Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

This drama is healing my heart after a long day of work. Crying Seo Ri just gets to me and makes me so sad. I just kept tearing up. And the last was just too beautiful. i'm gone. This pairing has me.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, Lids said:

This drama is healing my heart after a long day of work. Crying Seo Ri just gets to me and makes me so sad. I just kept tearing up. And the last was just too beautiful. i'm gone. This pairing has me.

I was tearing up as well.  I believe that she uses the excuse of peeling the onion as she goes back to her sorrow of losing 13 years of her life.  Our Mr Gong is also starting to overcome his "trauma", again.  So we are going to see both of them helping each other more in the future episodes in the process of healing.

Credit to the owner.

The lyric of the second OST by Hyolyn (from the POV of WJ?)

Do you know how I’m looking at you?
Do you know how every day, I’m waiting for you?

Feels like I’m walking on glass
What if we get farther away?

Just stay with me
Next to me, stay with me
You don’t have to love me
I can just be in pain like that day

just stay, stay with me
just stay, stay with me

My days feel like they’ll break down
What if we get farther away?

Just stay with me
Next to me, stay with me

Sometimes, I can’t take it and I just fall asleep
But why do I still see you when I close my eyes?

just stay, stay with me

Next to me, stay with me

just stay, stay with me
just stay, stay with me
stay with me

Credit to popgasa

Spoiler

Credit to the owner

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Just finished watching the new episodes and it was honestly really like the direction that the main leads are going in. They both are opening up to each other in a sweet way and it is nice to watch. The route they are going to take to help each other seems very promising and that is what I live for. However, I feel bad for Chan, because he is probably the sweetest person you can ask for but it does seem like he is in for a really harsh heartbreak :(. But I feel like, he would rather put the feelings of his uncle and Seo-Ri before his own and would fully support the two. Ahhh everyone needs a person like Chan in their lives

• Like 11

Actually don't you all feel that Chan is in every way more mature than Seori and Woojin? He's sensitive and considerate to people around him and is quick to detect any changes in their mood or reactions in particular these two persons closest to him now. He takes care of his Mr Gong in a way though it's supposed to be the other way round. Like when he talks to him and begs him to come back home by showing him their old photo it's like he's giving Woojin a chance to think back and heal because he feels his uncle isn't like this in the past. He takes care of Seori by giving her his assurance and support all the time especially when Woojin is aloof and unwelcoming to her in the beginning. I'm so sure that the mature Chan will bring these two persons he love so much together once he knows the truth. Although he's 19 the inner him is acting like 30... as compared to the other two 30 year olds.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

I would say there's a strong chance she will. As I posted after her first scene,  the interview, it's absurd that a successful performer would be shown as afraid of someone who's been effectively dead for 13 years,  but that definitely seems to be the direction the Drama's pointing in.

Yes - I see that chance to and even so I don´t like it so much - its not complete unlogical for me. We don´t know anything about her history on that part. Actually - there is potential to show more of her - who knows if she had a loving family too or a family who pushed her to be better and better.. who knows if the young SR triggered a fear inside of her of not beeing able to play more than just the notebook - that is all in the unknown shadows. I hope they will show more of her character - maybe she has her issues too... and I hope if she will do something bad later - it will just a short period because I would like it to see the two woman who loves classic and violine both so much together on stage.

I noticed that TS wears the black dress - and SR in her imagination the white dress - hope that is not a sign in any way - as I said - i wish them later to perform together - and both can learn from the other maybe... I wish them to become friends.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Music is such an amazing gift to us all, I don't like seeing caricatures of petty evil and insecure musicians. Of the people I've known who play music at the highest levels (in any genre), they all have such inspiring stories and sense of humility and community about the gifts they get to share with others.

I hope the drama fairly quickly turns around and portrays these wondrous aspects of music making and healing thru music, not just for Seo-Ri but for everyone that music touches, and that it doesn't get derailed onto somewhat absurd and draggy parts I've been patiently waiting for it to get past. I hope to see more momentum for everyone and not just the central 2 or 3 people in isolation.

That said, even with Chan being an unrealistically naive and innocent fellow, I will re-post these since they did make me smile.

