Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

p.s We can agree to disagree too... 

Credit to Soompi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About Episodes 3-4 Of “Mama Fairy And The Woodcutter”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1263751wpp/4-things-loved-2-things-hated-episodes-3-4-mama-fairy-woodcutter

In the second week’s episodes of “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter,” Sun Ok Nam (played by both Moon Chae Won and Go Doo Shim) and Jeom Soon (Kang Mina) slowly adapt to their new lives in Seoul and get to know their new friends better, while old friends make the long journey to try to meet them but get into a little trouble along the way. Read on to see what we loved or hated about this past week’s episodes!

Warning: spoilers for Episodes 3 and 4 below.

LOVED: The magic of it all

I cannot even begin to stress how much I love all the magical whimsy and wonder! The little details — the flowers complaining about the cheating bee, or the ants trying to get their hands on honey butter chips — are just so adorable and really fleshes out this fantastical world. Even the little musical cues that are used when something magical happens is… magical! Yes, the CGI could be a lot better, but they’re all so cute and earnest, and we’re getting used to them anyway.

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-cheating-b

LOVED: The burgeoning friendship between Jeom Soon and Kim Geum

The way Kim Geum (Seo Ji Hoon) really takes notice of Jeom Soon is adorable, and it makes us excited to see how their friendship will develop as the drama progresses. He really connects with Jeom Soon when she’s a cat, so when she walks around campus in her human form (complete with her backpack filled with sausages), he immediately confronts her, only to learn that they’re in fact one in the same. Completely unfazed, Geum sweetly tells her he hopes she can learn to trust and rely on him, and even offers to buy her a new laptop to replace the old, faulty one.

Spoiler

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-Jeom-Soon-Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-Jeom-Soon-

Loving all her smartass-ness!

LOVED: How much of a sweetheart Kim Geum is

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-flower-pinYes, Geum is THAT endearing. During their pseudo-date at the movies, Ok Nam starts crying loudly at the scene where King Kong falls off a building, causing the other audience members to give her dirty looks. When the camera pans over to Geum, I fully expected him to nod to them in apology, but instead, he’s cutely bawling right along with her. And there’s so much more: him buying and using a matching flower hair clip, or them bonding over poop related stories — they share the same sincere but zany energy, so zany in fact that they scare off an insane woman. They just click so well, and I can’t wait to see more from this relationship!

Spoiler

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-toilet.gif

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-Ok-Nam-and

HATED: The lack of interaction

The trio of Master Gu (Ahn Gil Kang), Shin Seon (Kim Min Kyu), and Fairy Oh (Hwang Young Hee) decide to head to Seoul to meet up with Ok Nam and Jeom Soon. And while at first their shenanigans are highly entertaining, it does drag on for a bit as they still don’t meet up with them even at the end of episode 4. Their journey just feels disconnected from the main story line at the moment, which is probably why it feels like the plot hasn’t been progressing much.

Spoiler

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-Trio-gif.g

Even Jung Yi Hyun (Yoon Hyun Min) and Ok Nam barely interact in the fourth episode, which is kind of a bummer. Here’s to hoping the story can really pick up in the next episodes.

HATED: Immortals that are forgotten cease to exist

According to the drama’s lore, any deities and immortals will die and cease to exist when they are forgotten, which is terribly saddening. Watching these scenes makes us wonder just how many have been forgotten, and it is just as relatable to our very mortal lives. What happens when eventually no one remembers us? Would we have ever even existed? Yikes, this got pretty dark pretty quick. *cue existential crisis*

Spoiler

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-gif-1.gifMama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-gif-2.gif

LOVED: This hilarious coffee origin story

To get us out of the funk from the previous entry, I bring you this. Show a non-viewer this following gif and have them guess what is happening. I can guarantee you no one will arrive at the correct answer, which is Ok Nam learning about coffee from her Ethiopian exchange fairy. From the way they are dancing to their conversation – everything about this scene is just hilarious. Oh, and not to mention, there are goats casually dancing around them, too.

