Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Wait you just confused me? whats your answer? :joy:

Is it Poll 1:  Yes and Poll 2: SJ ?

Yes:sweat_smile:

Poll 1: Yes

Poll 2: Seju

I also love the coat♡♡ But I'm short too:tears:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

I love PHS coat here..*sigh* Im short so I cant pull it off as well as her

I am so in love with this particular coat too... I would buybit if I see one like that. Reminded me of all the beautiful coats of female lead in Black Knight. It also reminded me of a dress with similar cut which I bought loooong time ago when I was young, but the sleeves and collar is a bit different. Needless to say, I can't fit into it anymore, but I still keep it, because it's made of a good fabric that felt so soft and one of my pricier purchase considering my age then. 

As for the poll, let me think about it. I want to guess but I think I will end up with a zombie, lol, and I am not ready to change my PP :( 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@Kasmic, the problem is that I don't want to change my DP. I like my little Baby Kermit, and I was traumatized the one and only time I had to change it because of a bet. :D

If I were playing, I would answer Yes for Poll question 1, and request a clarification on Poll question 2. So, does Poll question 2 mean who will figure out why players who die in the game regenerate as NPCs? Or who will cause the game to rectify itself? Or who caused the "error" in the first place?

I know it's terribly rude of me, but I'm not really taking part in the poll. Sorry. My translations, analyses and gushing over the drama will have to be sufficient. But, the poll does sound like a lot of fun. :)

ha i like my dp too.

I would love if they tell us why the players get regenerated as NPC and why it is specific to the ones who killed the players.

Does that btw now that Prof Cha is JW's ally that Secretary Seo like NPC is gone?

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

@stroppyse Ive lost many bets before so I know your pain of losing your profile pic even if its for a week lol! Ask @bebebisous33 Ive also lost count but all I know she's the one whom mostly wins lol! I think we should wait for her to place her bet and follow suit. :joy:

I was going to suggest a zombie kermit for you but then he looks horrific...better not

Reveal hidden contents

3bc26f058de7987b96a117347e236142.png and you dont want to see the rest :crazy:

I took the question for poll 2 from tvN and since Im not a Daum member my vote wont count so I decided to create one here.

With this IG, I understood the question as who (out of SJ, JW and Emma) will be the key person to solve the error in the game? I initially thought it should be all 3 of them as you cant have one without the other - SJ is the game creator, JW levelled up to 100 thus he begins the quest and Emma ??? I havent figured that out and crap I chose her. :joy: I think I better get my zombie ready :joy:

It's not so much as to who, how or why the game became dangerous in creating deaths and zombie NPCs. I hope that makes sense to you or anyone here. 

Please you dont have to join, its all open to anyone to take part. No pressure :P and yes, your insights, translations and gushing is more than enough for many of us here. THANKS again for them. :thumbsup:

HELLO!

I pop out of nowhere.

I am surprise to even get tagged since I dont participate in the thread :P

But I will jump in on the poll for good fun.

Though I really dont wanna change my dp :P but anwayys for poll 1... YES

as for poll 2 - base on your clarification my guess is who is the key person.

I am truly torn between Emma and SJ, Emma has to serve a purpose soooooo I am going to go with...

EMMA for now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

lol "KEY" written over chaneyol is like..

Oh yeah!. marco also has a little brother.. "Key".. cue enter Key (shinee)

Hail SM entertainment!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Hola!

@Kasmic 

Poll 1 - Yes

Poll 2 - Emma. I vote HJ but she's not among the choices.

Geez, will we get the answer for poll 1 this week? Will i get zombie avvie? hahaha whatever i'm in for some fun :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Poll question 1 : Will He Joo be apart of the game? Yes or No? Choose one answer and sorry no changes allowed. Make your wise choice. Polls starts now and will end before each episode is aired live. It will reopen after each episode and only if the answer isnt revealed.

Poll question 2 : Who is the final key to solve the "Alhambra" game error? Is it SJ, JW or HJ? Choose one character and sorry no changes allowed. Make your wise choice. Polls starts now and will end before each episode is aired live. It will reopen after each episode and only if the answer isnt revealed.

1. Yes, she will. I'm not sure tho. Hahaa... 

2. Only one? ;) SJ is the final key and JW and HJ are solving it together. That's my choice. :lol:

3 hours ago, Kasmic said:

and @stargazer187 yep that cut wound in those preview stills. I think that happened when JW was confronting Prof Cha and the swarm of Joseon soldiers and ninjas we're coming to them/ JW. In the preview, you also see JW driving away but he was surrounded by the NPCs and that cut was there too. 

