Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, alcides14ahjumma said:
Cr: the owner

Emma or the Master or/and SJ? :rolleyes:

I think it will be real people with torches . The people hee joo called them at the end.

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Since the wait for Saturday is long and daunting, so I ended up listening to the OSTs of MOA(on repeat mode:phew:). Although, OSTs rarely give any hints of the plot but I was particularly hooked by the lyrics of the latest OST sung by George. It starts with a question, 'is this a terrible dream?' and the reply is "I am afraid that it is reality". Hence, the rhetoric question that most of us ask, that whether JW's condition is due to hallucinations or whether it will end up being a pooff..dream; I can safely say that it won't be the case.

Then there is another question later in the song, 'will the morning still come?'. This is more like, we fans asking whether there will be a happy ending or not, and although the song doesn't answer this question but it does hint to something more positive. It says in the next line that,' even after this moment(dark) and the long night has passed..I am the one who doesn't fall apart or change'. It probably is eluding to the fact that it is indeed a dark and long night(more like the long night of GOT:rolleyes:) but when it is finally over, JW would be of those who don't end up being 'changed' or in other words turned into some character of game. 

This song is particularly interesting because it translates what JinWoo actually feels when he is vulnerable and that there is nothing but 'cold air' which surrounds him. Overcome by fear and this strange, unknown feeling, he doesn't want to open his eyes. I think it refers to his own suppressed fears and emotions that he is reluctant to address. 

Then there is this OST sung by Loco and Seungeun which also has English lyrics, 'I will lead you with light'.. 'light' is probably the flashlights that will rescue JW courtesy HeJu..hehe..

Surprisingly, this show has meaningful, well thought out lyrics and they are not just random. After Kill me, heal me's OST lyrics, only MOA's lyrics have managed to impress me..

Do listen..:)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Is there anybody else who doesn't like SB?

This man needs to know his place and also realize he doesn't have a chance with HJ.

I'm neutral about him. I dont feel anything that makes me want to punch him. I thought what he said to JW was ok if seen from his perspective but i don't agree with his actions. Maybe he was too enraged or whatever feeling he feels. Maybe he does feel emotianally attached to HJ and her family as a secondary family member. I dont see him having a crush eventhough the character description says so, i see him as overly concerned with HJ and thats all.

I do think it is plausible that SB might be the third person involved in the game as some of here have speculated. 

6 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

@enigmatic_zephy I'm not discriminating. I don't excuse JW's actions but SB should not be hitting a crippled person regardless. Also a man should not put his hands on a woman for any reason (pushing is one example).

Or...dont hit people regardless him/her is fully-able or disabled. Both genders should keep their hands to themselves, it is not ok for a man to put his hands on a woman but it is also not ok for a woman to put her hands on a man except if its for self defence.

• Like 7

Ok, Im done with the sub ep 10 and Im still tear stricken with the loss of a dear loyal friend/ secretary/ ally Seo Jeong Hun :bawling: That attack felt like it was premeditated all those warriors and terrorist attacked at once ambushing JW and Seo to a point where they couldnt escape or fight back.  It felt like the purpose was to not only kill but separate them both. Later when Seo body was found away from the station means there was more to what we didnt see. He died with his hands holding onto a sword meant that despite taking one of those smart lens out (he was logged out from JOne server) the NPCs was still chasing and shooting arrows at him. Are NPCs able to kill? The rule (if any) was that NPC couldnt kill. Otherwise JW wouldve been dead way back in ep 1 where he tried to level up in Granda.  So Im not ruling out that there is a possibility of another player in this game whom is the ultimate culprit killing Seo and perhaps Cha and Marco. Then Im baffled because Im still suspecting Prof Cha and Park yet at the time of Seo's death both of them were in Korea. 

12 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

I think there will be some additional explanations on how this works. But that there will be no explanation of why. The phenomenon shown is paranormal. It is such a story that we have seen it in the classic series "the twilight zone". The mystery remains intact, and because of this, the spectator feels a great thrill, even after the series is over.

