Quantcast
Jump to content
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Recommended Posts

@fans123, i think is none.  I felt this is more of metaphor of his wife is gorgeous and he got huge hurdle to connect with her again.  If really to choose will be new timeline.

 

Also like to add, old Woo Jin can get into jogging as an escape.  But as working mum with young children, she will want sleep than jogging. :D

  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, janinenana said:

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time now and with the current episode, I can't help but think: How about giving a chance for Woo Jin and Jong Hoo to be happy together in the current timeline, and have Joo Hyuk to go back to the original timeline and fix his and his wife Woo Jin's problem? I think that would give justice to every character. After all, Joo Hyuk seemed to be in the current timeline to learn from his mistake, not alter their fate once again.

 

In short, I definitely ship the new Woo Jin with Jong Hoo. Their relationship is doing great with the minimal influence from Joo Hyuk's character.

Wasn't Jong Hoo married with twins in the original timeline?  I have to go back and check.   I agree with your statement about Joo Hyuk going back to the original timeline and fixing his problems with his wife.  I am of the opinion, that something must happen to make Woo Jin remember her past timeline with Joo Hyuk and also reflex on her shortcomings.  Joo Hyuk has had a opportunity to see his shortcomings and reflex on how he contributed to the failure of their marriage.  Now, something must also make Woo Jin remember Joo Hyuk and what made her love him and her mistakes that changed him.  Something had to happen on both sides for them to go from point A (so much in love) to point B, (disappointment and escape)   Woo Jin's soul still loves Joo Hyuk and remembers him although she doesn't consciously  have any memories of him.  Woo Jin told her friend that she did not have the confidence that she could take Joo Hyuk away from his wife...that statement alone told me her heart was drawn to him. 

Some of us are shipping Woo Jin with Jong Hoo (I call it the second lead syndrome); however, let's face it, she is not that into him.  If she was honest with herself and if we were honest with ourselves we would realize that the only reason she decided to date Jong Hoo is to try to get Joo Hyuk out of her mind.  Even without any romantic involvement Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin click, there is a magnetic pull.  

Many of us are so bent on Joo Hyuk being punished for wanting out of his marriage; what if we were punished for all of our mistakes and shortcomings without redemption?  Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin belong together regardless of the timeline or parallel universe.  Jong Hoo is nice; however, he is not for Woo Jin; perhaps, he will meet his original wife in this timeline and the timelines will merge and everything will go back to normal.  Joo Hoo will be married to the original girl of his dreams and have twins and Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin will be happily married with their two children and mother-in-law.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

@fans123, i think is none.  I felt this is more of metaphor of his wife is gorgeous and he got huge hurdle to connect with her again.  If really to choose will be new timeline.

 

Also like to add, old Woo Jin can get into jogging as an escape.  But as working mum with young children, she will want sleep than jogging. :D

Hahahaha :lol: I like your reply. 

 

But I think she is the old Wj and old Jh standing on the same building separated by 2 timeline. 

 

That's 2 same building right? Or am I seing things again? :sweat_smile:

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

however, let's face it, she is not that into him.  If she was honest with herself and if we were honest with ourselves we would realize that the only reason she decided to date Jong Hoo is to try to get Joo Hyuk out of her mind.  Even without any romantic involvement Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin click, there is a magnetic pull.  

 

Let Woo Jin speaks her mind (and heart) :D

 

20180828_215917.gif

 

I'm very curious how Joo Hyuk will react if he knows she falls for him again in this timeline ^_^ But I guess it will never happen.

This is my theory about time-travel:

  • There is only one timeline exists.
  • Only time-travellers have the memories of the previous timeline which they've already lived in before it's changed by themselves.

According to my theory, after Woo Jin learns all her faults, she and Joo Hyuk have to go back to the original timeline together or I should say that they go back to 2006 of the current timeline because the original timeline no longer exists. But based on what happened with Joo Hyuk when he decided to "change wife", it seems like they only have one choice to go back in 2006, decide whether they want to be together or not then the next thing they know is they're in 2018, have no idea about what happened in last 12 years :lol: Woah, now I'm curious if they choose to not be together in 2006, will they meet again in 2018 with better versions of themselves?

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only one time line here. You can't have JH returned back to 2006 and be with WJ in 2018, while having WJ be with Jong Hoo in this current timeline. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Wotad said:

 

You act like he even knows his current wife the only memories of a marriage he has is with his old wife im sorry but who cares if he neglects his current wife when clearly she does not seem to care about him and he has no memories with her. 

 

You people really have no idea what this show i about it seems do you want him to just give up on his old wife and try to live a happily married life with his second wife? 

