Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

1 hour ago, jimb said:

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 109

Park tells Halmoni about the photo.  Halmoni aigoos.

Hwang’s Mother confronts Fake Detective.   She realizes that there is another rat in the maze.

Fake Daughter performs for her audience. The two Gentlemen rescue the abused lady. 

Lee’s Sister spills some beans, as is her wont.

Never approach an angry woman with a mop.  Angry man, either.

Kang’s Mother does not hit Lee with her mop. 

Unfortunately where there is a mop, there is often a pail of dirty water.

Just quoting some of the lines that made me laugh.  You keep coming up with so many gems.  I mean, you are seriously creative in your writing, @jimb ... I get such a laugh every time, reading your take on the episodes.  Particularly after the writer does crazy things that make me mad.  You know we don't comment much about your recaps, but that doesn't mean that we don't appreciate the time you spend on it, and the quality of the piece that results.  It's just that we don't know what to say, except, it's just so much fun to read!

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

11 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I think it may be too early to say that.  He may have finally decided to use his brain and find out what JE is up to.  Confronting her right away might make her come up with some excuse like she had just found it dumped somewhere and picked it up.  Perhaps he wants to see what she does with the box of flyers, and is trying to see if she would lie about even having the box in the car, not knowing that he had seen it already?

By the way, I can't remember anything that is clearly wrong that DG did to HN (or anybody else).  What did he really do, that everybody is upset about?   If he is being stupid and dumb for his own good, why do we care? :) ... I don't like the guy, nor respect him, because he is a wimp and is so lost in love with JE to have put up with weird behavior from her on so many occasions.  There was even that one incident of straight theft that I remember, when he caught JE with stealing that blue dress that HN designed for the broadcast (but there he did the right thing by returning the dress to the TV station just on time and saved her, even knowing that it wasn't what JE wanted).   So I wondered why you said that he threw HN under the bus many times?  When? .... Through inaction? I can't remember.

Honest question, as I have similarly wondered why others here say that he is not a "good guy".   I don't care for him either, but don't hate him.  Being generally a good-for-nothing wimp doesn't make him a "bad guy", and I don't remember "bad" or morally incorrect acts from him.  I may have simply missed something, so I am asking....

DG failing to do anything other then returning the blouse he gets a pass  but when HN asked him if JE was involved he wouldn't answer her. He has stood by and just watched JE talk to HN as if she's a piece of trash under your foot. Then there's the design incident where he knew who was in that office and again he said nothing. His going on a date with HN was the worst thing for me. After the date  he confessed his true feelings but by then it was too late. I doubt if DG even thought about seeing what JE is up too because he would never think of JE as doing anything wrong. DG will remain as blind as a bat until the truth is revealed. 

• Like 8

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 110

With a pail of mop water, Kang’s Mother lets Lee know she is really angry.

Lee gets going.

Hwang’s Mother assures Yoon she is hot on Fake Detective’s trail.

At home, Kang’s Mother reflects that maybe she brought too much harsh down on Lee’s head.

Kang enters her Mother’s bedroom.  Kang’s Mother observes that if she has really broken up with Lee, she should take his ring off her finger.

Kang surrenders the ring to the custody of her Mother.

Lee’s Father arrives for his cooking lesson and Kang’s Mother cooks his goose.

Lee’s Father foolishly attempts to explain himself.

Lee’s Father gets going.  But he leaves with a check reimbursing him for his swindled funds.

Lee’s Father shares his woe with Dawg and Park Sr..  They give him a difficult homework assignment.

A policeman meets with Yoon and explains how the sender of the photograph masked his/her identity.  Also that Fake Detective is a fake detective.

Fake Daughter delivers coffee to the policeman.  Then she needles Hwang’s Mother.

Lee returns to Kang’s Mother’s Shop for a second helping of mop juice.  Kang’s Mother discovers she has an unwanted apprentice on her hands.

Lee slices his finger and Kang’s Mother returns to Mother Theresa mode.

Peeling an onion makes Lee cry.

Hwang and her Mother meet in a café to, as G. W. Bush would say, plot strategery.

At the end of the work day, Fake Daughter arrives at Park and Kang’s office.  The minx finagles Park into giving she and Kang a ride home.

After Lee has worked in the Side Dish Store all day, his Father makes an inopportune appearance.  Kang’s Mother seizes upon the opportunity to tell them both to get lost and stay lost.

Hwang is working in the courtyard when her husband returns home.  Noting that he has arrived with her two BFF’s doesn’t elevate her mood.   

Fake daughter finds an excuse to paw Park.  Hwang is like GTH into the house, but not in so many words.

