Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

20 hours ago, verit said:

I recommend Secret Garden and Snow Queen. Both of theme is good dramas. I like Hyun Bin in melodrama rather romantic comedy.

Thank you all for the advices! I think I will watch a movie first with HB , then a drama! I kind getting the feeling that he has many really successful movies! :D

• Like 6

Park Shin-hye to show ‘Memories of Alhambra’

• Updated : May 08 2018

Actress Park Shin-hye will star in tvN’s new drama series “Memories of the Alhambra.”

Park is to take the role of a character named Jung Hee-ju, who owns an old hostel in Granada, Spain. Hyun Bin is the other protagonist in the series, playing a mysterious man who visits the hostel on a business trip. 

Park Shin-hye / SALT Entertainment
Alhambra, which means “red palace” in Arabic, is a palace located in the city of Granada, a popular tourist destination. 
The actress is currently traveling in Spain, after having finished the on-location filming. 

“Memories of the Alhambra” is written by scriptwriter Song Jae-jung who is recognized for writing fantasy-romance series such as “Nine: Nine Time Travels,” “W” and “Queen In-hyun’s Man.”

The new fantasy-mystery TV series will air in the second half of the year. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com) 
  • Like 7

I'm so excited that my Binnie is coming back in dramaland, FINALLY! 

I've never imagined Park Shin Hye with Hyun Bin in the many years that i've watched both. This is a very surprising but interesting casting, in a good way. I think Hyun Bin shines the most in romantic comedy dramas but his melodramas are also good though they are not as valued as the romantic ones by the public. Cant wait to see how this one goes. I pray there will be good romantic chemistry between the two because as actors they are perfect to me.

• Like 9

On 5/8/2018 at 12:33 AM, verit said:

I recommend Secret Garden and Snow Queen. Both of theme is good dramas. I like Hyun Bin in melodrama rather romantic comedy.

hmmmm, let me see :tongue:  Watched Secret Garden, Snow Queen, Sam Soon, Late Autumn, Hyde, A Millionaire’s 1st Love, Confidential Agreement, Ireland.... oh no, am I his fan!  lol

Agree, he can do romcom, angst,, action... CA wows me with the stunts and humor @stroppyse can tell you more if she’s around :lol:

Looking forward to Negotiation.

@maris1  ohmygod.  I swear, that guy was playing the same song when I was there at Park Guell lol .  The song is Quien Sera or in English “Sway” (Michael Buble version is the popular one)  Have never seen PSH in action role so looking forward to it.  HB also does a lot of his own stunts in CA.

BTW, PD Ahn was present to accept the Baeksang Award Daesang for his last drama Stranger. He seemed very close to the cast at the awards show, they still meet regularly to hang out.  I would think everyone will get along nicely in this drama.

• Like 10

Memories of Alhambra confirms Hyun Bin & Park Shin Hye casting

ef5d872e-e420-4870-a3ac-fe401c4c2e14.jpg

Last month we shared Park Shin Hye is considering Hyun Bin's ‘Memories of the Alhambra.’ Yesterday, she confirmed to star in this upcoming tvN drama, which makes the biggest lineup for a K-drama we’ve seen in 2018 so far. “Shin Hye will stage a K-drama comeback after two years of absence through ‘Memories of the Alhambra’,” tvN shared yesterday. For Hyun Bin, this would be his comeback in three years.

"I'm already looking forward to filming this drama, because I loved the script,” The ‘Doctor Crush’ actress told CJ E&M yesterday. “My on-screen character Jung Hee Joo is a bit different from the characters I've done in the past, and I can’t wait to introduce you to her. Please stay tuned!"

