Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

On 1/26/2019 at 4:01 PM, wenchanteur said:

How even the end would disappoint you (and that's not certain), I just have to say a proverb:
It's not the goal that counts, it's the path.
If you take it that way, you'll see that this drama is phenomenal.

i shall wait it out a bit....i will probably really take it up however maybe not now when my schedule are damn pack at the moment lols

On 1/26/2019 at 6:50 PM, ned_lee said:

@angelangie you may start the drama just temporarily put all online fback on the cupboard somewhere or if there's any indon dungeon available. :sweatingbullets:

hahaha....lets see first....i honestly love the gaming concept of the drama which is the main reason why i wanted to start on it....and i will when my schedule lighten up :) 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rori0711 said:

have i disturb your rest? hahaha

Not at all... just a mild frantic attack :P 

@Kasmic I recommended my little brother to watch also when we were still halfway through. I don't know if he's started or not, or whether he will start a netflix subscription :lol: I will share his reaction when he finally got back to me

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Lee Re, Hyun Bin X Park Shin Hye were the atmosphere makers

cr: TV Report/  PSHB @nlsinz11 6h6 hours ago

Dx5yL_RV4AAQIPs.jpg

Dx5yMK1VAAAumre.jpg

Dx5yM9bVsAAHqqJ.jpg

P.S. Seriously?! none post MoA interview from Hyun Bin & Park Shinhye  *sigh*  

• Like 5
  • Love 3

18 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Wow, what a nice ep. 17:w00t:      

It started with another flashback of bathroom scene in the ep 16.

Cr: Dramabeans - MOA

(That scene was so funny, all other players in good manners, patiently in the line waiting to get their first sword. :lol:)

I'm imagining the players discussing on how to get the swords (and they spill the secret among new players behind them). 

I bet the key to get the sword is not by pulling the towel handle on the wall (just like JW did) - forget it, we don't use towel at public washroom. So more likely they have to flush the toilet at least twice, then the sword coming from the attic.

(Just Kidding....it's all in my dream!!)

Wew...first weekend without JinWoo, hope he's doing okay.

:lol:

I didn't complain when the writer wrote so many crying scenes for Heejoo because I could easily justify each and every one of them (don't make me bore you with my analysis, lol), but this scene, @PororoQueen is downright sexist:naughty:

Alhambra16-00320.jpg

pic credit: dramabeans

I bet you didn't see it, right?

Look again. How in the world would women acquire the sword if the darn sword was in the MEN'S restroom?

Let's file a lawsuit now for sexual discrimination and seek equal access to men's restrooms. :phew:

@angelangie

I loved the show although it's vastly different from the last kdrama we watched together. You've never let critics stopped you from liking what you like, so this one shouldn't either.  Read my blog if you need help understanding some points along the way. You know me, I wouldn't steer you wrong.... :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

After having worked more than 15 hours since yesterday, I have just finished this epic episode I mentioned earlier.
A hell of a marathon during which I didn't take many breaks! So with the enthusiasm, I can't help but talk about it and annoy everyone.

In a half-hour episode, 13 flashbacks, only 3 of which are reminders of previous scenes, necessary to understand the action. Temporality is a relatively respected one, except for two or three that do not respect the real chronology, but it gives a good effect.

It's not as unstructured as what Song Jae-Jung does, but it still has a hell of a face!

The division of the scenes is extreme, 36 scenes, where usually there are only 20.
This is a rather good sign, because it corresponds more to a real cinematographic cut-out.
Episodes of "W" season 1 often have 70 to 75 scenes, spread over one hour.

I think back to episode 15 of MOA which is totally hallucinating from a flashback sequence point of view, and their completely anarchic chronology. Now it's clear that I'm very far from that. Fortunately, because I realize that my episode is immediately more difficult to understand in simple reading. On the screen, however, it would pass, and I could take more risks. At least if I would be able to do so.

If Song Jae-Jung rewrote my episode, it would be hot, the audience would pay high prices, there would be tears!

EDIT: I just found some correct French subtitles. I'm going to watch the drama again right now. ^^

EDIT AGAIN: As I watch the drama again, episode 1, at the 24th minute.
JW takes free ramyuns offered by Hotel Bonita.
They are identical to those of the Korean meal I told you about.
Pasta to soak in boiling water + two sachets containing the ingredients for the soup.
You can clearly see JW unfold one of these bags and throw the contents into the hot water.