After Hwang and Park disappear into their house, Kang catches Fake Daughter in full smirk.

Hwang gives her spouse’s ears a proper verbal reaming.

When Lee and his Father arrive home, Lee’s Mother detects the odor of kimchi.

Lee’s Sister enters his bedroom and confesses to spilling the beans about their Mother’s misbehavior.

Hwang phones her Mother.  They agree that Something must be done about Fake Daughter.

Morning.

At breakfast, Park presses his wife’s case for moving to a new house.  Park Sr. promises to make it happen.

Kang’s Mother arrives at her shop and finds her unwanted helper loitering by the door.  Lee refers to her as “Mother” and Gets Going before she can react.

Lee arrives for a business meeting with Kang.  She notices his chopped finger.  He notices her ringless finger.

Hwang’s Mother tries to assign some work to Fake Daughter and they bicker.

Fake Daughter arrives at Chez Yoon-Hwang to deliver something and finds herself alone.

In a bedroom Fake Daughter fingers some jewelry with larcenous intent until she is interrupted by Halmoni and two cops.

Fake Daughter assures the police that Hwang’s Mother will confirm that she is in the house running an errand for her.  Right . . .

Ha!  They have the Miranda Warning in Korea?  Who knew?

Hwang’s Mother assures Yoon that she is on the case but fears that Fake Detective has left Korea.

Hwang’s Mother is on the phone with the police.  Of course she never gave Fake Daughter permission to enter her house – let alone, to try on her jewelry.

When the police officer gets off the phone Fake Daughter, who is expecting the cuffs to come off forthwith, gets a nasty surprise.  Since she’s on probation, it’s back to jail for Fake Daughter.

In her office, Yoon opens an envelope containing a brief note and a photo of her Sister sitting a café table with Fake Detective. 

Hwang unwisely visits Fake Daughter in jail.

Hwang learns that she may soon be joining Fake Daughter behind bars.  Hwang’s Mother arrives just in time to learn that she makes three.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

52 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

DG failing to do anything other then returning the blouse he gets a pass  but when HN asked him if JE was involved he wouldn't answer her.

That is a wimp for you, who doesn't want to hurt his girlfriend.  At least he didn't lie and say that JE didn't do it.  He didn't know that it was important to warn HN about being careful about JE, because he himself didn't feel that JE was dangerous.  And was thinking that he would be able to reform JE (talk about a loser!).   It was inaction from him, and it had the effect of doing something bad, but he wasn't deliberately doing anything bad to cause anybody harm. 

He has stood by and just watched JE talk to HN as if she's a piece of trash under your foot. 

I guess those scenes didn't register in me.  So I don't remember.  Like I said, I don't care for the guy, so I may not even have cared to notice that he was standing and watching it.   If there were scenes where he should've stopped JE from saying or doing nasty things and didn't do anything, then yes, it makes him a bad guy.

Then there's the design incident where he knew who was in that office and again he said nothing

Did he ever get to the point of putting 2 and 2 together and guessing that JE's mom may have stolen the designs?  I thought he was generally not in the loop on the design-theft matter, and nobody discussed the matter with him for him to even say that JE's mom was alone in the office (but I think we saw him wondering about it).  It got resolved with Leo's involvement before DG could offer anything in the matter, but my memory may be wrong there.

His going on a date with HN was the worst thing for me. After the date  he confessed his true feelings but by then it was too late

Yeah, that was classic wimp behavior.  He didn't know how to tell her that he only looked at her as a sister. To add to that, HN is a klutz in romance who didn't realize that the guy had never done anything to indicate that he had romantic feelings towards her (but then, she may probably still not know that things like romantic feelings are even real!).  Anyway, I too didn't like that DG was such a wimp in that date fiasco and that he only hurt HN more, unnecessarily.  But he was not trying to do anything wrong.  He was going about it in awkward ways, as he is spineless and indecisive too.

Okay, I see that there were quite a few scenes that stuck with many of you and caused you to pretty much abhor the guy!  I was simply not caring much about the dude to even bother :)

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Yeah, that was classic wimp behavior.  He didn't know how to tell her that he only looked at her as a sister. To add to that, HN is a klutz in romance who didn't realize that the guy had never done anything to indicate that he had romantic feelings towards her (but then, she may probably still not know that things like romantic feelings are even real!).  Anyway, I too didn't like that DG was such a wimp in that date fiasco and that he only hurt HN more, unnecessarily.  But he was not trying to do anything wrong.  He was going about it in awkward ways, as he is spineless and indecisive too.