 

He chose to switch wife so it's wrong for him to neglect his current wife. She's human too. And I think it's heartless to say who cares if he neglects his current wife. I'm sure her parents care (heck if her father knows what he's been doing, I'm sure he'll lose all of his privileges). I know she's supposed to be this villain but I still think it's poor and lazy writing to make her unlikeable. I don't hate her nor do I like her. I just feel bad for her. Her husband isn't paying attention to her and he's still pinning for his ex-wife. 

 

He was the one who gave up his old wife to be with his second wife so he should at least strive to be in a happy marriage life with this second wife. At this point of the drama, I still cannot see how he and WJ should be together.  I understand they're the main couple but together, they just don't work. Like I said before, they have poor communication skills. Unless they open up to each other, the marriage is dead and lonely. Sometimes even if you love someone so much, the relationship isn't bound to work at all. I still like the drama. It's interesting. I'm still not convince that they should still be together. I'm curious to see the ending. Will they be together or will they remain as colleagues? I guess I have an unpopular opinion.

 

I'm critical towards JH because he's selfish and a coward. Instead of solving the problem, he decided to run away and switch wife without even thinking about his kids. This affected everyone and he didn't even think about the consequences. JH is lucky I don't hate him because Ji-Sung does an amazing job playing him. Writer is lucky to have Ji-Sung. Without Ji-Sung, I would have been more frustrated. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand him running from his marriage  but my dude gave up on his 2 kids way to easily for my liking. Don't feel an ounce of pity for him mainly for that. He chose new life and already we signs of him making same mistakes towards HW.

I really hope it the end it does come down to WJ deciding their faith.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mimii89 said:

 

He chose to switch wife so it's wrong for him to neglect his current wife. She's human too. And I think it's heartless to say who cares if he neglects his current wife. I'm sure her parents care (heck if her father knows what he's been doing, I'm sure he'll lose all of his privileges). I know she's supposed to be this villain but I still think it's poor and lazy writing to make her unlikeable. I don't hate her nor do I like her. I just feel bad for her. Her husband isn't paying attention to her and he's still pinning for his ex-wife. 

 

He was the one who gave up his old wife to be with his second wife so he should at least strive to be in a happy marriage life with this second wife. At this point of the drama, I still cannot see how he and WJ should be together.  I understand they're the main couple but together, they just don't work. Like I said before, they have poor communication skills. Unless they open up to each other, the marriage is dead and lonely. Sometimes even if you love someone so much, the relationship isn't bound to work at all. I still like the drama. It's interesting. I'm still not convince that they should still be together. I'm curious to see the ending. Will they be together or will they remain as colleagues? I guess I have an unpopular opinion.

 

I'm critical towards JH because he's selfish and a coward. Instead of solving the problem, he decided to run away and switch wife without even thinking about his kids. This affected everyone and he didn't even think about the consequences. JH is lucky I don't hate him because Ji-Sung does an amazing job playing him. Writer is lucky to have Ji-Sung. Without Ji-Sung, I would have been more frustrated. 

He didnt really know that this would be a permanent switch so people saying he CHOOSE this timeline i disagree with during his first travel he returned to his normal life i think he just wanted to see what would happen not really picking that is it? 

 

it would be wrong if his current wife gave any fufks shes flirting with someone else and treats him awful. 

 

Its heartless to say who cares about this type of wife, then i guess im heartless. The show is called familiar wife not second wife, you feel bad for someone who clearly wants to cheat. 

 

I dont think he ever gave up his old wife because he never knew this would be permanent, you dont see how he and WJ can be together but see JH and HW together??

 

You must think marriage is some dreamland or something all marriages have rough periods and issues which is what they are going through so say they dont work is pretty daft to be honest.

 

Yeah i get it your critical to JH but lets ignore HW who is trying to cheat and lets ignore WJ who is violent,aggressive and does not communicate . Imagine if the roles were reversed and the male was violent,aggressive like WJ was people would be outraged but because its a female no-one really seems to care. As i said above i dont think he ran away or even knew what was really happening considering he returned before. 

 

JH issue is he does not communicate but if were talking characters then i hate WJ alot more, maybe that is unpopular but sure she does alot but she keeps way to much in and talks down to JH it seems. Shes violent and aggressive to me she is more unlikable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mimii89

The world would be a great place if every one loved and cared for their spouse until death, and no one ever ran away from their marriage, no matter how frustrating, but stayed and worked it out.  That is a fantasy within itself.  Humans are flawed, we make mistakes, we sometimes run instead of sticking it out, (and sometimes it is because we love the person and feel it is the only way to stop hurting them.) We are not all skilled in communicating our wants, hurts, dislikes, loves and needs.  I guess we are all selfish and cowards because somewhere in most people's lives they have chosen an unpopular path because it was the path of least resistance.  This is a fantasy drama.  I am sure that many people if they could go back, with their current knowledge and choose another path or handle a situation differently they would.  In this drama, JH was granted that choice.  It was offered at a time when he could not see a way to fix his marriage.  His love for WJ is partly what set him on this path because, without him, she would be happy. 

