Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Here to Heart 温暖的弦

My heart ache...and i don't know where to turn to. Finally login to soompi and realised i've forgotten my password, tried a couple of times and finally able to login. Glad to see a crowd here sharing the same sentiment. At least i don't feel alone.

I have so much to say...but since I join in late...will just say one thing (for nnow)...

Can someone just send YX and Pan to the moon or the furthest planet in the universe already. 

YX char is just there to torment out hearts.

Every time i see YX, my mood goes *#!*@!! (hard to describe).

I've been skipping her scenes since ep20 (as well as WR and the boy's scene).

And I think the title of this drama should be changed to "MISUNDERSTANDING LOT" :grimace:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

5 hours ago, themarchioness said:

NAN XIAN: No post would be complete if I didn't say something about him, but at the same time I don't quite know what to say.  I could talk about how effortlessly he wraps me up in his emotions.  Or I could talk about how much I admire him as a businessman.  Thing is, I fear I'd never stop if I started!  Nan Xian is by no means a perfect character, but I kind of prefer that about him.

agree.. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, thephamle said:

does any one know if there is an english translated version of the novel? I see the chinese and vietnamese version only. 

Unless someone’s started since the drama started airing, no. I looked for it beforehand and could never find anything. That’s why I started on my own.  I think the entire novel is beyond my time/capabilities, but I aim to finish the Epilogue at least.  I took a break after posting the last bit. Hope to find some time to work on it again this weekend! 

Should help to keep me distracted while waiting for new eps. :wink: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@thunderman1, thanks for making me laugh first time this morning. It would be great to see her left at the altar. A situation like that is terrible indeed but considering she’s always intentionally hurting others, I have no sympathy left for her. She’s still fortunate enough to get a happy ending after putting others through grief.

@themarchioness, yeah, I was hoping we would see some bonding between NX and WN in her most difficult time but maybe we will see it in a different way in the future. I still remember that hug he gave her when she returned to the dream house. It was so sweet and memorable.

Quite frankly, NX is too busy with the trouble that they have on their hands with Shallow Cosmos so he might be stuck in Shanghai for a while. I also agree that realistically litigation is slow. I also cannot understand why the court date couldn’t be rescheduled. I guess we have to leave that alone.

Regarding the upcoming lunch with NX and his mom, I can’t imagine why he would agree to a marriage with that lady. By the way, is this where  he tells them both that he wants to announce the end of their relationship to the media?

@UnniSarah, I don’t see NX acting emotionally. All he did was rush back home to the most important person in his life after hearing she was missing. It happens on my job when people leave important meetings or cancel important business trips because of family emergency. In every other respect, NX has not acted emotionally business wise since this lawsuit was filed. Manager Gao understands that but Manager Guan does not know why NX left. Still, manager Guan isn’t thinking through this properly because he should know NX would not walk away from a serious problem like that without good reason. They’ve know each other so long. He should know NX better.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Regarding the upcoming lunch with NX and his mom, I can’t imagine why he would agree to a marriage with that lady. By the way, is this where  he tells them both that he wants to announce the end of their relationship to the media?

Honestly, I couldn't bring myself to watch the preview cut of the lunch (too much Yi Xin - blech).  I figure I'll be seeing it soon enough in the episode.  :tongue:  But I had already seen the scene where NX meets with YX in his office and he tells her that he wants to set the story of their relationship straight.  From comments YX makes (something to the effect of, "Is this because of what your mother said?"), I'm led to believe this conversation happens after the lunch.  So I'm not sure what exactly was discussed at the lunch.  But we'll know in a few hours!

Had to get up early for an errand this morning, so now I'm rushing to do my work so when the episodes are released later, I won't feel guilty about not having done any work.  :wink: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@themarchioness  believe me I understand you. I saw the preview of the lunch but I didn’t realize it would be in today’s episode. Right now I am not feeling confident that I will understand NX’s decision to even consider marriage with her. That’s probably why I am not looking forward to that part of the plot. It just doesn’t seem like it would be something he would consider at all. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@themarchioness  believe me I understand you. I saw the preview of the lunch but I didn’t realize it would be in today’s episode. Right now I am not feeling confident that I will understand NX’s decision to even consider marriage with her. That’s probably why I am not looking forward to that part of the plot. It just doesn’t seem like it would be something he would consider at all. 

Haha, you and my mother both.  As I said to her the other night when she was worrying over this, we shall have to see. 

