Quantcast
DreamCatcher2011

[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

I just finished watching this drama. The confrontation between father and son was so intense. I was scared that the writer was gonna surprise us and have NW injured badly and there'll be like another hospital scene of him but thank goodness it didn't happen. I feel bad that HM have to serve time again but this time he's admitting to all his crimes and taking responsibility and now he knows that he has a family waiting for him when he resturns. 

I also like the little cute scene between MW and LYJ. Why didn't the writer made theme have more scenes together in the beginning? I would of rooted for them. Sadly, they only have a few scenes together towards the end but I did enjoy their little quarrel at MW's office. Just shows that MW can't win against her. :wub:

I love all the lovey dovey scenes of NM and NW. I especially got teary eyed when they met their 16 yr old self. Now I finally understand what the title of the drama meant. It's in fact towards their ownself after what both have gone through and letting go of their pain to finally feel love and happiness. I love the message at the end and I'm happy that they got their happiness because they both deserve it. I'm sad that the drama ended but I am proud to all the actors and actresses in this drama for delivering their role so well. I'm going to miss NM and NW.

• Like 7

So many times I have said this: I love all the cast, the crew and espcially the OTP

Even it's quite scary with Yoon Hee Jae's scences, I re-watched from ep1 to ep30 two times ... :)) Saving ep 31-32 for tonight :)) Save the best for last :P

• Like 5

I really liked the ending, although I wished that the bad cop had been reprimanded for his wrongdoing. YHJ had the biggest punishment. He lost not only his "fans" and his son HM, but also his reputation as strong serial killer. He became a weak monster forgotten by everyone. It was great to see that he received an article about his victims (his son included) which showed him that he never deserved the attention in the first place like PYH did, rather the victims. It was like another slap in the face...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I was suprised by so many things in this drama, but it was well overdue for being made.  Korean drama's or movies emphasize the family taking responsibility for one persons crimes.  Now I dont know if this happens in the culture itself as I am not familiar with it, but there is a hearbreaking down side to it.

I noticed it in alot of dramas and thought "it's not your fault why are you taking blame" really frustrated like.  Then it blew up at me in Mad Dog in episode 14 the conflict do i take the blame as i am part of the family or do i not because its not my fault, more than anyone else hating him, he hated himself more being in that position.

This drama totally emphasises that point, the brother prosecutor wasnt wrong in trying to protect her.  But at what point and where is the line of responsibility when you didnt do it yourself but have the guilt that your family did, matched with society blaming and cursing at you for it.

Very well done drama and the best part for me was the male lead who when angry at the end had a bit of the psycho in him, which was fun to see

• Like 7

More from wrap up party 

This drama really show cased some amazing young actors 

They really had the casting done right 

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Awww… I’m fully satisfied with the ending. It’s not every day we can get something like this from dramaland. Finally, option one wins!! Happy ending yay!!! I feel like all my heartache for weeks got healed drastically. It’s like we finally get through the storm and see a warm breeze and a bright sunlight shines again. 

Now, since I couldn’t come around as before here, but today, I think I have to let it all out. So bear with me cause I’m going to gush very long. Xixixxi

The story,
It is such an epic conclusion that the writer finally brings back all the things left unresolved together and set them right to its rightful place. Even there was a time it feels quite draggy on some episodes, but with how all the things get explained even the details from the beginning makes the ending much more meaningful. it is not just about the romance but it did tell how people heal through their suffering and on top of that this drama successfully teach us a very good lesson about living our life properly, righteously and with dignity. A good quality ending perfects it all. 

The acting, the directing
It’s all an A from me, who am I, a devoted kdrama viewers, haha. I see the cast team act their parts so well like this. They make me sympathize with them, hate them and cry with them. Especially for JKJ and JKY, even this is the first main role for them, but the two did it incredibly good. They’re not just relied on their pretty looks but they did prove it with their good performance. I wish to see more of them with more project in the future, go find more good script and be the main role for that. 

The ending
I’m sorry if I spoil you with the ending, I love the way they embrace their younger self each other. I find it very pretty touching to see how they comfort their weary and hurting soul, and let all their guilt, free themselves from their atonement prison, and comes for a peaceful term. 

Last but not least, I love the OTP so much!!! Gosh… they flutter my heart with their smiles , staring eyes and blooming love. Their chemistry is superb! I’m grinning from ear to ear. I will rewatch this drama more and more. Sighhhhh… feeling sad that no newer eps next week, SOBSSS. Can they give us a sequel, to see how their life goes on, the OTP gets married, Prosecutor oppa gets to date with that spunky pretty detective. There’s a lot to tell again, anything can be. 

