Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

I got on-off connection but...

1. they had a sort of date at the river where they watched a musical fountain show (and WJ was conned into buying the plastic to lay on the ground by an ajusshi - becasue he mentioned that SR was his (WJ) girlfriend - and SR had the cutest reaction (which you have to watch!)

2. Chan and his crush on SR - he was unhappy that SR called him a baby and kept thinking about age difference and stuff. He was happy when a little boy called him ajusshi but then his hopes were dashed when a lady stopped him and SR while they were walking and called her his noona and when he denied, she suggested SR was his imo (aunt) LOL. Chan and his friends are frantically training hard and even Jennifer has joined in by preparing their nutritious meals.

3. Jennifer is back at her part time work at the doctor's place and he remembered the mismatched house shoes but didn't ask Jennifer about her replacement the other day (UGHH--- well at least he appeared once in the episode). Another near miss as it rained while Jennifer was leaving his place and SR came running over with an umbrella to give her. However, doctor had passed an umbrella to Jennifer AND WALKED AWAY ! - THEY MISSED EACH OTHER BY INCHES!. We also learn about Jennifer and how she has all this knowledge. I think she went to the library and read and read and kept reading after the accident.

4. There was a whole arc about the music festival when WJ overheard the tall guy (not sure of his name but he was part of the music team - not the music professor) saying something which prompted WJ to tell SR to not participate in the festival and CEO not to go ahead with the staging. I think something sneaky was happening here with the music show.  So we see WJ upset, SR upset (because her dream of performing will not be realised) and WJ refused to tell CEO or SR why he made the demand.

5. We end with SR finding out the truth (which I don't know what it is) and she confronts WJ at the office. And somehow I think he confesses to her?( I heard the word, woman (yoja), like (joah) in the same sentence and there was a shocked look on SR's face)

Preview :

Seems like SR is still upset, WJ is upset

More about the festival and it looks like she gets to perform (?)

And they were sitting on the stage and inching to a kiss.

It also looks like Chan has an ankle problem but he is pushing ahead with the competition (I feel that there is something bad that is going to happen)

Sorry! This is as much as I can remember.

The must watch scene is the date at the river scene and the moment at the playground as they sheltered from the rain.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

oMO! Just as I was bemoaning the pace of this drama, FINALLY we get progression in the very last few seconds!

Spoiler

Alas he confesses his feelings to Seori! Seori's accident and past 13 years lying in a hospital bed, thus being unable to progress further with her musical career despite being a genius is about to be made public in the news, so as to attract people to the musical, which our dear hero discovers after overhearing a conversion. In an attempt to stop her 'weakness' aka sad past from being a selling point for the musical, he tells her to stop practicing for the performance and quit the musical (all brusque and with no explanation whatsoever, so she thinks he is upset with her using work hours to practice).

Seori later discovers the reason and whilst her pride is clearly hurt, she questions him in tears why, and in what position is he to stop her from performing when she could not care less about her unfortunate 13 years being made the selling point. I mean, she says, (my understanding of what she says in a gist) ''if I don't care, if this is my opportunity to perform again, what does it matter how they sell my story to attract festival goers?"

And of course he goes, "I do not want the person I like, NO, the GIRL I like to be hurt!" 

KYAHHH!!!!

NOW we are finally moving on! Full steam ahead OTP!

p.s. Hello all, just a lurker who has fallen in love with this slightly frustrating slow-paced drama but sticking with it for our adorably matching otp :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Desperately need to know what happens with the festival...and SR.

Credit to the owner.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

YES! KHT showed up in todays episode and in the preview SR takes his name as KTH-teacher? (I may be wrong about what she called him) but I am so happy he was finally shown. :D

What exactly was the director planning that WJ didn't want SR to perform...:mellow: Was he under orders from KTR's mom or something? He has been quiet dismissive about the classical performances.

Our only hope in understanding the episode:

https://www.dramamilk.com/still-17-kdrama-live-recap-episode-21-and-22/

:lol: DM, the savior.

Edit: We got another savior, @Dramanoona, Thank you for explaining just what in the world was going on.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Thank you @dftio ! I was dying to find out what the heck was going on that made WJ explode like that.