EDIT AAAGAIN: You remember the conversation that took place here.
Some people wondered how JW could hear the sounds, while using JOne lenses.
Episode 1, 32nd minute: you can clearly see his earpieces!!!!! YO! YO!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Damn! I missed MoA. :bawling: It's hurts so bad but i won't have it any other way  

So painful yet gratifying, how could you wreck me like this Jinwoo ah & Heejoo ah?!  Ottoke???

Hyun Bin ah, Shinhye ah...you're accountable too you know..you act freakin' real...SJJ, wae?! I can't!!!:crazy:

cr:  Unicorn Heart

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

27 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

@rori0711

Just re-watch it. :)

count on it. i will bet again and again just to experience the thrill and feels of MoA :) How could the romance overtakes the game, i don't know only SJJ can :w00t: Faith really overpowers technology. I love it's perfect blend of mystery/ action/ suspense and melodrama romance. :wub:

Ramyun FTW! let me take a look at that and check out if our grocery have the same :lol: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

36 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

count on it. i will bet again and again just to experience the thrill and feels of MoA :) How could the romance overtakes the game, i don't know only SJJ can :w00t: Faith really overpowers technology. I love it's perfect blend of mystery/ action/ suspense and melodrama romance. :wub:

Ramyun FTW! let me take a look at that and check out if our grocery have the same :lol: 

Okay, but in that case, you should see W as a whole! It's even more richard simmons up!
I almost forgot you didn't finish it. What episode did you get into?

Honestly, ramyuns are not terrible.
On the other hand.... Kimchi.... AHHHHHH KIMCHI.
it was so amazing the kimchi!!!!!!!!
I understand why they eat it at every meal!
I guess with habit, their buttocks don't hurt anymore the next morning...........

EDIT :

The clifhanger from the first episode is so funny!
I notice that the scene has some details that make it emblematic.
Rather than a simple confrontation in the kitchen, the heroine stands on a table with a broom.
This adds a lot of charm to the situation.
Also, in a way, she has HJ has a lot more height than JW. Moreover, she has to bend down to his level when she cries, always on the table.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, packmule3 said:

@angelangie

I loved the show although it's vastly different from the last kdrama we watched together. You've never let critics stopped you from liking what you like, so this one shouldn't either.  Read my blog if you need help understanding some points along the way. You know me, I wouldn't steer you wrong.... :rolleyes:

no worries....it did make me pull my handbreak a lil to be honest lols...however i love games genre so i will still watch them :D 

and maybe i find some point to convince myself of the ending later when i come to it :D 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Okay, but in that case, you should see W as a whole! It's even more richard simmons up!
I almost forgot you didn't finish it. What episode did you get into?

Spoiler

Honestly, ramyuns are not terrible.
On the other hand.... Kimchi.... AHHHHHH KIMCHI.
it was so amazing the kimchi!!!!!!!!
I understand why they eat it at every meal!
I guess with habit, their buttocks don't hurt anymore the next morning...........

EDIT :

The clifhanger from the first episode is so funny!
I notice that the scene has some details that make it emblematic.
Rather than a simple confrontation in the kitchen, the heroine stands on a table with a broom.
This adds a lot of charm to the situation.
Also, in a way, she has HJ has a lot more height than JW. Moreover, she has to bend down to his level when she cries, always on the table.

only ep2 of W. must give some love to my darling Lee Jongsukkie too 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rori0711 said:

How can we move on :sweatingbullets: now I also want ramyun after thinking of how to earn fast enough to travel to Granada^_^

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, rori0711 said:

only ep2 of W. must give some love to my darling Lee Jongsukkie too 

There's a hell of a riddle in your story... How did you manage to see only the first two episodes without stopping you from seeing the whole drama?!!!
It is worth repeating the drama from the beginning by reviewing the first two episodes, if you saw them a long time ago.
They are very well polished. Especially episode two. I will have trouble defining what my favorite episodes are in this drama. He's fabulous from all over. Even the episode supposed to be a little softer contains some fabulous scenes.
I particularly liked episodes 2, 8 and 9.
The only thing I don't like is happening from episode 9 to 10. There is a scene that we see in flashback 3 times, and it's one too many times, even if it's fast enough. It's the only notable flaw I find in the whole drama.
As I did the subtitles in French, I also put a marker for the beginning of the real episode, because they often contain at the beginning the end of the scene of the previous episode. It's quite painful when you see the drama many times over.