Should JH treat his second wife better,  I guess my question would be, is he treating her badly now? She does not know (YET) how he feels about WJ?  He has not crossed the line with WJ.  His current wife seemed to be happy when she found him vacuuming the living room.  Why was he doing that, because he realized that his wife, should not do all the housework herself.  Where did he gain that knowledge, from choosing to take another path; and on this path discovered, his bad behavior towards his first wife. Who reaped the benefits of that new insight... not WJ, but his current wife.  When JH threw the coin in the river and apologized to LW, he made the decision to be faithful to his wife and let WJ go.

 

About the lying.  Honey... In another time or parallel universe, I was married to WJ.  Although she has no memories of me,  I have memories of her and our two children.  Because of these memories I am still connected to LW   Her mother, my mother-in-law in this alternate time, has dementia and is lost and I am helping WJ find her.  Wife... "SAY what"?  Another timeline, a parallel universe?  What the ____ are you talking about?  Have you LOST your mind?  Come home right now and tomorrow your are going to see Dr. Shrink!  -_-   In JH's situation the truth sounds like a lie.  

 

However, all ____! is about to break loose and I cannot wait.  I love this drama, love Ji Sung's acting ability, which is why I decided to watch this drama to begin with.  Han Ji Min is doing a great job also.  Great writing, great directing and great acting. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The actor playing jong hoo is actually good. I am having second lead syndrome too. I am just stopping myself since i am sure i will just get disappointed since he will just be friend zoned in the end lol:lol:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel this drama did convey that Woo Jin will speak her mind out.  At least that is how i feel when she is courting Joo Hyuk and also in new timeline.  I remember the pat on the head when Joo Hyuk said he turns her to monster when she is someone very easily happy with little thing that he does (remember how cheerful she is when he called her name).

 

Her blown out aggressiveness also towards him only as we do not see she do that to others who is nasty to her.  He turns her to monster due to his deaf ears and take for granted.  She slowly build up the aggressiveness as maybe this is the only way she thinks message can get across.  Just like how we see the timeline of her with every year Joo Hyuk missing her dad memorial.  She starts off with truthful speak her mind out answer to end up throwing things at him.  

 

I love this drama! :wub:

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bluesoul7 said:

 

  • There is only one timeline exists.
  • Only time-travellers have the memories of the previous timeline which they've already lived in before it's changed by themselves.

According to my theory, after Woo Jin learns all her faults, she and Joo Hyuk have to go back to the original timeline together or I should say that they go back to 2006 of the current timeline because the original timeline no longer exists. But based on what happened with Joo Hyuk when he decided to "change wife", it seems like they only have one choice to go back in 2006, decide whether they want to be together or not then the next thing they know is they're in 2018, have no idea about what happened in last 12 years :lol: Woah, now I'm curious if they choose to not be together in 2006, will they meet again in 2018 with better versions of themselves?

@bluesoul7 I think this is possible. I thought they can travel back to 2018 but heck, there are no coins dated 2018 in this timeline. Only possible way is if they (either one) reset it back to 2006.

~~to meet or not to meet~~

 

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

who is that in the bottom gif? 

Spoiler

@Wotad the one giggling? He is Kim Nam Gil 

 

4 hours ago, tas82 said:

I can understand him running from his marriage  but my dude gave up on his 2 kids way to easily for my liking. 

@tas82 I think they are 4 kids in total that cease to exist including Jongho's :sweatingbullets:. But this timeline granted with 1 or 2 kids(can't remember) from Jh's sis marriage.

 

2 hours ago, richelle said:

The actor playing jong hoo is actually good. I am having second lead syndrome too. I am just stopping myself since i am sure i will just get disappointed since he will just be friend zoned in the end lol:lol:

I used to have it in other dramas but  this drama I only have single syndrome for Wj :Pand Im ok if she choses anyone. 

Most importantly whoever she ends up with, must be a huge influence to brings out the positiveness in her. 

 

1 hour ago, tok-soompi said:

 

Her blown out aggressiveness also towards him only as we do not see she do that to others who is nasty to her.  He turns her to monster due to his deaf ears and take for granted.  She slowly build up the aggressiveness as maybe this is the only way she thinks message can get across.  Just like how we see the timeline of her with every year Joo Hyuk missing her dad memorial.  She starts off with truthful speak her mind out answer to end up throwing things at him.  

 

I think only married people would understand this, it's more like "please just leave, I will continue to do everything myself." 

 

Which actually his wish came true, the coin made everything dissappear, no children, no burden, no monster. I don't know if I should cry or laugh at him :sweatingbullets:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tok-soompi thanks for sharing the ig. 

That 2 officers starring Park Won Sang and Kim Soo Jin, on the last week episode actually looks good together. 