Sweet Chan was very busy this last episode making sure that Ajumma was cared for. :wub:

• Like 8

@Ni Wen I agree with your observation about Chan being physically the youngest but mentally the most mature. He grew up free of traumas surrounded by a loving family. On top of that he’s a very caring and compassionate person. He’s such a pure soul and Anh Hyo Seop plays him perfectly. He didn’t leave a deep impression on me when I watched him in Father Is Strange but I really like him here.

This writer has a thing for writing this kind of second male leads. Do you remember her second lead played by Si Won in She Was Pretty? A lot people had a major SLS too.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, aisling said:

@Ni Wen I agree with your observation about Chan being physically the youngest but mentally the most mature. He grew up free of traumas surrounded by a loving family. On top of that he’s a very caring and compassionate person. He’s such a pure soul and Anh Hyo Seop plays him perfectly. He didn’t leave a deep impression on me when I watched him in Father Is Strange but I really like him here.

This writer has a thing for writing these kind of second male leads. Do you remember her second lead played by Si Won in She Was Pretty? A lot people had a major SLS too.

Oh damn.. how could I forgot to check out who is the writer... wait - King of High School... so Chan can end up with SR... lalala..... Looks like she has a thing with the love and age question too. Yes i remember Si Won very clearly and Lee Tae Hwan too - who was a part of the gang in High School King - that explains a lot - the same cool feeling with those gang as i have here with Chan Gang. Oops - I nearly missed that point.

About Chan - i will not go as far as to say he has a trauma.. but he indeed had to watch his beloved Uncle changed from a very warm and friendly person. And we can see how much Chan cares about the people and even the animals around him. I kinda think once WJ was like him... you know - Chan followed SR and protected her... WJ followed young SR. Chan cares for the little chicken and WJ cared and cares for Fang. And when we see how young WJ treated Chan in the past - he was such as wonderful as Chan is today. Not the same - but similar in many points. WJ has his art - Chan has his sport.

I believe because of what happend to WJ Chan is even more careful and sensitive... and I will really be in trouble when i like him more and more like that...

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2018 at 1:58 AM, meechuttso said:

Hyo Seop was initially confirmed for Clean With a Passion Now, but this drama was put on hold because his co-star fell sick, and she required 6 months to recover. In recent news, it’s reported that they will resume filming soon because she got better, but since it clashes with this drama, he chose to let go of his first leading role. It must have been a difficult decision to make—giving up a chance of a leading role over a supporting role. It might be for the best seeing how difficult it had been to secure the castings and filming.

WOW - I did not know this - I so hope now that he will never regret this dicision - and he will regain love and attention in korea too!!!! And a new chance for a leading role.

Actually I went back to the first pages ( I never checked before - sorry) to check if WJW was staring here as a second lead from the start - because for that I need to admit - I can´t feel about her like that now - more an extra. Sorry to say that. But I hope she will have more scenes from now on. But what I found in her discription is that Tae Rin is from a famous musician familiy - so that would explain her pressure to be perfect. And maybe her problem with SR who played freely - did not won a price - but the attention and love from the teacher.

But to be honest - the same goes for Kim Hyeong Taes Character until now - not much screentime  - and I kinda believe he will be more important later. So i will wait...

• Like 3

@Mau_Cherry I feel, the space has slowed down so much therefore we haven't many scenes with KHT and KR. And honestly, it bothers me a little. Then the focus on the uncle and aunt has gone lost in my opinion. Sure, we saw two scenes during this week, where the ahjumma in yellow clothes appeared but that was it. I wished that the second characters would be better used. Now, KR will avoid WSR as well out of jealousy and insecurities. As conclusion, this drama has flaws in my opinion. What I am enjoying the most are Chan's scenes. I wished, people would find out that she had been in a coma for 13 years much quicker. Moreover, it would be better in my opinion, if the drama focuses on how WSR can improve her life, right now I see her more on a survival modus.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Mau_Cherry I feel, the space has slowed down so much therefore we haven't many scenes with KHT and KR. And honestly, it bothers me a little. Then the focus on the uncle and aunt has gone lost in my opinion. Sure, we saw two scenes during this week, where the ahjumma in yellow clothes appeared but that was it. I wished that the second characters would be better used. Now, KR will avoid WSR as well out of jealousy and insecurities. As conclusion, this drama has flaws in my opinion. What I am enjoying the most are Chan's scenes. I wished, people would find out that she had been in a coma for 13 years much quicker. Moreover, it would be better in my opinion, if the drama focuses on how WSR can improve her life, right now I see her more on a survival modus.   

