Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Short Drama 2018] Hymn of Death // Death Song, 사의 찬미

On 11/1/2018 at 6:31 AM, Ni Wen said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1255695wpp/lee-jong-suk-shin-hye-suns-drama-death-song-confirms-premiere-date

SO it's going to be 3 episodes and not 4 afterall. After all the extended filming, it is just one more episode  :sweatingbullets:

Chingu, we, SHS fans, know better than anyone than 3 solid/good episodes is better than 50 episodes so bad that it seems that you're trapped in hell with the characters. :tears:

At least if the drama is not good, they won't make us miserable for too long.:sweatingbullets:

Thanks for all the updates and translations @meechuttso!

Strange how this thread is empty of SHS fans comments: usually we are very talkative people about oori baby's projects. An excess of romance in her works this this year? Or is it the tragic and predictable end that blocks us?

I admit that i will have a hard time to enjoy a project where her character will die again: i'm still not over the last time it happened....     

But to be honest, herself she also barely promoted it.  Has she lost interest for it?  :unsure:     

• Like 5

On 11/6/2018 at 1:31 AM, titania1000 said:

Chingu, we, SHS fans, know better than anyone than 3 solid/good episodes is better than 50 episodes so bad that it seems that you're trapped in hell with the characters. :tears:

At least if the drama is not good, they won't make us miserable for too long.:sweatingbullets:

Thanks for all the updates and translations @meechuttso!

Strange how this thread is empty of SHS fans comments: usually we are very talkative people about oori baby's projects. An excess of romance in her works this this year? Or is it the tragic and predictable end that blocks us?

I admit that i will have a hard time to enjoy a project where her character will die again: i'm still not over the last time it happened....     

But to be honest, herself she also barely promoted it.  Has she lost interest for it?  :unsure:     

Yes you are absolutely right! 3 good episodes beats 50 tortorous ones. My gripe was only that these episodes were added at the expense of her other drama then.

I agree it is sort of quiet in here. Hopefully it will liven up when the drama premieres. Seems that no one is promoting this drama including the cast and the tv network ^_^

• Like 6

[resize output image]

[resize output image]

Kim Woo Jin 
Lee Jong Suk,
(Male, 25/30)

No, if I had not been my father's son, or if my father had been the coward of a poor rural village, or if I had not fallen into literature, or if I had been so cold to ignore my father . I would have loved if I did not know the virtue, even though I kept it all down. 

She is my only companion in the world who deeply understands my literature, touches my dark abyss, and cries with my despair. But she is a miraculous woman that I can never have in reality. Shinduk is my ideal, and I am looking at the reality. To this woman who is crying in front of me I love, I love, I can not do anything other than repeat. So it is hope and despair to me.

(Google Translate)

[resize output image]

Yoon Shim Deok (Shin Hye Sun)

(F, 25/30) 

I had no desire to become Woo Jin's wife. I was well aware that the position was not mine in the first place. However, I wanted to talk to Woo-jin and walk down the street holding Woo-jin's warm hands. It also took me a long time to realize my greed, but it did not mean that love would disappear. But is it true that love is just too much for me? I ran away from Woo Jin, reminding me that I have parents to support and brothers to study. And when I met Woo-jin again, I realized. In the first place, I've never been away from Woo-jin. I don't want anything from him, but he says he's sorry he can't do me anything. I really don't want anything. If Woo-jin were to stay with me, I had nothing to hope for.

* Naver translation *

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/hehymnofdeath/cast/56945#0_0

• Like 5

15 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Translation of the poetic words beautifully spoken by the pair in the first trailer. Two key words sounded tricky, but as always, @meechuttso goes out on a limb to try for you, chingoos.B)

윤심덕:  막한 광야에 ... 달리는인생아. 너의 가는곳, 그게어데이냐?

김우진: 삶에 열중한 가련한 인생아. 너는 칼위??에 ... 춤추는자도다

Yoon Shim-Duk:

In an endlessly-wide desert place, running Thou ('life'). Goest Thou, Whither?

