Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

Yoo recovering and being attended by DW who is such a romantic at heart actually, and Bon asks AR to go to the airport with him.

Yoo: Go straight.
DW: Go straight.
Yoo: Turn right.
DW: Oops. Turn right.
Yoo: Go straight.
DW: Go straight.
Yoo: Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!
DW: No, no, no, no, no. You can’t go outside yet.
Yoo: Oh, I’m so frustrated. Hey! Then, let’s just get a breath of fresh air and then come back. (at DW’s silence) Huh? Huh? (DW turns back to the window) Huh? Hey! Huh?
DW: Just look at it with your eyes.
Yoo: Shee. There is no nonsense spewing nag like you. Shee. (seeing the leaf on the window) What is that, that it’s still stuck there?
DW: The story by O. Henry, “The Last Leaf”. Don’t you know it? I stuck it up there so that sunbae would wake up. I grabbed that at the park the other time.

(flashback)
DW: Just a minute.
Yoo: Hm? (DW picks a leaf out of her hair)
(end flashback)

Yoo: Yah, Ra Do Woo, I thought you were just into electronics, but you were also into literature.
DW: Well, as for me-
(AR and Bon come in to interrupt them)
AR: President.
Yoo: You came?
Bon: Is it okay for you to be sitting like this?
Yoo: Of course. But, what is that around your neck?
AR: It looks good on him, doesn’t it?
DW: Sunbae’s taste, really… I feel as if I know it, but then I don’t.  (LOL. He’s obliquely calling the scarf unusual and not in a flattering way.)
Bon: It’s ajumma taste.
DW: Ah.
Yoo: They saying you’re going overseas.
Bon: Yes. Let’s see each other after I get back.
Yoo: Yes.

(outside at the car)
Bon: Get in.
AR: Bon-sshi, aren’t you going to the airport?
Bon: Be a driver-for-hire for me.
AR: Yes?
Bon: Take my friend to the airport, and then drive him back to the parking garage. How about it?
AR: Then what about the fee for driving?
Bon: I’ll give you double. But no more than that.
AR: I mean, is asking me to see you off so very difficult?
Bon: Get in.

edit: "The Last Leaf" by O. Henry, plot with ending so very big spoiler of the story

Spoiler

This is a short story where an elderly artist encourages a young artist who has pneumonia to live. She's convinced that when an ivy outside her window loses all of its leaves that she will also die. However, the last leaf doesn't die and she recovers. It turns out that the elderly artist had painted the last leaf on the wall outside her window. However, the elderly artist catches pneumonia from being in the cold and wet to paint that leaf, and he dies.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That's really too bad....:lol:

I think I'm having a withdrawal already... don't feel like catching up on other dramas, thinking that there will be no more Bon to watch next week. Although I have other dramas for Weds-Thurs, this is the one that I look forward to the most. It will be so different and I believe I will feel so lost come Weds night for live streaming :(

I really really hope there will be at least a movie soon, although I just remember JIS might be busy for Waikiki season 2? Really missing the gang at KIS... even Kwon moved to live there too :P I can't imagine how Mi Nam is living without his new friends... no wonder he said it's boring at the coffee shop.

:mellow: Me I'm gonna miss this drama, watching it progressively I dropped other ones I tried after Dear Judge.

Spoiler

JYT fan me didn't watch only his scenes in case some were wondering :lol: (ok maybe a little too obsessed with him until these days but that's writernim <_<fault for putting him in danger since so many EPs :rolleyes:

I really appreciated this drama ok maybe not main reasons same for everyone but that means great drama to me, managing to interest different tastes viewers (an other case seemed to be Chief Kim ) Nice filming & casting & acting, great chemi between main characters endearing dispite their flaws but so more interesting like that actually ( I mean even the real villains I didn't feel like zapping their scenes ) , the plot, behind its apparent predictability, in fact original and surprising ideas (ajjuma saving the hero this by example :D) or twists. 

