Episodes: 30

Director:

Broadcast Period: 2019

Novel: Stewed Squid with Honey (蜜汁炖鱿鱼)

Cast:

Yang Zi

Li Xian

Synopsis:

Tong Nian is a genius 19-year-old student with high IQ and low EQ, who is also a famous anime cosplay person and sings well. She’s falls in love at first sight with Han Shang Yan, who is a game genius in the e-sports world and never pays attention to the girls.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

Coming soon...

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Stewed Squid with Honey (蜜汁炖鱿鱼) Novel Translations

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Like 3

Thank you so very much for this!  I can totally see the actor portraying Gun visually but for the actress, she doesnt quite fit Tong Nian described in the novel.  But another cutesy and romantic drama to watch, yes please! So glad its the same production as Love 020, so hopefully my expectation isn't a let down.  I am sure the main leads were chosen with much consideration so they are the experts,(casting team), I am just glad that this novel is chosen to be portrayed on screen.  I love drama free lovestory, the book was quite entertaining, so cannot wait for filming to start!! 

Thanks for this thread. I’ve been into C-dramas lately with all the Chinese novels being made into dramas and movies. 

Tong Nian is supposed to be a star in her own right and pretty smart too. Her interactions with Gun is funny at times. 

Hu Yi Tian (from A Love So Beautiful) has joined the cast as Wu Bai.  I believe that's the little cousin (DT), the one who threw the OTP under the bus at the joint New Year's family dinner.  :D 

I am beyond excited for this drama!!! Honey Stewed Squid is such an amazing adorable novel! Also, I was reading rumors that MBFB (author) was going to incorporate another of her books at the end and then have it's drama after this. God's Left Hand. 

I just finished the novel. That's a lot of FOREPLAY involved. Are they going to portray those on screen? 0.0 I have a hunch, they'll extend the storyline. The novel was a light read without deep crazy drama. Looking forward to the TV drama adaptation!

• Like 1

hmmmm finally Li Xian with the leading role....does this means he will finally get the girl? :) 

• LOL 2

On 4/18/2018 at 12:35 PM, angelangie said:

hmmmm finally Li Xian with the leading role....does this means he will finally get the girl? :) 

it's a happy ending so he definitely will!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

it's a happy ending so he definitely will!

cool i like this guy .... he is cute in a sense and also omit good charisma most of the times :)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 4:09 AM, themarchioness said:

Hu Yi Tian (from A Love So Beautiful) has joined the cast as Wu Bai.  I believe that's the little cousin (DT), the one who threw the OTP under the bus at the joint New Year's family dinner.  :D 

Edited by fishnch1ps
Han shangyan is Dt's real name.. Wu bai is just a senior who was in the same major as tong nian

1 hour ago, fishnch1ps said:

Han shangyan is Dt's real name.. Wu bai is just a senior who was in the same major as tong nian

Actually, Han Shangyan is the main character's real name.  

This is a quote from the notes to the translated novel: "Dt’s real name is 吴白 Wu Bai, and hence, his familiar name is Little Bai."

• Like 2

I do agree that Li Xian is perfectly cast as the main lead Gun but as for Yang Zi, we will just have to wait and see..I'm so anxiously waiting for this to show already..

• Like 1

So excited this novel is coming to tv and the script writer is the novel writer too!  There is no way that the novel can be butchered!  :lol:  I really adore the novel and I do hope they keep the cute fun fluffy aspect of the novel.  Oh innuendos that Gun does to poor TN :wub:  Makes me blush LOL...:blush:

I just hope that Hunan doesn't pick up this drama....yes you Hunan who has butcher so many novels made into dramas....:rage: Maybe a web platform picks it up so it won't be butchered.  Hope Viki or Dramafever picks this up so we can have some good english subs.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

On 9/27/2018 at 8:30 PM, ktn1122 said:

just hope that Hunan doesn't pick up this drama....yes you Hunan who has butcher so many novels made into dramas....:rage: Maybe a web platform picks it up so it won't be butchered.  Hope Viki or Dramafever picks this up so we can have some good english subs.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

I thought Dramafever is no more, i think they have shut down but yea, i hope Viki will pick this up too.