Still not sure if the Lady in Yellow is the aunt or if she maybe is related to Jessica.

Sure - SR is kinda in a survival modus. She is lost in a world without even knowing her place anymore. She tried hard to just go on and fixed on her aim to get money to get the violine back. But after she saw the concert her wall got cracks - and I really liked the last scene - using the onion as a reason for her to cry her heart out. But WJ knows it better.

He finaly start to see her pain. He was so focused on his trauma and he tried to hard not to care.. I wonder what will happen next.

Flaws... hm - not for me. Sure it is kinda unfair for the actors - but I can´t feel it as flaws now. I admit - I just love it. The only flaw i saw too was that she seemed to stop searching for her family. Would be great to keep an eye for the details.

They have to fill in 40 Episodes - or 20 if you count by one hour. There is still a lot time left.

I don´t feel about the Drama getting draggy at all - I enjoyed it to the fullest. So we will see what the writer has for us... its a bit early to say there are not enough scenes when there is still so much to come (as i hope).

I wish SR get the money to fix her violine. Its time for her to train again. And I need to prepare my heart for poor Chan.

Oh and I wonder if the picture is still in the tube - and what is the story SR has when she tried to run after WJ in her memory scene. So there is more...

And if the picture is in his room - what is in the storage room?

I forgot - there is one big flaw for me  - but lets be honest - we are here in Drama World.. so I am used to it and otherwise the story will not even be possible...

but how could the hospital not search for her - inform the police and all that... but yes - KDrama World... we need to deal with it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Still not sure if the Lady in Yellow is the aunt or if she maybe is related to Jessica.

Sure - SR is kinda in a survival modus. She is lost in a world without even knowing her place anymore. She tried hard to just go on and fixed on her aim to get money to get the violine back. But after she saw the concert her wall got cracks - and I really liked the last scene - using the onion as a reason for her to cry her heart out. But WJ knows it better.

He finaly start to see her pain. He was so focused on his trauma and he tried to hard not to care.. I wonder what will happen next.

Flaws... hm - not for me. Sure it is kinda unfair for the actors - but I can´t feel it as flaws now. I admit - I just love it. The only flaw i saw too was that she seemed to stop searching for her family. Would be great to keep an eye for the details.

They have to fill in 40 Episodes - or 20 if you count by one hour. There is still a lot time left.

I don´t feel about the Drama getting draggy at all - I enjoyed it to the fullest. So we will see what the writer has for us... its a bit early to say there are not enough scenes when there is still so much to come (as i hope).

I wish SR got the money to fix her violine. Its time for her to train again. And I need to prepare my heart for poor Chan.

Oh and I wonder if the picture is still in the tube - and what is the story SR has when she tried to run after WJ in her memory scene. So there is more...

And if the picture is in his room - what is in the storage room?

The actors act very well, to me the problem comes from the writer. Like @stuartjmz pointed out, you need an ID in order to apply for a job... This is too unrealistic. Then we are not given enough clues for Jennifer's trauma and personality:

- why she could connect to WSR

- the significance of the box

- why does she do martial arts?

Like we both mentioned: why did she stop searching for her family, when she knows that she has to leave in two or three weeks? They focused too much on Gong's pain (the flashbacks were too long) and I felt, it was repetitive. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

The actors act very well, to me the problem comes from the writer. Like @stuartjmz pointed out, you need an ID in order to apply for a job... This is too unrealistic. Then we are not given enough clues for Jennifer's trauma and personality:

- why she could connect to WSR

- the significance of the box

- why does she do martial arts?

Like we both mentioned: why did she stop searching for her family, when she knows that she has to leave in two or three weeks? They focused too much on Gong's pain (the flashbacks were too long) and I felt, it was repetitive. 

The ID for the Job - yes - thats right - and just in the moment you wrote this I edited my comment - because there in my eyes is an even bigger mistake...

She runs from the hospital and noone is searching for her... wait...

But really - we know that - its not the first time and it will not be the last time - we always have this moment we can just role our eyes and say - Gosh - KDrama World happen again. If the Police would search for her - the whole Drama would not be possible. If she could not get the Job without the ID ... right...

But its kinda limited ... she don´t have a phone and her living - no ID needed for that. So the Job - guess we need to let it go like helping out without a contract. And SR would do that ... just happy to get money and happy to be at least really helpful with what she knews about. Its still not right - I know that too.