I understand people would like to watch dramas for romantic stories, I like that too but personally family and friendship topics well made can win my heart too. That's why I liked so much Go Back Couple :wub: and I am a fan of bromances (I am still waiting for a drama with great sistermance but... Maybe didn't watch the right ones...)

Same time so many dramas these days with early kisses (many in unnatural circumstances ) or used kdramas tropes

Spoiler

(the only fall into arms trope I liked is Terius one the sad one when Mr Bon run to catch up JYT just after he's been shot :tears: 

se3_ani_1542403868081_a.gif?type=w800

ah sorry romantic ones? Still waiting for convincing examples...:rolleyes: ok let say I'm harsh

So the nuanced slowly growing relationship between leads because / despite their circumstances was even more ok with me and the khokho nose kisses idea awww heart melting :heart:

Arg what am I going to watch now ? Maybe JangNara new drama The last Empress but.. seems so serious , scary in a way ...

@stroppyseThanks again for all the translations , it helps, by example it was interesting to know SHJ didn't know from start his evil hero wasn't really one from heart but made by circumstances .

I think SHJ totally managed his villain char challenge anyway. JYT was really beginning to lose his soul at the beginning of the drama, this bad or at least mean aura sometimes wasn't fake... but still nuanced personality so endearing from start indeed even before the bromance line

Spoiler

JYT so many sides of him from beginning...

P181117_050707.jpg?type=w800

hopefully for him, his path crossed Mrs Go and Mr Bon ones 

Mrs Go not knowing he's alive this idea, personally I hope not ?

And his brother was busy but now if his char stays alone that would be sad, it's his brother after all... Want to believe still in contact somehow even later :)

• Like 6

My withdrawal syndrome is worst than I thought. I'm not in the mood to watch any k drama yet. But I marathon Master's Sun last night because I miss Terius so much :bawling:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

My initial reaction to the end of Terius Behind Me was, "Give me Season 2!!!!!!" 

After the last couple of episodes solely focused on the spy part of the show, those final 20 mins were previous. Returning to life with Joon-Joon, King Castle apartments and the KIS, Yoon and DW all soft and fluffy, JYT oozing an uncomfortable amount of self-confidence, and of course Bon and Ae Rin's constantly growing gentle affection... It was like enjoying a cool drink on a hot day, so refreshing. 

That the show then had to end, just as we returned to what we all most enjoyed about it, was a hard parting. Combine that with the seeds of a new set-up the writer gave us; Kwon moving into the King Castle apartments and joining KIS, Yoon and DW as a couple, JYT already bored of the coffee shop (you know an old con-man like him isn't going to be able to stay out of trouble), Joon-Joon about to start elementary school, plus Bon and AR going on missions together (I imagine for budget reasons they'd skip NY and show us missions based in Seoul!). Yeah, sign me up for season 2! I want to see how all those stories weave together and play out. 

If this is where we say a final goodbye to Terius and Alice though, it's ok. Terius cleared his name, K met his end, AR got justice for her husband, and the whole conspiracy was brought to light and defeated. That through this Bon and AR met and became each other's strength and support was the highlight of the show (other than every scene with Joon-Joon). We can say goodbye to them as they sip their mojitos at Namsen Tower knowing that they'll have each other's back going forward, and that nothing going to stop them growing closer and closer together (especially now that Kwon the bulldozer is actively involved, nothing says, "sorry for thinking you were a traitor and hunting you for three years" like being your wingman to get you set up with the woman you love!) 

I'd love to get more, but I'm happy with what we got. Thanks to the writer, PD, actors, and crew!

• Like 8

Just done watching this. Anyone else feels like there's still unfinished business with the fact that they didn't address the issue of Joon-Joon still not knowing that their father died, and they don't look like they miss him at all???

