Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Okay this is me after watching episode 5..dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif..lol.

Lets talk about the positives first and the things that should be appreciated;

-suspense/thrill level. Zombie Dr.Cha is freaky! Plus, the fact that the duel could be avoided if there is a 'real' human between two game characters(smart).

-HB's acting. I felt for the guy! Him running away from zombie Cha and then at one point giving in to his fate that he deserves to die because he is a murderer(technically that would be a murder in defense and ignorance<_<). Broke my heart! Also, when he says I am deranged..well yeah for HJ he seems to be.

-The rain scene! I want more scenes of HB and PSH.. because romantic sequences provide a relief from the confusing and mind boggling game vs. reality.

-HeJoo is now an 'obstacle'. A much needed obstacle for JW. He should keep her along from now on.

Now the not-so-understandable parts..

We did not get any answers but rather more questions. I felt the pace is slow, in the sense that nothing much happened regarding how to solve the mystery of game. Dr. Cha seems to be still a roaming zombie as he was last week. GoYuRa and Prof.Cha's scene was a wastage of screen time. Are we really interested in knowing whether YuRa is still is his wife or not? No! 

However, writer did give an explanation about CHS's death that it was indeed a murder; and SJ could also be dead. But if he is shot dead like CHS, why isn't his body found? Maybe he tweaked the software or something..to prevent his death.

Anyways, Prof.Cha seems to be on JW's side, is he a villain? 

Game is working on its own, it seems. I think the actual villain in this drama is 'the game' and no one else.

And why the hell are there no stretchers in this hospital?? A patient just broke his leg into pieces and they were carrying him on shoulders!:vicx:

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

DRAMA: MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA EP. 5

Original Article: [osen] 'Alhambra' Hyunbin, Saved By Park Shinhye... Park Hoon Suspected To Be Murdered

0003921817_001_20181215222127179.jpg?type=w540

0003921817_002_20181215222127237.jpg?type=w540

0003921817_003_20181215222127254.jpg?type=w540

0003921817_004_20181215222127270.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-15%2Bat%2B10.24.40%2BPM.png
1. +1952, -52 The fact that you can still play the game even when you take off the lens is so scary... When Cha Hyungsuk was behind Jung Heejoo as he stared while holding the sword, it gave me goosebumps~ ㄷ ㄷ If the story unfolds well this drama will be daebak.. ㄷ 
2. +1550, -39 Ah seriously time flew by so fast.. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Also Hyunbin still looks cool in the rain and also when he's covered in blood.......
3.+655, -23 1 hour is too short
4. +187, -5 The drama is fun but I want the story to develop faster. But it does feel that 1 hour fly by fast. 
5. +152, -0 Seems like Heejoo is the healer, these two were meant to be, if it wasn't for her he'd die ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6.+163, -45 Hyunbin is so handsome..
7.+115, -7 Their chemistry is daebak ㅠㅠㅠ When Park Shinhye hugged him it was so heart-fluttering ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ The tension is crazy
8.+71, -11 It's starting to become frustratingㅜㅠ Shouldn't the game's secrets be out by now ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9.+48, -6 Hyunbin's really good at acting~~

Original Article: [news1 korea] 'Memories Of The Alhambra' Hyunbin, Ongoing Game Even Without The Use Of Lens --- Chanyeol Missing 'Speculations'

0003741871_001_20181215221940912.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-15%2Bat%2B10.36.29%2BPM.png
1. +712, -4 I can relate with whoever swore when she opened the door
2. +268, -26 This drama is fun but it feels so short 
3. +140, -12 Today is my first time watching this and I was so scared... Whenever it resumes I always close my eyes ㅠㅠ
4.+41, -12 It feels like the drama ends too fast
5.+28, -11 Park Shinhye's acting is really good ㅎㅎ 
6.+22, -5 Isn't Hyunbin so handsome??
7.+21, -7 This is the best drama these days

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hello everyone Awesome:wub: how can I describe this drama although as Netizen said the episode  was too short :tears:
For me I think This game has something different or magical as ouija if you start playing it will not be ended I think SJ and Marco have the secret and why this game turned to be from entertaining into murderous .

