Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

Lol aoikarin thanks for giving me the courage to watch :D SJH indeed is soo handsome even when he has nightmares lol  

back to topic im a bit disappointed not seeing any GeumNam moments in the preview for ep 13... the week’s gonna be a torture waiting for next ep. The only thing keeping my hopes up is the BTS of them lying together  

Still curious what wind fairy did to betraye izzy, why is he punished that bad with his wife not recognizing him

• Like 4

I don't know why people are still confused as who is who. They don't directly say who is who but you will know either way. But watching episode 12 had me feeling sad for everyone. My heart :bawling: Now I can't wait for next week, this week better go by fast! Don't quit on this drama! It seems to be getting interesting even though they do have a lot of side stories but I'm loving it. Lmao we have ourselves KG and OK shippers in the drama too, Shin Seon and Fairy Oh are so funny :joy:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Kim Kim is as innocent as most comments seem to imply. 

I don't care what the webtoon is like, this is the drama and I like the drama.

If Kim Kim is supposedly revealed that he is the husband before episode 15, then the revelation will be in error and lots of disappointments for the shippers.

In 16 episodes the separation and anxiety actually begins around 13-14. If she goes to Kim Kim before then then he is not the husband. The woodcutter has already appeared on screen as both men so don't depend on it.

The drama The King of Blaze(Chinese drama) might give you some insight in the relationship between Kim and Jung.

I think they were lovers in the Fairy World, which is why the fairy clothes were stolen by the fairy in red. She was not in love with Mama Fairy, she was in love with Bause.
Ok's husband was a mortal, but Bause betrayed Izy and lusted for Ok. Just a thought! 

Oh two more things: 

Don't base talent on looks which is what I think most shippers of Ok/Kim is doing. The main leads are all talented and good. There is no second lead, both men are listed as main leads.

What if Kim is the older son of Ok and Jung?

Found this on Rakuten's page about drama: Read from bottom up.

ayomideadeyemi2702_584

Thirdly, I feel like the deer is the fire fairy too. This is why she warned ms fairy of the man she lived with, that being Kim Geum after professors death. This is why she appears in front of professor and gives him the memory of his death in his past life.

Lastly, I feel like the same Thief that stole the other fairy's clothes (sorry can't remember her name) also stole ms fairy's as professor didn't seem to be stealing anyone's clothes at the time or attempting too, the deer having lead him to her.

But these are just my theories and opinions. I just hope that professor and ms fairy get together, they suit more in my opinion. (PT.2)

View in discussion
ayomideadeyemi2702_584

Y'all, I think I figured the plot out!

Firstly, the professor is the husband, there's no doubt about that. I think the reason why he keeps having memories of the fire fairy is because he is possessed by her.

Think about it, in the past life of the professor he was abandoned and wanted revenge. In his present life as a child he was also abandoned. This would obviously build up feelings of hatred, unforgiveness and subsequently revenge.

Quite similar to the fire fairy. She had a fiery temper which lead to her burning up some officials harvest and she was unforgiving to him. Later on it seemed she was betrayed by the wind fairy which would have spiked feelings of revenge in her.

Because of the two having similar feelings, whether conscious or not, the fire fairy probably possessed the professor to exact revenge on the wind fairy- Kim Geum being his reincarnation.

Secondly, Kim Geum liked ms fairy when they were celestial beings and when she became stuck on earth I think he found a way to be on earth too. But when he came down he found out that she was already married with two kids. I think because of this he killed the professor's past self. Which is maybe why we see Kim Geum and Ms fairy together as maybe he was comforting her and maybe trying to get her to love him instead? (PT.1)

View in discussion
ayomideadeyemi2702_584

Firstly, the professor is the husband, there's no doubt about that. I think the reason why he keeps having memories of the fire fairy is because he is possessed by her.

Think about it, in the past life of the professor he was abandoned and wanted revenge. In his present life as a child he was also abandoned. This would obviously build up feelings of hatred, unforgiveness and subsequently revenge.

Quite similar to the fire fairy. She had a fiery temper which lead to her burning up some officials harvest and she was unforgiving to him. Later on it seemed she was betrayed by the wind fairy which would have spiked feelings of revenge in her.

Because of the two having similar feelings, whether conscious or not, the fire fairy probably possessed the professor to exact revenge on the wind fairy- Kim Geum being his reincarnation.

Secondly, Kim Geum liked ms fairy when they were celestial beings and when she became stuck on earth I think he found a way to be on earth too. But when he came down he found out that she was already married with two kids. I think because of this he killed the professor's past self. Which is maybe why we see Kim Geum and Ms fairy together as maybe he was comforting her and maybe trying to get her to love him instead?

