon Joo. I can totally see him as a mentor for her.  

And I believe he’s not as much as fooled by the masked killer, his intelligence and instinct were fully on alert when he met Bang Je Soo for the 1st time, discovered his real job and start to wonder while an ex UDT officer would do in the forensic team.

But it's true that his conviction to be right make him blind to the possibility that Kang Woo could say the truth about being framed by an other killer.    

More quick thoughts

• Does the writer hate the women of the GTT? Last season, Kwon Joo endured the unwanted attention of Mo Tae Gu and Eun Soo’s sister almost get raped by serial a rapist who almost killed Kwon Joo. This season Eun Soo is beaten and abused by her ex boyfriend, and Kwon Joo attracted a psychopathic killer. Our intelligent, smart and pretty heroines deserve better that those violent jerks, not matter how good looking they are (let Eun Soo get some love from officer Jin and bring back Jin Hyuk! )!.        
  •  Nobody will convince me that the ‘romantic”scenes between Kwon Joo and Kang Woo weren’t creepy as hell. It was one sided and gave an obsessional vibe on his side. It’s the way that he looks at her which is disturbing the most and obviously when she got out of her car in the parking lot of the police station it disturbed her too. The “he’s heartbroken” argument doesn’t hold a candle, to the physical threat that he represents for her. He's a violent man in all cases. 
  • That’s why I’m happy he didn’t save Eun Soo. It would have been even more fake than the time he saved detective Park's wife. Speaking of her, i’m totally uncomfortable with the trust and gratefulness that she shows to Kang Woo. I hope it won’t be used against her. It would devastate the team once again.  
  • I’m mad at the writer for missing once more the opportunity to write a beautiful female friendship scene between Kwon Joo and Eun Soo when they almost met.
  • This drama love to hire idols to improve its popularity and so far the casting director did a good job, but I’m not sure what they bring to the show since the ratings don’t seem to have benefitted from their presence.

Plot points:

• If  chief Na’s brother was killed for witnessing Kang Woo’s brutality, what's the point of revealing his corruption? What's the point of the server inside the police force?  Are those subplots still linked to the main story?
  • After the Cain and Abel clue given by Bang Je Soo to Kang Woo, we learnt that Kang Woo lost his mother one year ago and of the colleague of Bang Je Soo mentioned at the crime scene his older brother (he asked him to bring him). So the drama seems to seriously hinting at a family connection between them?!  
  • If this theory is true, could he have placed people near Kang Woo to check on him, and gave him infos when Kang Woo was suspended from the police force? Could it be Kang Woo’s informant (in which case he’s definitely not his victim)? I felt that he might have been one of the followers who texted Bang Je Soo during last episode... 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The preview for ep10 is just one big :scream:

He's threatening  Kwon Joo's life in a hostage situation! Is he really going to hurt her or is it a new twist?

• Like 5

So does mean that there's no hope for Kang Woo and Kwon Joo? :sleepy:

Maybe this means Jin Hyuk and Kwon Joo are meant to be.....:heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I just saw this thread and for some reason it feels a little weird to see how Kangwoo got thrown out as a murderer like midway of the drama and as I saw the last season the writers tend to include some unexpected plottwists. So what if the killer is using Kangwoos disorder to frame him? Let's say the guy (don't remember who anymore) who told on Kangwoo to Chief Na is on that killers side. Maybe Kangwoo never reacted violently and it was all made up to make him look like the crazy one. How did the killer get the ear anyway? But yeah who knows. Maybe he really has a second personality who is commiting these crimes. I have just seen the teaser for tomorrows episode as well and it kinda seems like he is starting to get hunted down because people are suspecting him again and he is confused about himself. From my perspective (for now at least) Kangwoos situation is just getting used by that killer in order to cover up what he actually did. But let's see what will happen tmrw!

• Like 8

,About  ep 9

1.Most important thing,  i wrote about it before here I said " don't let this season ending be everyone more suspecting kW or maybe he on  the run from police  after they believe  he a killer" I said that , voice  2 team it still have 3 Ep's left , normally i would say that not even enought but I am here trying to be positive as much as I can, I am trying to trust each one of you with all my heart so please don't, just don't do that , not that please :heartbreak:

2.kW father was a killer; still maybe he his father or someone he know, even if he is his father we already  suspect that from ep 3 when he talked about "  not to make your child living as murder kid to double himself all his  life if he going to be a killer to ", I don't think kW helped his father ( if he was his father ) as the doctor said, he was really friend with the Japanese girl and his father killed his friend I think that enought shock to him to suffer all his life a trauma, lost memory and morever  to find it hard to trust and deal with people, but I think at that time since he was usually friend  with someone and maybe his father killed her when kW bring her home the people and the police suspect that he helped his father, but as a kid in shock he was never had chance to face that  thoughts ( all that if we talking about his real father) 

3.kW isn't the same person the masked killer, I was sure before since there were little proofs here and there , but it still not clear proof it still could be tricky from the how they show us the scene, but ep 9 clear that , chief na show kW photo to the people who live with the masked killer and they said they never saw him so we really clear from the fact that maybe the masked killer is another personality kW has.