In ‘Memories of the Alhambra,’ venture capitalist Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) travels to Granada, Spain, and spends a night in an old hostel run by Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye). In addition to two of South Korea’s top actors, the ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ team consists of producer Ahn Gil Ho of ‘Stranger (Secret Forest)’ and screenwriter Song Jae Jung of ‘Nine: Nine Time Travels’ and ‘W.’

https://www.dramafever.com/news/memories-of-alhambra-confirms-hyun-bin--park-shin-hye-casting/

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

hmmmm, let me see :tongue:  Watched Secret Garden, Snow Queen, Sam Soon, Late Autumn, Hyde, A Millionaire’s 1st Love, Confidential Agreement, Ireland.... oh no, am I his fan!  lol

Agree, he can do romcom, angst,, action... CA wows me with the stunts and humor @stroppyse can tell you more if she’s around :lol:

Looking forward to Negotiation.

LOL. I loved Confidential Assignment so much, I even wrote a movie review for it, and posted it to the movie thread, even though I know the movie threads aren't really read by many people. I was a one person spazz machine for that movie. :D 

What is Negotiation? Is that the movie that HB did with Yoo Ji Tae which was released as The Swindlers in English? Or is there another project called Negotiation that I've somehow missed?

I used to think that HB was better at melodrama than comedy since I prefered him in the indie arthouse films he did more than in SeGa. Something about his palpable vulnerability or something. I used to think that he tended to display a fragility to his characters that took them, regardless of the character, into that vulnerability. CA totally changed my mind on him, and perhaps it was his time in the military that changed him somewhat. In CA, he still displayed vulnerability, but now it was overlaid by a swagger and a coat of steel, and some of his stunts were really breathtaking.

Okay, enough spazzing about HB's past projects. I am looking forward to Alhambra, though I'm no longer sure of what I'm expecting to watch. I had thought that it was a fantasy-action-thriller, but I think the fantasy element was dropped, and the plot description seems to be evolving. Still, it seems to be a solid writer-director team, so I"ll have high hopes with a smidgeon of caution. The caution is because of the gorilla drama that I just can't seem to erase out of my mind. :)

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

On 5/9/2018 at 11:48 PM, stroppyse said:

LOL. I loved Confidential Assignment so much, I even wrote a movie review for it, and posted it to the movie thread, even though I know the movie threads aren't really read by many people. I was a one person spazz machine for that movie. :D 

What is Negotiation? Is that the movie that HB did with Yoo Ji Tae which was released as The Swindlers in English? Or is there another project called Negotiation that I've somehow missed?

I used to think that HB was better at melodrama than comedy since I prefered him in the indie arthouse films he did more than in SeGa. Something about his palpable vulnerability or something. I used to think that he tended to display a fragility to his characters that took them, regardless of the character, into that vulnerability. CA totally changed my mind on him, and perhaps it was his time in the military that changed him somewhat. In CA, he still displayed vulnerability, but now it was overlaid by a swagger and a coat of steel, and some of his stunts were really breathtaking.

Okay, enough spazzing about HB's past projects. I am looking forward to Alhambra, though I'm no longer sure of what I'm expecting to watch. I had thought that it was a fantasy-action-thriller, but I think the fantasy element was dropped, and the plot description seems to be evolving. Still, it seems to be a solid writer-director team, so I"ll have high hopes with a smidgeon of caution. The caution is because of the gorilla drama that I just can't seem to erase out of my mind. :)

Love what you wrote about the movie. I will differently give it a try. I want to be familiar with HB act. It will be my first. But, I sooo love him and Shin Hye together. Visually they can cause a heart attack(lol) , and I am sure the chemistry will be on point! Pray for a good plot, the comments are very promising, fingers cross ! Fighting !:)

• Like 8

On 5/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, stroppyse said:

Yay, I unleashed your fangirlism :tongue:  Me too, I like HB more in his dramatic roles, he’s a better actor than all his chaebol jerks chatacters.  These days, his look is more rugged and attitude more seasoned (like the older Tom Cruise).  The swagger is still there though, just more manly now.  The Negotiation is his upcoming movie with Son Ye-Jin.