Therefore the explanation could be like you said - "paranormal" and as what JW believes and predicted 1 yr ago - "Magic"

Spoiler

42c6573a43098e6de535d3dc17a6b51a.png

As like we saw in ep 10, the train arrives in Granda and the magic sets in. JW no longer limps and all those terrorists and warriors begin their attack. But the magic has become dangerous, these NPC's can seriously wound you to a point where you can feel their attack - slash, arrow or bullet and worse die like Seo did. The rules have changed since JW killed Cha. Maybe the magic saw the need of revenge as a curse and took over. Thereby allowing Cha to become a zombie forever hunting down JW. Likewise to SJ and Marco. The AR game has merged in with reality. The magic/ paranormal is the fantasy element of this drama so I cant/ shouldnt be TOO critical. Writer doesnt need to focus too much on detail or place any reasoning just because there's supposedly "magical/ curse" or "fate" elements involved. Welcome to fantasy dramaland.  To be fair this writer isnt the only one that did that. <_<

Another explanation is SeJoo (maybe threatened to control it) . He afterall is the mastermind of this game perhaps he is still controlling it. So far we know that Choi and his team cannot override the original codes that SJ created for this game. Hence why they could not see or look into the secret quest that SJ sent to JW. I even doubt that Choi can monitor anything that happened during JW and Seo time in Granada. It seems it has another server or system controlling it. Like I said above the attack on Seo and JW was premeditated, so perfectly planned that JW and Seo had no time to team up or fight back. Thats why I dont think this quest was a mission to find Sejoo. If it was, SJ wouldnt make it so dangerous to a point of killing anyone let alone Seo. But perhaps JW took a detour and headed to the underground dungeons believing that Seo was there because if you look at the original blue print it clear locates Master being somewhere above ground of the Alhambra palace 

Spoiler

729b0aae0fc137bf071afc0ef598e928.png

3000497fce644579feb7fade53471f23.png

At the end of ep 10, the light that saved JW. Thanks to @stroppyse preview text translation it hints that the server is closed and the quest is interrupted...interrupted as what most of us believe that it could be the security of the Alhambra palace whom were sent in by HJ. So now real non players can interfere with the game? :blink: Oh how I would love to see SJ or Emma come flying in to the rescue. JW says the game isnt over, maybe prior to the kiss he still sees Cha hunting him and Seo saving him. The game continues is it magic or a different server - the original one with SJ controlling it. If SJ still controlling this game and isnt threatened to do so...WOW! Chanyeol's acting has just increased 10 ten fold :lol: and the actor playing Prof Cha I promise I wont be discriminatory on your future roles esp based on your looks or previous roles :P

In seriousness, I think I read somewhere in the interviews at one stage the game will be place on hold to further develop the the relationship between the leads as well as the storyline. Am I right @maris1 @lduc @NileRose

@siddy09 I love both those OSTs as those lyrics truly highlights HJ and JW perspective that we have yet to see or understand. 

@Sarang21 Glad your here...please share some thoughts :blush:

Look at the difference between JW and Emma interaction compared to ep 3 and ep 10. How has the game allowed Emma to know him? Is this real or magic?

Dv29TkTWkAA4HIv.jpg

cr. https://twitter.com/asfirstsnow

• Like 14

4 hours ago, MMEDH said:

I think it will be real people with torches . The people hee joo called them at the end.

Can be. But it will be more interesting if he gets help for one of those in the game.( my thoughts ). :rolleyes:

But, if the savers are the human responding to HJ requested, one more time , HJ is his safer. He own HJ many, he better compensate her well! Lol! :lol:

• Like 6

Helloes @alcides14ahjumma Happy New Year! hope 2019 will be a better year for all.

And yes JW owes HJ big time... more cheeky flirting remarks, kisses and hugs are essential rewards. Love how he was driving and smiling at the same time. Must be after the kiss. So it could happen. He wont collapse on her shoulders or use her as a barrier against Cha again right? :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 16

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Helloes @alcides14ahjumma Happy New Year! hope 2019 will be a better year for all.

