Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

On 11/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, paolaadl said:

I'm thinking about 2 likely endings for AR and Bon:

1 - All the mess about the spy thing will be resolved and we will get an open ending showing that they will be together eventually.

So.... it was this....

The ending was great for the spy genre but not for the romantic side of the drama. When the first teasers came out, I remember reading the description of Terius Behind Me as a " romantic comedy mystery drama ", and I got so excited at that time because of the romance that I really believed that it would happen, but it basically didn't.

I liked the ending a lot but I still had that little hope that something more concrete would happen between them. 

I got so relieved when they showed us that JYT was alive and happy. 

Terius was really great overall, it made me happy and laugh a lot so many times, I'm thankful for that. But I take it back what I said about TBM becoming my favorite So Ji Sub drama. Master's Sun is still my favorite because we got some kisses there at least lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but oh my goodness! the song that was playing when SR got ko-ko from Bon!  I laughed so hard that I scared my cat and she stuck her claws into my tummy but I still kept laughing.

My granny thought that was the sexiest, naughtiest song ever--it was considered very hot stuff back in the day.  And if you read the lyrics, I guess it is a little bit naughty (well, it really is for a song that was popular 50 years ago).  They couldn't have chosen anything funnier for that ko-ko scene!

Strangers In the Night:

• LOL 7

For this day and age of technology, I hope kdrama writers will think twice using the time jump trope. I don't like time jump because it is usually not well written. It's outdated. Who would believe that people are able to not be in touch for a year when vid-call is so easily accessible right now. Unlike in the past where we have to rely on mailing letters.... They really should get rid of time jumps where the leads (in good terms) are separated without contacting each other. 

• Like 12

Oh whatever. I read the dissatisfied comments. At least it is resolved with some cuteness.

If there is ONE thing I want to see coming from this drama; So Ji Sub gets married and have kids. And go on Superman Returns. Do you guys think he will get clucky after this and get married?

In the meantime I need to look for the fairytale app for my kids. 

Thanks for the ride guys. Shockingly bad spy drama. Fantastically swoony Kim Bon doing school pick ups.

I am happy just to see that. That's it. No comments on the romance end.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, paolaadl said:

So.... it was this....

The ending was great for the spy genre but not for the romantic side of the drama. When the first teasers came out, I remember reading the description of Terius Behind Me as a " romantic comedy mystery drama ", and I got so excited at that time because of the romance that I really believed that it would happen, but it basically didn't.

I liked the ending a lot but I still had that little hope that something more concrete would happen between them. 

I got so relieved when they showed us that JYT was alive and happy. 

Terius was really great overall, it made me happy and laugh a lot so many times, I'm thankful for that. But I take it back what I said about TBM becoming my favorite So Ji Sub drama. Master's Sun is still my favorite because we got some kisses there at least lol

I’m right there with you chingu. I am disappointed and underwhelmed by the romance aspect of this show. I’m not saying it makes the show any less good but personally as a romance genre lover myself, I was really bummed to see that there was barely if any romance. It’s just I miss seeing SBS’s on screen romances so I had beeen looking forward to it. Such a waste of hotness!

• Like 8

5 hours ago, triplem said:

Sorry dear . I just added to my post above , it’s from a site I use a lot . This blogger is very good . She does for a lot the other  dramas. She’s learning korean 

http://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/11/terius-behind-me-finale-ep-31-spoilers.html?m=1

shes actually my close mutual in twitter,  i just hope to see ppl notice the effort she put in. :relaxed:

• Like 5

OK, everyone...anyone in Seoul want to find if the production staff left an Easter Egg?

In the last scene,

Spoiler

AR the New Spy

held up GPS coordinates:

0pOCcf9.jpg

...which, on Google Maps, brings this up...

yWSVawT.jpg

...which brings this on Street View. (I actually used a more accurate mapping program to get the EXACT SPOT to THE MILLIMETER, the center of the "x" is the exact GPS coordinates...

VueWlIs.jpg

Can anyone go to this spot and see if there's a Secret Prize? :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

Biggest shout out to JIS. Oh she's not just a pretty face. One of the underrated but super talented actresses. I loved loved loved her in Naked Fireman. She was so good in Waikiki. But Terius is her breakthrough. She cries right. She makes a believable single mother. Her emotion projections are spot on but effortless. I hope we get Season 2 so that we can see she explores romance further with SJS, because trust me, if this is Oh My Venus, she might be delivering it better than SMA (not to discredit SMA, she was fantastic) but even with ultra limited skinship, JIS chemistry with SJS is so natural, effortless., heart-fluttering :wub:

• Like 14

@littlerain, here is a translation of an older BTS that you had wanted.

