Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

The proposal kiss wasnt as intense as previous episodes.... more like PG rated, hahaha.... sigh, we wanna see YJ mouth to move more... and the sound of his kiss :D

I hope tonight's episode will bring that :)

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I kind of expected the ratings would decline in these last two weeks, since there's no real conflict and story anymore. All that's left is pure romcom fluff, which I'm personally fine with but I think it isn't as universally appealing. At least they're still on top, and I hope they hold out for the last episode.

Yeah, the ratings were the highest with the kidnapping reveal and with fluff and new shows premiering this week it's not surprising they declined some. 

I'm quite happy with the fluff. I liked the drunk antics. I have secondhand embarrassment with proposals, both real and reel, so I had to watch that part through my fingers, but it was sweet. 

• Like 7

Almost 12 hours after the episode, the drunk Mi So clip has more views and is trending higher than the proposal on Naver. :lol: Sweet drunk Young Joon is at #4. 

FHRsQJH.jpg

That continuity error when they kiss after the proposal and the ring isn't on her finger anymore though...that's pretty major, show. :lol:

ETA: On the Youtube/Naver clip with sweeet drunk Young Joon I think they cut off a few seconds at the end of the scene when Mi So's just holding him. During the live stream I was struck by how natural it looked when she grasped his shoulder when he fell onto her, and when she started stroking the back of his head with her thumb. I get that the style of the show is really more cartoony and OTT, hence the gestures and the expressions and the camera blocking having them 4 feet away from each other when in conversation. But it makes me think that they would be incredible portraying a relationship in a drama with a more realistic tone, like say Pretty Noona (at least the first few episodes of that :P). 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hey, just one thing I meant to mention. When YJ talks about himself, he actually calls it his "aura", but pronouncing the English word almost as three syllables, i.e. "ah-oo-rah". I know it sounds a bit odd to English speakers, but it's the way the Koreans pronounce that word.  And, the shimmer effect they throw around him when he flings his arms wide to say that word can seem like an aurora, but it's actually an aura.  :)

Thanks for your translations, btw. During the times when I was in lurk and peek mode, I read a fair number of them. :D

heheh thanks! Your korean is way better than mind!!  you really explains the context very well to us. thanks~!

Now I get it, so its aura....hahaa why YJ will pronounce it as aurora when he claims he studies abroad and have perfect Eng accent? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Almost 12 hours after the episode, the drunk Mi So clip has more views and is trending higher than the proposal on Naver. :lol: Sweet drunk Young Joon is at #4. 

That continuity error when they kiss after the proposal and the ring isn't on her finger anymore though...that's pretty major, show. :lol:

ETA: On the Youtube/Naver clip with sweeet drunk Young Joon I think they cut off a few seconds at the end of the scene when Mi So's just holding him. During the live stream I was struck by how natural it looked when she grasped his shoulder when he fell onto her, and when she started stroking the back of his head with her thumb. I get that the style of the show is really more cartoony and OTT, hence the gestures and the expressions and the camera blocking having them 4 feet away from each other when in conversation. But it makes me think that they would be incredible portraying a relationship in a drama with a more realistic tone, like say Pretty Noona (at least the first few episodes of that :P). 

Fell asleep livewatching last night cos I was so tired from the day, but— I’m curious! Is the 4 feet away conversating typical for “cartoony” effect? I think that’s what actually grated on me haha. I really liked it when MiSo was drunk and YoungJoon held her by her waist. So much more... feeeels. 

What is it with drunk women scenes, lol, I felt like this was almost similar to one of 2017’s SP (even with the seating!) I thought this one could have been shortened a little (maybe I was tired), but I wonder if there was a pun being made when JiAh kept saying “She was pretty” (in reference to PSJ’s 2015 drama of the same name) hahaah. Nonetheless.. I would have liked to steal VC Lee’s wallet too.., the comments on my livestream app were hilarious “that’s it they’re going to India, get ready SeRa and JiAh”

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Annyeong everyone :D

Thanks to my chingu for the shout-outs @Kasmic @nonski

Thanks dear @jeonghyang dongseng for the animated gifs.

I did not managed to watch live yesterday as the line was very bad like most of you said. I just read all the posts and watched all the video cuts.

Tonight is the finale.....a wedding is happening. Wondering whether the ending will show happily ever after for YJ and MS with kids. I would like to see happy ending for the other 2 couples as well.....

• Like 6

2 hours ago, realistic2280 said:

The proposal kiss wasnt as intense as previous episodes.... more like PG rated, hahaha.... sigh, we wanna see YJ mouth to move more... and the sound of his kiss :D

I hope tonight's episode will bring that :)

I think it's not really good to express with hot kiss on the proposal. The proposal is sweet yet touching , warm moment and it's perfect just with sweet kiss. even though i want see another hot kiss scene again in the last episode.. :D:D

• Like 8

Finally the proposal! imo, ep 13 & 14 is stronger than 15, but it is nice to see double drunk scene for both main lead and what happened with other character...didnt expect GN to reject JA tho... 

It is unfortunate that the rating is going down, but hey it still no. #1 on it's timeslot :)

Waiting for today's finale episode, hope it would be an ultimate satisfaction for the ending :D

thanks for all the translation and recap ^_^

• Like 8

1 hour ago, attriste said:

Fell asleep livewatching last night cos I was so tired from the day, but— I’m curious! Is the 4 feet away conversating typical for “cartoony” effect? I think that’s what actually grated on me haha. I really liked it when MiSo was drunk and YoungJoon held her by her waist. So much more... feeeels. 

I don't know if it's typical; it's just my own interpretation. :) To me it feels like it's in keeping with a highly stylized sort of aesthetic, rather than a sort of messier, fuzzier way of moving that's closer to reality. Even the way they talk most of the time seems stylized and cartoon-ish, especially Young Joon. It makes sense in my head, haha. :D 

• Like 3

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Hwang Bo-ra and Kang Hong-suk Secretly Date

photo990318.jpg

On the latest episode of "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Hwang Bo-ra and Kang Hong-suk dated in secret, or so they thought.

Everyone but them knew that they were involved.

They would print love messages on the printer and whisper cute things amongst themselves. They woud signal each other to meet on the roof and make excuses to follow one another.

However, everyone on the team knew they were dating besides the youngest member of the team. They were making it pretty obvious. Jeong Chi-in (Lee Yoo-joon) said, "The most important thing about office life is having wit".

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Im bit curios if they add extra mins for the final episode later? Feels like 1h and 10m is too short to wrap up everything. lol. :D 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Wanderer17 said:

Im bit curios if they add extra mins for the final episode later? Feels like 1h and 10m is too short to wrap up everything. lol. :D 

I sure hope so! BTIMFL (/PD’s last drama) had a very generous 1 h and 22m episode for the finale and I’m hoping PD-nim would consider doing the same for our finale. And it’s TVN after all :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5