Thirdly, I feel like the deer is the fire fairy too. This is why she warned ms fairy of the man she lived with, that being Kim Geum after professors death. This is why she appears in front of professor and gives him the memory of his death in his past life.

Lastly, I feel like the same Thief that stole the other fairy's clothes (sorry can't remember her name) also stole ms fairy's as professor didn't seem to be stealing anyone's clothes at the time or attempting too, the deer having lead him to her.

But these are just my theories and opinions. I just hope that professor and ms fairy get together, they suit more in my opinion.

• Like 2

I thought kim geum is the woodcutter.

I love to see kim geum and ok nam happily together. 

I think the fire diety also like ok nam. She was happy when see ok nam but jealous when ok nam put flower to buasae.

Oh pls pls.. tell me that ok nam husband is kim geum. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, bukk1 said:

I don't think Kim Kim is as innocent as most comments seem to imply. 

I don't care what the webtoon is like, this is the drama and I like the drama.

If Kim Kim is supposedly revealed that he is the husband before episode 15, then the revelation will be in error and lots of disappointments for the shippers.

In 16 episodes the separation and anxiety actually begins around 13-14. If she goes to Kim Kim before then then he is not the husband. The woodcutter has already appeared on screen as both men so don't depend on it.

The drama The King of Blaze(Chinese drama) might give you some insight in the relationship between Kim and Jung.

I think they were lovers in the Fairy World, which is why the fairy clothes were stolen by the fairy in red. She was not in love with Mama Fairy, she was in love with Bause.
Ok's husband was a mortal, but Bause betrayed Izy and lusted for Ok. Just a thought! 

Oh two more things: 

Don't base talent on looks which is what I think most shippers of Ok/Kim is doing. The main leads are all talented and good. There is no second lead, both men are listed as main leads.

Found this on Rakuten's page about drama: Read from bottom up.

ayomideadeyemi2702_584

But these are just my theories and opinions. I just hope that professor and ms fairy get together, they suit more in my opinion. (PT.2)

View in discussion
ayomideadeyemi2702_584

Secondly, Kim Geum liked ms fairy when they were celestial beings and when she became stuck on earth I think he found a way to be on earth too. But when he came down he found out that she was already married with two kids. I think because of this he killed the professor's past self. Which is maybe why we see Kim Geum and Ms fairy together as maybe he was comforting her and maybe trying to get her to love him instead? (PT.1)

View in discussion
ayomideadeyemi2702_584

Secondly, Kim Geum liked ms fairy when they were celestial beings and when she became stuck on earth I think he found a way to be on earth too. But when he came down he found out that she was already married with two kids. I think because of this he killed the professor's past self. Which is maybe why we see Kim Geum and Ms fairy together as maybe he was comforting her and maybe trying to get her to love him instead?

But these are just my theories and opinions. I just hope that professor and ms fairy get together, they suit more in my opinion.

nah...prof jung is not the husband.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

I thought kim geum is the woodcutter.

I love to see kim geum and ok nam happily together. 

I think the fire diety also like ok nam. She was happy when see ok nam but jealous when ok nam put flower to buasae.

Oh pls pls.. tell me that ok nam husband is kim geum. 

@dashmount20Don't worry hunny, with how the plot has gone in the latest epsiodes, the production seems to be following the webtoon. In the webtoon, KG is the woodcutter as well as the person that ON will end up with.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bukk1 said:

LMAO!!! Not this again!!!

C'mon, guys! It's pretty clear that Oknam's older son is in the egg, he responded to Kim Geum's touch (the first and only moment he reacted to something since being reunited with his family). 

----

I keep seeing people still confused with things and I'm here like?????? They gave most answers already.

Oknam's husband (Bausae, later reincarnated as Bause, the Woodcutter) was killed by the deer, who was Izy's reincarnations (or if I can name it better, her punishment after being kicked out of Fairy Realm), trying to get revenge for Bausae's betrayal.

Professor Jung is Izy/deer reincarnations, he lived a sad life being rejected and having no love, as result of his past lifes' wrong doing (he lives with the karma of his past lifes). 

Like I said before, more than being a "husband hunting" drama, it's about Professor Jung's search for redemption for all his past lifes and karmas.

Even tho he don't "get the girl", in my eyes he is still a lead character, because all runs around his feelings, his mistakes, and his karmas. 

But Kim Geum was ALWAYS a fan favorite for all webtoon fans, and this shows when we read netizens reactions to the drama. They love him, and Seo Jihoon did so great as Kim Geum that they also love him in the drama as well.

Anyway, we have two more weeks to go. And this has been a crazy ride so far...

