Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

This clip was just 100% pure feel good every millisecond. And I didn't even mind the product placement - shoot, I might go buy a Note 9 for this remote shutter feature. :w00t: Jennifer's fleeting smile was just perfectly done, as was Woo-Jin's child-like smiles that betray his youthful self with each passing episode.:love: It was pure love!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

EDIT: But gasp! why is young man Chan giving the middle finger?? Passive aggressive show of jealous rage at his uncle? :naughty:

He's the kindest soul.  The other finger was hidden.... it's the peace sign... he he.. let's see if we can find the other pictures (well it's in the video)B)

Oh Note 9... no wonder ha ha... 

p.s As for the other interesting questions.... hmmm... I'll come back ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Do you think SBS will release this still? I need this moment in HD for reasons B) I think the PD is in love with YSJ’s face because he keeps framing his face like this :lol: 

CE120_D06-9271-44_E2-8126-_BCFC7976_C5_D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

That big smile as he sees her and runs to her. The near-kisses (I swear who wouldn't react to YSJ in such close proximity). And I love how it is more WJ who realises his feelings first. SR is more or less still an awkward teenager so she doesn't fully understand the feeling (I mean, sexual tension explained to a 17 year old?)

I think I will be gifing a lot of his smiling face.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I have to gush about 30 but 17 a little. I haven’t enjoyed a rom-com like this in ages! I used to love rom-coms (been watching k-dramas since 2009) but I’ve been watching mostly OCN dramas lately. Like 80 % of all dramas I’ve watched in past two years are thrillers, human dramas, investigation or legal shows (My Ahjussi, Misaeng, Forest of Secrets, Signal, Circle, Duel, Tunnel, Save Me, Life on Mars, Black, etc.).

0_B07_C8_E4-4012-43_D2-9_C03-170164_C951

The only drama that has potential to make my heart melt is “30 but 17” but I’m soooo afraid they’re going to mess up the second half. I actually didn’t like this writer’s previous drama She Was Pretty that much, so I’m genuinely surprised 30b17 works so well for me. I haven’t felt like this for a long time. I don’t know what exactly it is that makes me feel so warm and cozy while watching these beloved characters interact. If I were to compared it to recent Why Secretary Kim the funny thing is that despite PSJ and PMY’s sizzling chemistry I couldn’t connect to them emotionally. I enjoyed their skinships but when he told her he loved her I didn’t feel a thing. But 30b17 managed to make me feel like I was back in my teens and experiencing the first time I was infatuated with a boy. The build up to the last scene of episode 17-18 made my heart flutter. The music was beautiful, the way SHS played an insecure teenage girl who didn’t really know how to react at that moment, the way YSJ came to realise his attraction and wanted to act on it... 

Even when I knew they wouldn’t kiss I felt my heart beating loudly. Drama gods, please don’t ruin this drama for me! Let it be good till the end!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

WJ: I won´t dissapear. Ever
Me: Oh you better keep that in your mind... Spare us from stupid or tragic seperation parts later. Better hold on to your promise!!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

I just finished the lastest episode! Oh my!!! My heart is just going crescendo all the time! I knew it that it was earphone her gift! I’m so happy and I’m restley jumping in my couch while watching the whole episode! That awkward moments of being alone with each other really affected me it’s just like in the one in SR’s shoes! :wub:

WJ is just being adorable like his cute nephew! Hahaha! It runs in their family noh? So cute! I’m excited to see how it will work out for the 30 year old man and 17 year old girl to have a relationship for the first time? Hahaha so excited! Just imagine how they missed each other for not seeing just a day? WJ feels it’s like forever, I can imagine that he wear heart on his sleeves when he is in love! Hahaha! So many thing to spazz like sewing the shirt, meeting in the foot brigde, the surprise hug, the I miss you part and the best of course Is the moth part:wub: I just can’t! I’m out of breath while watching them! Hahaha! I love them soooo much!!! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, aisling said:

That’s a k-drama law! If they’re not ending the episode with a kiss, they’re not going through with it. This PD is trolling us so much :D My bet is on Seo Ri breaking their embrace and running off to her bedroom

In case you get me wrong, I have mentioned before I love how the writer slowly, carefully but meticulously pace and build-up their relationship so I'm not in any hurry to see their kiss. I'm just amused at the pd's pattern of filming and how i can already understand and predict what's going to happen whenever he zooms and pan in on a staring game:P

10 hours ago, aisling said:

The perfect scenario would be for her to make that move - she would be the one to initiate their kiss when she’ ready for it.