Yes - all actors acts very well - no complain from my side. Too much time for his flashbacks - not for me. You know what - If I think about it more and more yes I can find reason to say - the writer should have made more use from the Doc and KTR... but when I watched it I enjoyed every single second - never got the feeling about it beeing draged or any scene not needed. In fact I don´t want any scene to get shortend.. I would be in trouble to sort it out how to make it fair for everyone.. but my first eye is on the story - and as I said - I hope and believe both will be more in the picture later - and again as I said I really hope not in a bad way (of just short). There was potential to show more of them both - to be honest extremly for the Doc. until now. KTR was not so much in the picture before but the Doc cared for SR for all this time...

I am very sure - the real world of actors (if not very famous) and Idols in Korea is very hard... But that is nothing we can change - we normally just don´t know more about the bts stories...

But still - I watched the Drama - and loved it - and thats what I wish for - and I can´t wait to see more.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I fear this Discussion can get out of hand.. but still... A hardworking person who tried hard to become perfect became near to perfect meating a natural born genius - can be in trouble... and i more see it like SR is the trigger to wake up KTRs insecurities... But really - its too early to talk about something we don´t have a real clue by now.

I don´t feel like the Writers interest is only with the OTP.  Chan is there too - the gang around him - the Girl - the workers in the office and of course the Housekeeper. So many more people who has really good scenes as you ask me. I admit to the flaws as I did - yes. But it is not written badly for me. Not perfect - sure - but not bad too. Only KHT and KTR are on the loss side right now. I will wait...

But I will not concentrate on the flaws - there is so much i love and enjoy - I do that.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

Just now, stuartjmz said:

But we do have a clue. Not just "a" clue, but two, actually. In the interview, we were shown KTR internally flashing back with anxiety, and in the most recent episode we saw her look first shocked, then angry, then later actually biting her hands with anxiety. These are very clear clues.  

Okay - we have a clue - but we don´t know anything now. What will happen next - we need to find out. What will it bring us if we discuss about something what will happen and later it will be different. I told you - I don´t want her to become bad too - and if I hope it will be just a very short period and she will than become SR friend... but right now - we can just wait what the story really will bring us and be angry, happy or dissapointed later... when we know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

When the actor herself is angry, sad and disappointed right now, I definitely don't think it's premature to share her sentiments. 

Everyone can see and feel how much you like that actress - and it is wonderful. She needs those - I am sure about that. And I can feel you when it comes to this drama and her screentime really is not enough until now... I hope for it to change...

But on the other hand - you made it very clear that you don´t like the Drama too - beeing here just to fight for WJW like it seems...

But can you please understand that others like me wish to enjoy the drama and share the love for it here. I kinda start to feel like I need to fight for the rest of the cast and the Drama itself.

I am impressed with Shin Hye Sun who act so well as a 17 year old... Yang Se Jong is doing a great job too - and of course Ahn Hyo Seop... wow.

I love the camera work - with the window for example.

I love so many parts about Still 17.

And i fear to be heartbroken soon together with Chan... the lost puppy in the rain who cared so much - oh really...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

It is upsetting to see your favourite actress suffer from such roles I truly understand and feel with you. Much as you are very angry and upset over the unfair treatment of WJW, maybe you should also take note that there are alot others who are loving and enjoying the drama who just wants to discuss the drama and not repeatedly go on and on over how minor WJW second lead role had been withdrawn to. This drama is definitely not perfect nor extremely well written but to say it only cares about the otp and not the supporting characters is too much. All the supporting characters and even doggie Pang/Dukgoo plays an important part. And if this drama is about SHS and YSJ I don't see why this drama can't be focused on the otp. In fact I find that this drama thread is going too slowly regardless of the good ratings. Probably some of you just refrain from posting?

@stuartjmz this is just my personal views and I hope you won't be angry with my comments :)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I thought the hospital has no legal obligation to look for her.  She was not there under a court order. Its a voluntary check in. As long as the bills are paid, the hospital will look after her. 

She is still looking for her family. But with her limited means there's only  so much she can do at the moment. She cant even afford to put up the banner yet.   It must be daunting to her since she has no clue whatsoever why she was abandoned,  whether they are alive or not and where to begin her search except hoping they still live in the same area for the past 13 years.  Her only ties with her past now are the house, deok gu and her mom's violin. If only deok gu could talk.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1