Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

Hi. I’m new here. I just want to ask if someone knew about the links of the comic? Ehehe cant wait ti know the whole story

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ondine said:

Here's the video on TVN's Youtube channel:

PSJ and PMY cringing so hard at their lovey-dovey scenes :lol:

thank you!!!!!!! so funny how they wanted to die cringing -heart heart-

9 hours ago, labyrinth525 said:

Here’s the tweet. My apologies for the late reply. 

Thank you!! I hope it doesn't affect the quality of the writing....I thought the writing in the first 4 episodes were really solid. Hope the new team can still rock it!

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 5

this is a bit off topic but, lets go buy some bibigo products and sneak off with the PSJ standee B)

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim7.jpg?itokc31f9e69bd231de058672f104bb66eac.pngimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw2-kWnUC4juwQYTv5m3Y  Once he shed some light in her dark world...  Now it is she that sheds light in His...

I don't know anything about the webtoon the future or the depth in which it shows.  What I know and see is only a result of what I see while watching and thus always feeling as if I am a step behind.  The fault is my own, because I love the not knowing .  Yet in a way I am getting use to it as my RL has got me playing catch up in more than one drama these days...

Hoping for a lot of healing all the way around and my belief and others here too that MS is the very KEY to that healing.   That comfort and gift of hope, warmth and protection that YJ gave MS in that horrible place two children sitting in the dark.  Will be remembered soon enough and she will see that even when she wasn't looking that same boy who became her boss never really let go of her hand or sight of her life.  YJ is an amazing character in that he continued to protect her and kept her beside him without ever letting her know who he really was...

Still it's moving to see in many ways YJ wasn't the only one caring for someone.  Without even realizing it MS that little girl is all grown up now and the past years she spent being beside him allowed her to take care of him in so many ways too. Ways in which he allowed himself to actually lean upon someone and without knowing depended upon as well.   Romantic maybe not in the usual way but loving and caring for each other that was done each and everyday.  Looking back when some have wondered why something between them didn't happen sooner.  I think for me it's because YJ thought of himself still as that bigger boy her protector in the dark and he never thought of her as a woman.  It's easy to understand when he still lives and sees her in that real world every night within his dreams.  For even in knowing and seeing all she did for him she was always one step behind.  Close enough for safe keeping but not close enough to be seen as all grown up...

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Ondine said:

Sorry (not sorry?) to be the spoiler police, but please hide webtoon and novel spoilers under the spoiler tag, as a consideration for people who want to enjoy the show without spoilers. :)

I've just watched episode 6 with subs. I don't know why I didn't see it before, but it reminded me of an episode in Busted which had a long bus ride AND a claw machine. PMY said in the episode that it was her first time trying a claw machine then (it was filmed in 2017). :D

Webtoon spoilers below:

Reveal hidden contents

The day-off date wasn't in the webtoon iirc, and I really like how the drama team used it to add more dimension to the characters individually and together. Young Joon's perspective about sacrificing yourself really elucidated to me how his narcissism was in a large part a product of his childhood trauma. He had to bear the entire burden of the trauma all alone and in secret so he could relieve his family of it, pretty much isolating his emotions and his heart from the rest of the world, and he had absolutely no one to support him with that but himself and I guess that turned into an extreme version of self-love. I think it also explains why Mi So is the only person in the world that he allows to get so close to him, and why he was adamant about keeping her with him when he found her again as an adult. I interpret it as her being the only person in the world who makes him feel less alone, because she was in that traumatic event with him, even if she doesn't remember now. Kind of like, in a more ordinary real world experience, if you go through something difficult that made you feel alone, and then you find out there's someone who's gone through pretty much the same thing, it makes you feel less alone and it helps you to connect to them in some way...but in this case of course it's taken to a TV-drama level. :) Well done, show.

I understand the show's decision to have Young Joon crash Mi So's day off now, but I'm even more wary now that they're going in the direction of Mi So being entirely defined by Young Joon for the entirety of the drama and focusing on a whole fated-to-be-together (which is boring and unromantic to me!) sort of thing. I hope I'm wrong (but I still have the scars from BTIOFL, so). :P

TRue..... since this is a comedy, I want to reserve the momentum.... Comedy is all about timing too, I try not to see the spoilers or other teasers.... Coz once I saw it already, the next time I watch it's like " Ahhh, OK"... saw it already... hehehe..

Anyway, I just saw in IG that some of the casts are coming from Fight For My Way & Queen for Seven Days.... both KBS drama from last yr, and aired at the same week..... TVN must be really watching it last yr, hehehehe....

• Like 13

9 hours ago, attriste said:

Lol at all the cries regarding LTH, I feel sorry for him! Should have used Park Byung Eun, he would have fit a 37 year old hahaah. With the acting chops to boot. 

@labyrinth525 thank you for taking the effort to look for what I asked!

That's true.... They should not reveal their true ages too... hahahah... I just can't feel the flow of the story, bcoz Im really affected with their real ages... Sorry... LOL.... Especially, the Oppa thing, when in reality they are not both Oppa.... that's my only problem... other than that, I love PMY!!... LOL...

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I dont get the fear episode 5 and 6 was great its getting better and better.

I get the worry since so many dramas start off great and then go off track, but for me, episodes 1 and 2 were the weakest and Episodes 5 and 6 the strongest, so I guess I'm not too bothered by the writer change. 

• Like 11

does someone know what is the brand of the pin behind PSJ's tie? Or is it part of his shirt? cos I saw holes on his shirt if he don't wear the tie and pin.