Yes you said it spot on! I'm all for her to initiate when she has come to terms on her love for him. Through the many staring games scenarios, WJ is always the one feeling the heat and getting all embarrassed. Though SR also always feel red and flushed after thinking about their close contact. I can feel the difference of reaction between the two. Which leads me once again to gush about their awesome acting. Their chemistry is also making us go all oooh and ahhh and making our hearts flutter even though there is no kiss.

I'm waiting to catch the subbed episode tonight before I further comment :D

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I have to gush about 30 but 17 a little.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

funny thing is that despite PSJ and PMY’s sizzling chemistry I couldn’t connect to them emotionally. I enjoyed their skinships but when he told her he loved her I didn’t feel a thing. But 30b17 managed to make me feel like I was back in my teens and experiencing the first time I was infatuated with a boy.

Such candid confessions gushing from @aisling :sweatingbullets: This is becoz vast majority of us were awkward teenagers too and we can remember ourselves in Woo-Jin and Seo-Ri's shoes much easier than in the glamorous Chaebol boss dating scenarios, I think. For me the first 6 eps were quite slow going, but it's getting better and better since Ep 7. It's coming together very nicely, and I am not at all worried that it will fizzle out in the second half. Next Tuesday we'll barely be half way!

And I wasn't a fan of YSJ before, but he's really starting to turn it on, and I get what all the fuss was about - the contrast from the pervy abominable snowman to now is quite dramatic. I think he's already smiling more here than in other recent serious roles, no? I think it's good for his development as an actor to do this role too, to show his range.

On watching this preview again,  I was thrilled when Woo-Jin catches her from behind as Seo-Ri started bouncing up and down again from violin playing, day-dreaming while humming songs in her head mindlessly and then had to be rescued from harming herself, just like in Ep 1 from 13 years ago. The writer is going to torture us with all these little hints, which Woo-Jin doesn't seem to get yet. :scream::love:

• Like 13

So after watching the latest episode, I come to the conclusion that the lady in yellow clothes (later pink) must be her sister-in-law. My theory was that Jennifer lost her husband in the bus accident and due the loss, she also lost her child (miscarriage). I guess, the sister-in-law must have resented her for the miscarriage as she had the impression that her "brother" had been hurt a second time. In the end, Jennifer was rejected by her family-in-law... which would explain why she has no real home and act like a robot. She avoids any attachment with her job.

So the aunt has become a flower shop owner and has her own child. In my opinion, her husband could have died .... remember the time gap between the accident and the selling of the house: 2 years. I guess, the wife could have sold the house and with that money, she could open a flower shop. When the little boy got into the accident, the ahjumma said that she would call the mother. She never mentioned the husband, therefore I believe that the husband is dead. 

What caught my attention is SR's words: she had this feeling that she had already met HJ, WJ's sister. So in my opinion, she could have met her before the bus accident... maybe when she lost her own parents. We shouldn't forget that HJ is a doctor. She could have worked at a hospital before... 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Even when I knew they wouldn’t kiss I felt my heart beating loudly. Drama gods, please don’t ruin this drama for me! Let it be good till the end!

and i thought i am the only one having that racing heartbeat reaction to that scene... i had hot flashes on cheeks.... this is the drama making us feel so much just by giving these many close skinships..

what will happen when we get to real kiss ??

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Am I the only one who noticed the parallel? Chan's "...telling me to hang up"...:lol:

nkDyAkX.gif

21PpUEE.gif

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

On watching this preview again,  I was thrilled when Woo-Jin catches her from behind as Seo-Ri started bouncing up and down again from violin playing, day-dreaming while humming songs in her head mindlessly and then had to be rescued from harming herself, just like in Ep 1 from 13 years ago. The writer is going to torture us with all these little hints, which Woo-Jin doesn't seem to get yet. :scream::love:

I was thinking, that friend she mentioned who used to tell her that she will injure herself one day, is No Soo Mi. I recall a scene where SR nearly walked into some wet cement on the way to school and NSM was the one who called out to her, effectively stopping her from tripping. Then she went on to remind SR not to let the Music school knows she is so blur, lest they do not accept her. Then KHT came by to declare his love and proposed to SR, telling her how he will learn German and go Germany with her to take care of her.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

What caught my attention is SR's words: she had this feeling that she had already met HJ, WJ's sister. So in my opinion, she could have met her before the bus accident... maybe when she lost her own parents. We shouldn't forget that HJ is a doctor. She could have worked at a hospital before... 