I remember The Alhambra as a place of mystique.  All the inscriptions, epigraphs, carvings in the  palace, we have not yet translated and understood all.  Beneath the palace actually are dungeons where prisoners are kept while on top lived the Sultans. The channels, complex mazes, towers and courtyards were all eloborate.  I always thought that the place is magical cuz how can mortals build something like it.  The drama may have some magical elements, was it supposedly has augmented reality in the beginning? :)

Anyway, looking forward to possibly hearing PSH plays this guitar piece Recuerdos de la Alhambra ( Memories of Alhambra) since her character is a guitarist.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, seiram said:

EXO Chanyeol will reportedly join the cast of tvN drama 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' Younger brother of Park Shin Hye's character, he'd be a genius programmer

http://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=421&aid=0003367197 

cr. @OH_mes

We finally heard about casting. I am surprised for Chanyeol. I didnt expect an idol to be on the cast. But no doubt popularity of the drama will be increasing even more.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, seiram said:

EXO Chanyeol will reportedly join the cast of tvN drama 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' Younger brother of Park Shin Hye's character, he'd be a genius programmer

more info

Yesss im EXO-L here, im surprised to see Chanyeol getting his role for this tvN drama fighting Yeol-ahhh~ :blush:

• Like 9

EXO’s Chanyeol Confirmed To Join Park Shin Hye And Hyun Bin In New Drama

pv4luPt.jpg

EXO’s Chanyeol is returning to the small screen!

On May 12, a source from tvN confirmed that Chanyeol has been cast in tvN’s upcoming weekend drama “Memories of the Alhambra” starring Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin. The EXO member is appearing in a drama for the first time since “Missing 9” last year.

“Memories of the Alhambra” is a fantasy melodrama about investment company CEO Yoo Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin) who visits Spain and stays at a cheap hostel run by guitarist Jung Hee Joo (played by Park Shin Hye).

Chanyeol is playing the role of Jung Hee Joo’s younger brother Jung Sae Joo, a genius programmer who seems to live in his own little world. He closes up his heart after going through a tough childhood, so the only person he can talk to is his sister Jung Hee Joo.

“Memories of the Alhambra” is aiming to air in November.

soompi

• Like 9

11 hours ago, verit said:

We finally heard about casting. I am surprised for Chanyeol. I didnt expect an idol to be on the cast. But no doubt popularity of the drama will be increasing even more.

Each of them will be bring something special that will make this drama memorable , and will benefit for it. That is the beauty of the diversity ! The fans of them all,indeed , will be the beneficiaries ! It is my first time heard about him,  no offense , I am an ahjumma, know nothing about idols, but willing to learn! Any one can feed us, please! :D

• Like 8

His full name is Park Chanyeol, member of boyband EXO, so he's already have family name "Park", just like Shinhye. In real life, Shinhye and Chanyeol was already close, because they've been in the same circle of friends. Chanyeol closed to Shinhye boyfriend  Choi Taejoon, Zico (his clothing line, Nerdy, is Shinhye favorite), and Lee Jonghyun (CN Blue). Some fans also saw Shinhye and this circle of friend, attending EXO concert to support their friend DO and Chanyeol.

He's born in 1992, 2 year younger than Shinhye. He has one older sister, non celebrity though. I never watched his drama. But, i saw few shortclips of his drama from FMV in YouTube. I think he's quite good. Above all, he's very good looking guys with big eyes, just like Shinhye, and also very tall. I think it's about 186cm in height.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, NukeA said:

His full name is Park Chanyeol, member of boyband EXO, so he's already have family name "Park", just like Shinhye. In real life, Shinhye and Chanyeol was already close, because they've been in the same circle of friends. Chanyeol closed to Shinhye boyfriend  Choi Taejoon, Zico (his clothing line, Nerdy, is Shinhye favorite), and Lee Jonghyun (CN Blue). Some fans also saw Shinhye and this circle of friend, attending EXO concert to support their friend DO and Chanyeol.

He's born in 1992, 2 year younger than Shinhye. He has one older sister, non celebrity though. I never watched his drama. But, i saw few shortclips of his drama from FMV in YouTube. I think he's quite good. Above all, he's very good looking guys with big eyes, just like Shinhye, and also very tall. I think it's about 186cm in height.

