Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

The only problem that I have with this show is SR's character. SR is just so (for lack of better word), Mary Sue-ish... The character is too perfect. While SHS is doing well, I'm not much of a fan when she exaggerates her expression. 

WJ... I'm envious of his job haha... The character is a bit strange. He is withdrawn but not that isolated since he interacts well at work etc. But Yang Sejong got me in the scene where he reached out to his doctor about his fears duevto the association with SR. I thought that scene was excellent. He looked reluctant to talk about it, but overcame that because he needed help, and you really believe he was genuinely afraid.

Chan is cute. I did getva fright when the chick turned into a hen so suddenly. Wth??

Watching the show for the eye candies and curiosity about SR's missing family.

Ps: was SR's doctor friend one of the prince in Moonlovers?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dzareth said:

Ps: was SR's doctor friend one of the prince in Moonlovers?

Don’t know if he was in Moon Lovers but I saw him in Reunited Words where he also played a doctor and was pretty much useless. I hated him there even though he got a redemption in the end. Maybe that’s why I already dislike his character here even though he plays a more decent guy.

@stuartjmz I find it strange that he calls her sunbae cause honestly they seem the same age visually and in demeanours.

• Like 2

@dzareth Yes. He was Wang Won.

1O8r5E.gif

Actually I wonder when he will become fully in the picture. At the moment, it's near misses (and the deflection by Chan)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Do you guys think the disappearance is due to him finally finding out who SR is? We are close to the halfway point so this may be the case?

12 hours ago, meechuttso said:

So happy for Mr Ahn! :wub:

Some say she's an acquired taste. One that you can't do without once acquired, that is. Fortunately her relatively small amount of filmography and interviews have all been chronicled and translated best here on soompi forum for all her English speaking audiences. B)  Thanks for your thoughtful summary @sleeplater.

1.5 seconds is enough for this pair to captivate me. :wub:

But @Dramanoona's unconventionally prodigiously unheard-of-ly long gif cuts are even better still!

Off topic-A big TY to you @meechuttso, I’ve been one of the first followers coming to SHS forum that you started since it started because you are the best at translating everything!

...sightings today?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2018 at 7:54 AM, aoikarin said:

Pic 4. In flashback ep 7 Again Kim Tae Hyung bumped into Jennifer in front of the Library (whassup with this kid LOL) while he rushed to go to library.

It looks more like Woo-jin than Hyung-tae.  He has Woo-jin's shoes and doesn't have Hyung-tae's "snake" belt or glasses.

tumblr_pd5zp7mmyS1w2zf0ho6_r1_540.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WJW and YSJ filming together... probably something to do with the violin professor too?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2018 at 3:04 PM, sleeplater said:

crescendo is a way for composers to indicate that a passage of music should gradually increase in loudness over time (opposite of a decrease in volume, which is described as a decrescendo). It is also used in non-musical contexts to describe any situation in which volume is increasing. (https://study.com/academy/lesson/crescendo-in-music-definition-notation-quiz.html)

The symbol is often refered to as a hairpin or a wedge. Italian. (cresc.) 

What i'm interested was the flashback scene of 17 yr old SR drawing the crescendo symbol in the bus. What did she see that sparked her to draw? just as we see the present her feeling her heart beating louder and faster as she looked at WJ

Wow thanks for this... l learnt something. Now I know why she's drawing a crescendo when she sees WJ! :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2018 at 6:31 PM, mademoisellesia said:

Ep17-18 Text Preview - I Need You

Reveal hidden contents

[17&18회차 통합본] 현정의 갑작스런 등장에 우진의 집엔 한바탕 소동이 일고.
우진은 모두가 잠든 그날 밤, 아무런 말도 없이 사라져버린다.
우진의 행방을 알 수 없는 서리와 식구들은 애가 타는데..

Woo Jin's sister's sudden appearance cause a stir in the house.

One night whilst everyone's asleep, Woo Jin quietly disappears.

Not knowing where he is, Seo Ri & his family are worried...

:blink: Mr Gong?? What the...?! confused-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948995

Maybe he went to that beach. There was a scene in ep1 Mr G on the beach.

Hi hi chingu(s)

Loving the drama so far especially Shs :wub:

Anyone know what's the deal with Jennifer? She was pregnant during her younger time.  I have this thought that she maybe the biological mom of Seo Ri :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Comments like this one are sad for me to read. I perfectly understand why the commenter feels this way, it is a natural reaction.  That's why I am so angry at the way this Drama has betrayed WJW, breaking their "no villain" promise and reducing her from second lead to "blink and you'll miss her" She, and her fans, really thought this Drama was going to be different. Now, she's stuck in a role that will only reinforce feelings like this:

@stuartjmz, I don’t see her character as a villain at all. It’s understandable that she has that kind of reaction to SR because of the way her mother seemed to make SR into her rival when they were younger by demanding that she do better than SR but in a negative way that seemed to place a lot of pressure on TR. To me the way the successful TR is acting now just highlights how much that pressure from her mom affected her confidence and how that pressure became connected to SR. These two characters remind me of the main female acting rivals in Japanese manga Glass Mask. I don’t see TR as a villain and I’m hoping that the script writers do not go there.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

That seems unlikely, as we've already seen her mother, in the scene where she gave SR her violin. Unless the Drama decides to tell us SR was actually adopted, something it has not even hinted at yet. 

:hushed: Thank you for the flashback stuartjmz, I must've missed that part. 

• Like 2

i think ep17 and 18 will air on tuesday due to the asian games screening on sbs. as you can see from the preview for ep 17 and 18, it stated there that it will air on tuesday at 10.30pm. i guess we just have to settle for two episodes this week *sad face*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I’m so excited on this week’s episode!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

It's so unfathomable that dramas in Korea always have to make way for sports coverage. Don't they have a sports channel? My country is providing live coverage of the Asian Games too but no drama or programmes are cancelled because there's a channel for live sports events.

Sadddd... after waiting for a week we only have one episode :huh:. The preview looks promising though I'm looking forward!:D

Edit: is this drama the only one to be cancelled on Mon? Why only SBS?

Edited by Ni Wen
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Ohhhhhh !!! Nice !! did she just said that she wanted him ? But that she does not understand why ?!! :wub::wub::wub:yaaaaaasss !

• Like 2
  • Haha 4