Let's just hope I understood that musical organiser phone conversion and all that back and forth with the newspaper reporter, Woojin/organiser heated conversions correctly with my limited korean! Ha!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

YES! KHT showed up in todays episode and in the preview SR takes his name as KTH-teacher? (I may be wrong about what she called him) but I am so happy he was finally shown. :D

What exactly was the director planning that WJ didn't want SR to perform...:mellow: Was he under orders from KTR's mom or something? He has been quiet dismissive about the classical performances.

Our only hope in understanding the episode:

https://www.dramamilk.com/still-17-kdrama-live-recap-episode-21-and-22/

:lol: DM, the savior.

The director was going to make use of her weakness/13 years in hospital because of an accident that hindered on her musical career progression to tug on people's heartstrings and attract an audience. But that clearly is a stab at her pride and takes away the focus on how well she plays.

I guess WJ also did not want her past to be out in the news for all to know, I mean, its different if she reveals it herself, but definitely should not be the selling point of the music festival.

Hence, his strong protest against her performing, and which also explains why she is in tears after realizing that the organizer is making use of her past and not her and the orchestra's actual skills to boost ticket sales.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Hmm... after staring for endless episodes, and a little hand holding this episode. I don't know if I am optimistic enough that they will actually kiss. Most likely a mosquito or moth or human will stop the kiss from happening. :D

Just now, dftio said:

The director was going to make use of her weakness/13 years in hospital because of an accident that hindered on her musical career progression to tug on people's heartstrings and attract an audience. But that clearly is a stab at her pride and takes away the focus on how well she plays.

I guess WJ also did not want her past to be out in the news for all to know, I mean, its different if she reveals it herself, but definitely should not be the selling point of the music festival.

Hence, his strong protest against her performing, and which also explains why she is in tears after realizing that the organizer is making use of her past and not her and the orchestra's actual skills to boost ticket sales.

I think if her past was published, we are going to get the ball rolling. Doctor friend will definitely find out where she is and what about her aunt and uncle too. A naughty part of me is looking forward to more of WJ's type of jealousy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Just now, dftio said:

Thank you!  That's horrible. :( No wonder both of them are heartbroken about it. But looks like the problem will be solved tomorrow and SR will still perform?

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Doctor... :) in this context.  (Both are correct)

Finally, he has been found.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Not very fluent in Korean either, but definitely caught the below, so I'll add to it:

Spoiler

• Woo Jin's visit to the psychologist (funnily both played psychos before, LOL) and told him he likes Seo Ri, but he'll take when I thought you guys are going to cry coz of what he said....

• That wait obviously went out the window at the end when they fought. His confession is actually a bit stronger too. From what I understand, it was "I dislike it. The person that I like, NO, the woman that I like getting hurt; I hate it. (I) hate it more than death."

---

My fear for Yoo Chan (of him overexerting and hurting himself before the competition) has come true. Sighhhh. I didn't mind him getting a crush on Seo Ri and get his heart broken in how normal people got their hearts broken, but I definitely do not want him to be crushed (x2) at the cost of his rowing dream. Though I don't think this writer is this cruel to take that dream away from him.

@sunshine92 The translated video is not in English.

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for the updates!

I’m trying to avoid spoilers, I want to watch it with subs later today. I only watched the preview and if they’re going to kiss, it’s probably going to be only a peck. Look at all the space between them, that’s not exactly the perfect position for smooches :D

nHWKuVB.jpg

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Yongzura said:

Doctor... :)

Finally, he has been found.

Yes - he is still alife - nice to know - but I was honestly frustrated when they missed again by one second. How long will they play that game with us... hmpf

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Thank you!  That's horrible. :( No wonder both of them are heartbroken about it. But looks like the problem will be solved tomorrow and SR will still perform?

I feel like she will choose not to judging by the previews.

Initially, she insists in tears to WJ that she will perform regardless of what happens. But then we see her sitting down with her teacher and thanking him for the opportunity he had presented to her.

