Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra 알함브라 궁전의 추억

I admit i have not taken the time to watch this drama live or follow it as i thought i would because i had some personal stuff going on but i will be on winter break soon and will watch it all at once on Netflix or something. So far from what i've seen online through clips and fansites, it's getting good reviews and STRONG ratings!!!! I'm so happy for all of them and a good comeback for HB and PSH.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JojoCx3 said:

Okay one thing got me confused, Jinwoo was resting and prolly about to sleep when Cha Hyung-seok knocked the door and started attacking him .. how did Jinwoo managed to make his sword appear? does he always wear those contact lenses?! -- this game is so confusing? even in next episode's trailer ... he is seeing things in real life now not just in the game? just like Seju prolly he was seeing things in rl also not just in the game .. is it because they killed another player?! now it gonna hunt them?

Yeah it seems the rule of the game has changed? he didn’t need to use contact lenses or even log in to produced the sword. Well that’s not good because he looked like he got severe hallucination or not in the right mind by people in real life. In “W” the alternate reality rule is so confusing , i can’t even remember it, and towards the end it took out the fun. Hopefully the writer tone down the confusing things a little bit in this drama 

• Like 6

One of the rarest type of drama that I am watching. Am I into another Life on Mars (Korea) or Signal which I cannot predict the next episode? Omy I am excited, this is exciting....hhhaa.   The AR and Drama Reality (DR) I am bewildered and amazed how the story board brought us, is going and bring us; the musical scores used were all spot on to the emotions of the characters.  This is a very rare concept and its like I am watching a movie.  The glitch — the system can kill.  Where’s is Se ju? Hahaha Omi Omi! This is not just a gem story! This is Gold! I am now expectant of a good ending and how they will distinguish AR and DR. 

@12blbl JW is always in contacts. His left eye was/is how he sees his system in Korea if I am not mistaken.  The right eye contacts is for his game but apparently someone is now hacking so his left eye contacts sees it.  He is an AR developer and J One’s product is an AR game in contacts. This is how I understand. 

• Like 5

Omg! I thought ep 3 ending was awesome, but ep 4 ending was better. Bring it on MoTA! After several months of aimless drama watching after Life on Mars ended, I'm ready for a new drama to dig in!

• Like 8

Hoping for double digits for the ratings?this drama is everything!it made me appreciate psh acting.My hubby is proving himself once again with his great acting.i mean what more do a fan want.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello, everyone!
Now that I've seen episodes 3 and 4, I can come back to this forum without fear of being spoilt!

I liked the way things were going. I was even surprised by the end of episode 3, and for the moment, the script is beginning to stand out from Song Jae-Jung's (W) previous drama.
There is no clear delimitation between the real world and the virtual world. A new way to create madness. I was expecting two worlds, but instead, it's something very fuzzy, the worlds merge, it becomes difficult to know which one you are in.

For the time being, everything "could" have an explanation, but I don't expect that to remain so.
We must wait for the autopsy results to find out more about the real causes of Cha Hyung-seok's death.

At the end of episode 4, I have trouble seeing who fell. Is it Yoo Jin-woo? That would explain why he ends up disabled with a broken leg. If it's Cha Hyung-seok, how could Jung Hee-joo see him? So I think it's Yoo Jin-woo. Was he pushed? Or did he just experience the game a little too intensely to the point of falling on his own?

Why did he get into the game? Was he wearing his special lenses at the time? If so, everything can be explained, except that they would have been activated without his knowledge.  Otherwise, we plunge directly into something totally supernatural.
I think we're going to dive into the supernatural anyway, I'm betting more on that option. Jung Se-joo dived into it long before. We don't really see how a program could create this, or a program that would have made a detour to the twilight zone.

Why is Cha Hyung-seok still coming back? He had already been defeated twice. It doesn't make sense in the game for the same enemy to come back like this.
Did the game turn him into an NPC? Obviously, yet it's not really him, because he doesn't speak. So it remains explainable.

I really enjoyed hearing the hushed and ruthless voice of Kim Eui-sung (Cha Byung- jun) again. I doubt this character will be a nice person. ^^

• Like 8

1 minute ago, wenchanteur said:

Hello, everyone!
Now that I've seen episodes 3 and 4, I can come back to this forum without fear of being spoilt!

I liked the way things were going. I was even surprised by the end of episode 3, but for the moment, the script is beginning to stand out from Song Jae-Jung's (W) previous drama.
There is no clear delimitation between the real world and the virtual world. A new way to create madness. I was expecting two worlds, but instead, it's something very fuzzy, the worlds merge, it becomes difficult to know which one you are in.

For the time being, everything "could" have an explanation, but I don't expect that to remain so.
We must wait for the autopsy results to find out more about the real causes of Cha Hyung-seok's death.