And yes JW owes HJ big time... more cheeky flirting remarks, kisses and hugs are essential rewards. Love how he was driving and smiling at the same time. Must be after the kiss. So it could happen. He wont collapse on her shoulders or use her as a barrier against Cha again right? :lol:

Aloha  @Kasmic Happy New Year, I am indeed crossing my fingers and praying that 2019 will be much better for all!  :D

JW really owns HJ big time, and I am ready to sit back and enjoy the payback time! I will take however! I love their chemistry! It is almost Saturday! :rolleyes:

• Like 8

Hi all, I think it's my first time posting here.... I only started watching over the NY holiday and caught up till ep.7 now. I am a big fan of the writer, watched all her previous works which remain on my recommended list for people checking out kdrama, so I was determined not to miss this one. Didn't expect to like MoA this much as I am not really into virtual gaming. But I was literally holding my breath and screaming out loud whenever the duel with Dr.Cha is happening. That is until Zinu leveled up and got a gun, phew.... I will try to catch up before new episode is shown so I can join discussion here. For now, still avoiding spoilers although I accidentally did read the latest death in ep.10 :sweatingbullets:

Happy New Year, btw!!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, alcides14ahjumma said:

JW really owns HJ big time, and I am ready to sit back and enjoy the payback time! I will take however! I love their chemistry! It is almost Saturday! :rolleyes:

JW has been shady a whole lot, HJ needs to take some time and don't give in too easily to his dimples! hahahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

51 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

JW has been shady a whole lot, HJ needs to take some time and don't give in too easily to his dimples! hahahaha

Listen I wouldn't blame her AT ALL if she does.... I mean just look at his face!!!!! It is gold, so precious. And his dimplesssss- even a 10,000 word thesis would be less to describe them:wub:

Now about the preview- the kiss scene, i think it comes after she realises that he has disappeared from the hospital. I think JW came to the bridge (I think that is a bridge) to contemplate suicide and maybe just as he was about to seriously go for it, HJ shows up.

• Like 9

https://youtu.be/dplNb3UZLxA

Some are already got translated somewhere, but I want to understand it completely. 

@stroppyse When you have free time, would you please translate that? It was JJ video of the wrap up party. 

Also one more,  BTS of ep 9 》https://m.tv.naver.com/v/4927390

Sorry for asking too much :D Thanks in advance. 

It's still Wednesday. :sweatingbullets:

While we wait, reading some articles might help a bit. Kekeke

Memories of the Alhambra Palace' Hyun Bin, from the dagger to the rifle, 'hot action' reaction is hot

0003477083_001_20190102103438899.jpg?typ

[Seoul Economy] Hyun Bin's action collection 'Zip', which is a remembrance of 'Alhambra Palace' 

Along with the story beyond imagination and real game suspense, the night of TVN drama 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' (play Song Jae-jeong, director An Kil-ho) captivates the weekend with real suspense. In the center of it, the reaction of viewers to the perfect action act of Hyun Bin, who captivates the attention by presenting spectacular sights regardless of weapons in his hands such as long sword, dagger, commendation, pistol, 

Spoiler

There is no Level 1 test Yu Jin-woo (Hyun Bin) who lost a lot of Nasar warriors' sword. First of all, to raise the level and to duel equally with competitor Cha Hyung-seok (Park), and then to survive the attack of the fluffy, which became the NPC (Non-player Character, a virtual character providing the quest or item to the user) Jin-woo, who did not stop raising the level for the past year to find clues about the whereabouts of Jeo Se-ju (EXO). As the difficulty of the game goes up, Jin-woo's actions have been upgraded day by day, and viewers are also sweating at the tension that is increasing every time.