Right, I saw the preview again and he'll fight those NPCs attack. Last episode shows when the server is back online. All those NPCs are rushing around the area. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Kasmic you are very welcome. I pray for it too. may God hear us :wub:

ahhhh it's so important to analyze both of the episode 13 preview and the still cut pics. here I am ready to give my vote but not ready to lose HAHAHAHAHA uh oh I'm in doubt, should I take some time to think again? XD

I'm torn bcz:

1. Hee Joo can see Emma, talk with her and hear her answer. how? does Yang Joo help her someway with that "Hi J" gadget so she can see Emma without lens? or she wears it, so she can see Emma but it means she joins the game :sweatingbullets: (oh another idea pops out! how about Yang Joo makes a special setting for Hee Joo, so she only uses the lens to see Emma and can't join the game as Jin Woo's request).

2. the episode 13 preview (when Hee Joo talks to Jin Woo, and Jin Woo looks clean) probably it's Hee Joo's side of view. and the still cut (when Jin Woo looks in some dirt and wound it's Jin Woo's side of view.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Poll question 1 : Will He Joo be apart of the game? Yes or No? Choose one answer and sorry no changes allowed. Make your wise choice. Polls starts now and will end before each episode is aired live. It will reopen after each episode and only if the answer isnt revealed.

Poll question 2 : Who is the final key to solve the "Alhambra" game error? Is it SJ, JW or HJ? Choose one character and sorry no changes allowed. Make your wise choice. Polls starts now and will end before each episode is aired live. It will reopen after each episode and only if the answer isnt revealed.

I am in for the fun! :D

Poll question 1: Yes

Poll question 2: Yes

:rolleyes:

To me HJ is the Master!B)

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@Kasmic

You forgot to tag me so i am crashing this party...!!! Lol :D hope u don’t mind :)

Poll 1:  i feel yes, but that would be too obvious...plus i think JW wont let HJ join the game due to the risk he knows she might be facing if he allows him to join... so i will go with NO!

Poll 2: having said my poll 1 reasoning, i believe even not in the game, it wil HJ (EMMA) who will be the key. 

There...!!! Now....is it Saturday yet???

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kasmic

Poll 1 ...No

Poll 2 ....Emma

I really don't want to change zoombi profile. Haha.Hope I win .

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, your answer is so interesting that I can't help but answer it. I hope that this is not considered as "off-topic" by the forum rules, as it is a discussion about the author of the drama. For safety, I spoil my answers.

7 hours ago, siddy09 said:

Now coming to the real issue here which is SJJ being a woman yet her female character HeeJu is merely a card board cut-out and only there to make Jin Woo look great. I did not find this particular issue with W's female lead OYJ, she was always an equal, if not less comrade, partner in solving the mystery of two worlds. Many a times it was her only who saved KC through her insight and intelligence. Yet, I do agree that she did suffer. However, at times I do  fail to understand why wasn't HeeJu given a more substantial role since the very beginning. Is it because MOA is JinWoo's life narration but so was the case with YJ in W. Or is it because there never was any scope for her since gaming is mostly a masculine phenomena. 

Spoiler

Indeed, Yoon-Jo is mostly wearing the drama W.
Having reached episode 12 of MOA, we can say that HJ is a main character who tends to be secondary. I guess she'll have a part in the end, but the damage is already done. On the other hand, it is the spectator accustomed to traditional dramas who sees this as a problem. Why on earth in a drama, should the female role have an equal share? It's a Korean drama rule. Why would an author who seems to be taking serious liberties with these rules, in all her dramas, and having a serious step back from that? As a dramaturgy expert, does she always have to comply with these rules?  

If in MOA, the story itself unfolds in the author's mind, but it turns out that the female character does not actively participate in lots of intrigues for 12 episodes, but that this respects the logic of the story, why should the character be more important? It is giving it more importance than it should have that would make story a forced story. The worst thing is to accuse the rarer moments (such as kissing) of forced moments. Maybe the spectator's mind is Manichean? Either he wants a heroine who is equal in terms of action and appearance, or he doesn't want one. There are a very large number of stories where heroin is secondary, but also decisive.