Then we see Kim Tae Rin telling her (at the festival) that the final decision to perform or not lies with SR.

In the end, WJ tells her that it was a good dream nonetheless.

I think, as much as this was the perfect opportunity for her to debut as a violinist since coming out of her coma, given her character (just like how she insisted on paying for the repairs of her violin with her own hard earned money), she would want to make a comeback via the right channels, and not through "pity votes" if that makes sense.

And honestly, that would make it too easy for SR won't it? Performs again, achieves recognition, gets to her peak again-- that would all make the story end too early for our writer! Obviously this is more like a prelude of what greater stages she can conquer or perform at a later stage, given this push to pick up at practice hard with her violin again.

I reckon it will be more like the finale, to give a tearful, heartwarming and satisfying ending for our heroine and the drama once all our other mysteries have been resolved.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Not very fluent in Korean either, but definitely caught the below, so I'll add to it:

Hide contents

• Woo Jin's visit to the psychologist (funnily both played psychos before, LOL) and told him he likes Seo Ri, but he'll take it slow and wait for her. Just went I thought you guys are going to cry coz of what he said....

Haha...I was wondering who else might have noticed him from Tunnel when I first saw him appearing in the show :D

And yes, when I rewatched the last bit, although there were parts I can't understand, I definitely caught the part about "the person I like, no, the WOMAN I like"...very intentional that his "like" is that from a man towards a woman, and there's nothing platonic about it...woah!

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

OMO..did SR like WJ back or just notice him when they were kids?

From Dramamilk:

Spoiler

He is so happy so he walks away and pets a little dog. Seori is also a bit flattered even though she practices saying that she is not his girlfriend. She looks at him pet the dog and then tells him that he looks pretty. He still looks like he is minimalistic, but not minimalistic in his heart. He tells her it is all because of her.

Woojin goes to pour some water in a plant as Seori sits on a blanket. But she remembers him in the past! She remembers him pouring water in a plant when they were teenagers.

he comes back to the blanket looking at him differently, he asks her what it is so she tells him that he reminds her of someone. But she remembers Chan telling her that his uncle went to Germany in high school, so she thinks he can’t be that guy. She tells him never mind and goes about enjoying their time at the Han River.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling that WJ is the type of guy who would barrel ahead once he is sure of himself.

I am glad he is opening up and has found someone to confide in (SR) -

At least we have an episode tomorrow! YAY!

This is the frustrating part when you hold your breath thinking something will be revealed, then give a big exhalation because nope, they stopped asking.

I think that she probably did notice him and liked him - now will someone drag that Pororo tube out of WJ's room - Deok Gu!

@YourHighness .

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

I am officially frustrated with how nothing is unraveled!!! I Will keep watching, but I am  so annoyed about the so many almost somethings amounting to nothing! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

I want her past to be revelaed it will be sad but doctor,aunt and uncle will find her. 

I think the kiss will be stopped sadly..

1 hour ago, chubbz said:

Haha...I was wondering who else might have noticed him from Tunnel when I first saw him appearing in the show :D

And yes, when I rewatched the last bit, although there were parts I can't understand, I definitely caught the part about "the person I like, no, the WOMAN I like"...very intentional that his "like" is that from a man towards a woman, and there's nothing platonic about it...woah!

whose from tunnel? 

Reveal hidden contents

• Woo Jin's visit to the psychologist (funnily both played psychos before, LOL) and told him he likes Seo Ri, but he'll take when I thought you guys are going to cry coz of what he said....

• That wait obviously went out the window at the end when they fought. His confession is actually a bit stronger too. From what I understand, it was "I dislike it. The person that I like, NO, the woman that I like getting hurt; I hate it. (I) hate it more than death."

---

My fear for Yoo Chan (of him overexerting and hurting himself before the competition) has come true. Sighhhh. I didn't mind him getting a crush on Seo Ri and get his heart broken in how normal people got their hearts broken, but I definitely do not want him to be crushed (x2) at the cost of his rowing dream. Though I don't think this writer is this cruel to take that dream away from him.

@sunshine92 The translated video is not in English.

Who played psycho's before? 

• Like 5