I Enjoyed watching the 5 eps but I wish to see more progress in the story of the game >
Big thanks to @lduc @DOCDOC and @Kasmic for live recap 
I hope tomorrow's episode give us clue and I hope to see Emma :heart:
I want More HB and HJ scenes :wub:

48371510_10156105276172914_9061281577421504512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.faly2-2.fna&oh=e4b1df1e76a08f23ea113320c1ea7998&oe=5C903F5E

cr: to the owner 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Okay this is me after watching episode 5..dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif..lol.

Lets talk about the positives first and the things that should be appreciated;

-suspense/thrill level. Zombie Dr.Cha is freaky! Plus, the fact that the duel could be avoided if there is a 'real' human between two game characters(smart).

-HB's acting. I felt for the guy! Him running away from zombie Cha and then at one point giving in to his fate that he deserves to die because he is a murderer(technically that would be a murder in defense and ignorance<_<). Broke my heart! Also, when he says I am deranged..well yeah for HJ he seems to be.

-The rain scene! I want more scenes of HB and PSH.. because romantic sequences provide a relief from the confusing and mind boggling game vs. reality.

-HeJoo is now an 'obstacle'. A much needed obstacle for JW. He should keep her along from now on.

Now the not-so-understandable parts..

We did not get any answers but rather more questions. I felt the pace is slow, in the sense that nothing much happened regarding how to solve the mystery of game. Dr. Cha seems to be still a roaming zombie as he was last week. GoYuRa and Prof.Cha's scene was a wastage of screen time. Are we really interested in knowing whether YuRa is still is his wife or not? No! 

However, writer did give an explanation about CHS's death that it was indeed a murder; and SJ could also be dead. But if he is shot dead like CHS, why isn't his body found? Maybe he tweaked the software or something..to prevent his death.

Anyways, Prof.Cha seems to be on JW's side, is he a villain? 

Game is working on its own, it seems. I think the actual villain in this drama is 'the game' and no one else.

And why the hell are there no stretchers in this hospital?? A patient just broke his leg into pieces and they were carrying him on shoulders!:vicx:

Do you not feel that the writer is repeating her W motif.. but flipped around?

Storyline is pretty much following the same pattern except that guy came into reality because of his will power and this game is also taking its own life because of its or cha's willpower.

As story progresses, just as han hyo joo became a real manga character, Hee ju will become the game character.. more than Emma..

the girl was savior and designer of kang chul in W, here hee ju is the savior

just as managa characters don't die but get suspended and evaporate.. people evaporate from real life here

this show is going to fall flat on logic.. just as W by the time we reach the end.

Had they said that cha was found dead.. i would have still accepted the logic of him dying from heart attack or shock.. but saying his blood is drained out without an external injury???.. that's is medically impossible

also crazy starts at level 3 i guess..

nobody saw chanyeol at the train station.. and cha wasn't there.. so yes marco must be the big bad villain of the game.. a teenager gamer :P

11 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

Se just arrived on Granada but he died or faint on the station.And he hold the gun 

gun is the weapon at that level. HB also has the gun when he is on train

7 hours ago, ned_lee said:

@katakwasabi omg when i read the loop holes that you've pointed out that guess I shld probably thank how great the ensemble contained the emotions of their characters. I am going haywired thinking what the heck happened to game booting all on its own. Who among the guys surrounding JW that can be in control, the list goes on.

see as long as W's writer is not going the "server has come into life like tablet did in W.. i'd bet my money on the 3rd guy in the room .. the specs guy.. who knows maybe he is the reason HB and Cha became enemies from friends

But i am pretty sure, since its W's writer.. the answer will be the SERVER came into its own life.. or ofcourse marco is hiding somewhere..

i just want to know where is the server

On 12/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, siddy09 said:

Thanks for posting this. I watched the scene again, and compared it with SJ's train scene. In the HB scene people in the train are screaming and moving around madly and most importantly they can hear the gun shots. So if this was a level in the game then how come real people are hearing live shooting? And in SJ's case why didn't the passenger with him hear the gunshot assuming both were in the same level in the game..

Ah..so many questions and no answer..:wacko:

But yeah I like the action and thriller sequences in the drama..on the edge of seat performance..

Actually if you pay attention, shouting ones are NPC.. there are some sleeping very calmly.. which means game is on and only gamers can see it. even in HB's case..