4.so is he has another personality that help the killer !!still no clear answer on that part from the drama, but I think that not true 

5.I am now more thinking kw and the masked killer were there 27 year ago when the Japanese  girl get killed, that hoe everything start, one was the killer son, the other maybe another son, close friend or even a family member of the Japanese  girl or it just a kid that happen to be there, no matter  what the really I'd of the two kids it don't prove with one  have to be a killer, sometime a killer and the most psycho crazy killer kids fight to live in normal way as much as they could and didn't become killer , and sometimes not related kids saw something in there  childhood trun on their switch  to become psycho too, it related  to so many factors and just one of them that their people who was born like that, and another one people who choice to be like that so this two factor still just two on many other factors so no clear proof  from someone past that make him for sure a killer

I hoped kW was more honest with kj before, she already give him trust, chances and tried hard to not be affected  by everythings point  against him more then anyone in his life, he know that so before telling her that you thought she would be different and believe you , you should have give her some trust too even when it hard, she asked for that more then once in clear way.

KW no one can gave absolutely faith, Trust can be giving  to some limited and it not grown or stay standing if it wasn't something that you also give.

Waiting for e 10 I know they going to make me regret not waiting to next week before watching it, just give us some change of the game I can't keep this untrust game to the last episode 

@nono79 

welcome  here I hope you enjoy being here and in other drama fourm, and I am with the thoughts that the killer using kW problem to frame him, or at the start he want him to change and become  like him as he thought, but now he destroying him If he will not choicing to go were the killer thing he belong 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:
  • After the Cain and Abel clue given by Bang Je Soo to Kang Woo, we learnt that Kang Woo lost his mother one year ago and of the colleague of Bang Je Soo mentioned at the crime scene his older brother (he asked him to bring him). So the drama seems to seriously hinting at a family connection between them?!  
  • If this theory is true, could he have placed people near Kang Woo to check on him, and gave him infos when Kang Woo was suspended from the police force? Could it be Kang Woo’s informant (in which case he’s definitely not his victim)? I felt that he might have been one of the followers who texted Bang Je Soo during last episode

As I said before ( sadly  I have to write that again ) cain and abel story was never a good a hint :bawling: the masked killer from the start show interesting in kW in weird way, more then hating him he  like loving him,more then want to kill him he want him to live, more then framing  him on crime he didn't  do to get rid of him he was more trying to connect with him making him remember  things 

From the moment I saw how he talked of kW in front of his mother body  I know they know each other, even the mother, so maybe two brothers, friends or anything but for sure the killer not liking that kW forget about the bond  they share 

13 hours ago, titania1000 said:

preview for ep10 is just one big :scream:

He's threatening  Kwon Joo's life in a hostage situation! Is he really going to hurt her or is it a new twist?

Waiting I am waiting to see the answer 

My good heart saying he will never  hurt her he just using her to escape since he surrendered, he come to talk to her so even If she doesn't believe  him, he will not hurt her, 

By the way kidnapping her not a bad idea maybe for once they will have enought  time to talk and  he will be forced  to share everything with her, and she will face him of what she know and thought 

Just for once stop the hide game it boring  now, just throw your thoughts and anger at each other i missed  that life style 

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:
  • ’m mad at the writer for missing once more the opportunity to write a beautiful female friendship scene between Kwon Joo and Eun Soo when they almost met.
  • This drama love to hire idols to improve its popularity and so far the casting director did a good job, but I’m not sure what they bring to the show since the ratings don’t seem to have benefitted from their presence.

:bawling::bawling: he missed so much things a good actor for the stories, a good touching scene in important moments, let out the  deep connected between the team especially the female character I don't know if that the writer or the pd !!! Since the written did really care for the every little human side in story in season 1 I think sadly the pd fast and action  way cutting scene or doing it less care since he not seeing how important  this things, the scene  he focus on just the action and fight and climax of the story not the details of every character 

I feeld  that when he didn't show how important the scene when kj ask kW to save the woman from the sea, kj part was important like the important of kW change face that moment, from that moment even the story of victims start to lose the treatment they desrive,  it touching storys that shown in fast and action style , no more caring of the human side more then the action side.

Casting the actors is important, for me casting a good one more important then popularity but that not the case for Korean watchers so I understand they using it few times but as you said it to much, not helping here and it destroying  the story , the way it performing can make the story shine or buried  it just like the different  we feeled  between episode 3 story and the zombie story.

7 hours ago, msaamia said:

So does mean that there's no hope for Kang Woo and Kwon Joo? :sleepy:

Maybe this means Jin Hyuk and Kwon Joo are meant to be.....:heart:

Possitve thinking in time of need :thumbsup: you have my heart with you trying to think that way to survive what happening now 

For me jh and kj were meant to be from the start in many ways even if it not in the romance one too, I loved their  bond, loved each character alone and so much amazed  by their characters when they together.

But have hope my friend they already  planing season 3 , so no matter if kW and kj or jh and kj there still hope for the both side fans , but please I need a major changing in season  3 that enought I need more good treatment to this great story, but I fear that not going to happen since they planning to keep shooting season 3 at the end of season 2 , I hope they change their mind the situation now need a break and time  for everyone 

• Like 2

You know you are obssessed with Voice 2 when you are crazily searching for episode 10 to realise... episode 10 is not aired yet. :sweatingbullets:

And I seriously think KW and villian might be 

Spoiler

*jeng jeng jeng* brothers!!!

Same parents or same father, different mother. 

And all the previews of episode 10 that we are seeing are KW being framed as the killer by his brother or half brother.

And he is on the run from the police to prove his innocence. 

KW is definitely innocent!!!!

• Like 8