• Like 4

Is there anyone still around here :huh: Cuz I wanna ask some questions about the spy storyline of this drama. I've noticed that most of you guys here seem to be more interested in the romance storyline~~ but I just cannot sleep well when all my questions about my favorite drama haven't been explained... from which I could see from the last two eps, Shim was the one who took the usb in Poland from the beginning. Then what is the reason that made Yoon changed his mind to keep YoungTae alive when he informed him about Bon's secret Swiss safe? I mean what he expected to be found in that safe tho? The only unclear thing about the Candy Operation is the last file which is also the USB, but Shim already took it, he should have told Yoon about that, cuz afterall they worked together tho... so is this a plot hole? Or did I miss anything? Somebody please tell me T_T

And btw, about the Swiss safe, whose idea was that? JYT or Bon? If it was JYT's, then what was the point of the scene where YT and Bon stood next to a bridge drinking coffee and YT ask him what's inside the safe etc etc.. I'm just confused @@... enlighten me pls <3 thanks so much!!

• Like 4

https://dramacurrent.com/2018/11/17/kdrama-club-terius-behind-me/

Terius fans waiting for your comments

Example choosed completely neutrally of course :phew::rolleyes::lol:

TheKThree Karen’s Comment:

Who was your favorite character? Why were they your favorite? Son Ho Jun as CEO Jin stole the show. He struck the balance between gravitas and lightness, from anger at having a plan go awry, to total arrogance in assuming that Ae Rin, of course, has a crush on him because of his amazing good looks. The moment where he shared his KDrama trope-ic “tragic backstory” about why he became a con artist especially stood out, because his character was completely self-effacing, admitting basically that, “Yeah, I know we’ve all got our sad stories, but this is mine and why I am what I am.” It’s not heavy and sob-inducing, which fits a scene where he is recovering from an attack wound in an unused patient room at an OB/GYN clinic.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

39 minutes ago, joanieha said:

Is there anyone still around here :huh: Cuz I wanna ask some questions about the spy storyline of this drama. I've noticed that most of you guys here seem to be more interested in the romance storyline~~ but I just cannot sleep well when all my questions about my favorite drama haven't been explained... from which I could see from the last two eps, Shim was the one who took the usb in Poland from the beginning. Then what is the reason that made Yoon changed his mind to keep YoungTae alive when he informed him about Bon's secret Swiss safe? I mean what he expected to be found in that safe tho? The only unclear thing about the Candy Operation is the last file which is also the USB, but Shim already took it, he should have told Yoon about that, cuz afterall they worked together tho... so is this a plot hole? Or did I miss anything? Somebody please tell me T_T

And btw, about the Swiss safe, whose idea was that? JYT or Bon? If it was JYT's, then what was the point of the scene where YT and Bon stood next to a bridge drinking coffee and YT ask him what's inside the safe etc etc.. I'm just confused @@... enlighten me pls <3 thanks so much!!

It could be a plot hole. In eps 13 , all JYT told Yoon was that there were some secrets related to Candy but did not explicitly mention that it was the USB. So my guess is that Yoon thinks there must be more files etc related to the Candy operation, hence did not kill JYT at that time. It was Bon's idea. Bon would have prepped JYT of all possibilities and asked him to use it if his life was in danger. In fact, Aerin asked him in the last episode as well..whether it really existed...and he said it was a secret.....i doubt it even exist....but then again, where do you think Bon hid all his cash to by his Jaguars and equipment? :w00t:

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Just done watching this. Anyone else feels like there's still unfinished business with the fact that they didn't address the issue of Joon-Joon still not knowing that their father died, and they don't look like they miss him at all???

I am not bugged by this. I can tell you from my own experience,  kids at that age will not miss a parent who has not been present in their everyday lives. He was hardly home, working late and most of the child rearing was done by AeRin. She did tell them he went far far away for a few years. So she will have to tell them when they are older and can grasp the concept of death better. It's different if your fish dies vs telling them your father is dead.  Given the tone of the drama and the amount of stuff it had to address, i believe that it would not advance the plot or add value to it to show the kids pining for their father. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, joanieha said:

Yeah, I think we all thought Candy's final USB drive would be there, but that had always confused me because I figured whoever shot Bon must have had time to take the drive from him.