Okay, I see that there were quite a few scenes that stuck with many of you and caused you to pretty much abhor the guy!  I was simply not caring much about the dude to even bother :)

I don't hate DG but I don't like him because he's a weak man and he's let love change him into an even weaker person. It will be interesting to see what he does when the truth is revealed. Will his blinder come off and he'll finally see the monster he loves and married. I just don't see a happy ending for him and JE. 

• Like 9

I have the memory of a goldfish, so have bucklies of bringing up any scenes to back myself up, but he did seem aware of some of jhs early misdeeds against hn, and the bad attitude. My problem with this, is he is painted as a big bro to HN, so he should have looked out for her a bit more, rather than letting his willie lead him.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, awsparkle said:

DG failing to do anything other then returning the blouse he gets a pass  but when HN asked him if JE was involved he wouldn't answer her. He has stood by and just watched JE talk to HN as if she's a piece of trash under your foot. Then there's the design incident where he knew who was in that office and again he said nothing. His going on a date with HN was the worst thing for me. After the date  he confessed his true feelings but by then it was too late. I doubt if DG even thought about seeing what JE is up too because he would never think of JE as doing anything wrong. DG will remain as blind as a bat until the truth is revealed. 

@awsparkle WELL SAID!

Which is why DG is called a "eunuch" in one drama site.:D

Had he told HN that JE stole her sample blouse (HN definitely knew JE stole her presentation notes before this) and that JE's mum stole the design, HN would have been more CAREFUL with this evil mum-daughter duo!:angry:

@jayakris it looks like DG is clueless again. He should have kept quiet about the flyers found in her car & investigate secretly. From the preview it seems he confronted JE instead. Of course this QUEEN OF ALIBIS will cook up something to convince him yet AGAIN! :triumph:

• Like 7

I had been defending DG and his unconditional love since time immemorial.

I thought that feeling lack of love is what is messing up with JE's head so as DG is treating her accordingly, she will have a rethink and start behaving accordingly instead, she took his love for granted and has been manipulating and disrespecting him.

Do you know she don't actually respect this guy?

Look at the way she talks to him. So rude.

Even her mum don't talk to her husband that way.

I and some of us finally came to the conclusion that her problem is more than what we had presumed.

She is very sick in the head and I want DG to be miles away from her.

DG is a wimp,agreed but sometimes we all can be a wimp for love. That guy wanted to love without looking at flaws and I don't blame him.

His love isn't appreciated that's why it's seen as he don't know what he is doing.

Out there, some spouses have seen their better halves do worst but most time ignore that to see if they will have change of heart. Some do actually change when they constantly see how good and enduring u have been with them.

DG isn't bad, men and women like him are miracle workers. He is the introverted cool type and how he behaves defines his temperament to a large extent. 

My best female friends  from growing up to this level were all phlegmatic. They are very faithful friends and can endure a lot. They can keep secrets for life and never questions why u did some certain things u do. Their brain is so slow in accepting reality and moving on.  Infact, instead of moving on from abusive relationships they will be stuck there hoping that their partners will change one day.

If we see DG through this way, we won't crucify him that much again:D

I know I'm guilty.

I have a very good and close lady friend who married a misogynist. The man loves her but is so controlling and manipulative like JE. The only thing she does is come to my house and cry sometimes. I'm the one who normally explodes:lol: with anger but what can i do? Tell her to use a different approach to solve a certain problem, she will agree and do the same thing again,then come and start crying. I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me anymore

She loves this man unconditionally and actually, he has changed a lot but still has that controlling nature. And anytime I'm with them and a problem arises, once the man  raise his voice, even if she is right, which she is most of the time, she will shut up her mouth. Any attempt from the man to make her talk will fall on brick wall:D

It was just few days ago I started comparing her character with that of DG and find out as I can't help loving her, cos she is exceptionally very good, and her husband knows. JE knew her husband is exceptionally good and still can't change. She is a complete psycho. He is a good, handsome and faithful man so many ladies will die for. It's a pity people like him uses heart most of the time instead of heart and brain to think.

• Like 8

To me  ignoring the crappy things someone does in fact make you a bad person he may have intervene a few times  but he never told anyone truth about her even with HN was about to lose her dream or rep getting permanently damage.

