Quantcast
Jillia

[Current Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전 - Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

f131843171641398000(0).png

Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter

28912042e7120149c24ac1fd0a9ba65888698ab7

Drama Information

Korean Title: 계룡선녀전

Genre: Romance / Drama / Fantasy

Episodes: 16

Broadcast Network: tvN

Release Date: November 5th, 2018 -

Runtime:  Mon & Tue @ 21:30 KST

Official Website: HERE

Director: Kim Yoon Chul (past works: My Lovely Sam Soon, Woman of Dignity, Can We Get Married?)

Writer: Yoo Kyung Sun

Producer: Lee Jin Suk

Production: JS Pictures (past works: Woman of Dignity, Strong Girl Bong-Soon)

Webtoon: 계룡선녀전 by Dol Bae

Watch on: Viki

Synopsis

The story follows a fairy SUN OK-NAM (Moon Chae Won) who after losing her clothes while bathing, meets a woodcutter and marries him. After her husband’s accidental death, she waits for him to be reincarnated. She is a 699-year-old barista and to ordinary people appears very old, but to special people, she appears young and also has the ability to converse with plants.

(Source:  Soompi )

Cast & Characters

Moon Chae Won as young SUN OK-NAM  / Go Doo Shim as old SUN OK-NAM

f131844156468930000(0).png

Yoon Hyun Min as JEONG YI-HYUN

f131843182673250000(0).png

Seo Ji Hoon as KIM GEUM

f131843184944454000(0).png

Jeon Soo Jin as LEE HAM SOOK

f131843186836266000(0).png

Kang Mi Na as JEOM SOON YI

f131843201438646000(0).png

Ahn Mi Young as CHO BONG DAE

f131843203734654000(0).png

Im Ha Ryong as KING BUKDU

12997347e5d81e1bea8723af2e37d823cc64051d

Ahn Gil Gang as TEACHER GOO

f131843202511458000(0).png

Hwang Young Hee as FAIRY OH

f131843202615978000(0).png

Kim Min Kyu as PARK SHIN SUN

f131843202563406000(0).png

TBA as KIM GEUM's mother

f131843204393598000(0).png

Yoo Jung Woo as UHM KYUNG SUL

Yoo Ah Reum as AHN JUNG MIN

Han Da Hee as YI HYUN's first love

Yoo In Soo as STUDENT

CAST WILL BE UPDATED/CORRECTED ACCORDING TO CASTING NEWS

Character Chart

f131843198407722000(0).png

Introduction Clip

Posters

Spoiler

201810150803168010_5.jpg

201810150803168010_4.jpg

201810150803168010_3.jpg

201810150803168010_2.jpg

201810150803168010_1.jpg

Ratings

TBA

Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the alert @sky5joyous. Since casting has been confirmed, I hv reopened this thread..  I’m really happy about this , since I love both of them . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6

Kang So-Ra & Yoon Hyun-Min cast in drama series “Tale of Gyeryong Fairy”

Tale_of_Gyeryong_Fairy-a00.jpg

Kang So-Ra and Yoon Hyun-Min are now cast in drama series “Tale of Gyeryong Fairy” (literal tilte). They will play lead roles. Kang So-Ra will portray Sun Ok-Nam. Her character has waited 699 years for her deceased husband to be reincarnated. This is so she could retrieve her fairy clothes. Yoon Hyun-Min will play Jung Yi-Hyun. He is a biology professor and good looking. He does have a cleaning obsession and is distrustful. He visits the cafe in Gyeryong Mountain where Sun Ok-Nam works. “Tale of Gyeryong Fairy” is based on webcomic “Gyeryongsunnyeojeon” by Dol Bae.

The broadcasting station and potential air date has not yet been decided. The drama series will air as a 100% pre-production.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/

Spoiler

Kang So-ra offered fantasy-romance drama as 699-year-old barista fairy

kangsora_102.jpg

Yup, you read that right. Kang So-ra (Revolutionary Love) is considering her next drama, and the fantasy-romance series has me intrigued: It’s called Gyeryong Fairy Tale, where Gyeryong is a location in the province of Chungcheong (note: the latter part means “tale of a fairy” rather than the “fairy tale” genre of stories). Given how much I enjoy watching Kang So-ra and how disappointed I’ve been in recent projects from her, I’m hoping for a better result this time.

