Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

20180828_001347.gif

I used to wonder why Woo Jin always looked like so angry and frustrated. Of course, the main reason is she had to work and take care of everything by herself. But I always think that there is something hidden behind. And in ep 7, through what her mother talked to Joo Hyuk, I know that it's kind of her personality.

"She's pretty stubborn that she's hardly shown her feelings to others since she was young. When she can't handle it, she holds grudges inside and throws a fit instead".

Well, it pretty matched with what I saw and thought about her in original timeline. In addition, she certainly loves Joo Hyuk to death. There is a saying that "Too much of anything is bad". It really is. It's like she gave up everything for him, her career, her youth, her hobby ...vvv then he has to do the same for her. That's reason why she went so mad about the game console but I guess she never understands how it means to him. She always talks about how she wants to love only one person like her mother did. And probably, she wants to have a happy family like hers. But she is not her mother and Joo Hyuk is not her dad. If she still holds that unrealistic expectations, she will never feel satisfied. Well, since it belongs to her nature, I want to see how the writer's gonna fix it and make their marriage works.

• Like 9

I have read several posts critical of Joo Hyuk's decision to stay with Woo Jin when she could not find her mother. Some post even suggest that he should have called Jong Hoo.  Does Jong Hoo even know Woo Jin's mother?  Joo Hyuk genuinely cares for Woo Jin's mother; therefore, his motives to stay with Woo Jin, had a lot to do with wanting to make sure her mother were okay.  I would do that for any friend of mine, male or female.  It they needed me, I would be there.  Woo Jin needed Joo Hyuk and he was there for her.  Of course one should not lie to their spouse; however, in real life many do, even if it is no more than having a drink with friends and saying they worked late.  Life is not black and white; there are many grey areas.  

Many still insist on making Joo Hyuk the villain in his marriage to Woo Jin, and yes, he did do many things wrong; however, let us not forget she had some culpability  also.  I like the fact that the writer is allowing this character to mature and acknowledge his mistakes.  According to the mother-in-law, Woo Jin was not an easy person to love, yet he loved her.  She had trouble expressing herself and had violent fits and humiliated him in public.  Many of you have forgotten that, but cannot forget the Joo Hyuk had the audacity to buy a game console, which Woo Jin destroyed. 

Can anyone explain to me the difference in earlier times when the husband came in from work, sit in "his" chair, read the newspaper  and had maybe a drink or cigar, cigarette or pipe, and playing a game to relax?  In both cases the husband is not helping the wife.

I love this writer and I think the actors are doing a great job. Although this drama is a fantasy (time travel or an alternative universe), many of the situations are mirror real life.  There are many marriages, around the world, where the husband and wife work; however, she does the bulk of the housework and take care of the children.  If the tables were turned and Joo Hyuk was violent with his wife, everyone would champion the fact that she wanted a divorce, and wished to be married to someone else.  Question to ponder, are we being just a little hypocritical? 

• Like 10

I think both JH and WJ are both culpable the state of their marriage, high more so maybe. I thing he took WJ for granted and became complacent which piled even more pressure on someone who wasn't good communication the first place. Scenes of an earlier cheerfulness WJ make me think his complacent led her stop even trying to talk to him as she felt is no point he just gonna do the same thing and instead she would just explode. The scenes with game console was too much though... spiteful.. first thing I though was what a cow.... no matter how angry that was to much.  Man she could a sold that richard simmons especially saying they hard up. Her mum's saying about her being difficult so we no she has a hand in their problems but his behaviour is adding much fuel to the fire. He keeps giving reasons to explode. 

Anyways after all these episodes I still wanna smack JH up side the head.  Dude needs to grow a pair. How he let that thing treat his parents like that. Also if he had a spine he wouldn't have needed to lied to HW about searching for WJ's mum. It feels like JH if HW's property.

Anyways just my 2cents after lurking. Roll on the next episodes.

• Like 9

We can't ask JH to suddenly become a better husband to HW, you have to remember he barely knows her and he is not in love with her.  Even he is trying to let go of WJ, he can't force himself to love HW. 

Yes, calling Jong Hoo is the correct choice for others, but for JH he can't even think of anything else but to help WJ first in that moment and find his mother in law. In his heart he is still the husband and son in law and it will take time to change that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Yeah could'be told Jong Hoo but in that moment and the urgency ain't nobody got time to sit and wait for Jong Hoo to arrive. Also it would have made mum more anxious as she doesn't even know him so could have made her condition worse. It was the right thing to help in that moment after all this is someone he cares for regardless of him not showing it of late, but no need to lie tell HW, let the little madame go eat up her self if she wanna be vex.