Also what he did to HN toying with her makes him a scumbag still,he is no where near her friend, it seems HG did much more for HN in such a short time then he ever did.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, jayakris said:

I don't know if the drama is particularly more popular among the Korean viewers than other daily dramas that were #1 in their time slots.  Ratings around 20 are quite good but nothing so remarkable.  But it is certainly so much more popular among younger folks, and I think a lot more people who normally only watch the 8-week dramas have checked out this 6-month drama.  That explains the unprecedented internet following and the soompi interest for the drama.  The only reason I can imagine is what you just said - JJH seems to have really captured a lot of people's imagination.  I can't think of any other explanation

First, I just want to say that what you said above is all true. I also do think after this drama reached at eps 50 JJH has captured many viewers' attention. There was a ranking of actors' brand reputation on July/August and his ranking from 120± going up to 90 something. 

Second, SIA and Ha Seung Ri are the main reason why Korean viewers watch this drama at first as SIA and HSR are well known in Korea (source from my friend's friend who is from Korea).

Oh welcome @Ameera Ali ! 

In my ninth years of into Kpop, I've been watching some dailies before like The Shinning Eun Soo, Lovers in Bloom and two others which I cannot recall the drama title. But, all of these dramas I skip A LOT of episodes (out of 120 eps maybe only 20-30 eps I've watched) and even don't know how were their ending and SAT is THE FIRST drama I am watching without skipping any episodes and any scenes on it. The only thing I hope from writer-nim for the ending is do not make JE and SH to be forgiven by the kind hearted HN. Huh!  Why I get feeling that DG will most likely not divorce JE? Maybe they will moving out to other place and start a fresh life..... Lolololololol :crazy:

• Like 8

@mamanijared

Those are lovely photos. The casting director for this drama really did a good job cause they actually look like mother and daughter. And SH/JH look like sisters.:)

Also the ring is back...

• Like 9

In the first half if the drama till ep. 70, HN was kind to HG, she always smiled at him. Sometimes I wish he didn't confess his love. This way the viewers would have enjoyed their relationship more. :tears:

• Like 6

9 hours ago, joke lanfoo said:

@jayakris it looks like DG is clueless again. He should have kept quiet about the flyers found in her car & investigate secretly. From the preview it seems he confronted JE instead. Of course this QUEEN OF ALIBIS will cook up something to convince him yet AGAIN!

Ah, right.  I forgot about that scene in the preview.  Most probably he is setting himself up to be duped again by the lying-cheating lowlife.  On the other hand, if he had asked right away in the morning when he found it, it could have been easier for her to lie that she had just found it outside the house earlier in the morning and had put it in the trunk, but was going to tell him later because she was in a rush to go the morning broadcast.  But now that he knows that she has not told anybody about it even by night time, it may be tougher to lie.  Still, we should expect that she will come up with something.

But what can be her excuse?  Now she would have to say that she didn't know about it and that somebody else must've put it in her trunk.  Who can that be?  Assuming that HaNui is in the hospital and unconscious, she may be the only one that JE can use as an alibi right now.   So maybe JE will say that HN had borrowed her car the previous day to go to her mom's shop.  JE can say that HN must've picked it up to give JE to take home, and must've forgotten to tell JE because she got distracted with the kidnapping of YR right after returning the car in the evening.... How about that?  Am I getting close to the devious mind of this writer?

• Like 5

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 111

Hwang and her Mother leave the jail after their meeting with Fake Daughter but there is no spring in their step.

Hwang’s Mother assures her Daughter that she will take care of everything.  Hasn’t she always?

Fake Daughter, free once more, joins the two women.  Hwang’s Mother sends her Daughter back to work.

Fake Daughter needles Hwang’s Mother before strutting off.

Lee is back at the Side Dish Shop, washing dishes this time.

Unseen from the hallway, Kang’s Sister overhears her  Mother telling Lee where he can go after he finishes washing the dishes.

Kang’s Sister returns home and tells Kang about Lee’s unappreciated apprenticeship.

Yoon and Park Sr. tell Kang’s Mother that she can move into their larger apartment after they relocate.

Hwang has a nightmare in which Kang wants her marble back.

Hwang’s Mother enters Yoon’s office and discovers the photograph of her and Fake Detective.

Lee’s Sister orders Fake Daughter to do something.  Fake Daughter tells her to do it herself.  Hwang’s Mother tells Lee’s Sister to do as Fake Daughter says.

Park Sr.  shows Dawg a bunch of flyers they have printed up to assist in their search for Yoon’s missing daughter.    It contains a prominent photo of Kang as a young girl.

Hwang has coffee with Park and claims to not remember the details of her nightmare.  When his Father texts a copy of his flyer to him, he shows it to her.

Hwang’s Mother meets another thug in a restaurant and hands him  a money envelope.

Yoon busts her Sister for her duplicity with Fake Detective, then listens with disgust to her obvious lies.  The fiddler plays on but for Hwang’s Mother the jig is pretty much up.