Gyeryong Fairy Tale is based on a Naver webtoon and centers around a 699-year-old fairy from Gyeryong mountain who lives through Goryeo and Joseon times, who then becomes a barista. That’s a strange trajectory if I ever saw one. She is on the hunt for her reincarnated husband and her winged clothing, which recalls the famous folktale about the woodcutter who married a fairy when he hid her winged clothes to prevent her from returning to her heavenly home. (Yes, I have huge problems with this fairy tale.)

The role Kang So-ra has been offered is the main character of the fairy, who lost her winged clothing after taking a bath in a pond (because the woodcutter stole them!) and then married the woodcutter who came to her aid (after first disarming and isolating her!). But in this drama, the husband loses his footing on a precipice and falls to his death, and ever since then the fairy has been waiting for him to be reincarnated. She now works as a barista, and to ordinary people she appears as a grandmother but retains her youthful appearance in front of certain people with whom she has a special connection. She also possesses the power of being able to talk to plants.

The plot is certainly attention-grabbing, and I’m in the mood for an innovative story. Hopefully PD Kim Yoon-chul brings the quirky story to life; I have liked many of his previous dramas, like the contemplative Could We Marry?, the intense Que Sera Sera, and of course the seminal My Name Is Kim Sam-soon. (We’ll just ignore Madam Antoine, shall we?)

Gyeryong Fairy Tale is being considered for a tvN slot later this year.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/kang-so-ra-offered-fantasy-romance-drama-as-699-year-old-barista-fairy/

• Like 3

Yoon Hyun-min up to romance fairy barista Kang So-ra 

(..) 

Gyeryong Fairy Tale is a new drama in the works that puts a spin on the classic folktale of the fairy and the woodcutter, about a 699-year-old fairy who’s lived through a couple of dynasties while waiting for her reincarnated husband. Kang So-ra (Revolutionary Love) is currently being courted to headline as the fairy, and Yoon Hyun-min (Witch’s Court) has been offered a role of biologist. (error in this article, he isn't her husband but he's 1 of 2 mens when the fairy gets a feeling that one of the two men visiting her cafe from Seoul is her reincarnated husband.) 

The drama is an adaptation of a webtoon by the same name, about a fairy from Gyeryong mountain who has lived from Goryeo to the present day while waiting to reunite with her husband. She’s 699 years old and appears like a grandmother to most, but special people can see her true form, as a beautiful young woman. She runs a strange little coffee shop tucked away in the mountains that serves hand-ground coffee (think Three Meals a Day mortar-and-pestle-style) named funny things like “Tears of the Deer,” “No You Can’t, Princess,” and “Black Water.” She talks to animals and plants, and some of the animals around her seem to be people reincarnated in different form. (..)  

Yoon Hyun-min’s role in the drama will differ maybe from the source material, but in the original webtoon, his character is a biology professor at a university. He suffers from very severe insomnia and is undergoing clinical trials and therapy just to find a cure, and is your general prickly, smartass, handsome young man, though probably a notch crabbier than most because he gets no sleep. He’s forbidden from drinking coffee but can’t live without it, and the hijinks begin when he breaks down and has to have coffee in the middle of nowhere, and lo and behold, there’s a coffee shop right there in the middle of nowhere.

In the first few episodes of the webtoon, he already gets a peek at the fairy’s true form and thinks she’s putting LSD in the coffee to make him see things, (..) 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/02/yoon-hyun-min-up-to-romance-fairy-barista-kang-so-ra/  

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In the Goryeo period, Sun Ok-Nam was a fairy. She came down to this world and took a bath at a waterfall on Gyeryong Mountain. While she took the bath, a woodcutter took her fairy clothes and hid them. Because of this, Sun Ok-Nam could not go back to Heaven. She then married the woodcutter and they had two children together, but her husband died from falling off of a cliff. Sun Ok-Nam tried to find her fairy clothes, but she still could not locate it. Needing her fairy clothes, she decides to wait for husband to be reincarnated.

Now in the present day, she makes coffee at a cafe on Gyeryong Mountain and waits for her reincarnated husband. Finally, after 699 years, she gets a feeling that one of the two men visiting her cafe from Seoul is her reincarnated husband. Sun Ok-Nam is not sure which one of the two men is her husband. She deicides to follow them to Seoul to find out.

Based on webcomic "Gyeryongsunnyeojeon” by Dol Bae (first published from March 1, 2017 via comic.naver.com/webtoon/)

http://asianwiki.com/Tale_of_Gyeryong_Fairy    

• Like 4

If it's true based on the webtoon, i have to say i used to read the same theme legend and comic in my country. But the comic i read was Fairies' Landing but the fairy was fallen too deep into a human world until she became evil. and in other hands, the other legend was a folktale in my country. Jaka Tarub but not in modernized way.