At the end of episode 4, I have trouble seeing who fell. Is it Yoo Jin-woo? That would explain why he ends up disabled with a broken leg. If it's Cha Hyung-seok, how could Jung Hee-joo see him? So I think it's Yoo Jin-woo. Was he pushed? Or did he just experience the game a little too intensely to the point of falling on his own?

Why did he get into the game? Was he wearing his special lenses at the time? If so, everything can be explained, except that they would have been activated without his knowledge.  Otherwise, we plunge directly into something totally supernatural.
I think we're going to dive into the supernatural anyway, I'm betting more on that option. Jung Se-joo dived into it long before. We don't really see how a program could create this, or a program that would have made a detour to the twilight zone.

Why is Cha Hyung-seok still coming back? He had already been defeated twice. It doesn't make sense in the game for the same enemy to come back like this.
Did the game turn him into an NPC? Obviously, yet it's not really him, because he doesn't speak. So it remains explainable.

I really enjoyed hearing the hushed and ruthless voice of Kim Eui-sung (Cha Byung- jun) again. I doubt this character will be a nice person. ^^

I dont think he actually fell. If he did, he wouldnt have survived the fall. I'm wondering what PSH really saw.  

• Like 2

Im not into complicated dramas and  just bcs i love park shin hye, i try hard to try this genre.  Guess what?

Ep 1- im excited

Ep 2- i was terrible but excited to. 

Ep 3-im super nervous and haunted by it

Ep 4- im confused and it was too hard to finish watching this drama.  

This bcz while watching ep 4, i cant breath properly. 

And i respect whoever love to watch fantasy and complicated plotting dramas. 

I appreciate Hyun Bin's good looking omoooo..  And park shin hye, how come her hair looks delicious to me? And she is prettier day by day....

I must write tht this drama is above our expectation. I will watch without thinking much and guessing what ever will happen to them. But yeah, im thinking right now.. How will they finished this drama when they write such a complicated conflicts ㄱㄱㄱㄱ

• Like 6

1 hour ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

JW is always in contacts. His left eye was/is how he sees his system in Korea if I am not mistaken.  The right eye contacts is for his game but apparently someone is now hacking so his left eye contacts sees it.  He is an AR developer and J One’s product is an AR game in contacts. This is how I understand. 

Ahhh, someone is thinking the same as me YAYAY:lol:  My feeling is that JinWoo has not taken out the contact lens from his right eye.  Yes, left eye is without contact lens.  The brain usually has to process both left and right visuals; somehow, the process is altering Jin-woo's reality sense because he is playing more and more.  The longer he is in the game, the more the eye with the contact lens becomes the predominant source of visual information.  What we see is a combination of visuals coming in from our eyes and our brain processing the information.  The right eye with the contact lens is training his brain to "believe" that game environment and virtual reality is the truth.  The longer he plays, the harder it is for him to dissociate from the game and come back to reality.  I think we will see Jin-woo in this VR world more and more and his time in the real world less and less.  Eventually, he will hurt himself physically (note the limp).

So far, we think Se-Joo is the software engineer that uses J One's contact lens for the game he develops.  Both Hyung-Seok and Jin Woo worked on the lens over the years, sounds like Hyung-Seok left when their joint company was going through the early growing pain years. He gave up the patent for the lens and left the debts/woes for Jin Woo to deal with but he does have some knowledge on how to develop it.  Hyung-Seok formed his own company, most likely another high tech/software one.  Who knows, he could be the one who hired Se-Joo to work on the game; thus, he entered and played first.  Whoever kidnapped Se-Joo could be an enemy of both Hyung-Seok and Jin Woo, perhaps trying to use to game to draw them into the alternate reality to take over both of their companies.  Maybe it is Se-Joo who is forced to reprogram the game's rules as these two play along - killing Hyun-Seok, bringing the defeated player back, giving him more lives, etc...

Jin-woo can't communicate with Emma until he can advance to the next level, level 5, but he starts to hear her music at level 4 (and in the hospital preview).  Se-Joo must have developed the character Emma as a safe haven for players (since she is running a hostel in real life, taking in travelers and caring for them).  Emma plays the guitar just like Hee-Joo, a gift and talent Hee-Joo abandoned and forgets she has.  As a brother and a game developer, Se-Joo must have carved out a significant role for Emma since he obviously loves his sister.

Can't wait to see more.

• Like 10

So I've been away from this forum cause I have been super busy with work but I've been reading everyone's comments. 

So yeah for those who didn't know the writer is the same writer as W..well you know now lol embrace prob the same cliffhanger kind of feeling. 

I read some people complaining already about storyline and all...its just been 4 episode...I think some been judging the drama too early on since much has not been explained.  I am sure as we go more in depth with the drama things will be explained so lets keep being patient. 