• Like 8

JH made a choice when he decided to switch wife so in my opinion, he lost the chance to be a 'husband' and a 'son-in-law' in this timeline. He had a past with them but he made the decision not to have any relationship with them. So, I think it's wrong of him to interfere with their life and still neglect his current wife. Yes, he has no memories of his wife but because of his choice, he should start living his current life. He had the chance to go to the past and fix it but he chose not to. I don't know how the writer will redeem him. I still think he's selfish and although I like that he's understanding what he did wrong, I have yet to root for him and WJ together. I still feel bad for the wife. I am curious to see how the writer will take it from here. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, mimii89 said:

JH made a choice when he decided to switch wife so in my opinion, he lost the chance to be a 'husband' and a 'son-in-law' in this timeline. He had a past with them but he made the decision not to have any relationship with them. So, I think it's wrong of him to interfere with their life and still neglect his current wife. Yes, he has no memories of his wife but because of his choice, he should start living his current life. He had the chance to go to the past and fix it but he chose not to. I don't know how the writer will redeem him. I still think he's selfish and although I like that he's understanding what he did wrong, I have yet to root for him and WJ together. I still feel bad for the wife. I am curious to see how the writer will take it from here. 

You act like he even knows his current wife the only memories of a marriage he has is with his old wife im sorry but who cares if he neglects his current wife when clearly she does not seem to care about him and he has no memories with her. 

You people really have no idea what this show i about it seems do you want him to just give up on his old wife and try to live a happily married life with his second wife? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mimii89 said:

That's why he is very conflicted and regretted his choice, in his mind he is letting go of WJ but his heart still longs for her.  Insert Selena Gomez songs "  The Heart Wants What It Wants" :lol: 

I don't feel bad for the wife because they are both being dishonest with each other, with her flirting with that college guy and trying to hide that she's married, aside from her rude  attitude. Their marriage is already a mess from the start with no foundation of LOVE from JH's part.

It's easier said than done for him to forget WJ and start living with his current life because he spends so many years with WJ and he still in love with her compared to his little times with HW ,  you can't expect him to forget those memories with WJ instantly, you have to give him time that's if he can forget her?

DlpEDmaXgAAJCt4.jpg

Interesting, maybe meeting him will trigger her memories? 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@richelle, i also at a moment feels the homeless man has a history like Joo Hyuk.  I thought things for him just goes so bad that he became in this state.

The drama is so interesting!  Through mum we knows Woo Jin's flaws.  Through mum we understood what Joo Hyuk has forgotten or has forgotten to show and care.  He is a good person and he wanted to work hard for the family.  But like @tas82 said, he took the family for granted.  He thought wife can handle all the others.  Which is true, she can but she still need husband attention, care and continusly of understanding.

Actually wife really just need a pat in the head, she will recharge in no time, forgetting all the hardworks.  Cos she is very silly in love with husband.  She also just need him to stay with her during her saddest time (her dad's memorial) and to give her support by visiting mum as she is worried dead that she will loose her mum (she loves her mum so much that she wanted to give her a big family).  Slowly she looses her sparks cos none of the above are met and she also complacent with husband empty promises.

Drowning the console is really spiteful and impulse act.  But it is consistence as she is short in fuse.  We all did regretful things when we are angry and beyond reasoning. 

I think in a relationship, there is no fairness in who should give in more or who should do more.  I feels the show wanted to tell us they forgot to love each other after all the pressures in life.  And mainly inform us that husband Joo Hyuk had forgotten his tender loving care like he used to be before marriage.  

his selfish wants have cause him to loose the only 0 in life and he has no choice but to honour it now.  To me that is his 1st "punishment". I cry with him when he threw the coin away. 

• Like 8

What if the decision of going back will solely lies with woo jin? The thing is joo hyuk already used all his coins. And the man already told him to just accept his new fate and wish woo jin happiness like a real man. Going back means woo jin needs to recover all those memories of that time line. And she needs to know that joo hyuk has made the decision of altering their lives by not choosing to help her. That would be so heart breaking but will that love of woo jin to joo hyuk enough to forgive him? I feel like going back will depend on woo jin and it will be a very hard decision for her. I want her to decide not only because of their children but also to think if they still have a future together, is their love enough to forgive. Knowing her husband has chosen somebody else instead of her and the kids will be the most painful realization:(

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Let's look at the old wife

*She puts others first before herself

*She is careless sometimes

*She obviously do not love herself

*Responsibility has been following her since young. She can't just run away so... she has to force herself. 

*Not expressive

*temper? It's inwards during younger time but the heat keeps building up. When the husband always not around including paying respect of her death father every year, his avoidance of problem by running away , bought a game console during tight financial, Yes the volcano exploded! Thinking of adding another son in her responsibility list name Jh, she can't even think of anything besides explode. Not in the right mind to destroy the console though but at the mo, she can't think straight, that explosive seems to be in high peak so to speak. 