That caught my attention too and I was wondering how that familiarity came about. Same conclusion, possible during her parents' death, the sister could have been a doctor on duty who consoled SR?

53 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

Google tells me it takes 60 minutes to travel between Seoul and Incheon, which puts this line firmly in the "What The Actual WHAT?" category of stupid - who would leave an airport AT ALL if their flight was in 2 hours? 

I didn't check google but WJ did mention to SR that she could have stayed still for 2 hours, which I assumed, was the time taken to get to airport and back, meaning it's a one hour drive away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

WJ: I won´t dissapear. Ever
Me: Oh you better keep that in your mind... Spare us from stupid or tragic seperation parts later. Better hold on to your promise!!!

ahhahahah Exactly me when I was watching this part !

4 hours ago, aisling said:

I have to gush about 30 but 17 a little. I haven’t enjoyed a rom-com like this in ages! I used to love rom-coms (been watching k-dramas since 2009) but I’ve been watching mostly OCN dramas lately. Like 80 % of all dramas I’ve watched in past two years are thrillers, human dramas, investigation or legal shows (My Ahjussi, Misaeng, Forest of Secrets, Signal, Circle, Duel, Tunnel, Save Me, Life on Mars, Black, etc.).

The only drama that has potential to make my heart melt is “30 but 17” but I’m soooo afraid they’re going to mess up the second half. I actually didn’t like this writer’s previous drama She Was Pretty that much, so I’m genuinely surprised 30b17 works so well for me. I haven’t felt like this for a long time. I don’t know what exactly it is that makes me feel so warm and cozy while watching these beloved characters interact. If I were to compared it to recent Why Secretary Kim the funny thing is that despite PSJ and PMY’s sizzling chemistry I couldn’t connect to them emotionally. I enjoyed their skinships but when he told her he loved her I didn’t feel a thing. But 30b17 managed to make me feel like I was back in my teens and experiencing the first time I was infatuated with a boy. The build up to the last scene of episode 17-18 made my heart flutter. The music was beautiful, the way SHS played an insecure teenage girl who didn’t really know how to react at that moment, the way YSJ came to realise his attraction and wanted to act on it... 

it has been such a long time for me as well to be able to feel this kind of feeling. I have not been watching many rom-com drama recently, so...

@aisling right the director is using too much close-up kkkk, we can even see all their pores hahaha

@aisling

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

1. Mystery woman in yellow shoes was cordial to Jennifer, but Jennifer questioned why she would want to see (and not go out of way to avoid) such a one as herself. Their dialog:

They are meeting again presently when Chan is away on training camp and Seo-Ri and Woo-Jin are alone in the dark. Any conjectures to her and Jennifer's relationship?

a. She could be Jennifer's biological daughter ? Maybe. But not the baby she was carrying on the day of the accident. (Seo-Ri in the bus, episode 1) Jennifer may have gone 'insane' and run away and abandoned her daughter perhaps. Also honorifics would be highly unusual towards your daughter.

b. Jennifer had cheated on her husband and had an affair with this woman's father? Jennifer the home-wrecker, and mystery woman has forgiven her. But why would she be glad at all to see Jennifer?

c. Jennifer had a close relationship (non maternal) with the young lady but abandoned her or wronged her greatly, but she has returned to reconcile with her (since she deliberated over a few weeks each time visiting outside the house until she mustered the courage to call her by name at the end of episode 8).

d. INSERT YOUR ANSWER HERE.

EDIT . Forgot to add.

Mystery woman called her and said "I hope you can be there on That Day (꼭 without fail)."

From preview:

Jennifer is crying wearing black, and the old man in wheel chair says of her, "It is well. Since (she/you) have come, it is well."

He's probably her father and she is a daughter who had run away from everyone in her life?

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So after watching the latest episode, I come to the conclusion that the lady in yellow clothes (later pink) must be her sister-in-law. My theory was that Jennifer lost her husband in the bus accident and due the loss, she also lost her child (miscarriage). I guess, the sister-in-law must have resented her for the miscarriage as she had the impression that her "brother" had been hurt a second time. In the end, Jennifer was rejected by her family-in-law... which would explain why she has no real home and act like a robot. She avoids any attachment with her job.

