Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

I just really love the way that they have developed Kim Bon.  His clothing is not all muscle shirts and tight pants.  It is more about just being very non-descript and blending in.  His mannerisms are great as well.  He does not come off as cocky or super elite out in public or in interacting with people in general.  However, his skills shine through as he quickly and efficiently disarms Joon Soo of his plastic sword with a towel.  That had to be one of the funniest scenes of the episode, especially because Ji Yeon at that same time in the background is explaining all of his various spy skills.  That entire scene plays out so well because Ji Yeon's description is countered by Kim Bon's utter domesticity playing with the kids. 

I forgot to add one thing.  When Je Yeon said he was a master of disguises, I cracked up.  In almost every scene so far So Ji Sub is so much taller than everyone around him.  He stands out like a handsome thumb on an ugly hand.  Not sure that in real life he would have ever made it as a spy.  There is just no way one would not notice him in a crowd. 

Edited by larrysouth
Additional Comment
  • Like 10
  • Haha 4

Just a quick note about the Korean title of this drama. The literal translation of the title is "Behind Me is Terius" or "Terius Behind Me", but the meaning is more like saying "Terius has my back," so it's as if saying "Terius is keeping an eye on me and will step in when he has to." I wasn't sure that the English title was conveying that sentiment, so I just wanted to mention it. Sorry for repeating this if it's something that you all already knew. :)

And changing the subject a bit, I have to say, everytime I see Terius stoic face playing off against the mischievous tornados aka The Twins, it totally cracks me up. Makes my day actually. :D Happy to see that we'll get more scenes of Terius vs The Twins.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just a quick note about the Korean title of this drama. The literal translation of the title is "Behind Me isTerius" or "Terius Behind Me", but the meaning is more like saying "Terius has my back," so it's as if saying "Terius is keeping an eye on me and will step in when he has to." I wasn't sure that the English title was conveying that sentiment, so I just wanted to mention it. Sorry for repeating this if it's something that you all already knew. :)

And changing the subject a bit, I have to say, everything I see Terius stoic face playing off against the mischievous tornados aka The Twins, it totally cracks me up. Makes my day actually. :D Happy to see that we'll get more scenes of Terius vs The Twins.

It's not only you. The twins stole the show. Infact, unless the drama doesn't show the mischievous twins, they are the lead characters for now as far as I'm concerned.(My family and extended family has up to 8 set of twins of which I am among. It's still war anytime we find ourselves together. The adults will be very stubborn while the younger ones will be so competitive and mischievous that some times we deliberately avoid get togethers :lol:)

The writer must have been one:lol: cos that's how they behave and seeing Terius face always remind me that behind that face, he must be dying inside with laughter:lol:

Where did they get these kids from?

I think they will be told to do what they know how to do best which is being mischievous and they will be having so much fun. I envy them.

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just a quick note about the Korean title of this drama. The literal translation of the title is "Behind Me isTerius" or "Terius Behind Me", but the meaning is more like saying "Terius has my back," so it's as if saying "Terius is keeping an eye on me and will step in when he has to." I wasn't sure that the English title was conveying that sentiment, so I just wanted to mention it. Sorry for repeating this if it's something that you all already knew. :).....

I didn't know!  And I had been wondering about it ever since I first saw the title of the show.  Somehow it just didn't make sense but now it does.  Thank you!

• Like 10

Hello everyone!  I'm enjoying your posts!

On 9/29/2018 at 7:42 PM, supergal99 said:

Uri Kim Bon (sounds like James Bond ops:P)

Yes!  I was thinking of Jason Bourne, though.  I was getting all kinds of Bourne Identity vibes ... even the frantic chasing music.  I'm really liking the set-up and the actors.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:57 AM, larrysouth said:

I just really love the way that they have developed Kim Bon.  His clothing is not all muscle shirts and tight pants.  It is more about just being very non-descript and blending in.  His mannerisms are great as well.  He does not come off as cocky or super elite out in public or in interacting with people in general.  However, his skills shine through as he quickly and efficiently disarms Joon Soo of his plastic sword with a towel.  That had to be one of the funniest scenes of the episode, especially because Ji Yeon at that same time in the background is explaining all of his various spy skills.  That entire scene plays out so well because Ji Yeon's description is countered by Kim Bon's utter domesticity playing with the kids. 

