Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

15 minutes ago, hazelyeot said:

@Jillia about the drama being too different from the webtoon, yhm's portrayal of yihyun, etc... These things. Netizens are also worried that they changed the ending lol

wow.. if they change the ending just coz of viewers..  i wonder what's the point of making pre-produced drama then..

• Like 9

@lutadi the drama is not yet finished on shooting...so....there may still be a chance...

Spoiler

but...

why do they need to worry that much? after watching the first two episodes, I am already feeling that they will not change the ending. based on what they have already filmed, i think the husband will be kimgeum! hihi

Anyway, it really saddens me to read those negative comments about the drama. I think the reason some are not able to enjoy it because they are criticizing and comparing it more.

I think this drama has many positive points too.

Spoiler

1. Moon Chae Won's portrayal of Seon Ok Nam is really good. They filmed her really pretty, she's always beaming in the drama! :wub: Her eyes speak to much emotion. 
  2. Go Doo Shim is one of a kind! She is very adorable in her every scene throughout the first 2 episodes! When she is sad I feel like I need to be sad for her too. Her voice is really sweet too! 
  3. Seo Ji Hoon. AAHHHH. It's my first to watch him in a drama and he's really good! He is sweet, sincere and very charming! I love his portrayal and I'm really rooting her for seon-ok-nam.
  4. Seon Ok Nam x Seo Ji Hoon chemistry. I remember reading some of your old posts here, being worried about their age gap. But now that the drama is out, I can't feel any age gap between them. I think their chemistry is very very sweet. I'm excited for episode 3 because of that!
  5. Mina's acting and her motherly relationship with the old and young seon ok-nam. 
  6. Smooth transformation of Mina from cat to human. Many are complaining about the CGI, but I think her transformation is really smooth. Yes, the cat still looks like CGI but still it looks good!
  7. The 3 immortals close to Seon Ok Nam. Those three have a good funny tandem. They add to fun of the drama!
  8. The red-haired girl. I don't know what's her name, but her parts are really funny. I FEEL THE UNIVERSE!!!! lol. 
  9. And lastly, for everyone who has not read the webtoon, the drama is really interesting so they must really stick with it!

Meanwhile, as for Yoon Hyun Min's acting, I'm still waiting for further character development on his role.

Spoiler

As for the problem they think about the ending, I think they will not change it, in the first two episodes from the spoilers I've read in this forum...I think the husband is really Kim Geum. LOL. He talks to animals. He first sees the fairy. And many many other clues in the drama plus their chemistry. (or am I just fangirling?) Besides, Ok Nam is still not sure about Ji Hyun (played by Yoon Hyun Min).

So far, what I do not like in this drama is the cherry blossoms CGI (is it cherry blossoms?), I think the drama is much better without it.

But anyway, I still think the drama is good so far. I believe it is will be much better and better on the next episodes, so we shall stay tuned for it! Chae Won would not pick this drama if this is not good, right? 

• Like 12

This is my two cents based on the commentary about the drama adaptations.

actually, i cannot hide my surprise when the drama already showed the husband's face from the past. Like literally made me think "what the use of making two candidates of the husband if there already YH face"
even though clearly one of the fairies stated "your husband face/shape can be completely different from his previous life"

yet. for someone that maybe not into detail, they'll still wondering why the drama is different from the webtoon. that is why a lot of Korean netizens started to criticize even though it is still in the second episodes.

Ps: if you don't like to spoil with the webtoon, please don't see the spoiler below.

Spoiler

the webtoon itself made Oknam leans her heart to YH more that to Kim Geum. Even they shared their kiss and with KG only one simple date.
And its true most of the webtoon, I, as the reader thought that it was YH, is the husband since most of the story, it shows how YH's personality changed and also YH's previous lives as deer or as ON and KG's fairy friend more than KG's previous lives.

• Like 11

@latuadi 

Spoiler

I think they showed the husband's face already based on Seon Ok-Nam's P.O.V.

but it disheartens me to know that she leans her heart on Ji Hyun  in the webtoon more? I feel like my ship has already ended! LOL. But still, I will continue to love their chemistry (seon ok-nam x seo jihoon) even more! xD #TeamSeoJiHoon :lol::lol:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

The first time i felt how Ok Nam took care of KG is when he accidentally being hit while protecting YH at the temple. Ok Nam's gaze is like someone that concern about her loves one even though she didn't know who he was (or am i reading to much). i really like if the actor or actress using more gesture and subtle move to show their emotions compare to a lot of chit and chat. 
and I've seen that more and more in K-dramas. Even though this act sometimes making viewers reading too much or making miss perceptions like me :D  ..

@Erika Song

Spoiler

'm team Kim Geum also :D:D

i hope i can see more interaction between KG and ON.