Not gonna lie, I'm praying these next two weeks goes by quickly, because I'm kinda tired of this drama already, but with a bitter feeling of knowing I won't see Moon Chaewon till she chooses another drama in the long future :lol: lol

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

@bukk1 Thanks for sharing your view.. The production stalled the last 4 episodes (9-12) just for sake of Husband game and prolong the plot where Ok Nam mistakenly recognised her own reincarnated husband ( some of the plot didn't happen in the webtoon). However, as for they revealed the woodcutter's face in Kim Geum's dream, the show directs back to webtoon's plot.

This will be a SPOILER for anyone who hasn't read the webtoon: But I guess most of you in forum have already known the plot and know who the husband is.. So I didn't put my explanation in spoiler mode.

Ep 12 confirmed that Prof Jung was Izy, then reincarnated as Deer, and also reincarnated as a captured little girl locked in the shed.

When he was a deer, he was saved by the Woodcutter, Kim Geum.. the deer led Kim Geum to Fairy's fall bath lake, stole Ok nam's dress and left Ok Nam and Kim Geum fell in love for once again. 

Kim Geum (someone told us) that he wasn't reincarnated but The master erased Bausae's  memory, changed his hair color and made him mortal. Because Kim kim met the deer again and asked the deer to return his wife's wing dress, he accidentally fell off the cliff and died. Kim Geum was also reincarnated as an old man that helped a little girl (Jung's past life), far before he reincarnated as Kim Geum. 

It seemed Kim Geum and Jung always reincarnated at the same time and same place. They have bonded like sworn brothers. 

My opinion about the husband. Actually the misunderstanding started from the beginning. 

The rules of fairy: "She has to marry the one who steal her fairy wing dress". 

The one who stole Ok Nam's dress was THE DEER. So Ok Nam supposed to marry the deer instead of the woodcutter. But, Ok nam married her loved one from fairy realms who she fell in love with. She recognized his face, and claimed he was her fated one.. that's why he becomes her husband. 

The supposed to marry one, the thief of the wing dress was the deer (Izy/Prof Jung). He wasn' married but being abandon. So the deer felt betrayed one more time by Bausae. Bausae gets happiness since he married Ok Nam. So as Prof Jung (no wonder) believed that he has to be a selfish person, so he can get what he wants. 

I hope for the last 4 episodes, I can see :

1. The reason Izy was thrown to mortal world

3. Whether Bausae really betrayed Izy

4. The reason Bausae got bannished to mortal world

5. Process revelation of KG the husband to Ok Nam in super sweet labu labu way

6. A very short air time for Jung's revenge (I'm getting tired since the story so heavy focus on him for the last 4 episodes)

7. The identity of Master of 7 stars in the mortal world

8. Cameo by Jung Kyung Ho being Kim Geum's son

9. Labu labu, skinships (leaning, kneading, rubbing) between OK Nam and Geumie.. remember Geum really loves skinships.. and he's been barely hodling his DESIRE to have skinship with Ok Nam. :joy:

10. The real reason for 3 fairies exist in the story :tounge_xd: especially the last bean held by Wizard park

11. Sweet moment for Geum being with his wife and children

12. The real twist that Geum, Ok Nam and Izy can go back to fairy land (I really wish for this twist!)

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Paw22, Thanks for confirming.

I just read the 1st few pages from this thread... someone already shared that in the webtoon ok nam husband was kim geum...

Yea... I am so happy... I like kim geum than jung.

Aokairin .. wow.. nice summary...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, aoikarin said:

6. A very short air time for Jung's revenge (I'm getting tired since the story so heavy focus on him for the last 4 episodes)

9. Labu labu, skinships (leaning, kneading, rubbing) between OK Nam and Geumie.. remember Geum really loves skinships.. and he's been barely hodling his DESIRE to have skinship with Ok Nam. :joy:

10. The real reason for 3 fairies exist in the story :tounge_xd: especially the last bean held by Wizard park

12. The real twist that Geum, Ok Nam and Izy can go back to fairy land (I really wish for this twist!)

Just had to write in to say thank you for the summary and I love your wish list for the last episodes but especially #8... that would be a wonderful surprise a grown up son cameo... :open_mouth:

• Like 8

Agreed the drama is also about karma of past lifes etc hence the lead is still prof jung. 

How good will it be if there is cameo by Jung Kyung Ho, but i think it’ll just be his voice as Jeom Dol.  

Anyways cant wait for ep 13-14. Everyday i keep replaying my fave part of ep 12, “i keep thinking about  someone other than my dear husbanf. How will you describe this feeling? Is this a sincere feeling”. 

There there as GeumNam shipper we can start seeing that Geum already creeps into her heart <3.   

Am i the only one who want them to stay in human realm? Lol. Afterwll Geum still has a mother in human realm and OkNam already adjusted to the earth. 