Kim Woo-Jin:

Living life, fully absorbed in, piteous Thou ('life'). (On??) a Knife Thou Art, ... one who dances.

광막한, 광막하다 - wider than appears

인생 - meaning a 'life', or lifetime, used here like 'soul' (referring to a person or an individual).

If you want the plain jane english:

YSD: Yo, you crazy one there running hard in the desolate place, what is your destination?

KWJ: You so zealously absorbed in living, you piteous life, ... are like one who dances on a knife.

Me, personally? She had me on 광 (first syllable).:wub::sweatingbullets::phew:

This is going to be GOOOOOOD! Worthy of every ounce of acting chops Shin Hye-Sun can muster with her 29 years on earth!

9998B74F5BE94D7309

• Like 6

Image may contain: one or more people, hat, text and closeup

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text and closeup

Spoiler

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, ocean, outdoor and text

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, water and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting and suit

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, flower, tree, night and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing, suit and outdoor

Image may contain: 4 people, people sitting

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

[SCREEN CAPS & COLLAGE]

HYMN OF DEATH, 1st Teaser 
“The last song that was played at the end of life” 

Credit as tagged

• Like 5

[animate output image]

[animate output image]

ezgif-4-c4af05383f16.gif

[GIF]

HYMN OF DEATH, 1st Teaser 
“The last song that was played at the end of life” 

Credit as tagged

• Like 3

#

Watch: First Video Teaser of Lee Jongsuk and Shin Hyesun`s Upcoming Drama [Hymn of Death]

Lee Jongsuk and Shin Hyesun teased their romance in the drama teaser.

On November 12th, SBS released the first teaser of their upcoming drama 'Hymn of Death,' which is set to start airing this November 27th. In the teaser, Lee Jongsuk and Shin Hyesun are in love as none of them can take off of their eyes to one another. They went on a date to a forest and beach, showing a warm and delicate affection to each other. 

temp_eadd81e520f1f711b519ac1f5e649f3d.jpg

With background stories on Yun Simdeok and Kim Woojins musical works in the 1920's, 'Hymn of Death' tells the love story of Korea's first soprano Yun Simdeok and genius playwright Kim Woojin. Lee Jongsuk plays as Kim Woojin, a genius playwright, a scholar that loves English literature, while Shin Hyesun will play as Yun Simdeok, Korea's first soprano and writer of the song 'Hymn of Death.'

So, are you looking to the drama, ladies and gentlemen?

Source: [NAVER TVCast] 사의찬미

Thumbnail Credit: NAVER TVCast '사의찬미' Screenshot

http://kstarlive.com/Watch--First-Video-Teaser-of-Lee-Jongsuk-and-Shin-Hyesun-s-Upcoming-Drama--Hymn-of-Death---602364

ezgif-1-c63b0e9f2999.png

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Lee Jong-suk and Shin Hye-sun Portray Tragic Romance in "Hymn of Death" Posters
We have release dates, and two beautiful posters for upcoming three-act drama "Hymn of Death". The short is a remake of 1991 film "Death Song", both depicting the real, tragic romance between Korea's first notable soprano, Yoon Sim-deok, and her playwright lover, Kim Woo-jin. The film and the drama carry the title of Yoon Sim-deok's iconic song.
The posters are simple, but a simple idea can be very effective. One places the tragic couple, portrayed by Shin Hye-sun and Lee Jong-suk, facing away from each other in what feels like a beautiful pencil and coal double portrait. The other is almost like an old movie poster, showing the two during a quiet moment of romantic bliss. The text reads 'The last song sung at the end of life'.
Those who know their story also know that there is no happy ending here, as the two died in a double suicide, by jumping off the ship on their way back to Korea. He was a married man, she was someone whose talent was not appreciated during her time. Get the tissues ready for this one. The drama will air 3 episodes, on November 27th, and on December 3rd and 4th.