OMG.. I'm afraid that I'll start to fast forward YH's scene LoL

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just let the show and enjoy it.. :D All the cast play really good

I like all the character, and how crancky JH, i found it funny..:lol:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, who know when the egg hatched, they still hide the actor who play Ok Nam's son so i think it's will a cameo.

• Like 9

i love ep 1 so much. but for ep2 the first half is quite slow. the best part was towards the ending. 

about yoon hyun min acting, he seems a bit overacting but does the character in webtoon like that ? i didnt manage to finish the webtoon before but they already locked the rest of the chapter. 

i hope they dont change the storyline for the husband. i want this drama to be successful. Im a big fan of Chaewon unnie and this drama should make her name big again in dramaland. 

please dont be like Cheese In The Trap. 

hopefully netizen stay for ep3 and the rest. rating please increase to 6% next week juseyo. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, heyshownu said:

i love ep 1 so much. but for ep2 the first half is quite slow. the best part was towards the ending. 

about yoon hyun min acting, he seems a bit overacting but does the character in webtoon like that ? i didnt manage to finish the webtoon before but they already locked the rest of the chapter. 

i hope they dont change the storyline for the husband. i want this drama to be successful. Im a big fan of Chaewon unnie and this drama should make her name big again in dramaland. 

please dont be like Cheese In The Trap. 

hopefully netizen stay for ep3 and the rest. rating please increase to 6% next week juseyo. 

Indeed, YHM's character a liitle bit over, but it's funny and hilarious...

Yeah I hope, the rating keep increase, bcs its good show:heart:

• Like 8

Spoiler

Since I did not read the webtoon, I ask the question, is that the fact that her husband is one of them means that she must fall in love with him? I mean she may fall in love with the other and this one is not her husband, at that moment will it happen??? Finally, I hope you understand my question, thanks for those who will answer it.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Just now I've finished watching the two episodes. Hah! I did enjoyed it, especially these side characters. 

Red Deity Goddess is like on her edge of CLIMAX! Epic reactions! 51.gif

JdxkESw.gif

Indeed! FEEL the UNIVERSE! 17.gif Thanos must be scared right now.

Spoiler

P7JxHm9.gif

DJodsD3.gif

* cough * Special  JUICE 69.gif

Spoiler

oZG6GWG.gif

SE5G9dv.gif

Spoiler

gfcvT68.gif

Spoiler

mVFLGIe.jpg

• LOL 12

3 hours ago, OksanaS said:

I'm in professor's team!!! He is so funny and hot!

I agree with you..

I'm on his team too:D

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, marrez1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Since I did not read the webtoon, I ask the question, is that the fact that her husband is one of them means that she must fall in love with him? I mean she may fall in love with the other and this one is not her husband, at that moment will it happen??? Finally, I hope you understand my question, thanks for those who will answer it.

Spoiler

Hmm.. in my POV, so far Ok  Nam show interest and almost fall for YH coz he shows some kind "husband" sign.. like when other fairies told her there are two guys that see her taking a bath, she still lean on YH more. she heard him "taking a pee" and called Jom soon-i to the cat, also she thought the egg almost hatched when YH around despite knowing it because KG touch it.
even when jom soon told her that KG can speak with animal, she only says "he's such a nice and pure guy" and never once suspect him as her husband.

and yes, probably she fell for him (YH) and "force" the situation as "husband" sign.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

A follow up of my last post...

Seems like cats recommended the drama to dogs, it's a huge success :D:lol:

(I can't with these posts :lol:)

• LOL 9

Been lurking around here but I need to say...

Sun Ok Nam & Kim Geum <3

On another note~ I think regarding the criticisms..maybe because I didn't read the webtoon, so I don't have any presumptions, but I think a lot of the creative decisions made were because the source material is a webtoon in the first place. YHM's over-exaggeration and the obvious/fake-looking CGI is because the source material is a webtoon, so it's possible that the director wanted to have it more cartoon-ish.

Hopefully, if more people can understand this, they can look over it. As I don't have any knowledge about the webtoon, the drama is really fun for me. The only questionable part for me is why/when she changes between her old/young self - I believe they suggested that if she takes out the flower, she'll look young. But there was one part in EP 1 where she had the flower on her head but she was young. So yeah, a bit confused.

• Like 10

I like the drama and will watch it till the end im a little annoyed some people spoiled some stuff because ive not read the webtoon but oh well.

From what i can tell though people are being a bit dramatic with the call out on Change's. 

I dont care for the other male lead only Geum though. 

18 hours ago, latuadi said:

wow.. if they change the ending just coz of viewers..  i wonder what's the point of making pre-produced drama then..

If they changed the tv show ending compared to webtoon shouldnt you be happy? 

14 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Cute :wub::wub:

dc gall

These are my fave scenes mostly due to me loving him.

• Like 6