I guess the only way out is to win the game :)

11 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

Only heejoo can save Jin woo. 

i think he needs to win the game to exit the game..simple as that

and i think that's why he will start playing again.. once he realizes that he needs to win.. train probably is the last level

• Like 7

hi everyone.. I'm a fan of drama :grin: 

And this is what bothering me after watching the 5th episode last night. The man who shot Se Ju and the man next to him in train is the same person. They wore the clothes.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, lduc said:

Is the rating good or bad?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

Holla @kokodus just done watching it now. Like you do. It's even more confusing. Lol

I remember about the BW game you mentioned. Thanks to HJ for becoming his shield to Dr. Cha. I do think whether this game is really turning into real or is it just the players seems to be very immersed in it and led themselves to be psychological affected with it. They become irrational, hallucinating and gone insane.  But you know what's more important and interesting part for me here, thanks to Dr. Cha and all this confusion our OTP got to have a touching rain hug. :lol: it has reached ep 5 already they finally have a sweet hug. I like that moment JW grabs her hand into his embrace. In HJ's mind (reality perspective) he looks so miserably fragile and ill. It's so different from JW she first met. The look she gave him and the fatigue and relieved he feels. Idk am I describing it clear to you. But I love their moment here.

SJ should be okay or if he really got injured his body should be remained. How could he disappeared without his body found. So I assume that like JW there's an obstacle to his duel got cancelled. He is deeply injured so he might go into hiding somewhere. Both JW and SJ should meet later to answer all this puzzle together or both are really going crazy together. Look I become more confused with what I'm saying now.

The secretary and JW memories confirmed that without the smart lens he is automatically logged in. I think the AR game JW plays is another form of Jumanji. He is trap inside the game, can't stop midway or get himself out of it unless he finishes the game or another player gets to join to play to keep the game on and reach final. That way everyone can return home.

The preview shows JW asked HJ to bring him his smart lens. At this rate i want her to join the game as well. The guitar sounds that keeps playing in JW's head and Emma. The writer keeps throwing more and more puzzles to us like usual. I hope he didn't forget to give at least some good answer to one of those later. 

Put that confusing story aside, I just love how HJ's sister is matchmaking her with JW. Her intuition is quite absurd as JW explained. But I think that must be right. I like her honest and easy going personality. 

Very long, hoho, I feel like you might get tired reading my long wall of text. :lol: I'll end it here. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Holla @kokodus just done watching it now. Like you do. It's even more confusing. Lol

I remember about the BW game you mentioned. Thanks to HJ for becoming his shield to Dr. Cha. I do think whether this game is really turning into real or is it just the players seems to be very immersed in it and led themselves to be psychological affected with it. They become irrational, hallucinating and gone insane.  But you know what's more important and interesting part for me here, thanks to Dr. Cha and all this confusion our OTP got to have a touching rain hug. :lol: it has reached ep 5 already they finally have a sweet hug. I like that moment JW grabs her hand into his embrace. In HJ's mind (reality perspective) he looks so miserably fragile and ill. It's so different from JW she first met. The look she gave him and the fatigue and relieved he feels. Idk am I describing it clear to you. But I love their moment here.

SJ should be okay or if he really got injured his body should be remained. How could he disappeared without his body found. So I assume that like JW there's an obstacle to his duel got cancelled. He is deeply injured so he might go into hiding somewhere. Both JW and SJ should meet later to answer all this puzzle together or both are really going crazy together. Look I become more confused with what I'm saying now.

The secretary and JW memories confirmed that without the smart lens he is automatically logged in. I think the AR game JW plays is another form of Jumanji. He is trap inside the game, can't stop midway or get himself out of it unless he finishes the game or another player gets to join to play to keep the game on and reach final. That way everyone can return home.

The preview shows JW asked HJ to bring him his smart lens. At this rate i want her to join the game as well. The guitar sounds that keeps playing in JW's head and Emma. The writer keeps throwing more and more puzzles to us like usual. I hope he didn't forget to give at least some good answer to one of those later. 

Put that confusing story aside, I just love how HJ's sister is matchmaking her with JW. Her intuition is quite absurd as JW explained. But I think that must be right. I like her honest and easy going personality. 

Very long, hoho, I feel like you might get tired reading my long wall of text. :lol: I'll end it here. 