• Like 9

Omg guys, are basically saying that for the first time, the second lead is going to get the girl?! I have such a huge second lead syndrome with Seo Ji Hoon :love:

• Like 4

we can thank the writer for making prof jung so dislike. it hard for most people to root for him. even if he the lead male.

i hope next week will be GeumNam turn. since this week the writer put KG through so much .

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 12/12/2018 at 11:34 PM, aoikarin said:

@bukk1 Thanks for sharing your view.. The production stalled the last 4 episodes (9-12) just for sake of Husband game and prolong the plot where Ok Nam mistakenly recognised her own reincarnated husband ( some of the plot didn't happen in the webtoon). However, as for they revealed the woodcutter's face in Kim Geum's dream, the show directs back to webtoon's plot.

This will be a SPOILER for anyone who hasn't read the webtoon: But I guess most of you in forum have already known the plot and know who the husband is.. So I didn't put my explanation in spoiler mode.

Ep 12 confirmed that Prof Jung was Izy, then reincarnated as Deer, and also reincarnated as a captured little girl locked in the shed.

When he was a deer, he was saved by the Woodcutter, Kim Geum.. the deer led Kim Geum to Fairy's fall bath lake, stole Ok nam's dress and left Ok Nam and Kim Geum fell in love for once again. 

Kim Geum (someone told us) that he wasn't reincarnated but The master erased Bausae's  memory, changed his hair color and made him mortal. Because Kim kim met the deer again and asked the deer to return his wife's wing dress, he accidentally fell off the cliff and died. Kim Geum was also reincarnated as an old man that helped a little girl (Jung's past life), far before he reincarnated as Kim Geum. 

It seemed Kim Geum and Jung always reincarnated at the same time and same place. They have bonded like sworn brothers. 

My opinion about the husband. Actually the misunderstanding started from the beginning. 

The rules of fairy: "She has to marry the one who steal her fairy wing dress". 

The one who stole Ok Nam's dress was THE DEER. So Ok Nam supposed to marry the deer instead of the woodcutter. But, Ok nam married her loved one from fairy realms who she fell in love with. She recognized his face, and claimed he was her fated one.. that's why he becomes her husband. 

The supposed to marry one, the thief of the wing dress was the deer (Izy/Prof Jung). He wasn' married but being abandon. So the deer felt betrayed one more time by Bausae. Bausae gets happiness since he married Ok Nam. So as Prof Jung (no wonder) believed that he has to be a selfish person, so he can get what he wants. 

Kim is a wuss.

This is not the webtoon, it's a drama.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, bukk1 said:

Kim is a wuss.

This is not the webtoon, it's a drama.

Aaaah You're right.. this is a drama not the webtoon.

However, I don't find him a wuss.  Actually, he's pretty fierce in competing with Prof Jung to win Ok Nam's heart.  Too bad, Ok Nam mistakenly recognized Prof Jung as her reincarnated husband and didn't give Kim Geum a chance to prove himself as the husband. So Kim didn't have a choice but to back off. To me, his character is very likeable, even everyone in the drama likes him, from Prof Jung, Ok Nam, Jeom Soon, 3 fairies, Dr Lee, and the assistants in the lab. He's a one of my favorite character in dramaland. He's honest, sincere,  compassionate, cute, smart, loyal, sweet and has many pleasant personalities. And he's a no wimp, in fact he's very brave in protecting his love one. He's pretty strong and patient that he can handle Prof Jung's crankiness and his antiques. He's very flexible and quickly adapt to the situation and makes friends with everyone. In short, he's a beautiful person inside out :kiss_wink: 

• Like 9

Just watched Episode 11 - 12 (finally!!!!!) and here are my thoughts: 

Professor Jung, I can feel that his story line was indeed interesting and as dramatic it may seem, I feel like I can relate on his character. T.T I just wished that the character development was fast from the previous episodes.

I mean how does it feel like to be like him? Feel like lost in his entire life? Nobody to turned to? Nobody who really knows him deep inside? I mean, I know he is becoming selfish -- but that selfishness was something I also pity about him. How does it feel like just to get what you need, you need to be selfish first?

He has suffered too much eversince he was a fairy -- his love didn't blossom and he even thought that he was betrayed. When he was reincarnated as a girl -- he was locked up and abandoned. What does it feel to be hopeless? Why did the Master of the Northern Star need to make him suffer like that? T.T He doesn't deserve all that heartaches even up to now. He needs saving -- saving from himself and not from Fairy Ok Nam. I want really him to have a good and happy just being contented and was able to forgive others and even himself.

As for Geum and Ok Nam, I hope that they will have more romantic scenes on Episode 14 -- since as I can see Episode 13 would be really heavy. This episode 12 is heavy enough, but episode 13, I believe, is much much heavier.

Hoping for the best and a good ending. :)

• Like 10