• Like 3

[SBS Star] VIDEO: Lee Jong Suk & Shin Hae Sun's New Drama Drops Its First Teaser

Actor Lee Jong Suk and actress Shin Hae Sun showed off their chemistry in the teaser of 'He Hymn Of Death'.

ê¸°ì¬ ëí ì´ë¯¸ì§:[SBS Star] VIDEO: Lee Jong Suk & Shin Hae Suns New Drama Drops Its First Teaser

On November 12, the production team of SBS' upcoming drama 'He Hymn Of Death' unveiled the drama's first teaser.

In their upcoming drama, Shin Hae Sun and Lee Jong Suk will each play the role of 'Yoon Sim-deok' and 'Kim Woo-jin'―Joseon dynasty's first soprano singer and a gifted playwright.
Also, through her role 'Yoon Sim-deok', Shin Hae Sun is planning on depicting a brave young woman who is not afraid of anything whether it is following her dreams or winning the heart of someone she loves.

Lee Jong Suk & Shin Hae Sun

In the teaser, 'Yoon Sim-deok' catches the eyes of Lee Jong Suk while singing in front of his acting troupe, and they start to develop feelings for each ofter after the romantic first encounter.
Whilst watching them reading a book together and walking on the beach, it feels like there is nothing that can tear them apart since the energy and the vibe they give off is quite strong.
However, the scene where 'Yoon Sim-deok' stares at 'Kim Woo-jin' with a sad look on her face and the monologue saying, "A life that is running through a vast plain, where are you headed?" makes the audience wonder the dynamic of their relationship.

Even though 'Hymn Of Death' was already released once back in 1991 as a film, SBS is not planning on following the footsteps of the previous version, but will focus on reinterpreting the tragic love story between the two and their achievements as an artist.

Meanwhile, SBS' upcoming drama 'He Hymn Of Death' is scheduled to be aired on November 27 at 10PM KST.

Spoiler

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005014222

• Like 4

https://www.soompi.com/article/1262407wpp/watch-lee-jong-suk-shin-hye-sun-tragically-beautiful-couple-death-song-teaser

Watch: Lee Jong Suk And Shin Hye Sun Are A Tragically Beautiful Couple In “Death Song” Teaser

ad11ab6747964abaabf958fc291dee31.jpeg?s=

The first teaser video for Lee Jong Suk and Shin Hye Sun’s upcoming drama “Death Song” has been revealed!

“Death Song” will tell the tragic romance between Joseon’s first soprano Yoon Shim Deok (played by Shin Hye Sun) and a genius playwright Kim Woo Jin (played by Lee Jong Suk). The drama will focus on not only the couple’s romance but also Kim Woo Jin’s works that portrayed the darkness of that era.

The teaser video starts with a soft and sorrowful piano melody, followed by Shin Hye Sun reciting the lyrics from her song “Death Song.” She says, “Life that runs the vast wilderness, where is it that you’re going?” Lee Jong Suk adds, “Pitiful life, so focused on existing. You are the one who dances on top of a knife.”

Death-Song-teaser-1.jpg

The couple’s narration portrays the grim era and their deep emotions towards each other. The video is raising much anticipation from viewers who are waiting to find out the story of this special couple.

“Death Song” will premiere on November 27, and the remaining two episodes will air on December 3 and December 4, respectively.

After the finale of this special broadcast, SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “My Strange Hero” will premiere on December 10.

Check out the teaser video below!

• Like 3

Awww this drama looks so intense. He is going to shake all my emotions.
I had many expectations, but after seeing the teaser, I felt that they were overcome.
If I was moved by watching a 30-second teaser, I can not imagine what it will be like to see it in 3 episodes.

Dear Shin Hye Sun and Lee Jong Suk, can I charge you the bill for all the handkerchiefs I will have to buy? I think a box of tissues will not be enough.:D

• Like 4