Quantcast
rubie

[Variety 2018] Little House in the Woods 숲속의 작은 집 The Happiness Experiment with So Ji Sub & Park Shin Hye

5 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

sorry for the links that did not work....

The one below works beautifully. You may use it for live streaming next Friday, 13th, 9:50pm KST at the link below...

tv.exitoostore.com/2015/02/tv-onl…

Timings different parts of the world...Let’s all enjoy together :D

9:50pm Seoul,Tokyo
8:50 pm Beijing,Manila,Taipei,Hong Kong,Singapore, Kuala Lumpur
7:50 pm Jakarta,Bangkok
6:50pm New Delhi
3:50pm Moscow
2:50pm Paris,Oslo,Harare,Cairo
1:50pm London,Tunis,Lagos
5:50am Los Angeles
7:50am Houston,Lima
8:50am Toronto,New York
10:50pm Sydney

Edited by maris1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I was way off, this variety show had so much dialogue. :blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

YT or IG or FB.. we'd be so lucky if there's some English gist. But we're not.. :sweatingbullets:

Clip: tvN @tvn_joy

• Like 2

On 4/7/2018 at 6:28 PM, lollyminx said:

Trying this out! I wonder when the English subs will come out? A week or a few days after?

Hi @lollyminx, good to see you here! :lol: I think it's the same arrangement as Youn's Kitchen, which tvN Asia would air the episode (with English subs) a week after the Korean broadcast. Question is, will someone upload the subs on Subscene. Oh, maybe it'll be on the streaming sites, can't mention on the thread but you know.. :)

In the meantime Drama Milk did a great job live-recapping the first episode. It's a simple concept but still so funny and addicting.. it definitely has all Na PD's recipe for success.chef-2.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Hi @lollyminx, good to see you here! :lol: I think it's the same arrangement as Youn's Kitchen, which tvN Asia would air the episode (with English subs) a week after the Korean broadcast. Question is, will someone upload the subs on Subscene. Oh, maybe it'll be on the streaming sites, can't mention on the thread but you know.. :)

In the meantime Drama Milk did a great job live-recapping the first episode. It's a simple concept but still so funny and addicting.. it definitely has all Na PD's recipe for success.chef-2.gif

Right? It's really the reason why I watched this - because it's by Na PD, and also, because I love the slow living kind of thing. I was a little surprised though that So Ji Sub only did this for one night? I was hoping they'd do it for 2 to 3 nights.

Also, I watched this and then the new movie Little Forest starring Kim Tae Ri and they both made me feel warm, the movie especially.

• Like 2

Saw the first episode... How can SJS survive on 1 banana??  

Loving the show and Drama Milk's recaps!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

On 4/10/2018 at 6:15 PM, lollyminx said:

Right? It's really the reason why I watched this - because it's by Na PD, and also, because I love the slow living kind of thing. I was a little surprised though that So Ji Sub only did this for one night? I was hoping they'd do it for 2 to 3 nights.

Also, I watched this and then the new movie Little Forest starring Kim Tae Ri and they both made me feel warm, the movie especially.

I didn't realize that SJS was only there for one night. :huh: He brought 3 sets of meal though, presuming one rice+meat+banana meal for each day.

I'm waiting to watch Little Forest, it seems like a simple but great movie indeed. These days when everything goes so fast with a lot of stuff to think about, there's so much unnecessary stress going on. The new concept of slow-healing-show is just what audience wanted to watch now.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:00 PM, emmie said:

Saw the first episode... How can SJS survive on 1 banana??  

Loving the show and Drama Milk's recaps!

SJS as Subject B, did he know the 'Happiness mission' beforehand? :tongue: He only brought 3 set of pre-prepared meal and 3 bananas to eat. All the same type of meat & veggie with small potion of rice to cook. On the other hand, Subject A, PSH probably didn't get the memo and brought a trunk-full of food which on a TMAD set would be the best episode! :lol: Even with SJS and PSH combined, they'd still have lots of food left. But we can sure understand the headache to "eliminate" things we thought we needed.. especially foodstuff. Nope, it's not easy to do!

But the Happiness mission of 1 rice bowl + 1 dish, though pretty simple, kinda fits the purpose doesn't it. Sometimes we tend to waste unnecessarily when we have so much to choose from. However, I'm with you, SJS probably used to just having 1 banana for a meal. :sweatingbullets: I'd be so hungry in the morning and will then overeat to compensate.. or so, the excuse to justify goes. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I will rip the subs from tvN Asia for episode 1 when I am free and have access to laptop later.

I will then ask for help from those on KoreanVariety Reddit to sync and upload it on Subscene since I am busy.