On 12/13/2018 at 9:17 AM, Tessie Afdo said:

On 12/13/2018 at 5:00 AM, kilumar said:

Oh I think I am the only one who think this way.May be jin woo is on the train and hee joo running after that train to say good bye.And in trailer narration hee joo said he brings magic in her life but he suddenly disappear.Can it be they never meet again and time jump happen.Did Jin woo trap in game for one year?It can't be possible .Right?i have no idea.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:54 AM, Tessie Afdo said:

It could be HJ was running after JW or for her brother SJ whom she was expecting to come home since the other day. She knew he was boarding the train from Barcelona to Granada. Could be she finally realized through JW that something wrong happened to her brother so she was there to check for him at the station. It’s just my guess.  You may be right that JW got trapped in the game and was separated from reality and from  HJ temporarily and that he was  with HJ’s VR character Emma and they embarked in series of adventure until they came out of the game mode.  I think , this is where their romance started as Shin Hye said she’d be playing a different role this time.  Could  it be JW thought he fell in love with Emma rather than with HJ? I can imagine Emma playing an important role as to JW’s survival in the VR as the OST suggests. If my guess is right, Isn’t he a lucky guy? He got the  best of both worlds for in reality later he will realize that HJ is actually his lifeline,  to heal him emotionally and to free him from the world of hatred, vengeance and loneliness much destructive than the world of VR he’d been in. Forgive me, it’s just my wild guess.

2 hours ago, lduc said:

996B27435C11E33F16A186

Dufp1aNVAAYY61N.jpg

• Like 4

I agree with you saying they need another player for them to come out of the game. You think Emma holds the answer to all these? Only if JW could level up so he could communicate with Emma. Seems like unlike JW who can relate on two different worlds Emma and HJ are two different characters.  HJ can shield JW on the real world but she’s not with him on the VR. But how can JW level up on his situation right now? On the preview JW is leaving Granada and HJ going back to Korea. Woukd  he get to Korea or he will be trapped in the game while on the train? Where was he during the one year he was gone? In the game or in jail for murder? So unpredictable. One thing is for sure though.  HJ/Emma is Jin Woo’s saving grace in reality and in VR. That hug in the rain is so touching. Even the tender looks they gave each other in the hospital are  so palpable. I noticed Shin Hye’s ear is so red in one of those intimate hospital scenes. I couldn’t  get enough of their chemistry, my only consolation for now. But still, I’m rooting for this drama. It makes me think a lot. Thank you TVN.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

so in every scene he logs in.. it starts with him looking or doing sthg on his mobile phone.and he logs in automatically

Yeah you’re right. Did he log in through his mobile phone?

Anyway, i’m confuse why HJ seems too emotionally invested with JW, i don’t know why she’s crying in the raining scene. Well she probably interested to him as her saviour but they’re completely stranger to each other at this point, shouldn’t she feel bewildered or concerned with his strange behaviour rather than crying. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

Poor Jin Woo. Now he’s not sure of himself whether he’s still sane or insane. But that moment of realization when he thought he was about to die in the hands of dr cha, the point when  he realized where their thirst for vengeance took  them, was really sad.  JW, try to let go of your baggage and learn to forgive. Then open up your heart again to another love. Maybe it will make all the difference. Maybe it will snap you out of your situation.

• Like 4

I think why hee joo cries when seeing Jin Woo like that might be reasons she actually know about AR game that Se Joo creates. And she know everything cause which occurred at Jin Woo because this AR game.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Yeah you’re right. Did he log in through his mobile phone?

Anyway, i’m confuse why HJ seems too emotionally invested with JW, i don’t know why she’s crying in the raining scene. Well she probably interested to him as her saviour but they’re completely stranger to each other at this point, shouldn’t she feel bewildered or concerned with his strange behaviour rather than crying. 

With JW starting to hear guitar sound and enemy appearing once he used his phone makes me think all the more that the game has been tweeked and/or sabotage by the people within his team it can be the director (spec guy in KR), Prof. Cha... I am not sure but JW ends up as one of the main highlight of the game.

HJ reaction toward JW seems natural if we encountered a person that we considered high and mighty having a meltdown ..not to add that maybe the cute sister's presumption is correct ^_^

• Like 5