They must have known that Bon has been after them for three years. My guess is that they thought that if he has a secret Swiss safe that he must have collected information about them that they wouldn't want revealed. 

The last episode revealed that JYP made up that story on the spot to save himself, and after that Bon went along with it since it was useful lure. As for not sharing the secret with YT, well it wouldn't be the first time he's withheld information from her. A good spy keeps as many secrets as he can.

• Like 5

I hope there will be a sequel to all this... Did anyone else see the Airplane tickets?? The date on there was for

December 22, 2019 -- we're still in 2018, maybe this gives all a time to make the next sequel...

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@triplem  abt that swiss secret safe, if you guys noticed, when yoo ask Bon what is inside that safe during all five of them sitting together discussing the next step to invade yoon house, Bon look at aerin for a while before answered 'it is a secret'. And he keep saying it was a secret when aerin ask it later on. This made me wonder if something inside that safe is related to aerin? Safe aint for keeping money only right? He must keep something belonging that could be related to aerin? But he still didnt disclose what is inside it till the end of series... and if that safe aint even exist, then what's the point Bon lying to them abt it? He can just reveal that it doesnt even exist? And if he only keep money there, again what's the point of saying it is a secret everytime he get asked abt it? It's like there's more to it.. Hmm looking at this, is the writer alr intend to give us a second season at this point? :phew:

@junejungki as for me to treat my withdrawal symptom, im rewatching naked fireman bc i miss our supermum a.k.a alice lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@joanieha the safe was made up by JYT. Bon just goes along with his lie. When they were discussing at the river, they're probably discussing "so, what should be inside the safe?" I don't know. We might be at a disadvantage because of reading the subs and not understanding the original. 

Bon has to keep the lie with everyone else. Like triplem said a good spy keeps as many secrets as possible, and don't let unnecessary ppl in on the truth. Later I remember he confessed to AR that there is nothing. It's made up by con-man JYT. Anyway, the spy aspect was never the strongest. And I guess the Cornerstone organization is much bigger and they've only captured the Korea end of it, some operations still going on worldwide, at least in Poland. 

@gilaswan my thought is the same as triplem above

@lovekda december 2019, come faster :lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

After finishing the latest episode, here's what I think and I want :

1. They don't give me the ending that I want but I kind of understand why they make that kind of ending... At least OTP are honest with their feeling for each other..

2. Rather than season 2, I want a movie for their NY mission..

3. I hope TBM won many awards at MBC drama awards 2018..

4. I want JIS to win an award (maybe best actress award).  According to wikipedia, she haven't won any award throughout her career... Smh

5. I want JIS and SJS won best couple award (I know it's close to impossible):sweatingbullets:

6. I hope dispatch do their job and release news of OTP dating on 1st January 2019...:lol::lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

My Secret Terrius: Episodes 31-32 (Final)

by Helcat

MST3132_00269.jpg

Well, it’s time to say goodbye folks. I know that I for one will miss all the silly capers and sweet relationships this show brought every week but at least all the characters we know and love get a send-off today. And it doesn’t hurt that a whole boatload of fun is crammed in, reminding us of what this show did best as we leave it behind for good.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/my-secret-terrius-episodes-31-32-final/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Real otp..

2 hours ago, Shuugo Hu said:

6. I hope dispatch do their job and release news of OTP dating on 1st January 2019...:lol::lol:

Lmfaoooo... im cracking so hard with this!

I want JIS to win an award (maybe best actress award).  According to wikipedia, she haven't won any award throughout her career... Smh

Cjes announced that jis will attend asia artist award (AAA), i dunno bc she will receive an award there or she just attend it. I hope for the first one tho

. I hope TBM won many awards at MBC drama awards 2018..

