Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

I think Joo Hyuk just got too much beef from some viewers. However, I like flawed characters. In the real world, there are many gray areas not just black or white. That makes it more interesting, and our characters more human. Through the drama, I see that JH saw glimpse of his failing marriage and his own doings. We should watch and support their own learning and discover to be better. 

I can't wait to watch ep 6 in sub. Woohoo!! I enjoy reading everyone's discussion too. Keep it up!!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Kooslee said:

I think Joo Hyuk just got too much beef from some viewers. However, I like flawed characters. In the real world, there are many gray areas not just black or white. That makes it more interesting, and our characters more human. Through the drama, I see that JH saw glimpse of his failing marriage and his own doings. We should watch and support their own learning and discover to be better.

I can't wait to watch ep 6 in sub. Woohoo!! I enjoy reading everyone's discussion too. Keep it up!!

I think one of the reasons I like this drama so much is the characters feel very human. 

• Like 6

Ep 6 left me speechless, like, literally speechless. I hope the writer has a greater game plan in mind. I can now fully appreciate why Ji Sung said he rejected the script offer initially. I don’t know where the writer is headed with JH. Please writer-nim, are you making JH to be an adulterer in addition to being an immature, insensitive, inconsiderate husband??? PLEASEEE DON’T DO THIS TO MY JI SUNG!

:bawling::bawling:

Please give us redeeming qualities in JH! We want to witness his growth and grow alongside with him while learning and appreciating the underlying message you have for us. For now, I’ll just comfort myself in the fact that the drama realistically presents all the characters as flawed humans as we are and this, this may perhaps be the beauty of this drama. Still, I need time to accept this role for my favorite actor Ji Sung...

Btw OST 2, Stay With Me by John Park is out 

• Like 5

Just seen episode 6 without subs... Ji Sung's character, Joohyuk, is becoming increasingly annoying as he keeps trying to stop his friend and Woojin from getting together. I'm hoping the coming episodes can redeem him a little as right now his character is just really doing all sorts of wrong things. It doesn't matter if his current wife is cheating on him or not - this does not make his own actions right. That said, I'm still enjoying this drama mainly because of the main cast and the flawed characters make it more realistic.

Also, the ending of Ep 6 makes this drama 'Familiar Husband' instead? Lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I am confused by some of these posts here, he does not know his new wife at all he was just drop into that life of course he not going to be comfortable  or consider he barely knows her.

This is going down the same path as the Go Back Couple people attaching the male lead without seeing his side.

So if he is a jerk what does that make the other characters then? I mean we cant ignore others actions and behaviors right?

Wishing for something and getting that wish or living it are 2 different things. He remember his entire past his wife is still fresh on his mine,all of this makes sense.

• Like 8

20180816_175406.gif

"Familiar Wife" reminded me of another K-drama I watched "Jealousy Incarnate". The characters of two dramas are so real and imperfect with both their good and bad personalities. This is the first drama of the writer I watched so I don't know her style. But in "Jealousy Incarnate", the characters didn't learn to grow up at all ^_^ (or at least from my point of view). In conclusion, I still like them because their actions could be wrong but their motives always come from deep down inside their pure golden heart. A good example is the scene in my gif :lol:

Since I really hate love affairs, I definitely didn't support Joo Hyuk's actions in ep 5. But I decided to wait and see what his actions will lead him to and how he will deal with it. Show me your true heart and how much you care, Cha Joo Hyuk!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I loved Ji Sung in Kill Me Heal Me. I loved all of his personalities! I think that must've been one of the most difficult roles. I don't think mental illness is funny. So I'm asking, how will he do in this drama? Any room for me in here??? :D 

Edit: I have just started this, so I won't be looking at any spoilers!! :) 

I've liked Ji Sung's acting ever since Protect the Boss. I think he is an experienced actor who breathes life into the role written for him. 

Welcome!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, qynn said:

I'm in the very minority opinion of liking Joo Hyuk - don't throw things at me - and I agree. I'm sure there are very different opinions of what kind of punishment he deserves, but I think he's heading toward his downfall with both women in the current timeline.  

Ah... watching the preview, my opinion is he is punished.  Now he got to see his wife possibly with his bff (he is the cause for his bff to become single in the first place although he is not aware) and he most probably thinking there is little chance he can undone the time travel.

*I do not hate him but i think he should be punished for his impulse decision.  Or else i might complain the show is too easy on him. Lucky he is mentally torture by loosing his original wife to another man.*

We all know he ran away! (Thats the beauty of the show.  Very real as many married couple run away from each other, forgetting why they are together in the first place). 

In his time travel journey, he even determine and bid farewell to his original wife!