I enjoy the suspense and how the drama is going by so far and I for sure like writer Song jae Jung.   PLUS, we have veteran actors playing in this drama :wub:

• Like 7

@bedifferent thanks. Your explanation is more detailed. I really thought there’s contacts in both eyes. Because when he played the last game both eyes have two light circles. 

Yes the writer is the same as “W” — I am thinking writing MOA he is trying to master his AR and DR story telling but when I watched it I could feel the Life on MARS Korea feeling — until the end there’s feeling cliffhanger :). Even the lovestory was told inexplicitly. But very satisfying! 

Hyunnie is so good in acting this out and his model like stance, CEO of IT company really suits him well. Even his team behind him is so good.  

I would like to guess in advance Marco Han is the private detective that JW always talk online. But his character tells JW trust this person so much. 

Also, the story of anger came favoritism to failed marriage, deception and pirating the main product. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, lduc said:

Ratings episode 4 #MemoriesOfTheAlhambra is 8.145 % and Seoul is 11.180 %.highest peak is 9.0% !! Congratulations!

cr: @YYSY_

8.154% is a good rating for the cable drama.. And this is the highest so far for MoA..I hope it will keep increasing and able to reach double digit rating..

• Like 6

So many unexplained mysteries in the lastest episode. I’m 100% positive that Hyung Suk is not dead. There’s probably a glitch going on with the game but I have to agree with the professor. Maybe they should of waited for Jung Se Joo before signing the papers. Ever since Hee Joo signed the papers, strange mysteries started happening. My main concern is where is Jung Se Joo??

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Maybe it is Se-Joo who is forced to reprogram the game's rules as these two play along - killing Hyun-Seok, bringing the defeated player back, giving him more lives, etc...

That is my thoughts!  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Ahhh, someone is thinking the same as me YAYAY:lol:  My feeling is that JinWoo has not taken out the contact lens from his right eye.  Yes, left eye is without contact lens.  The brain usually has to process both left and right visuals; somehow, the process is altering Jin-woo's reality sense because he is playing more and more.  The longer he is in the game, the more the eye with the contact lens becomes the predominant source of visual information.  What we see is a combination of visuals coming in from our eyes and our brain processing the information.  The right eye with the contact lens is training his brain to "believe" that game environment and virtual reality is the truth.  The longer he plays, the harder it is for him to dissociate from the game and come back to reality.  I think we will see Jin-woo in this VR world more and more and his time in the real world less and less.  Eventually, he will hurt himself physically (note the limp).

So far, we think Se-Joo is the software engineer that uses J One's contact lens for the game he develops.  Both Hyung-Seok and Jin Woo worked on the lens over the years, sounds like Hyung-Seok left when their joint company was going through the early growing pain years. He gave up the patent for the lens and left the debts/woes for Jin Woo to deal with but he does have some knowledge on how to develop it.  Hyung-Seok formed his own company, most likely another high tech/software one.  Who knows, he could be the one who hired Se-Joo to work on the game; thus, he entered and played first.  Whoever kidnapped Se-Joo could be an enemy of both Hyung-Seok and Jin Woo, perhaps trying to use to game to draw them into the alternate reality to take over both of their companies.  Maybe it is Se-Joo who is forced to reprogram the game's rules as these two play along - killing Hyun-Seok, bringing the defeated player back, giving him more lives, etc...

Jin-woo can't communicate with Emma until he can advance to the next level, level 5, but he starts to hear her music at level 4 (and in the hospital preview).  Se-Joo must have developed the character Emma as a safe haven for players (since she is running a hostel in real life, taking in travelers and caring for them).  Emma plays the guitar just like Hee-Joo, a gift and talent Hee-Joo abandoned and forgets she has.  As a brother and a game developer, Se-Joo must have carved out a significant role for Emma since he obviously loves his sister.

Can't wait to see more.

My guessing thoughts are similar to yours....that both of them have another enemy lurking around.  That enemy is getting  HJ to program repeated lives for virtual HS to kill JW in real life now.   And level 5 meeting Emma is a safe ground because the OST sings  "I will be by your side when you are scared and blue....."     ....just a figment of my wild imagination but I truly enjoy this drama because of that. :)

• Like 8

I like the slowww burn romance between Hee Joo and Jinwoo. Their eyes and smiles are telling.

ctto

I admire Heejoo's self restraint :D:unsure:

ctto

Jinwoo love, you're asking for trouble. Must you smirk and bite your tongue like that?! :sweatingbullets:  Do that one more time and...you will be murdered with love :P 
ctto
  • Like 3
  • LOL 6

BTS Episodes 3-4

I can't help but feel giddy at Hyun Bin and Park Shinhye's offcam antics :wub::wub:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1