Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

I plan to watch one of the last two episodes under very special conditions.

{Flashback}
With a co-worker, we exchange gifts at Christmas.

I give her a gift card that she can use for her young son.

She is of Asian origin and lives in the Asian district of Paris, which has specialized stores.

She brought me a Korean meal.
{End Flashback}

This :

Spoiler

81VC5H67DLL._SX522_.jpg

Soju_jinro_gfdl.jpg

5fd540b8-ce65-447d-b218-421553b322cf_1.c

Absolutely not an expensive or gourmet meal. I asked her just the opposite.

The basic meal you see in all dramas!  :glasses:

Note that soju is very strong: 17.5° of alcohol. The bottle is 375ml.
In "the good doctor" drama, the chief surgeon drinks a whole bottle when he goes on a lunch break, and he starts a second one. Then he goes back to surgery.... Fortunately, he is helped by an autistic and mentally retarded hero. ^^

• LOL 8

23 hours ago, ecristino_at_ymail.com_stv said:

I'm going to watch this drama till the end because of PSH!Nothing more..nothing less.!:blush:

Good for you!

I think she's doing great. Here's what I think about the fake controversy that she's only an "add-on" to the show. I actually she's the BONUS that made a difference to the story. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/17/memories-of-the-alhambra-much-ado-about-nothing-and-heejoo/

As for the love story angle, I'm in. I haven't commented on the romance angle before (although a few asked me to write about it) because I wasn't sold. But as of Episode 14, I'm on board the OTP train.   

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/17/memories-of-the-alhambra-the-love-story/

As for the criticisms about flashback, here's my take on it:

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/16/memories-of-the-alhambra-on-flashbacks-and-hedges/

And if you're watching the kdrama on Netflix and keep seeing this shot in the Opening Credit, THIS isn't a picture of a garden in Alhambra.  

uKYglap.jpg?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

It's a garden in Blenheim Palace outside Oxford, England. :) The hedges actually spell out B-L-E-N-H-E-I-M.  If you read it like a clock, then B is positioned at 1:00, L is at 2:00 and so on. To me, it goes to show you one of the  key messages of the kdrama -- that is, NOT to trust in the appearance of things because what you see may not be real. 

Please feel free to read at your leisure. My writing can be hard going at times but I hope these will help give audience another perspective on issues about the kdrama which I'm enjoying very much. 

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4

@Kasmic 

Maybe the most unwise decision i did while watching MotA was clicking the writer's interview articles/trans and reading it.

My expectations after each week's eps was already dwindling to non-existence. And the interview just poured water on the embers of my enthusiasm. 

alhambra-03-00176.jpg

cr: DB

Anyways...i just realized how nice PSH's hair is while searching for zombie cha pics :sweatingbullets:

48391822_381239535780911_268819723717496

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

33 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

Thank you @packmule3 interesting read as usual:)

You know me. I deal with the controversies. :naughty:

I was trying to answer your old post but I didn't know how to pull up that one and answer this at the same time. Re. Mr. Park. No, he didn't seem like the villain to me but who knows? He and that ex-wife could be having an affair now. pwahahaha. It's funny how evil characters in kdramas can have a carousel for a bed; they switch partners so often, you don't know who they're really sleeping with.  :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

8 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

You know me. I deal with the controversies. :naughty:

I was trying to answer your old post but I didn't know how to pull up that one and answer this at the same time. Re. Mr. Park. No, he didn't seem like the villain to me but who knows? He and that ex-wife could be having an affair now. pwahahaha. It's funny how evil characters in kdramas can have a carousel for a bed; they switch partners so often, you don't know who they're really sleeping with.  :D

My old post about how Mr. Park was always the loyal friend/secretary/subordinate? If that affair happens, I don't think I'll be disappointed, but it'll really shocked me just because his roles were always the loyal one to main lead LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

6 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

My old post about how Mr. Park was always the loyal friend/secretary/subordinate? If that affair happens, I don't think I'll be disappointed, but it'll really shocked me just because his roles were always the loyal one to main lead LOL

I don't think he has the stomach for an affair. I'm basing this on JW's observation that Park couldn't keep a straight face. Remember? When they went out to lunch?

JW said that Park would have a hard time being a CEO because he didn't have a poker face (or words to that effect). JW thought that Park was too honest and his face was such an easy read.  