Me: Wj ah... You are a fool but you will always loves him, admit it. :sweatingbullets:

## the only thing I dislike or seem doesn't make sense in this drama is. How can Wj not having any girlfriends? Hello writer???? Or is it because she didn't have any friends to express her depression hence the temper? 

Let's look at the new wife

*She puts herself first before others

*She also can be careless

*She only loves herself. 

*Responsibility can be bought with money

*very expressive

*temper? I'd say not much. None aggressive, when the husband ignores her, she still able to find enjoyment activities.

Let's talk about man generally. 

If he loves A more than B, chances is he will lie to B

If he loves B more than A, chances is he will lie to A

If he lies to both A+B, obviously he only loves himself. 

Talking about lies, Jh is living in a lie, no infact he is the lie himself in this new time line, no one knows him other than the old guy. 

Its really interesting if this new Wj gets to travel to the old time line. I would love to see how she likes it in her other old self. A lot of time we do not know ourself unless someone pinpoint at us. 

About Hw,  if ever this marriage broke down and she go for the playboy. The same goes to her Old time line, then I would say they are meant to be. 

The same goes to Jh and Wj, after the mess forward and backward DingDong crazy world and if they still end up together,  they are meant to be. 

I just love that the story somewhat similar to reality. 

*have you guys ever fought with bf and husband and he just ran off? 

*seems easiest way out is divorce and and remarry again? 

*easiest way out of problem is also having an affair outside? 

Jh please face it like a man my dear, Hw will not eats you up. You run till the end of the world and your problem will still follow you. It is infact your choice to choose Hw to run away from your old problem. I'd say you leads her on. At least be honest to yourself and to her. 

End of my rant. :P

Hey anyone saw this scene below? Did you have a second thoughts like me? Maybe I should stop watching kdrama

Hahahaha:sweat_smile: :joy:

BL7ZwEf.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, fans123 said:

## the only thing I dislike or seem doesn't make sense in this drama is. How can Wj not having any girlfriends? Hello writer???? Or is it because she didn't have any friends to express her depression hence the temper? 

It always happens in K-dramas land :joy:  Our main lead female characters seldom have a BFF that I find not true in real life. But well, it will facilitate the development of (triangular) love  :glasses:  And yes, I think one of the reasons why she is always so stressed in the original timeline is it seems like she doesn't have any friends or even a hobby :sweatingbullets:  

If I have to compare, I will say that in general, I have much more in common with Joo Hyk than Woo Jin. Therefore, I always find it easier to understand and feel him than her although I am a woman :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

25 minutes ago, bluesoul7 said:

It always happens in K-dramas land :joy:  Our main lead female characters seldom have a BFF that I find not true in real life. But well, it will facilitate the development of (triangular) love  :glasses:  And yes, I think one of the reasons why she is always so stressed in the original timeline is it seems like she doesn't have any friends or even a hobby :sweatingbullets:  

If I have to compare, I will say that in general, I have much more in common with Joo Hyk than Woo Jin. Therefore, I always find it easier to understand and feel him than her although I am a woman :joy:

:PWell it's easier to understand Jh 

from outsider perspective as we see it from both side. 

Its not very easy when the marriage burden went loop sided and clouded the heavy side though. 

If you are like him :P, then I am more like Wj Lmao :joy:. My Wj time already in the past. Since I learn to be selfish and love myself more, seemed that the irritation gone as time passes. 

• Like 5

@fans123that's do bong soon in that pink hood lol:lol:

I can understand woo jin more since i am a woman and even joo hyuk admits that it was him who turned woo jin into a monster. As shown in the 5 years that they are married, it seems joo hyuk had never attended his FIL's memorial rites which i am sure he knows how important that date is to both woo jin and his mom. Woo jin is sure to have a temper as her mom said and she admits it too that she has a short fuse sometimes and it seems years of neglect made her hold a lot of grudges that is why she is exploding often. I am not saying her bahavior is justified but a lot of it is because she is not given that much attention of joo hyuk. Given in this new timeline, it only shows if she does not have those hard ships, she will not end up with that temper.

I hope the writer can do something to redeem joo hyuk. Him impulsively choosing a new life without his wife and kids is just unforgiveable. The writer should show that joo hyuk still deserves woo jin and his kids in the old time line. Woo jin also needs to see her faults too. But it should be written in a way that woo jin will know what joo hyuk has done and still love and accept him:)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, richelle said:

@fans123that's do bong soon in that pink hood lol:lol:

I can understand woo jin more since i am a woman and even joo hyuk admits that it was him who turned woo jin into a monster. As shown in the 5 years that they are married, it seems joo hyuk had never attended his FIL's memorial rites which i am sure he knows how important that date is to both woo jin and his mom. Woo jin is sure to have a temper as her mom said and she admits it too that she has a short fuse sometimes and it seems years of neglect made her hold a lot of grudges that is why she is exploding often. I am not saying her bahavior is justified but a lot of it is because she is not given that much attention of joo hyuk. Given in this new timeline, it only shows if she does not have those hard ships, she will not end up with that temper.