Yes!  I think he is one for blending in, but his skills shine (more Bourne vibes); however, as you said, SJS stands out in a crowd!  :wub:  

This is going to be fun!

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Apparently MBC is my network bestie right now. Mon Tue  is Bad Papa. Wed Thur- Terius Behind Me. Saturday Hide and Seek :D

@supergal99 I approve of that MBC fan service. Too cute too handsome SJS with that serious face too.  I'm free tomorrow so I can watch raw. .wooooh

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

Hello everyone,

I am new here on this thread. Just finished off a drama and started this one. I am loving SJS's character and soo into these secret agents stuff. I'm glad that SJS was chose to play the role. In my opinion, he plays a perfect secret agent. :lol: Plus really loving Waikiki Sol's mom playing in here, too. :D

Look forward to this journey with you all. :)

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

This caption was actually pretty cute, so I translated it below the insta.

Translation:

Who would dare speak lightly of childcare…?
#Kim Bon who is under the spell of the children’s pleas for “just one more time”,
is he feeling that he wants to return to Poland…?

LOL. So, for anyone reading the thread, but not necessarily watching the drama, Poland is where things went hell in a handbasket as the (beautiful, well-fed) North Korean scientist that KB had been watching over was killed. That was also his last assignment before he went off the grid to the NIS.

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

HELLO SPY CHINGUSSSSSSS!

I am so glad to see some of my favorite commenters on this thread. @stroppyse and others. Let's make this thread great!

A few takeaways from the first four episodes:

While I hate that As-Rin's husband passed away, when they showed them fighting in the first episode, I got Familiar Wife feels. I think this is a trope we will continue to see in a lot of dramas. This idea that women can successfully be working mothers in Korea. Even my mother got offended when her husband suggested she get a milk delivery job so she could be back home to feed the kids breakfast. I don't think he really understood her when she expressed wanting more for herself. 

I am excited that she is working for the "bad guy". One, he is used to other people doing his dirty work for him. Two, he appears to be narcissistic and sly, which is perfect for a cunning mother such as Ae-Rin, Also, I found it interesting that he felt guilty enough to offer her a job when she clearly represents everything he hates. When the other secretary was leaving, she gave me the impression of a former jilted lover who moved on to get revenge and so he fired her. Ae-Rin is tough as nails and she thinks very quickly on her feet. I can totally see him falling hard for her.

I like how Kim Bon, in all of his gloom and isolation fits right in with her and those kids. What a delight to watch him interacting with those rambunctious twins. You know he is a good person with a good heart because those kids wouldn't have gone along so well with him. I see them becoming more disciplined with the special ops agent.

The stay-at-home parents group. Excellent casting and boy do they run the neighborhood. Honestly, that is how it should be. I love them showing the parental father and how well he matches with the moms. They work together. They shop and save together. Not to mention they provide great comic relief to the storyline. Ae Rin's friend, Eun Ha is like an army general. I especially loved how well she organized to find the twins, while simultaneously, we watched the NIS director lose Kim Bon. 

I kept wondering why did Ae Rin's husband drive back home? I would have drove straight to the nearest police station. Also, it is clear that there is a rat in the NIS and Kim Bon found out who it was which is why they want to capture him so badly. How long before Ae Rin realizes that she saw the now dead Blue House Security head at her new office?

• Like 14

Hiya @nubianlegalmind! It's nice to see you on this thread as well. It was great reading your post, and you bring up some good, pertinent points which led to some musings of my own.

1 hour ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I like how Kim Bon, in all of his gloom and isolation fits right in with her and those kids. What a delight to watch him interacting with those rambunctious twins. You know he is a good person with a good heart because those kids wouldn't have gone along so well with him. I see them becoming more disciplined with the special ops agent.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is in agreement that KB and the kids are so fantastic. I agree that even as they work their magic on him, that he'll have some good effect on the kids as well, and perhaps they'll learn more discipline, but I think more likely that they'll develop more productive outlets for their boundless energy. Though, I am hoping that the twins learn some spy skills from KB. :)

The stay-at-home parents group. Excellent casting and boy do they run the neighborhood. Honestly, that is how it should be. I love them showing the parental father and how well he matches with the moms. They work together. They shop and save together. Not to mention they provide great comic relief to the storyline. Ae Rin's friend, Eun Ha is like an army general. I especially loved how well she organized to find the twins, while simultaneously, we watched the NIS director lose Kim Bon.  