Insta caption translation: mbcdrama_now Can't you just live together forever? (laughing, hearts) Seeming like actual brothers Bon X Yong Tae BTS!!

Translations of the clip itself:

JYT: When I say ’Where are you going?’ (captioned)
Going over the lines, Staff: ‘Stay and obey Team Leader Yoo well’ (captioned)
Staff: (Also) etc. etc. etc. etc. etc……
caption: You say etc. etc. etc…
Capturing the important point, JYT: How many etc.?!?! (captioned)

JYT captions: (me: a series of onomatopoeic captions to indicate his fidgeting)
caption: That’s good… that was very naturally done…, An expert at acting about living(?)
JYT: Oh. Oh, it’s cold here.
Look how he’s talking, JYT: Be careful out there~ (captioned)
caption: Speaking like actual brothers K K K
JYT: Don’t I totally sound as if it’s my house? K K K K (captioned)
Bon: K K K K Are you welcoming guests again? (captioned)

JYT: Oh really, this is the last time…. (captioned)
JYT: My hand was shaking so hard… (captioned)
caption: Talking to get older brother’s attention, Bragging about playing a game well.
Bon: If you make a mistake, don’t you die?
JYT: I should have set it up for replay. (meaning he should have had it recording while he was playing)
caption: Bon X Yong Tae Brotherly Chemistry, Wed-Thurs Night 10 pm

note: There may be errors on some of the preliminary phrases in the captions, because they write them in such tiny characters and then the resolution isn't good enough to really see what the writing is. Oh well, I'm sure I got most of it anyway. if you have another clip or BTS you would like translated, it's helpful to have the YT clip rather than the Instagram clip, btw. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Quote of the day (and my biggest take from TERIUS BEHIND ME):

"Every house needs a guy like Bon!"

• LOL 5

Gahhh I’m having massive withdrawal syndrome

Terius Behind Me” And “Heart Surgeons” Finales Enjoy Boost In Viewership Ratings

Nov 16, 2018
by E. Cha

MBC’s “Terius Behind Me” and SBS’s “Heart Surgeons” both ended with a bang!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 15 finale of “Terius Behind Me” achieved the drama’s highest viewership ratings yet. The broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 9.8 percent and 10.5 percent for its two parts (10.5 percent and 11.0 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area), breaking the record set by the drama’s previous broadcast on November 14.

The final episode of “Terius Behind Me” also performed well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, maintaining first place in its time slot with ratings of 5.3 percent and 5.9 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1264063wpp/terius-behind-heart-surgeons-finales-enjoy-boost-viewership-ratings

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2018 at 9:57 PM, Matilda_Anne said:

aigoo there are so many alphabets involved in this drama.. K, X.. :huh:

Don't forget the fish... Wasn't it A, B, C? The only one with a full name died.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

11 hours ago, thistle said:

It is safe to breathe.

Just posted about this above:  JYT is not dead.  His fake death is to keep him safe.  Bon got him a new identity, and now JYT is running a coffee shop somewhere.

Bon get himself a handsome little brother. A narcissistic Wang Min Nam who named his shop Handsome Man coffee shop. muahahah!!

I am having a withdrawal syndrome already. I just finished watching Episode 31-32. I think I have to stop watching K drama for a while.

Seung Gi appa and Terius doing kko ko. I laughed so hard at this scene. Also, I love cute scene between Bon and Joon Joon. Playing hairdresser and doctor. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, lilyphenix said:

Quote of the day (and my biggest take from TERIUS BEHIND ME):

"Every house needs a guy like Bon!"

I just wish I can buy one from lazada online :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I was avoiding spoilers to enjoy the last episode and I have to say...

What the hell? We really didn’t even get a kiss?  :triumph:  

• Sad 1
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

I just wish I can buy one from lazada online :lol:

I snorted! :lol:

Handsome Man Coffee Shop scene. Two girlfriends walk in, laughing.

One of the girls, to the owner: "Do you not have a menu?"
JYT dramatically turns his handsomeness around in slow-mo: "I am the menu!"