I watched the first two episodes of MOA again yesterday. It's such a pleasure with a good translation. I can finally enjoy the drama at 100%!
Some scenes are better when you see them again. For example, the scene where JW sees his former wife again on the way to the train station. This encounter has a certain nervous tension and you can feel the emotion of this kind of encounter. When you don't know the story, you have trouble gauging it.
At the end of episode 2, the flashforward is announced by JW's voiceover, which extends to the beginning of the scene. That makes me think I should use this trick.

Voice-overs are a process that is often criticized as easy or inappropriate. However, there are a lot of works that use this. Comics, for example. Frank Miller's use a lot of them. (Sin city).
SJJ uses them in small strokes.
- Gradually, my message began to drift like a shipwrecked raft.
In W, at the end of episode 3, or when Yoon-Jo does the dishes in episode 6, giving one of the most beautiful scenes in emotion.
- If someone read that, they would probably have trouble understanding why I was telling them other things at the same time as they was reading. But I thought it was a rather strange and interesting form of experience. Even though I was going to look crazy one more time.
In MOA, there are more voice-overs. I find this exceptional to restore a form of emotion, and to enter more into the subjectivity and spirit of a character. In a drama, unlike a book, no one is there to tell what's going on in the characters' heads. So the voice-over is good for that.
- I often wondered if this effect was disturbing for the main scene when you read it. Of course, on a screen it would pass more easily, during a silent scene. But with a description, the texts overlapped.
I find that the voice-overs that speak from the future are particularly strong in emotion. It's a form of flashforward. As the scene takes place in the present, but the voice-over comes from the future, it adds a dimension of fatality to the story. Or something tragic, melancholic.
- Oh, here you go! There was the moment when I was talking to them about voiceovers from the future. At that moment, there was still a semblance of life on this forum. But we all felt it was dusk. Many of us had difficulty saying goodbye to both drama and forum.
I quickly got used to using them in a natural way. I realize that I use very little overall, but that they come at the right time. On a stage, the voice-over really has something to make you cry about.
However, I misused their context at first. We need images to show, but I forgot that. Now I have the reflex to take this into account better. But I don't always know what to do: print the voice-over on a scene in progress, and place the voice-over on a series of flashbacks.
- Flashbacks and slideshows of images with a song played was much better on the screen. I was quite sad that I couldn't reproduce this form of emotion in a script. I think that the voice-over from the future was one of the few ways I had found, by quickly wiping a sentence at the beginning of the scene, such as "montage: various flashbacks".
On a scene in progress, it's not easy, I have to insert the description of the scene, with voice-over sentences, in small packets. To give an example of what it looks like, I did it on this message. You finally have the explanation....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, packmule3 said:

:lol:

I didn't complain when the writer wrote so many crying scenes for Heejoo because I could easily justify each and every one of them (don't make me bore you with my analysis, lol), but this scene, @PororoQueen is downright sexist:naughty:

pic credit: dramabeans

I bet you didn't see it, right?

Look again. How in the world would women acquire the sword if the darn sword was in the MEN'S restroom?

Let's file a lawsuit now for sexual discrimination and seek equal access to men's restrooms. :phew:

@angelangie

@packmule3 Hahaha we would love to have Ladies bathroom scene for female players to find their level 1 swords, it will be a chaos don't you think? - I'm amaze with our writer's preference, she uses bathroom or train toilet often for zinu's sanctuary, which is funny.

8 hours ago, lduc said:

Daebak ratings :wub: we knew this drama is amazing from the start .....

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

@packmule3 Hahaha we would love to have Ladies bathroom scene for female players to find their level 1 swords, it will be a chaos don't you think? - I'm amaze with our writer's preference, she uses bathroom or train toilet often for zinu's sanctuary, which is funny.

It's a hasty judgment.
In an interview, SJJ revealed that for female players, objects also appear in the women's toilet.
A hairbrush durability 50.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OMO have you seen these..more wrap up party pics. :heart:

Courtesy of our beautiful kind hearted PSH...who knows many of us misses them and werent too happy about the ending of MOA. These updates just made my day :tounge_wink:

HJ and JW did meet in reality :wub:

Sisters forever :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 4