Guys, so should we proceed with the DP punishment, I see they bless us with lots of hugs, kisses and bed scene, ommmo…. Hahaha. I feel like celebrating this joy with you all, like how France celebrates the victory, here I’m feeling so happy with the ending.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Posted by NDR ‘s mum

My final post. What an emotional ride this has been. A very tragic back story but a healing & beautiful end. MBC in my opinion made a great & Unique drama out of this one . The OTP both the younger & adult versions were very well matched. But it was the supporting characters that i came to love even more . HM , MW , Mum , SJ , cop Ahjussi ( sniff ) . It always felt like it was their love that trumped the evil in the end . I have not cried so much on a drama. Though there were moments where the staring contest got a bit too much :D , the story was overall well executed. Thanks to all of you for keeping me sane & helping me laugh along the way . Till the next one ....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Okay before anything else — I love the idea that the writernim gave away of brother prosector and pretty investigator potential lovestory.  These two both love one sided each of the main OTP without them saying their heart upfront. They just continually support the main OTP.  They both worry to death more than anyone else actually and their last banter was so cute and I want to see them in future :) hahahaha.

Overall come and hug me is a long healing drama.  The mother who is actually not the mother and sister of the two Gil brothers both made a home to be returned by these young men so they will not be “monsters.” It was heartbreaking yet powerful stance of a true family. The brother prosecutor & the manager for Jae Yi and supportive police academy family for Nak Won also won my heart.  

But what satisfied me the monster was finally “demonster” because he cannot handle his weakness but atleast he didn’t die immediately. If he was killed I will not feel the healing and feel devasted/disappointed to writernim! This is not a norm not to kill the monster so I am so satisfied. The monster must not die immediately. 

But I would like to commend @Heo Joon Ho for the “monster” acting. I don’t know if you will not have trauma in doing this killer monster character.  You nailed a psychopath acting! Your acting has done good justice to a versatile actor.  I watched you from Jumong to Ruler of the Mask and now here! I will always remember you as the loyal guard of Jumong! You were a greedy political person in ruler of the mask but you nailed it more here in Come and Hug me! Amazing! 

@stargazer187 my wordings in sharing my emotions is not as good as yours so I will just second every detail because that’s also exactly what I feel too. Pardon my thoughts above everyone hahaha! 

• Like 7

Stalker boy Hong Seung Bum, I don't know much about him but since the drama ended I've been lurking on Instagram to find more pictures and tags of the after party and came across his Instagram. I'm just wondering if he studied English or if he's from the US? His English writing is pretty good. He did a good job playing his character. Best of luck to him in his next project. Hopefully he'll play a good guy this time.

• Like 3

Finally watched last episode. those episode was dark, but what a nice ending. the last 30 min was like balsam after all the suffering this character had to go true. monster got his dark and lonely prison life. serve him right. I am happy NM never killed anyone. thank god he had his anchor in NW and family, words and heart that guided him away from destruction! OTP was one of the best thing in the drama, their trust in each other and the way they manage to heal each other was amazing to see :wub: show how people can make a different in each others life. 

I really love this drama as a whole. I know it could be slow, but to me it gave character time to breath and gave time to explain their motive and action. actually i never felt a dull moment even with the pace. also to me this drama also gave food for thought about what make a person evil and what choice you make in life can turn the outcome around. To me the drama want to tell that you can make an active choice in your life, and your are not stuck in how your family was to you, you can be different from your parents. you are you! Also that family do not need to be blood related to be considered family.   

last i want to say thank you to you guys for watching it together and talking about it :D 

• Like 5

Hello to all!

well...I have been silently lurking around here...loving all the posts and comments on the drama! Not silent anymore...wanted to join the voices of praise here because like most I didn't expect much from the drama too! With the change cast news etc. I thought the storyline must be bad! Well...I was wrong! And every episode gripped me more and more! It is by far one of the most beautiful drama I've seen...despite being a little scary! Hahaha! And may I say I am glad that the first choices to lead the drama didn't push through..because I'm sorry to say that they would not have done the characters justice! Part of the reasons why the drama worked were because the actors were all good! And JKY is a revelation!

Once more...it was one superb ride! And I will be happy to rewatch this drama again and again!