I have to believe though that any reason Nan Xian would have to go along with the wedding notion has to be related to Wen Nuan.  Because as he says to Yi Xin when he tells her he wants to clarify their relationship to the media, he's never cared about what anyone else thinks, he only cares about what Wen Nuan thinks.  Furthermore, within that same conversation, Yi Xin tries to stall him by saying that they need to think about how she'll look if they come clean now.  With everything going on at Qian Yu, it'll look like she's backing out at the first sign of trouble.  It's actually a valid point, but Nan Xian's only response is to say to her, "As your friend, let me point out that this is something you'll have to face sooner or later."  (Or something like that.)  Clearly, not willing to give that one an inch.

• Like 5

@themarchioness, I hope it’s not something he agrees to as a method to get WN to return to him. To me that would be too extreme. Anyway, regarding breaking the news to the media, it’s better to do it now. The timing is right. Otherwise, he might have to delay the news if WN comes back to him because then it would make that actress look like the victim. They already tarnished WN’s reputation by saying she is trying to breakup his relationship with the actress after she had dumped him 7 years ago when he had nothing. Break the news now. They can say he dumped her. That would eliminate the issue of making her seem mercenary.

• Like 4

Haha i want to share a spoiler. NX's mom told YX sooner or later we will be a family.

Guess what...:lol::lol:

NX said: A family! Mom, you want to take YX as god daughter?

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

10 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Haha i want to share a spoiler. NX's mom told YX sooner or later we will be a family.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. I so love Nan Xian's sense of humor. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Is this a real spoiler or your imagination? hehehe

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. I so love Nan Xian's sense of humor. 

I was just about to reply with the exact same comment!  I can even picture the expression on his face.  LOLOLOLOLOL!  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, thephamle said:

Is this a real spoiler or your imagination? hehehe

Of course its real. Love you NX :lol:

Oh gosh i ve forgotten we only get one episode today :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, thephamle said:

too many backstory and flashback on YX’s crap today. argggg

Seriously.  Had the same reaction!  Finished watching though and about to get started on my long wall of text.  Haha.  I'm so glad you guys indulge me.  :wink: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why does ye writer like YX so much? This beech is causing NX so much problem. Smh smh Because of her obsession with him and the guy she slept with is willing to go far to make her his woman. I hate when the second lead has more air time than the OTP. Why do writers do thay??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UnniSarah said:

Why does ye writer like YX so much? This beech is causing NX so much problem. Smh smh Because of her obsession with him and the guy she slept with is willing to go far to make her his woman. I hate when the second lead has more air time than the OTP. Why do writers do thay??

Whether we like it or not, she is integral to the story.  I may complain of all the scenes we had with her today, but I recognize they were necessary scenes and wouldn't blame the writers over it.  If anything, I'd say the writers have written her so well that's why I don't want to see her on my screen.  :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, themarchioness said:

Whether we like it or not, she is integral to the story.  I may complain of all the scenes we had with her today, but I recognize they were necessary scenes and wouldn't blame the writers over it.  If anything, I'd say the writers have written her so well that's why I don't want to see her on my screen.  :wink: 

@themarchioness... I will check the episode out later. I hope these scenes won’t make me pity her. 

• Like 1

@themarchioness, YX does have a lot of scenes though. I realized that last weekend when I binged watched the show. Fortunately I’m the kind of person who doesn’t really need to see the OTP together every episode in order to feel their love story. As long as wherever NX or WN is they’re faithful to each other I’m satisfied. 

@UnniSarah, I can’t imagine pitying YX under any circumstance. Usually when a character pile up their bad deeds and I really take a dislike to them, it’s very hard for me to like them afterwards even when the writer redeems them. I guess for me it really depends on how egregious their actions were.  With YX, my problem has always been her harassment of WN directly or through third parties. Everything else related to her is an annoyance but I wouldn’t dislike the character based on those things.

• Like 4

Though I don't like YX, but you gotta appreciate the fact that she stood beside  with NX all these past years. So does ZLL. I mean, I too, stood beside a friend I used to like a lot (we are friends for 6 years)  and he love someone else. I knew when I had to back out and I did. Whereas for YX, NX is an obsession that she can't seem to get over of. She thinks 7 years>his love for WN. Same going with ZLL, he too went far this time. 

Most heartbreaking moment for me was when WN said my heart is tired. I know that feeling really well to relate. She did what she did in past when she was naive. They were after all, young. You can't tell me otherwise because people are not yet mature enough during teenage years. I think they would have reconciled if their fathers didn't die and WR didn't tried to commit suicide. It was too much for WN to take at that moment. :'(

Heartbreak and death of his father made NX a mess. Even though, after 7 years he finally met and reconciled with WN. His heart quite turned cold enough not  to emotionally think from others pov. He thinks what he thinks, that only matter. He feels grateful toward YX too much to consider WN's feelings and finally when she left, he understood her pain and suffering too. 

That's my take!! 

• Like 3