I hope the writer can do something to redeem joo hyuk. Him impulsively choosing a new life without his wife and kids is just unforgiveable. The writer should show that joo hyuk still deserves woo jin and his kids in the old time line. Woo jin also needs to see her faults too. But it should be written in a way that woo jin will know what joo hyuk has done and still love and accept him:)

ZUz1IGF.gif

Hahahaha:joy: the moment I saw him covering Wj with the pink hoodie I was pulse for a moment.... what am I watching again? That's Bong Soon's trademark lmao:P

Back to the topic,  I actually like your idea of leaving it solely to Wj whether Jh can be brought back to his old time line. 

Before her volcano erupt in the previous episode 2, it has very much to do with the add up worried for her mom condition deteriorating. She has absolutely no time to breath not even a cup of tea like me Right Now... AHHhhhh do you know how precious is a single cup of tea moment? Hahaha:sweat_smile:(kidding :P

e1VOQBu.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Hmm.. i really do not find Ji Sung old in acting college students.  I think people just doesnt like his character. 

But i thought that is the purpose of the story.  He is the everyday salaryman who makes mistake, take things for granted and probably worked really hard hoping to bring more money home.  He is just lucky to have a chance to escape from reality and he is too happy thatit works!

But all go the wrong way when he needs to face his "ex" wife everday.  Hahaha!  Force him to think back what he has forgotten neglected and take for granted.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

Hmm.. i really do not find Ji Sung old in acting college students.  I think people just doesnt like his character. 

But i thought that is the purpose of the story.  He is the everyday salaryman who makes mistake, take things for granted and probably worked really hard hoping to bring more money home.  He is just lucky to have a chance to escape from reality and he is too happy thatit works!

But all go the wrong way when he needs to face his "ex" wife everday.  Hahaha!  Force him to think back what he has forgotten neglected and take for granted.

I just love that Jisung portrays this character so perfectly. 

Maybe if Wj gets to go to the old timeline, then she will see his side of the story. Both of them really have a serious communication breakdown. They were like 

Wj=Where is he? What the hell is he doing not home again? Why can't he answers the phone? Why can't I get the chance to finish what I'm trying to say. Why can't he helps me? Why am I doing this alone? 

I need some shoulder to cry on and a pair of ears to hear me out. 

Jh=why is she acting this way? She is the ultimate monster. She's gonna blow again, I'm not going home. Isn't it nice if she cooks for me? She likes romantic drama, she always do. She can manage the child she is tough. 

Well Jh now have got his questions answered in this new time line. I'm hoping she gets her answers too. :D

• Like 7

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time now and with the current episode, I can't help but think: How about giving a chance for Woo Jin and Jong Hoo to be happy together in the current timeline, and have Joo Hyuk to go back to the original timeline and fix his and his wife Woo Jin's problem? I think that would give justice to every character. After all, Joo Hyuk seemed to be in the current timeline to learn from his mistake, not alter their fate once again.

In short, I definitely ship the new Woo Jin with Jong Hoo. Their relationship is doing great with the minimal influence from Joo Hyuk's character.

• Like 7

@janinenana, i love the chemistry of Woo Jin and Jong Hoo too!  But i also want to see him a loving father and husband to his twins and wife in the original timeline.  Cos we heard his understanding conversation about his wife during the original timeline. :wub:

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, janinenana said:

Hello everyone! I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time now and with the current episode, I can't help but think: How about giving a chance for Woo Jin and Jong Hoo to be happy together in the current timeline, and have Joo Hyuk to go back to the original timeline and fix his and his wife Woo Jin's problem? I think that would give justice to every character. After all, Joo Hyuk seemed to be in the current timeline to learn from his mistake, not alter their fate once again.

In short, I definitely ship the new Woo Jin with Jong Hoo. Their relationship is doing great with the minimal influence from Joo Hyuk's character.

I'm actually fine either one. Jong Hoo or Joo Hyuk. But it's really hard to predict what's on this writers mind :sweatingbullets:

There are so many things I need to know like... 

1)Does the previous time line still exist after Jh crossed over? Or time stopped? 

2)How does Jh going to gain back his memory on Hw in this present time? 

3)How can Jh able to travel back to his past? He used up his free pass. 

And this teaser, can anyone guess if this Wj is the old Wj or new Wj? :P

• Like 4