• Like 4

I want to tell a lot about this drama but my written english wasn't good enough to express my thought :bawling:

"Come and hug me" made me change my thought about melodramas. I watched 2 or 3 melodramas but dropped  it after a couple of eps because it made me felt like the writers intended to create a tragic story, just to take tears of viewers, than to create a meaning story. "Come and hug me" was different. Actually, I didn't cry a lot when watching this drama. And instead of making me feel sad or depressed, it on the contrary inspired me to live strongly, righteous. Because no matter how bad circumstance we had, how we live is always our choice. I was so proud of our Na Moo, Nak Won, Huyn Moo, Moo Won....to become good people after all the terrible things they had to suffer.

And I changed my mind about my perfect ending. The scene Na Moo and Nak Won hugged younger themselves is really perfect and meaning. So, "Come and hug me" is come and hug yourself, comfort yourself for all the things you have been through and be happy from now on because you deserve it.

This drama had so many hug scenes and all of them looked very warm and I really liked to be hugged like that  :love:                                                                                                                                                                                                       

• Like 6

Jang Ki Yong (장기용) - 낙원의 나무 (Come and Hug Me Special Track)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

His voice is so beautiful. I hope they release the VA OST soon. I miss this drama so much that I rewatch some of my fav. scenes. 

• Like 1

JKY voice is nice! The song is also great. I love it. 

@Lmangla @supergal99 where r you now? I'm coming back so late huh. What r you guys watching now? Join me watching 30 but still 17!! :D I saw usafarmgirl there already you guys have to tried this. It gives you good laughs. 

As what everyone most feel, I agree that this drama is really well made. And I hope MBC will make more good quality dramas with different story and genres. Feeling empty for not having C&HM this Wednesday. Sighh 

• Like 2

This is MV for Special Track. Our hottie can sing. I like his voice :love:  Waiting for the lyric :)

I thought I was the only one who stayed around here :( I wish I joined with you sooner so we could talk more about this drama.

There are so many new k-dramas aired every week. Normally, I will choose the drama to watch based on the writer. Yep, I have three favourite writers who I will definitely watch their works :D  Also, I have some actor and actress I loved. So maybe I could watch if the drama cast them.

But "Come and hug me" is my exception. I didn't know the write's name. I didn't know the whole cast either :lol: The reason why I chose to watch this drama is the name :lol: It sounds really warm and touching. And it was the thing I really need at the moment.So I gave it a try and I really liked it :wub:  This drama was just the second screenplay of the writer. But it was pretty good. Maybe I will watch her new work next time :D 

• Like 3

@stargazer187 ~ been rather busy that I haven't even caught on last week of come hug me.. just watching a daily called "am a mother too" and "let me introduce her". ... anyways, chingus, do put in your nominations for our next event.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@stargazer187 ~ been rather busy that I haven't even caught on last week of come hug me.. just watching a daily called "am a mother too" and "let me introduce her". ... anyways, chingus, do put in your nominations for our next event.

Oh.. I'm watching LMIH you know! :lol: At first I was hesitated cause I thought this would be a typical 50 or 100 hours makjang weekend drama. But well, it is not as bad as what I thought. I enjoyed the storyline and its conflict. Plus there are two hot oppas in there, bwahaha. So, I'm in! 

Nomination? What nomination? Let me check it out later. 

• LOL 2

JANG KI YONG – PARADISE TREE (낙원의 나무) COME AND HUG ME OST SPECIAL TRACK

You’re so dazzling and beautiful
Just looking at you makes me happy
My feelings are too big
For me to just pass you by

Spoiler

My greedy love for you
Only gave you a big scar
That can’t be erased
But still you believed in me

If you shed tears, I’ll quietly hug you
If you’re struggling, I’ll be by your side
Like that tree over the hill
I’ll always protect you
Always lean on me

You always smiled so bright
But then I made you cry
In all those tears during all those days
I only drew you out

If you shed tears, I’ll quietly hug you
If you’re struggling, I’ll be by your side
Like that tree over the hill
I’ll always protect you
When things are hard, always lean on me

Will you tell me everything? I’ll listen to it all
I’ll wipe away all your pain
I’ll make you happy as much as the tears you shed
I’ll be your paradise
I’ll only look at you every day

POPGASA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@plappi   Thank you for the lyric :) It's a perfect match for our OTP love story :kiss_wink:

In the last eps, Nak Won said that she couldn't even cry for missing her parents as much as she wanted because she didn't want to make Na Woo feel guilty. And Na Moo said he had been always waiting for her to cry in front of him. It made me feel emotional. I wish I had a relationship like them :D I mean the sharing, comforting, supporting, protecting things; not the tragic parts :lol:  But if their love story were not so tragic, then maybe, it would be not so beautiful :wub:

• Like 3