Also he technically still married even he is time traveller but he return kiss to his first love!  That is already first step of unfaithful to original wife.

Tada!  He got himself "upgrade" with new wife, new house, new car, new game console. :P  he even go to bed with his new wife with memory that he is married in the other world. ((Shock))

Then fate punished him that he need to meet his original wife and spend enormous time with her. :grin:  which i give him credit that he did try to push her away but failed badly.

He then getting attracted to her!  (Understandable.  She is attractive!)  But this make him double unfaithful in both timelines.

For me the hardest part is Hye Won.  I think it is probably the writer trying to protray karma.  Cos he is "unfaithful" to his original wife, so his new timeline will give him unfaithful wife.  Just that Joo Hyuk alone already got so much on his plate.  Personally the unfaithful new wife is unneccessary (do not throw anything at me).  Maybe anyone here can share otherwise thoughts (only thing i can think of which i mentioned previously is that she is lonely and just want to have fun).

I also want to credit the writer that they ensure Joo Hyuk character towards marriage align in both timelines.  The story is protraying that joo hyuk did not spend enough time at home with his wives.

Also i think original timeline, his wife is probably having depression.  

:) apology long thoughts again.

56 minutes ago, Blue Sky said:

Joo-Hyuk wants new wife but he can’t let his original wife go <_<

So i think the show shows us the impulsive of human thinking of "what if" and the action make us really regret it.  Therefore unfaithfulness can throw out of the window cos its hypothetically of what if playing here.

But i still want joo hyuk to be punished for choosing this what if before he can head towards redemptions. :P

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

((Wave)) You should watch this drama! 

((Waves back to you)). So you think I should watch this drama? Ok. :D

5 hours ago, richelle said:

Looking forward to episode 6 tonight:)

I’m sorry I cut your post. I’m back reading. And I’m trying to start it! And I promised,  “I won’t look at spoilers!” Right? I think I couldn’t help it. I believe I looked at your post. And I think you said something about episode 6 and you smiled! I am so jealous! I wish I was on episode 6 too! 

• Like 4

Hahaha i enjoy his imagination and his almost burst of tears look.

Spoiler

Credit to author

When is the last time he patted her head in the marriage? It helps many married couple to think of when is the last time you did a very simple comforting action of by patting them telling them that you did well?

Spoiler

credit to author

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 5

Hi Jillia, apology.  I did not realise i post consecutively.  I will be careful.

Eng translate of next week preview:

WJ – In summary I had a confession in Jonglok and went to Jangyang and my heart dropped.
YJH – Can you give me the answer now, Seo Woo-jin?
SS – Woojin, no, sister-in-law, take my vow.
Everyone – Let’s play!
WJ – I am drinking soju now!
HW – Give me soju also!
JE – Maybe she has a rivalry?
JH – Can I go back to that time?
Street man – Wish for her happiness.

Spoiler

confess: i cried at the flashback when Woo Jin watches melo and  Joo Hyuk realising how he turns his wife to a monster.

• Like 4

Subs is out. Time to watch first:wub:

Jong hoo was one lucky guy lol. That imaginations alone are sure to stress joo hyuk. We need to remember he and woo jin has 12 solid years together. Their problems might have temporarily cause to forget their love but it will always be there. So i am not surprised that love for woo jin will be rekindled and joo hyuk will be going crazy to stop jong hoo from pursuing woo jin. Joo hyuk is married, that alone with make woo jin stay away from him. The characters are flawed so it makes them more human. It will be much torture to wait for the next episode lol

• Like 7

Actually, Joo Hyuk and his new wife started to make mistakes, is about mutual scams, but I think Joo Hyuk has more mistakes than his new wife. He can not control himself in a normal way. He is sensitive to Woo jin. He did not realize he had a wife. The new wife, she may be wrong, but I said she did not intend it. Young student trying to approach her scam her for benefits. Is she going to make a mistake with Joo Hyuk? But I think he's having both past and present mistakes that are going to happen. In the past he was wrong, ignoring the big story of life, he looked back through the thought that it was just a little normal in life. Nowadays, he is wrong, not paying attention to his new wife as well. He is going crazy about Woo jin. I think even though he changed the path he chose, it seemed that life was not as he wanted it to be. He will have to lose again.:(

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

Actually, Joo Hyuk and his new wife started to make mistakes, is about mutual scams, but I think Joo Hyuk has more mistakes than his new wife. He can not control himself in a normal way. He is sensitive to Woo jin. He did not realize he had a wife. The new wife, she may be wrong, but I said she did not intend it. Young student trying to approach her scam her for benefits. Is she going to make a mistake with Joo Hyuk? But I think he's having both past and present mistakes that are going to happen. In the past he was wrong, ignoring the big story of life, he looked back through the thought that it was just a little normal in life. Nowadays, he is wrong, not paying attention to his new wife as well. He is going crazy about Woo jin. I think even though he changed the path he chose, it seemed that life was not as he wanted it to be. He will have to lose again.:(

So only he is wrong here  right? So everyone else get excuses but him. :huh:

This drama is just getting started lets let the story flow and see whats what.