I'm still laughing at how the neighborhood info gathering system was so much more effective at apprehending their man than the NIS was. I mean, both Terius and K are experienced black ops guys. So, even funnier that K was apprehended by the collective might of the ajummas. Think of what Eun Ha could do with the NIS assets at her disposal to augment the ajumma collective. :lol:

When the other secretary was leaving, she gave me the impression of a former jilted lover who moved on to get revenge and so he fired her.

I didn't actually get the vibe that the former secretary had been a jilted lover. Rather, the secretary was fired for daring to get married at all. Yong Ji Tae wants a secretary who doesn't have a life of her own so that she can be at his beck and call as he needs her. A secretary with a husband and children may choose to forgo work that YJT wants done in order to be with her family instead. So, YJT's secretary deliberately places an ad which said that a secretary who was married and had many kids was preferable which led to AR's first interview with YJT.

YJT doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would normally date his own secretary, so it's going to be fun to see him falling for AR now. Not that she'll have anything to do with him, of course. :)

I kept wondering why did Ae Rin's husband drive back home?

I keep wondering if AR's husband was truly just an innocent bystander.

How long before Ae Rin realizes that she saw the now dead Blue House Security head at her new office?

Good question.

• Like 12

Ahhh So Ji Sub should really get married & hv a set of terror twins himself . He obviously adores them off screen as well. 

Fan cam taken 

Just realised that the guy who plays the handsome assassin was in DOTS as Daniel. No wonder he was spouting some English there :D . 

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, triplem said:

Just realised that the guy who plays the handsome assassin was in DOTS as Daniel. No wonder he was spouting some English there :D . 

LOL. Yes, that's K, and he was Dr. Daniel in DotS. He's a Korean-Canadian actor named Jasper Cho. His accent shows that he grew up in Canada/US. I hear his Korean is fluent as well, though I haven't actually heard him speak any yet. :)

And, he is very cute, even if he is a baddie.

Btw, I love that in the instagram that you posted of SJS and the girl twin, she ever so naturally climbs into his lap and starts on the exerciser with him. Aww.... :wub:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

@stroppyse No wonder K has that accent . What I’m slightly unsure  about is why Jin Yong Tae wanted K to kill that congressman / government official. I remember that K killed Ae Rin’s Husband because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time . Does JYT smuggle weapons or something? 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8

49 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I love that in the instagram that you posted of SJS and the girl twin, she ever so naturally climbs into his lap and starts on the exerciser with him. Aww.... :wub:

I so want to tell the person recording the video, please do not ever move your shot away from the celebrity you're fancam-ing for best result... lol... nevertheless, a big thanks still to him/her for sharing that bit of cute... just that I am now hungry for another angle/video of what happened while the camera shifted for that second...  :D 

Did you notice how she shoved his right hand away like a boss from his lap so she can sit on it?

SJS must be having a very hard time keeping his face straight while acting with the kids.... I want to see BTS!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

New ep today!!! Ive been rewatching the four previous ep for 3 times alr!!! Glad i can get a new one today:) hopefully for today, the story will be getting better (more cuteness between terius and the twins, more romance between terius and aerin) and yes hoping that they wont tone down aerin's character much, now that they will be focusing more on how terius babysit the twins. Im also excited on how aerin will tackle that cold ceo's heartB)

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

update from 51k (click to enlarge) 

image.png

By the way, is the writer a fan of Secret Garden? The meta cameo of Hyun Bin---

Spoiler

DoPjPo2UwAEqSRm.jpgDoPjPo-UwAAZrzx.jpgDoPjPo4UUAAWXGo.jpgDoPjPo0U0AASCsa.jpg

and his tracksuit reference was hilarious

Spoiler

DoPlQWkVAAEEe7E.jpgDoPlQWiU8AAaRR8.jpgDoPlQWjUUAA3NL2.jpgDoPlQWlUwAA7OeW.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, triplem said:

There you go! I kept trying to figure out where he was from. I saw him in other variety shows, but kept trying to figure out which drama he was also in. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2