Agreed! They deserved it. I also noticed shopping king louie; the writer previous work also obtained a lot of award so i hope it will goes the same with TBM.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

6 hours ago, larus said:

My Secret Terrius: Episodes 31-32 (Final)

by Helcat

ell, it’s time to say goodbye folks. I know that I for one will miss all the silly capers and sweet relationships this show brought every week but at least all the characters we know and love get a send-off today. And it doesn’t hurt that a whole boatload of fun is crammed in, reminding us of what this show did best as we leave it behind for good.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/my-secret-terrius-episodes-31-32-final/

How crazily I liked JYT, him dying subplot could have happen , hopefully drama wasn't in mood for it. The heart sticker with blood on his hand was one of the images Ill remember from last EP , done on purpose to make us cry surely but well that or cuteness tropes I signed for that while watching this drama

This being said major part of final thoughts on JYT talked to me so I'll paste it if it's ok

"thankfully, the old rule of “no body, no death” held true, and our handsome, preening, ridiculous con-man made it through alive. With extra-gooey “brother” love between him and Bon as well, so I’m sitting over here very satisfied indeed. Yong-tae’s ending did have shades of melancholy to it, as he was cut off from his tentative newly-found family, presumably never to see them again in case Cornerstone realizes he’s alive. He does have penance to pay after all those years working as a bad guy though—maybe a boring, honest life is exactly what Yong-tae needs to prove to himself that he became a better person. His one heroic act was a start, but now Yong-tae has to do the hard work of actually living as a good person. I think he’ll be all right—he even has his sweet little pen-pal relationship with Mr. Park "

Me again

I quite thought naively that thanks to his new ID cornerstone would ignore he's still alive. But Mr Bon and Mrs Go live a "normal" life but surely cornerstone then know about them? If not how would they target JYT / WMN ? But then why only him ? Bcs a "traitor"? Right now Mrs Go and Mr Bon are the more dangerous for illegal groups...

haha searching a way to justify not having ouri JYT lonely . But in any case I don't want him to put his life in great danger again I'd prefer he could change face again haha 3 names - 3 birthdates & already 2 deaths dates (just stop here for long thanks) & 2 faces why not a 3rd face ha joking

seriously as 2nd face wasn't his idea psychologically it's already harsh enough, do people realize that ? Mr Bon did, maybe I see JYT the same way as he does... I'm quite sure him being ridiculously fond of his own looks is a consequence of that, his way to cope with it... 

And about paying price for me risking his life was already doing it & I would see him more finding a way now to earn honestly haha a lot of money to reimburse anonymously the ones he scammed in the past , behind appareant corny personality he's smart he could do it secretly.  After all 1 item menu coffeeshop has boring moments too. 

About the award that'll be great, hope drama will be recognized

Edit : awww, maybe not linked to ratings themselves but anyway ouri MiNam JYT coffeeshop scene was mentioned in 3rd place as this week TV moments well received by viewers 

http://www.sisunnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=93149#_enliple

:wub: I feel proud of him :joy:

93149_206553_2418.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shuugo Hu said:

2. Rather than season 2, I want a movie for their NY mission..

3. I hope TBM won many awards at MBC drama awards 2018..

4. I want JIS to win an award (maybe best actress award).  According to wikipedia, she haven't won any award throughout her career... Smh

5. I want JIS and SJS won best couple award (I know it's close to impossible):sweatingbullets:

Ditto the above esp (6) :lol::lol: (wishful thinking)

i remember JIS bad rapping in Waikiki, listened to her made me cringe so badly.  I really admire her courage taking that role so i do hope she will win something for her work.  She should take some lessons from SJS on how to rap :lol:

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, zba72 said:

Ditto the above esp (6) :lol::lol: (wishful thinking)

i remember JIS bad rapping in Waikiki, listened to her made me cringe so badly.  I really admire her courage taking that role so i do hope she will win something for her work.  She should take some lessons from SJS on how to rap :lol:

I don't watch waikiki.. It's not my type of drama... But I watched that clip while searching #junginsun on ig... I can only watched once.. So cringey... :lol:

• LOL 6

The "red carpet" arrival for Wrap-up Party. Mr.Bon just waltzed right into the building, all covered with mask and cap, without stopping for camera. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4