Now, if JW's assessment of his old friend is reliable and correct, then Park won't be able to keep a stoic face too when he's having an affair. :)

But as always, I'm keeping my options open....

• Like 10

@packmule3 beautiful post! I felt so ‘awwww’ at the romance angle you wrote on :wub:

i am waiting to see how all this unfolds before I make any more inputs on anything -_-

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I consider my self as lucky to be active on this thread, coz all of you here are super passionate and I must say smart on what you believes in.

@packmule3 you got me on your gold fish with 2 dimples. You have a very refreshing take in dissecting drama narratives.

@Kasmic I'm cool using my zombie panpan for another wk (if and when my choice is :crazy:

Have a nice weekend to you all and hope to exchange post with you later B)

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

At the final chapter Do you think MOH is magical game or  Trap for the our hero JW?:crazy:

My answer will be a trap :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

I consider my self as lucky to be active on this thread, coz all of you here are super passionate and I must say smart on what you believes in.

@packmule3 you got me on your gold fish with 2 dimples. You have a very refreshing take in dissecting drama narratives.

@Kasmic I'm cool using my zombie panpan for another wk (if and when my choice is :crazy:

Have a nice weekend to you all and hope to exchange post with you later B)

Well, he was either a goldfish with 2 dimples or a goldfish with extra big cheeks. 

Spoiler

Related image

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@packmule3 beautiful post! I felt so ‘awwww’ at the romance angle you wrote on :wub:

i am waiting to see how all this unfolds before I make any more inputs on anything -_-

Why? You don't think there's a happily-ever-after?  :D I'm fine with that, too, you know. I tell myself that I'll be okay with a clean finish as long as it isn't the "Third Charm" sort of ending where the couple were really better off living apart from each other. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

26 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

I don't think he has the stomach for an affair. I'm basing this on JW's observation that Park couldn't keep a straight face. Remember? When they went out to lunch?

JW said that Park would have a hard time being a CEO because he didn't have a poker face (or words to that effect). JW thought that Park was too honest and his face was such an easy read.  

Now, if JW's assessment of his old friend is reliable and correct, then Park won't be able to keep a stoic face too when he's having an affair. :)

But as always, I'm keeping my options open....

He would be found out long ago if JW's assessment is right:P

This is what I should engrave in my head when watching, keeping my options open, especially if I'm not the one making/writing the story:lol::sweatingbullets:

by the way, the goldfish with extra big cheeks picture is weird and scary for me:tears:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

26 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

He would be found out long ago if JW's assessment is right:P

This is what I should engrave in my head when watching, keeping my options open, especially if I'm not the one making/writing the story:lol::sweatingbullets:

It's okay, too, to take a stand on something and say, "This and no further!" or "No, I don't buy that" or "This writer is loopy."  That's why I watch kdramas like I'm dating the writer. If she/he doesn't pass the test after...say... six episodes, then I'm outta that relationship. 

But with this writer, I was determined to finish it to the end because of the many unfavorable things I heard about her after "W". I liked the first half of "W" but I wasn't able to finish it. I went overseas and couldn't access kdramas. By the time I returned home, people were already panning it. I thought the fault was in the audience for not understanding the show, and not the writer for not writing a better script. lol.

For me, the onus of interpretation is always on the viewers. It's up to us to derive or to create meaning. The writer always has the message and director communicates it. But if we don't get it, then we don't get it. :) 

Take the crying for instance. People complained that HJ cries a lot. lol. (I think there's a purpose there but 'll write about it later.) But these same people don't complain that JW runs a lot. :blink:  Didn't you notice? In like every other scene, he's running!! Ooooeeemmmgeee!! What's wrong with him?!!! If I see him run around the corner one more time, I'm going to holler. Can't he just like stroll down the street or pretend that he's a potted plant so he doesn't waste energy?

See that?  To me, it's funny what viewers pick up on and nitpick.  Okay, laters! Gotta unpack my bags. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

@packmule3  lol I am good with any ending as long as it is not a staring one, an open one and a heartbreaking one. Otherwise I’d rather be a NPC :joy: 

but truth be told, I am waiting to see how this writer will tie everything up, beginning to end ;)

• Like 2
  • LOL 5