Indeed, they are already a family! Awesome, it will be easy to act together . I hope they pick someone else within her circle of friends for 2nd brother! :)

• Like 5

Never seen Chanyeol in a drama before. To me it does not matter if one is an idol or an actor. The most important factor is their acting ability.

The actors feed off each other. If one is not at par with the other....it weakens a particular scene and hence the viewing experience. Therefore, I hope for a strong acting cast so that the story can come across the screen as the writer envisioned it.

@bedifferent   ......How awesome a memory of you seeing the guitarist play “Quein Sera” at Alhambra. All versions are beautiful but yes ...Michael Buble’s ‘Sway’ is definitely the best for me too.....Very excited even though have never been to Spain so cannot imagine how it must be for all who have been to Alhambra and Granada...

Am loving everyone who is sharing their personal experiences. By the time the drama starts in November it will seem as if we’ve been there...:blush:

@stroppyse   Thanks for all the input on HB....

Will definitely look into his movies based on your info before the start of the drama...

May I also express happiness at seeing so many old familiar faces and the many new ones making this forum come alive with their presence.. May it thrive even more with each passing day with more people, drama related news and discussions ...:grin:

May I also take this opportunity to wish all mothers a very happy mother’s day. May it be a joyous one for all. :heart:

• Like 6

[NAVER] EXO Chanyeol to join ‘Alhambra Palace’… Alongside Hyunbin and Park Shinhye

[+2179; -54] Park Chanyeol
hwaiting ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I look forward to your image as an actor

[+818; -11] Chanyeolie
hwaiting
i’ll look forward to you as an actor

[+508; -8] Chanyeol
hwaiting! I’ll look forward to it >_<!

[+405; -9] Heol
daebak Chanyeol, 
i’m totally looking forward to this!

[+361; -9] I’m looking forward to Chanyeol’s work! Hwaiting!!!!!

[+49; -3] Chanyeolie
hwaiting ❤ I’m cheering for you, 
i love you!  

[+44; -1]
Nowi have another drama to watch ㅠㅠㅠ Chanyeol ah ㅠㅠㅠ

[+39; -3] I remember him as the handsome and tall guy from ‘Missing 9’, this time he is going to act in a drama again~ I’ll look forward to ‘Alhambra Palace’ ^^

[+34; -1] Park Chanyeol, Park Shinhye and Hyunbin’s visual is already a landslide victory and a success. Chanyeol
ahhwaiting, Sejoo ya hwaiting.

[+27; -1] I have watched his previous works enjoyably
,soi’m looking forward to this as well! I am cheering for you! EXO Chanyeol hwaiting!

[
WEIBO] EXO Chanyeol to join ‘Alhambra Palace’… Alongside Hyunbin and Park Shinhye

Overall upvotes: +12 331

- Looking forward to Actor Park!!! He is finally coming T_T

- Wow!!! Actor Park
daebak!!!

-The
attackof the Park siblings

- I’ve
alwaysthink that it’s a waste if a person this handsome does not go into acting….

- Our Chan is finally collaborating withmy
mostfavourite female actress T_T

- Park Shinhye’s
dramaare all good dramas. Ahhhhh, EXO are on the road of becoming actors, they are dominating the market hahaha

- Is this true
,i’m crying

- Not only Park Chanyeol and Park Shinhye both share the surname Park, they look alike too with their big eyes and big ears

- I’m going to explode. I was already anticipating this drama,
nowi’m anticipating it even more… Chanyeol ah Park Shinhye ah, this is amazing

- Just this 3 persons visual is enough to carry the whole drama

-  It’s been awhile, Actor Park ❤

cr

• Like 6

On 13/05/2018 at 10:45 AM, NukeA said:

Correction, Chanyeol's sister Park Yoora is actually a Celebrity,

whatever their job confronting the camera is counted as a Celebrity. :blush:

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1