I am rereading "Lancelot, chevalier de la charette", written in the Middle Ages by Chrétien de Troye (around 1100), during my stays in the WC. The story of passionate love between lancelot and Guinevere, queen and wife of the king arthur. Halfway through the book, Guinevere has still not appeared in the story, which relates Lancelot's journeys.  The love story is very intense, however, and essential to the story, but it is a perfect example of a character who is not equally involved.

bold

I agree with this. Both W and MOA has this particular characteristic. I am not sure why, but I can only contemplate; writers often embody their own life experiences and acquaintances in the characters they create. Their characters and expression often manifest a close relative, friend, forbidden love, failed relationship, betrayal etc. That's why when analysing a poet's poetry, we Literature students are required to make a comparison with his/her life history as well. Dominant male figures and female suffering could have been a feature of writer SJJ's life. 

Spoiler

While writing, I was convinced that I had succeeded in giving my characters character traits independent of mine, I had this deep desire because I wanted to tell a story, not use writing as a form of psychological therapy. I was horrified to find that I had been wrong after a while. That I had indeed put my personality into it (some characters are quite scary), and that one of the villains was an allegory of one of my flaws. I had also put a lot of the personality of people I had met into it.

Since I' d never written a Korean drama story before, I also made some interesting discoveries. In all Korean dramas, in a love triangle, the character who is rejected is condemned to suffer throughout the drama. It is a very particular feature of kdramas, romantic stories rarely have suspense, we know who will succeed in the love story. When I had a character of this type to describe, I followed the Korean drama pattern, as long as my story agreed with that (I wouldn't have done it otherwise). I then discovered the incredible sadistic pleasure and extreme jubilation of abusing such characters. It's a very funny thing to write!

SJJ must certainly have fun too, when she describes the suffering of her characters. Maybe a guilty pleasure, since she came to apologize for having made Oh Yoon-Jo suffer so much in an interview. I love this scriptwriter, she is so invested in her work, that she ends up having such real compassion for her characters that she apologizes publicly, as if the character had become alive, that he could come out of his work, and find her at her house angry, while she pours herself a glass of whiskey.
(Crash!  Jae-Jung drops the glass that breaks on the floor, a woman has just appeared, half hidden in the shadows.)
Yoon-Jo - "Author Song Jae-Jung? Yes, it is you, I had a feeling it was you. So, this is where you created me? With your ridiculous fingers, playing God..."

In an interview, SJJ said that her life, the people she met, was a fuel for her stories. Especially her parents. It is very difficult to know the author's share of himself and his family. Perhaps the relationships she often describes in her dramas are those of the family model she experienced? I don't know anything about that. In W, I often wondered if SJJ was embodied in Oh Sung-Moo. That doesn't mean she's got all the character or she's that scary! After all, she certainly also put herself into the others. Just personality traits, as scary as everyone else on earth has them. They are not serious in the context of an ordinary life, but unfold and amplify dramatically in a story.

• Like 8

The proposed game is very fun, and thank you for having this idea. I don't have the ability to participate, because I have refused any form of anticipation of the story, which I see as a baby to whom you give the bottle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome all those new to this thread! :D

Keep the votes coming and I'll continue to edit that page for our results.  I'll also repost those results at a later date. THANK YOU ALL! :P

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Right, I saw the preview again and he'll fight those NPCs attack. Last episode shows when the server is back online. All those NPCs are rushing around the area. 

I  think that the program is setting all those NPCs to find JW and kill him. It's quite strange that as soon as the server is on, those NPCs are instantly on the move. IT also happened earlier during the police roadblock. A snipper appeared and attacked JW. I thought the players were meant to find them as that is how they level up. I also remember seeing some fan IG posts of HB roaming around Seoul in the exact brown jacket and holding his gun. Im assuming those scenes are showing how his hunting those NPCs to level up or his finding something.

Anyway, here's something for some laughs. 

ME: When the police pulls me over 

Spoiler

DwhZGxvUYAAVLFz.jpg

This tells me that Ive been watching too much Kdrama :joy:

DwQAvJJUUAAEZHH.jpg

Spoiler

DwQAvj2U0AAPvym.jpg

DwQAv8GUYAA_cqW.jpg

ME when Im told that one of my OTP isnt single?

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=13147723

*sigh* its just Thursday :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

1 hour ago, alcides14ahjumma said:

I am in for the fun! :D

Poll question 1: Yes

Poll question 2: Yes

:rolleyes:

To me HJ is the Master!B)

Poll 2: who did you choose - HJ, SJ or JW. Oh your going rogue - HJ? 

@KymberleeD Im so sorrry..... I'll pop you in and I wont forget you in my future tags. :blush:

@wenchanteur Oh....ummm that's deep :joy: Sorry Im not a writer :P :vicx: no offense taken 

Some more stills... the golden key. It looks like JW is showing it to HJ. She can see it too? 

2019011101000752600056911_20190110140420

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003366949

• Like 10
  • LOL 1