With the look he gave them, for real I thought that's what he was gonna say! What's wrong with me?! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

I was so happy in EP31 that JinYongTae get out the car of evil Voice before this one knew whole situation but the 10 last seconds preview for the last episode just sent JYT fan me back in panic mode :unsure:

And then MBC stills with "lost consciousness" comment as they did for drama Shigan :anguished:

PSX_20181116_010039.jpg?type=w800

And then spoiler abt the crematorium scene :astonished::cry:

I really thought it was over:bawling:

But finally handsome man coffeeshop spoiler popped up :open_mouth::grin::joy:

All this before watching episode itself :joy: and you know what? I cried while watching anyway :bawling:  and again reading live made breakhearted  comments :joy: 

:wub: and the bromance scenes , Mr Bon giving JYT his false ID a brother status :lol: my heart 

PSX_20181115_221106.jpg?type=w800

Just one thing that bothered me it was for JinYongTae memorial picture they used his Go Back Couple interview picture :hushed: :joy: I couldn't but laugh yes at this scene 

Anyway in which occasion would JYT take such a cute attitude picture :lol:

How am I gonna do from now without this drama :tears::lol:

IMG_20181115_221614_085.jpg?type=w800

I'm so going to miss JinYongTae , ha ha how to get used to his new name :sweatingbullets: maybe if season2

@triplemThank you for posting comments translation about Son HoJun , we don't have many information on his new role in Jtbc drama Dazzling but I hope it will be an interesting char too 

@stroppyse thanks too, I will try to find youtube links for bts ( I don't really use Youtube , slow connection not adapted...) but already I'm interested in understanding what was said in his Insta post .... But there aren't captions so not practical maybe ? 

Spoiler

Anyway thank you all Terius drama thread readers for all your messages, it felt really more enjoyable to follow the drama together :D

Wrap-up party : he was late because filming but he was there, back to Son HoJun himself mode obviously:D 

Spoiler

IMG_20181116_001132_809.jpg?type=w800

• Like 9

My watercolor: "Bromance"

Ri4Z0Qq.jpg

If you would like the full-sized copy, let me know. I also consider requests from scenes from any show you like!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@littlerain, I need a longer clip of this in order to really understand what they're talking about, but I've translated the bit in the clip with some explanatory notes for you.

Caption translation: With Joon-Joon, the Terius Behind Me cuties.

Translation of the clip.

JH: He only has his front teeth.  So ugly.
JYT: Ay, so cute.

Notes: Since Koreans tend not to use explicit pronouns, it's hard to figure out if JH is talking about a boy or a girl, though I just used "he" as a default pronoun. Also, without more content, it's unclear who JH is talking about. She could be talking about a baby brother or sister perhaps who doesn't have all of their teeth in, or someone else. She may even be talking about herself, though she seems to have a full set of teeth. In any case, since JYT is calling her cute as she finishes talking, I don't think she's talking about anything mean or disrespectful of anyone which is why I wonder if it's a younger brother or sister who hasn't gotten all of his/her teeth yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

@littlerain, for your love of bromance from this drama, I've done one more clip translation from the final episode for you. It's cute. I hope you enjoy.

Woman: Hey, what is up with this cafe’s name?
(Cafe sign: Handsome Man Cafe, Someone who is rarely seen anywhere.. Someone like that)
Friend: Shall we go inside? Let’s see how much of a handsome man he is.
Woman: Call. (meaning Okay)
Friend: Call. (meaning Okay)

(Running in)
Woman: Oh, really.
JYT: Welcome.
Woman: Does this place not have a menu board?
JYT turns, dazzling the women with his good looks.)
JYT: That is a good question. In this cafe, so that customers won’t have to worry about menu selections, this handsome man, myself, directly roasts the coffee beans and makes the drip coffee. That is the only menu item.
Friend: Ahh…
JYT: What do you think of the name of this cafe? Handsome Man Cafe? Because my name is Wang Mi Nam. (me: Mi Nam is the Korean word for a handsome man)

(flashback with Bon and JYT)
Bon: Is your body okay?
JYT: It’s just whatever, I can get around.
Bon: You’ve been knifed, and you’ve been shot, and even had your face completely changed. You’ve really been through a lot.
JYT: Is it as much as what Brother has been through?
(Bon hands JYT an ID card)
Bon: What you had spoken about, I’ve gotten it all done for you.
JYT: Thank you. (Name on ID card: Wang Mi Nam) However, the name is a little…
Bon: Wang Jung Nam’s little brother, Wang Mi Nam. What do you think?
JYT: It is true that I am a Mi Nam (meaning a handsome man), but haven’t you chosen a name too randomly?
Bon: With your new name, what kind of life are you going to live?
JYT: Just a normal life.
(end flashback)

Friend: It’s rich.
Woman: Mmm, it’s good. I should take a picture of it.
Friend: Oh, yes.
JYT: It is a little boring though. Oh well, living like this isn’t too bad either. I wonder how everyone else is doing.
(Women taking pictures with the coffee)
JYT: Oh, oh! Please post it a lot to your blogs.
(The women nod in consent)
JYT: Oh, this really is fantastic, though. (talking about the coffee he had made. LOL)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3