 

I never pay much attention to Park Won Sang as he was a villain in W but I like him here better, he is funny :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ep 9 stills show us scenes at a hospital. Both WJ’s mom and JH’s mom are in hospital garb. One pic shows them playing Go-Stop on JH’s mom’s bed. JH’s dad is seen laughing. 

 

It looks like the familiar family ties somehow remain despite the change of timelines. JH’s and WJ’s intertwined fate is playing cruel tricks on JH who is the only person in the present timeline (if you don’t count WJ’s mom since that can be attributed to her Alzheimer’s and she only has memories of the old timeline and not the present) who has memories of the old timeline. 

 

Maybe the Writer is trying to show that a marriage union is not just the ties and familiarity of two people but also their families. A marriage brings with it inseverable family ties and intertwined fate of many people. So, even if you make a “change” of spouse, it doesn’t change the fact that there once were two families that became joined by virtue of the marriage. The drama is a fantasy but it teaches real lessons about a marriage. For example, in reality, even after a divorce when two people are no longer husband and wife, it is a fact that each other’s parents and families were once part of the same family. In some Asian cultures like mine, we address our in-laws as Mom and Dad too. 

 

I am very curious about how their relationship is going to pan out and how the writer is going to resolve the many relationships brought about by the old timeline in the new timeline. I somehow doubt that we will see WJ time traveling as well. It will get a bit messy also.

 

To those who are upset about JH abandoning his wife and children, let me say this. The beauty of time travel is that technically, the other timeline never existed. Therefore, in the present timeline, the past of the old timeline never happened. So in the present reality, he never married WJ and the children never existed. JH is the only one who knows about the past in the other timeline. And that’s why he is also the only one feeling the pains of guilt, regret and remorse. The time travel gives him the opportunity to see ‘what could have been but was not’. But, unless he’s able to revert to the old timeline, all of that remains head knowledge at best, though my guess is that the writer intends to get back to the old timeline. 

 

If so, that is, if he were to get back to the old timeline, the best scenario I can paint in my limited imagination is this - JH goes back to 2006 again and with the benefit of hindsight gained in the present timeline, he chooses not to be involved in the bus incident, turns down the first date with HW, meets WJ again in the bank in 2018 and they both fall in love and become husband and wife and be happily married. JongHoo can meet his wife early and have twins (since the old timeline shows him to be happily married) and single HW meets someone who is nice and a good man. My imaginary classic kdrama style happily forever ending :D

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

koalasplayground.com/2018/08/28/ji-sung-delivers-another-knockout-performance-as-the-weak-and-selfish-husband-in-tvn-drama-knowing-wife

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, midjohn33 said:

koalasplayground.com/2018/08/28/ji-sung-delivers-another-knockout-performance-as-the-weak-and-selfish-husband-in-tvn-drama-knowing-wife

 

This article makes a good point - we're not SUPPOSED TO like his character. The writer has written him as weak and selfish, and JS is doing a GREAT job of playing him that way - to defend the character and insist he ISN'T weak and selfish is to say that the writer and the actor have failed. If we are really fans of an actor, we will applaud them when they do "bad' well, not pretend the character isn't bad.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, midjohn33 said:

This article makes a good point - we're not SUPPOSED TO like his character. The writer has written him as weak and selfish, and JS is doing a GREAT job of playing him that way - to defend the character and insist he ISN'T weak and selfish is to say that the writer and the actor have failed. If we are really fans of an actor, we will applaud them when they do "bad' well, not pretend the character isn't bad.

 

Well, then it's too bad that I kind of like him 75.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, midjohn33 said:

This article makes a good point - we're not SUPPOSED TO like his character. The writer has written him as weak and selfish, and JS is doing a GREAT job of playing him that way - to defend the character and insist he ISN'T weak and selfish is to say that the writer and the actor have failed. If we are really fans of an actor, we will applaud them when they do "bad' well, not pretend the character isn't bad.

AGREE!!! JiSung is really nailing it as an ordinary salaried Korean husband who was insensitive but unaware of it. But like @bluesoul7 I still like JH - all due to JiSung’s powerful acting which makes it impossible to “hate” the character. His excellent emotive acting makes me sympathize with JH in many ways hehe:D I’d say this - heroes don’t exist in real life. In real life, men like JH is quite the norm. If you have one like JH who loves his wife and is fundamentally kind and faithful and is capable of self-reflection and therefore self-improvement, he already deserves to be loved. What needs to be fixed is communication which takes two for it to work. WJ has a part to play in this; she needs to communicate her needs to JH and she needs to “educate” him. Men can be quite dense in understanding unspoken feelings and needs. I am a married woman and I will say that good husbands are sometimes “educated” to be good by their wives. As long as the fundamentals are there, good men can be “educated” to become good husbands.:)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...