WARNING, WILD SPECULATION FOLLOWS:

I was thinking that Jennifer could be the girlfriend (not yet wife) of Kim Tae-jin (the man who died in the bus accident).

The woman in yellow and the man in the wheelchair would be Tae-jin's sister and father.

Jennifer was pregnant but unmarried at the time of the accident.

Her day off now is the anniversary of Tae-jin's death.

To further speculate, being an unwed/single mother,  perhaps she didn't lose the child but put her up for adoption.

Perhaps to Germany (as the little "Orgel" music box suggests).

Speaking of Germany,

How long was Seo-ri ever in Germany?  She talked with Chan about it.  Perhaps she saw Woo-jin's sister there.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Remember when young SR drew crescendo on the bus? I think back she SR was also aware of WJ and probably had a crush on him too (it is practically K-drama law for the leads to have "liked" each other since kids). Maybe she even interacted with WJ's sister at that point. Hence the familiar feeling. Jennifer is still a mystery though...

Who was the mother of the kid that Chan saved? Was that SR's aunt?

SR''s friend who died in the accident... why didn't she try to find her family?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

WARNING, WILD SPECULATION FOLLOWS:

I was thinking that Jennifer could be the girlfriend (not yet wife) of Kim Tae-jin (the man who died in the bus accident).

The woman in yellow and the man in the wheelchair would be Tae-jin's sister and father.

Jennifer was pregnant but unmarried at the time of the accident.

Her day off now is the anniversary of Tae-jin's death.

To further speculate, being an unwed/single mother,  perhaps she didn't lose the child but put her up for adoption.

Perhaps to Germany (as the little "Orgel" music box suggests).

Speaking of Germany,

How long was Seo-ri ever in Germany?  She talked with Chan about it.  Perhaps she saw Woo-jin's sister there.

I like this idea: Jennifer gave birth, however she put up the child for adoption. This would explain why the sister-in-law and her father-in-law cut ties with her as they resented her. You are right: she might have not been married hence she didn't become a widower officially. 

As for the one who paid the bills, I have the impression that the man is the one who was responsible for the bus accident, because he had lost the tires. Since KTJ was not officially married, the man had no idea that his girlfriend was pregnant hence he didn't help Jennifer. Only WSR was the only victim who was in the coma for so long.  

• Like 7

10 hours ago, meechuttso said:

1. Mystery woman in yellow shoes was cordial to Jennifer, but Jennifer questioned why she would want to see (and not go out of way to avoid) such a one as herself. Their dialog:

They are meeting again presently when Chan is away on training camp and Seo-Ri and Woo-Jin are alone in the dark. Any conjectures to her and Jennifer's relationship?

a. She could be Jennifer's biological daughter ? Maybe. But not the baby she was carrying on the day of the accident. (Seo-Ri in the bus, episode 1) Jennifer may have gone 'insane' and run away and abandoned her daughter perhaps. Also honorifics would be highly unusual towards your daughter.

b. Jennifer had cheated on her husband and had an affair with this woman's father? Jennifer the home-wrecker, and mystery woman has forgiven her. But why would she be glad at all to see Jennifer?

c. Jennifer had a close relationship (non maternal) with the young lady but abandoned her or wronged her greatly, but she has returned to reconcile with her (since she deliberated over a few weeks each time visiting outside the house until she mustered the courage to call her by name at the end of episode 8).

EDIT . Forgot to add.

Mystery woman called her and said "I hope you can be there on That Day (꼭 without fail)."

From preview:

Jennifer is crying wearing black, and the old man in wheel chair says of her, "It is well. Since (she/you) have come, it is well."

He's probably her father and she is a daughter who had run away from everyone in her life?

Maybe she's the sister of her husband and the event she's going to in the Preview is his death anniversary, with the grandfather being her father in law? Maybe, for some reason, she was guilty for something? Maybe they had a fight on the day he died, felt guilty, then didn't contact his family again? :o

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, meechuttso said:

EDIT . Forgot to add.

From preview:

Maybe she's the sister of her husband and the event she's going to in the Preview is his death anniversary, with the grandfather being her father in law? Maybe, for some reason, she was guilty for something? Maybe they had a fight on the day he died, felt guilty, then didn't contact his family again? :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

Speaking of Germany,

Was Seo Ri in Germany before? I don’t remember this part. I thought she was only supposed to go Germany but couldn’t because of the accident.

• Like 1