Update: luckily there is other user managed to rip, sync and upload the subs on subscrne. So no need to wait for me. Huhu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

ok, i managed to catch the 1st episode of this Little House in the Woods on Saturday night by accident. Missed out the 1st half of the show... PD Na is true to his words - it is really borrrriiiiing that I almost fall asleep! hahahaha.... really in documentary style which captures the sounds of birds chirping, wind, water etcetc.... very unique show

• LOL 1

April 17, 2018

Reality show on serene life in the forest debuts at No. 2 on weekly TV chart

SEOUL, April 17 (Yonhap) -- "Little House in the Forest," a new reality program showing two celebrities leading a lone, minimal life in a tucked-away little house, ranked No. 2 in TV ratings on its debut week, data showed Tuesday.

Created by star producer Na Young-seok, the program on cable channel TvN scored 256 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for April 2-8.

It features the serene everyday lives of two of the nation's hottest heartthrobs -- actor So Ji-sub and actress Park Shin-hye -- in remote forests on the southern resort island of Jeju. They are required to fill the day by completing missions and doing the very basics to sustain a life, such as cooking, making a fire and chopping firewood.

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN (Yonhap)

A poster for "Little House in the Forest," provided by tvN (Yonhap)

As with Na's other popular reality programs, most recently "Youn's Kitchen," the new series seeks to give comfort to viewers by showing celebrities living slow-paced, peaceful lives, either in exotic locations or in the wild, a type of laid-back, vacation-like lifestyle that is only temporarily available for busy Koreans.

With 4.7 percent and 3.2 percent for the first two episodes, "Little House" is still short of Na's previous highly popular shows. But the producer said that it is not aiming at a high viewership rating.

"As 'Youn's Kitchen 2' was successful, the network gave us this one chance to do whatever we wanted to make," he said half-jokingly at a press event earlier this month. "I've already told the two cast members that the show might fall flat."

Despite the lower-than-expected ratings, the show has been much talked about on social media where the viewers discuss how they can connect with the two stars who find happiness by making small achievements, like carving wood into clothes hangers.

A poster for "The Miracle We Met" provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

A poster for "The Miracle We Met" provided by KBS 2TV. (Yonhap)

The top honor on the TV rating chart went to "The Miracle We Met," a TV series on KBS 2TV starring Kim Myung-min, Kim Hyun-joo and Ra Mi-ran. Written by popular scriptwriter Paik Mi-kyung of "Strong Girl Bong-soon" and "The Lady in Dignity," the drama tells a story about an extremely confused man who has to live in the body of a complete stranger with the same name, age and birthday but a completely different life. The drama scored 274.7.

The index, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, trending on social media sites and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, was not included in the survey.

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

• Like 2

Published on April 17, 2018 by tvN

PREVIEW: Little House in the Forest 180420 EP.3

• Like 1

English subs for episode 1 has been uploaded on Subscene! :lol: Hope the subs for ep2 will be available this weekend ~

April 20, 2018

Park Shin Hye And So Ji Sub Talk About The Things That Make Them Happy

Source: Soompi by K. Lew

Park-Shin-Hye-So-Ji-Sub1.jpg

On the April 20 episode of tvN’s “Little House in the Forest,” Park Shin Hye and So Ji Sub talked about the joys in life.

Park Shin Hye was asked to pick something in her daily life that makes her truly happy, to which she answered, “I’m happy when my family and I divide into teams and go bowling, or when I go fishing with my family.” The actress explained, “I endure difficult times with my family. The second [thing that makes me happy] are my friends.”

She then added, “Sometimes when I can’t be comforted by people, my pets comfort me. I’m happy when I feel the soft fur of my cat on my fingertips.”

Park Shin Hye also emphasized the importance of feeling happy, as she commented, “There are times when my confidence is low, but through the things that make me happy, I feel like I’m living a healthy life. But sometimes when I’m busy, I forget about the small joys in life and complain.”

So Ji Sub was also asked what makes him happy, and he responded that his bed really makes him happy. After being lost in thought for a while, he added, “I always try to be happy and enjoy life, but I question whether this kind of happiness is okay for me to have. I find the answer to that question difficult.”

He then explained, “That doesn’t mean I’m someone who feels unhappy. I don’t know if I’m being too serious about this, but I think this is something that I need to figure out in the future. I’ll continue to think about it.” So Ji Sub also commented, “I drink with others sometimes, but I enjoy drinking alone. When I’m with others, I end up concentrating on them. But when I drink alone, I can focus solely on myself.”

Source (1) (2)

• Like 3

I tried watching. But it is just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boooooooooooooooooring.......

In the first 30 mins of the show, I turned it off 3 times. A week later I tried watching the rest of the first episode, fast forwarding through the entire episode and decided to delete all future scheduled recordings of this program. To me this is a flop. It wasn't entertaining. 

• LOL 2