• Like 3

Watch: Park Seo Joon And Park Min Young React Adorably While Watching “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Together

Park-Seo-Joon-Park-Min-Young12.jpg

tvN’s “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” has shared a video of its actors reacting to their own drama!

On June 22, tvN released a video of the cast watching the fourth episode together. Sitting side by side, Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young burst out into laughter at the drama’s funny scenes and cringed during the more romantic ones.

The clip also includes behind-the-scenes footage of the leads rehearsing their bedroom hug scene. The footage reveals that it was Park Seo Joon who came up with the idea for them to embrace so that the camera could more easily capture his face.

After watching the episode, Park Seo Joon asked Park Min Young in embarrassment, “How did we film that?”

Later on in the video, the two actors filmed a scene in which they ate ramen together. When Park Min Young put kimchi on his ramen, Park Seo Joon made the staff chuckle by joking, “Secretary Kim, it seems like you’re not good at using chopsticks. Did you live overseas for a long time?”

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

After watching episode 6, I've found my self a new OTP.. They are just too adorable together. I thought  I wouldn't be able to ship park min young with another man after watching her in Healer, but omg this is another lever of OTP lol.

i truly enjoyed the scenes where he was trying to pick that stuffed doll. Ah my feels. I can't get enough of this drama, please give me more!

• Like 15

Can I just say again that Park Seo Joon is killing it in this show? I don’t remember the last time the same character made swoon, laugh and cringe at the same time LOL. How does he even say those narcissistic lines with a straight face.

This show is so endearing! Rom-coms have been doing really bad in terms of ratings in course of past years. It’s so refreshing to see a rom-com that really works for both Korean snd international audience.

Also, these two are so hilarious :lol: I ship them hard!

A4_B12_A4_F-5_DE6-43_BB-806_D-_DEC6547_C

And PMY and PSJ cringing at their own lovey dovey scenes is one of the funniest things I’ve watched lately  :lol:

7_EB0_A5_FE-021_E-4_A92-8_A4_A-25989123_

F2_F6_C3_A3-_CD5_D-4_B63-85_E8-17_B178_C

• Like 18
  • LOL 1

Kang Ki Young and Park Hae Jin would have fit the bill as SY if SY were a psycho. These two can match the acting chops of the lead and look scary as hell.  But nope.

Spoiler

SY is not a psycho. He is clinically insane and the family are doing their very best to accommodate him. Can you picture either of those two actors crying like a teenager at the parents? What about Park Byung Eun? 

Again, LTH is otherwise great in action scenes. His angry face is funny lol his nostrils flare up, but his punches and kicks are solid. That's why you see him in bodyguard roles. He's also okay in cute, tall oppa roles bc he smiles so brightly like an idiot drunk in love. 

But based on his previous role as a lost brother who gets adopted by his enemy and then gets emotionally confused, I'm banking on his naivete when 

Spoiler

SY is finally served reality and woken up from his delusions.

So please give him a chance. He may be young, but he has a potential to do drama scenes, albeit a bit awkward due to his height and built. And his crying face is pitiful but he really needs to attend more drama workshops as he tends to act blandly. If people are still wondering why they cast him, it's a minor role. If it were a more seasoned actor, he'd steal the show and your hearts.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

To be more on topic, I'm kinda scared that they changed writers like this so I'm hoping the novel author is still somewhere involved & making sure the story stays consistent. 

Me too, I didn't really have a great experience the last time tvn, got rid of the writer of the original content. JMO but they changed a good drama into a train wreck.(I'm still a little bitter over it:crazy:@UnniSarah I'm wondering why this happened too but have to just hope it will not ruin this dramadragonprayplz.gif?1 @dramaninja Episodes 5 and 6 were great chingu, I will just let my past bitterness go since this is a different drama.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, evie7 said:

Me too, I didn't really have a great experience the last time tvn, got rid of the writer of the original content. JMO but they changed a good drama into a train wreck.(I'm still a little bitter over it:crazy:@UnniSarah I'm wondering why this happened too but have to just hope it will not ruin this drama

@evie7... When changin a writer or actor or anything there will drastic changes. I think TVN is not being smart at all. I know for a fact a writer is very touchy / protective  of their works because of their type writing style. Not all writers can write withe in the same style. 

• Like 4

watch this drama for the first time today, i tend to watch kdrama only after the drama finish, but watch this drama and realise  it was a good drama, good script, good acting and good chemistry main lead, and salute to the camera or maybe the make up park min young look extra beautiful in this drama...that natural blush and not too glossy lipstick

..... even the make up of other actors were so good to,

• Like 7

I hope the writer changes will bring this drama to a more.... ehem.... mature ways...

bring on the skinship please....

don't be so stingy.. 

KISS puupuu in every episode will be  greatly appreciated...

(we don't mind the elevation process)

and whatever is in the store for us..

our body is ready hehehehe.... :heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

@UnniSarahdragonprayplz.gif?1 @dramaninja Episodes 5 and 6 were great chingu, I will just let my past bitterness go since this is a different drama.

Would it be comforting for you to know that the new writers were the ones that wrote episode 5 and 6 without the original screenwriter? Since you liked those episodes, it might not be a problem...hehe

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, minseojoon said:

Would it be comforting for you to know that the new writers were the ones that wrote episode 5 and 6 without the original screenwriter? Since you liked those episodes, it might not be a problem...hehe

@minseojoon... Thanks for that ingo chingu  :heart:

@SeGafanlady.... I am hoping for the same thing too chingu...  

• Like 7