Who's the writer ? I was hoping for LJS as the male lead :D 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ruzikie said:

If it's true based on the webtoon, i have to say i used to read the same theme legend and comic in my country. But the comic i read was Fairies' Landing but the fairy was fallen too deep into a human world until she became evil. and in other hands, the other legend was a folktale in my country. Jaka Tarub but not in modernized way.

Who's the writer ? I was hoping for LJS as the male lead :D 

The writer is Yoo Kyung Sun. 

Fans of Kang Sora think she gave 2 hints in her IG before the official confirmation about her role in the drama..

Spoiler

• Like 2

Update: Kang Sora And Yoon Hyun Min Confirmed For Upcoming Drama

Kang Sora and Yoon Hyun Min’s casting for the new drama “Gyeryong Goddess” (working title) has been confirmed! The network and schedule for the show has yet to be determined.

Original Article:

Yoon Hyun Min has received an offer to join upcoming drama “Gyeryong Goddess.”

A source from the actor’s agency JS Pictures confirmed on February 20, “Yoon Hyun Min has received an offer to feature in ‘Gyeryong Goddess,’ and is reviewing it.”

“Gyeryong Goddess” is a drama adaptation of the webtoon of the same name. The webtoon is currently being updated weekly, and follows the story of a fairy who has lived through the Goryeo and Joseon dynasties and is now a 699-year-old barista, as she waits for her husband to be reincarnated.

In addition to Yoon Hyun Min, it has been reported that Kang Sora has also received an offer to star in the drama.

“Gyeryong Goddess” will be produced by JS Pictures and directed by producing director Kim Yoon Chul of “Can We Love?” and “Madame Antoine,” while the script will be written by writer Yoo Kyung Sun. It is currently in talks to air on tvN. 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/19/yoon-hyun-min-talks-join-kang-sora-upcoming-drama/  

• Like 3

Kang So-ra and Yoon Hyun-min Couple Up for "Gyeryong Fairy Tale"

photo949538.jpg

Actors Kang So-ra and Yoon Hyun-min are to star in "Gyeryong Fairy Tale".

Based on webtoon that draws from the traditional Korean folk tale, "The Woodcutter and the Fairy", this drama is a modern twist on the tale of a 699-year-old fairy waits for her love to be re-incarnated through the ages. She currently works as a barista and can also talk to plants. Her outer appearance seems to be an old woman wearing a red flower, but a few people can see her truth, youthful, beauty.

Kang So-ra takes on the role of fairy Seon Ok-nam who wanders around the Gyeryong Mountain for 699 years because her husband didn't tell her the whereabouts of her winged dress, and Yoon Hyun-min takes on the role of Jeong Yi-hyeon, a handsome and clever biologist.

"Gyeryong Fairy Tale" is directed by Kim Yoon-cheol and written by Yoo Kyung-sun.

https://www.hancinema.net/kang-so-ra-and-yoon-hyun-min-couple-up-for-gyeryong-fairy-tale-115988.html

• Like 2

Aiks! So YHM’s character is not the husband whom she’s been waiting for. Hmm will there be a love triangle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Aiks! So YHM’s character is not the husband whom she’s been waiting for. Hmm will there be a love triangle?

(..) Now in the present day, she makes coffee at a cafe on Gyeryong Mountain and waits for her reincarnated husband. Finally, after 699 years, she gets a feeling that one of the two men visiting her cafe from Seoul is her reincarnated husband. Sun Ok-Nam is not sure which one of the two men is her husband. She deicides to follow them to Seoul to find out. (..) http://asianwiki.com/Tale_of_Gyeryong_Fairy   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi there, will be dropping in once in a while to help update the thread from time to time!

Sis @sky5joyous thank for making the drama thread :D.

Waving hi hi @ruzikie @icemaid @allmylife00 sis! 

And nice to meet you @triplem 

Well now it all depends on whether the adaptation of the drama will follow closely to the webtoon (I hope it does because I loveeee the webtoon so much) I hope the drama won't stray far from the original. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

little cutie says hello smiley @pandalover1 nice to see you here!

Waiting for more casting news......:lol:

Related image

Image result for pictures of kang sora and yoon hyun minRelated image

• Like 4

• Like 3
  • Haha 1