Mama-Fairy-and-the-Woodcutter-dancing-go

Name the last drama you watched that featured dancing goats. Go on, I’ll wait.

----

I love this review from Soompi!

But I still disagree on the part about the trio,

I really love them and how they make the story really really fun. :lol:

• Like 6

The fairy from the past live appear again.. Indeed she is not just a cameo. And jeom seon using non-honorific to Kim kim LoL

• Like 6

OMG.. when kim kim touch the amulet, he's having a memorry of hanging it on the tree and the egg shaking hard and cracking again. he's calling kim kim "father.. is that you?"

Oh.. it is sad.. when jeom soon talking about how nice is kim kim and similar to her father, Ok nam still insists that her husband is better..

Yi hyun suddenly have a memory about the amulet and "him" giving his clothes to Ok Nam as her fairy clothes being stolen. 
wuahh.. he have the memory about past life as the husband.
Ok nam also have her fairy couple name park Geun song that born again as the woodcutter

• Like 10

OMG!!! todays episode. I liked it so much.  So many Kim guemi scenes!!!!!:wub::wub: 

Todays YT clips.  So many cute scenes.  The interation between KG and JS. I love it.  JS found out that KG has feelings for her mom.  So she is suggesting some ways  to him.  

Preview ep.6

Spoiler

31 secs

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Such beautiful scenes in today's episode.

The intro is so beautiful.... full of pretty flowers.  I'm going to watch it with sub soon.  The YT clips today are not as many as last week.

Spoiler

Credit to the owner

HOONS – With Coffee (Tale of Fairy OST Part 1)

What’re you doing? How about a cup of coffee?
A warm cup, not too sweet, how about it?
Yes, it’s always so short but so sweet
Your smile makes me feel like I’m on break
That cozy coffee scent, again

Let’s pass on the short morning greeting
I don’t want you to hear my deep voice mixed with annoyance
But still, I miss you, I can't hold it in

I can't take it so I'm sending you a message again

The scent is even thicker today
Is it just my mood? You seem even prettier today
Feels like you came into my dreams last night
It was so warm, I didn’t want to wake up

I kept only talking about myself
But you smiled and listened like a small angel
I’m sitting across from you but I still get greedy
Every day, I want to be with you

We Love
We Love
Some day
I’ll tell you
As I wait for that day
I’ll follow the thick scent of coffee
That makes me think of you again
And I can’t take it so I call you again

Credit to popgasa

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Moon Chae Won Meets Woodcutter Seo Ji Hoon In “Mama Fairy And The Woodcutter”

Nov 20, 2018
by J. Lee

New photos of Seo Ji Hoon as the woodcutter were released!

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter’ revealed new photos of Seo Ji Hoon in woodcutter clothing. In the latest episode of the drama, Jung Yi Hyun (played by Yoon Hyun Min) started to show more concern and attention towards Sun Ock Nam (played by Moon Chae Won and Go Doo Shim). He was confused about the memories of the past that kept popping up. His confusion led viewers to guess that he must be the reincarnation of Sun Ock Nam’s husband.

However, Sun Ock Nam’s journey in finding the reincarnation of her husband will meet a new obstacle as today’s broadcast suggests that Kim Geum (played by Seo Ji Hoon) may also be her husband. During previous broadcasts, the husband in flashbacks of Sun Ock Nam’s past has always been Jung Yi Hyun. However, the photos revealed for the November 20 broadcast of the drama suggest the possibility of Kim Geum being her husband, shocking viewers.

Moon-Chae-Won-Seo-Ji-Hoon-1.jpgMoon-Chae-Won-Seo-Ji-Hoon-2.jpg

In the photos, Kim Geum and Sun Ock Nam share a romantic hug and they are looking sweetly at each other. Their comfortable attitudes raise viewers’ suspicion and curiosity towards the real identity of Sun Ock Nam’s husband.

You can watch “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” on Viki. Check out the latest episode below.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266169wpp/moon-chae-won-meets-woodcutter-seo-ji-hoon-mama-fairy-woodcutter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hugo10 said:

Moon Chae Won Meets Woodcutter Ji Hoon In “Mama Fairy And The Woodcutter”

New photos of Ji Hoon as the woodcutter were released!