Most of all, the action of Jinwoo shows the changing of weapons freely according to the opponent according to the opponent in a colorful background which is hard to meet in a drama such as the plaza of Granada of Spain which is charming exotic scenery, a closed school without anybody, It is the difference of 'memories of Alhambra palace' that increase their immersion. Viewers are also more interested in using weapons of various ages, "I expect to see what action this time every time a game message is displayed," "I knew Hyun Bin was good at the action, but it was really awesome." It is a tragic props, but the actions that act on the cane are also unique. " 

This is the back door of the actor Hyun Bin, who showed outstanding acting performance in many works during the time, Especially, 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' is a main material of the Augmented Reality game, so it needed action acting different from other works. This is because not only is it necessary to agree with the other actor, but also imagine and postpone the CG image to be realized through post-production. However, Hyun Bin expressed the situation that was not real at the time of shooting from the scene where weapons were created in the hands without anything, and it was conveyed to the viewers in the CRT without any hesitation. 

"We have a lot of action and we have to dig various weapons as the level in the game increases. Hyun Bin, who does not buy her body every moment, and the efforts of the staff who try to bring it to the camera, have created wonderful action scenes. "We are expecting a lot more attention in the remaining 6 broadcasts that will be held in 2019. "He said.

tvN 'Memories of Alhambra Palace' is broadcast every Saturday and night at 9 o'clock. 

/ Kim Jin-sun reporter sestar@sedaily.com

Source: Naver

• Like 10

16 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

I think there will be some additional explanations on how this works. But that there will be no explanation of why. The phenomenon shown is paranormal. It is such a story that we have seen it in the classic series "the twilight zone". The mystery remains intact, and because of this, the spectator feels a great thrill, even after the series is over.

To be honest, I'm not keen on the idea of the paranormal at work here. ;) Sorry, but I hope that's not the case. I enjoy The Twilight Zone concept but for this show I want something a little different. I need a hidden hand behind the scenes that's not Fate. It was okay accepting the mysterious supernatural elements in Nine because of the spiritual Nepal-incense connection but here the catalyst is a video game that was supposedly developed by two lads who barely knew their left hand from their right. I would prefer the game evolving into some kind of self-learning AI trying understand human nature by judging human reactions to certain kinds of events etc. The context is important and I'd like to see consistency in terms the use of technology and the inherent dangers that lie within the use of tech without having to introduce paranormal elements in a way that ends up feeling disconnected and unsatisfying. The AI/glitch aspect would fit in better thematically IMO.

Se Jun said something that's still bugging me when he spoke to JW on the phone about not wanting to sell the game to CHS because he was not a good person or something along those lines. Now that's a statement that needs clarification because I don't think it's as straightforward as it sounds.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

To be honest, I'm not keen on the idea of the paranormal at work here. ;) Sorry, but I hope that's not the case. I enjoy The Twilight Zone concept but for this show I want something a little different. I need a hidden hand behind the scenes that's not Fate. It was okay accepting the mysterious supernatural elements in Nine because of the spiritual Nepal-incense connection but here the catalyst is a video game that was supposedly developed by two lads who barely knew their left hand from their right. I would prefer the game evolving into some kind of self-learning AI trying understand human nature by judging human reactions to certain kinds of events etc. The context is important and I'd like to see consistency in terms the use of technology and the inherent dangers that lie within the use of tech without having to introduce paranormal elements in a way that ends up feeling disconnected and unsatisfying. The AI/glitch aspect would fit in better thematically IMO.

I don't see much explanation from technology at the moment, even with artificial intelligence. The extraordinary has gone too far to find a rational explanation. The IA is not the subject in addition, it would fall too quickly. As a result, such an explanation would leave me with an impression of inconsistency. It would be "far-fetched".
However, it would be interesting to have more details on how the game is created, and to have consistency in it. Of course, technicians would eventually find an insoluble, inexplicable because supernatural problem, but it would be interesting to see how it happens, what they do to identify the problem, and how it is insoluble.
I mean, whatever we want, we'll just get what we're given. Let's try to enjoy it.  ;)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, skyrangerzi said:

I'm still so salty over secretary's death :bawling:

I'm salty as the dead sea. So so salty. Huhuhu

If he is really dead, i want him to be autopsied at least. We need to know what happened to him. Don't do him injustice like what happened to Cha :tears:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1