Lee asks Kang to give him more time to work things out with her Mother.

Park Sr. returns to his shop and discovers that someone has stolen all of his flyers.

Halmoni accuses Park Sr. of lying about printing the flyers.  Because who would want  to steal them?

Kang tells her Mother to just ignore Lee, since she has broken up with him.

When Lee returns home, his Father does the sniff test and concludes that HE STAYED AWAY FROM THE Side Dish Store.

Park cleans out Hwang’s car and discovers his Father’s missing flyers in the trunk.

Lee’s Father visits the Side Dish Store and pitches reconciliation.

A detective gives Yoon photos of her Sister’s latest questionable coffee date.

Fake Daughter bickers with Lee’s Sister and Hwang’s Mother.

As Kang is about to meet Fake Daughter on the sidewalk after work, she sees two thugs pull up in an SUV and drive off with Fake Daughter.

Kang hops into a cab and is like, Follow that car!

Kang follows the thugs to a parking garage.  When one of them tosses Kang’s cell phone away, she goes Bruce Lee on their richardsimmonses.

Kang is knocked unconscious.  The thugs flee from the parking garage, leaving Kang and Fake Sister alone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, selen4ever said:

@mamanijared

Those are lovely photos. The casting director for this drama really did a good job cause they actually look like mother and daughter. And SH/JH look like sisters.:)

Also the ring is back...

@selen4ever, yeah! The RING is back?

How did it happen? Has HN recovered from the knock?

Tomorrow please come faster?:blush:

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, jimb said:

she goes Bruce Lee on their richardsimmonses.

Haha.  "richardsimmonses"...  You knew soompi would change the word for human posterior, and preempted it :)

By the way, soompi has all along (for over a decade) had that filter that makes all bad words change into "Richard Simmons".   I have always wondered how soompi was getting away with it.   It is a pretty sad thing to do to the actual man -- a legendary and quirky American fitness guru till some 20 years ago, for anybody who happens not to know.  I'm surprised that he hasn't sued soompi!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

there is something I don't understand, did SH pay the thugs to kill YR or just kidnap her?

And if the thugs had to kill YR and they hit HN instead, why did they run away? I mean they still could either kidnap YR or kill her. 

This puzzles me really

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, jayakris said:

Ah, right.  I forgot about that scene in the preview.  Most probably he is setting himself up to be duped again by the lying-cheating lowlife.  On the other hand, if he had asked right away in the morning when he found it, it could have been easier for her to lie that she had just found it outside the house earlier in the morning and had put it in the trunk, but was going to tell him later because she was in a rush to go the morning broadcast.  But now he knows that she has not told anybody about it even by night time, it may be tougher to lie.  Still, we should expect that she will come up with something.

But what can be her excuse?  Now she would have to say that she didn't know about it and that somebody else must've put it in her trunk.  Who can that be?  Assuming that HaNui is in the hospital and unconscious, she may be the only one that JE can use as an alibi right now.   So maybe JE will say that HN had borrowed her car the previous day to go to her mom's shop.  She can say that HN must've picked it up to give JE to take home, and must've forgotten to tell JE because she got distracted with the kidnapping of YR right after returning the car in the evening.... How about that?  Am I getting close to the devious mind of this writer?

We all expect JE to tell another lie but I don't think it will be HN she forms this lie on. The main person she needs to be seen as a bad person would be YR. As usual JE will make DG feel bad and he'll end of apologizing to the witch. 

• Like 3

On 10/20/2018 at 8:41 AM, jayakris said:

I found this a little odd.  JH's PI had said that he would be tailing the kidnapper guy, but it doesn't seem like the PI was doing his job, because HN was the only one who tailed the kidnappers.   Things are not too clear to me though.  It seemed like the guy SH paid was the leader of the kidnappers -- but he was not in the van.  The 2 thugs took YR to him at the shady place.  I could not say for sure that the face looked the same, but I suppose it was the same guy SH met.  In that case, maybe the tail was watching only him, and not any thugs he had ordered to kidnap YR.  So the PI or his guy should be somewhere around to help HN and YR out of that place.  It is strange that they wouldn't interfere or call the police when they saw two women being attacked by thugs.  Or maybe the police does show up when the episode starts.

I went back and checked the scenes, and I was wrong in what I said there.  All three guys, including the kidnapping leader who seems to e the guy that SH paid, were in the van.  So, it doesn't look like the PI guy was tailing him.   Or the tail was at a distance and did not come to the scene when HN arrived in the taxi and ran over there.  The tail could have still called the police in though.

• Like 3