Monday-Tuesday drama “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter’ revealed new photos of Ji Hoon in woodcutter clothing. In the latest episode of the drama, Jung Yi Hyun (played by Yoon Hyun Min) started to show more concern and attention towards Sun Ock Nam (played by Moon Chae Won and Go Doo Shim). He was confused about the memories of the past that kept popping up. His confusion led viewers to guess that he must be the reincarnation of Sun Ock Nam’s husband.

However, Sun Ock Nam’s journey in finding the reincarnation of her husband will meet a new obstacle as today’s broadcast suggests that Kim Geum (played by Ji Hoon) may also be her husband. During previous broadcasts, the husband in flashbacks of Sun Ock Nam’s past has always been Jung Yi Hyun. However, the photos revealed for the November 20 broadcast of the drama suggest the possibility of Kim Geum being her husband, shocking viewers.

In the photos, Kim Geum and Sun Ock a romantic hug and they are looking sweetly at each other. Their comfortable viewers’ suspicion and curiosity towards the real identity of Sun Ock Nam’s husband.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266169wpp/moon-chae-won-meets-woodcutter-seo-ji-hoon-mama-fairy-woodcutter

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAIRY HEART IS SHAKING!!!!!! :love: :love::love:

MY SHIP HAS SAILED! LOL :joy: 

#TeamFairySeoJiHoon xD

Excited to watch the ep 5 and 6 tomorrow! (since I'm still waiting for the subs and for ep6!)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, latuadi said:

OMG.. when kim kim touch the amulet, he's having a memorry of hanging it on the tree and the egg shaking hard and cracking again. he's calling kim kim "father.. is that you?"

The eggs's voice is so familiar and now i realize it's Jung Kyung Ho's voice :lol:. So he will play Ok Nam's son in future ep (or make voice cameo if they follow webtoon).

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

I think I'm one of the few impatient ones who want the egg to crack and the dragon to come out and unleash chaos on to the story!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

39 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

I think I'm one of the few impatient ones who want the egg to crack and the dragon to come out and unleash chaos on to the story!

Spoiler

But in the webtoon he is in the alternative form (a giant worm) most of time (like Jeom Soon is a tiger but have cat form)

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Please don't spoil it for me. I did not read the webtoon! :bawling:

Well, I hope you did not click it.  Guess we might have to check first whether the other person wants to know the spoiler or not.   

As for me, I'm on the fence ... sometimes I read it, sometimes I'll just wait until it is revealed.  ;) Oooh .. in case I'm guessing the content of the future episode... and it is not the same like in the webtoon... just let it be... tq 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

AHHHHH we are on the saame page! xD

• Like 4

The women professor keep interupting other person and irritating when she spoke. 

When kim kim want to ask about the cracking egg, the professor interrupting with a question about Ok Nam's age. 

Yi Hyun ask about "does we have any experience taking a bath together" and make Ok Nam really happy thought that it was his husband remember when their first meeting. 

But when the caffe manager came, Ok Nam started to realized that they don't have any memory of taking bath together. The manager said "then whose memory that Yi Hyun talking about"

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, latuadi said:

The women professor keep interupting other person and irritating when she spoke. 

When kim kim want to ask about the cracking egg, the professor interrupting with a question about Ok Nam's age. 

Yi Hyun ask about "does we have any experience taking a bath together" and make Ok Nam really happy thought that it was his husband remember when their first meeting. 

But when the caffe manager came, Ok Nam started to realized that they don't have any memory of taking bath together. The manager said "then whose memory that Yi Hyun talking about"

I assume YH interpret that scene as bathing together, but dunno...

• Like 1

Kim kim making a confession to Jeom Soon thag he touch the egg and making irmt cracked. He also heard the egf called him "father" but Jeom Soon didnot believe it. 

They were going to an interview about Jeom soon's erotic novel LoL

• Like 2