• Like 4

Woah woah..... Joo Hyuk is unbelievable! He hated Woo-Jin so much when she first started the job even try to get her to transfer to a new branch and now he is all over sensitive to her. Let Woo-Jin lives her life. I know that they are ex but this is so wrong. This is a new life for both but he can’t seems to take that in. He made a change to their life because he doesn’t want to be in her life anymore. 

Furthermore, Joo-Hyuk seems to forgot about Hyewon who he was so desperated to marry. I feel bad for Hyewon. Her husband forgets her and a college student trying to scam her for wealth. 

At first, I pitied Joo-Hyuk and understood his choice to change his life but now he is just an inconsiderate, thoughtless and “toxic” man. 

Edit: THANK GOODNESS! Joo-Hyuk realizes what he was doing the whole time at the end of ep 6. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

So only he is wrong here  right? So everyone else get excuses but him. :huh:

This drama is just getting started lets let the story flow and see whats what.

I comment and guess according to the current events.:) I understand that it is the beginning to pave the way for the role of drama. Every character has both a cause and a consequence.:wub:

The ratings are expected to be over 7%:thumbsup:

image.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I see a lot of difference of opinion on JH's feelings. 

Here is my take on it. 

I feel that there are some inconsistencies in the whole original marriage that we don't know about. 

1. JH seems to be a kind loving man when they were dating. He tutored her and his mom-in-law clearly loves him. She definitely had an extra dependency on him especially emotional and showered a lot of love on him. After marriage, she might have had some fairy tale expectations which may not have been met by him. We still don't know.  In the little clip where he spent time with his kids, it sure looked like he was basking in happiness around his babies. It's not like he neglected them. 

2. More than neglecting, it is a classic case of workaholic character. Some parents, especially in asian culture, focus so much on the finances and working day and night for the kids that they forget that showing love is more important than money. All men want to do after a day of work is unwind: games, brainless tv, etc. If that's the case, the woman should make sure to set times for his "him" time and make sure she gets attention. Here, that did not happen.

Slowly the wife feels no love from him and expresses her anger. Just shouting and venting the anger never lets him understand her true feelings. This results in him, immersing himself in his personal activities and work, slowly neglecting her. More neglect results in her being more of a recluse, not sharing her feelings. This avalanche chain effect needs to be broken and talked through. 

The modern timeline: 

1.  Right now, JH is totally confused. He is just analyzing his original timeline and reflecting on his behavior. He was just an impulsive experimenter who was like :"what if I didn't help my wife in the bus that day?" and then now realizing the effect a simple event could have done. He is obsessed with a new version of his wife. I do not blame him for being obsessed, she was his wife. This new version of her reminds him of why he fell in love with her in the first place. He realizes why he might be a huge factor on changing his wife. 

2. I know the current wife is trying pursue other relationships and she is wavering. It's not because of JH but due to her lack of morals. JH, on the other hand, is still dealing with his timetravel adventure, with no recollection of the marriage to his current wife. The one thing he can do before he hurts anyone is to pump the brakes, analyze that the might be disrespectful to the current wife by spending no time with her (though she is not so respectful towards him or his family). He should do the right thing and first end his relationship with his current wife. Obviously he doesn't consider her to be his wife. So divorce her. Be single and sort things out slowly. 

• Like 14

30 minutes ago, Sunset90 said:

2. I know the current wife is trying pursue other relationships and she is wavering. It's not because of JH but due to her lack of morals. JH, on the other hand, is still dealing with his timetravel adventure, with no recollection of the marriage to his current wife. The one thing he can do before he hurts anyone is to pump the brakes, analyze that the might be disrespectful to the current wife by spending no time with her (though she is not so respectful towards him or his family). He should do the right thing and first end his relationship with his current wife. Obviously he doesn't consider her to be his wife. So divorce her. Be single and sort things out slowly. 

I agree. Joo-Hyuk doesn’t remember Hye-Won is his wife. To me, Joo-Hyuk is someone who doesn’t think before making decision or the consequence of his action. If Joo-Hyuk wants to make it right, like you said divorce Hyewon and tries to pursue Woo-Jin if he really does have feeling for her again. Basically, Joo-Hyuk is making Woo-Jin falls for a married man and he is falling for her. This is very wrong. It’s doesnt matter if they are married in the original timeline. 

• Like 6