Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

I agree with all the sentiments and observations regarding the episode so I don't have much to add. I notice Drake had a sniffle in a couple scenes. He seemed nursing a cold so his voice was muffled and he wasn't as expressive. Just a guess. 

There's one detail I think important between the English sub and the Vietnamese sub. Mama mentioned Tee would go study abroad so it was good to part with Mork early. The English sub didn't make it clear about this point. 

WUtSLnH.jpg

Au's coming out and admitting his feelings To Mork was a little unclear to me. He mentioned he didn't want to get Mork hurt when he was close to Mork rather than emphasizing his romantic feelings toward Mork. At least we now knew he ordered and received the DVD envelope. It was left in his room. Or at least that's what the show wanted us to assume. It didn't really make that matter any clearer. 

We've seen Mork's love challenged and Mork was willing to let go of Tee so he wouldn't drag Tee down with him. The end of this episode set up so that it's Tee's turn to be challenged in the same manner. Would Tee value Mork's continuing education and let go of Mork? We shall see. 

In the end, I didn't feel emotionally connected to this episode as I did with previous ones. I hope it gets great again in the final 2 episodes.

There was a notice in Vietnamese sub that the show wouldn't be on next week. I don't know if that's still true. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

I agree with all the sentiments and observations regarding the episode so I don't have much to add. I notice Drake had a sniffle in a couple scenes. He seemed nursing a cold so his voice was muffled and he wasn't as expressive. Just a guess. 

There's one detail I think important between the English sub and the Vietnamese sub. Mama mentioned Tee would go study abroad so it was good to part with Mork early. The English sub didn't make it clear about this point. 

WUtSLnH.jpg

Au's coming out and admitting his feelings To Mork was a little unclear to me. He mentioned he didn't want to get Mork hurt when he was close to Mork rather than emphasizing his romantic feelings toward Mork. At least we now knew he ordered and received the DVD envelope. It was left in his room. Or at least that's what the show wanted us to assume. It didn't really make that matter any clearer. 

We've seen Mork's love challenged and Mork was willing to let of Tee so he wouldn't drag Tee down with him. The end of this episode set up so that it's Tee's turn to be challenge in the same manner. Would Tee value Mork's continuing education and let go of Mork? We shall see. 

In the end, I didn't feel emotionally connected to this episode as I did with previous ones. I hope it gets great again in the final 2 episodes.

There was notice in Vietnamese sub that the show wouldn't be on next week. I don't know if that's still true. 

Au's coming out could have been handled a lot better than it was. I have to admit that since the first few episodes this series hasn't grabbed much of my attention, but i'm going to start from episode 1 again once the series ends and pay more attention. See if it grabs me a little more on the second viewing. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

See if it grabs me a little more on the second viewing

I have seen each episode more than 20 times lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

LOL! I don't think i've ever watched any program that many times. You're a dedicated fan for sure!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

Fortunate you are! I just watch the first subbing part from ep 10. That's why i only comment on this one. Hope to watch the three others subbed parts tomorrow. I read a sort of general disenchantment into lot of comment about ep 10, and i felt it while watching the no subbed ep. However, i don't allow me to have any opinion until i watch the whole thing. Now it is late for me, and time for join my bed (03:24 am there). Hello to those already awake!:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gogole mongol said:

Fortunate you are! I just watch the first subbing part from ep 10. That's why i only comment on this one. Hope to watch the three others subbed parts tomorrow. I read a sort of general disenchantment into lot of comment about ep 10, and i felt it while watching the no subbed ep. However, i don't allow me to have any opinion until i watch the whole thing. Now it is late for me, and time for join my bed (03:24 am there). Hello to those already awake!:)

Hello and Good Night! Sleep well! It's 10.30am here and i'm meant to be hard at work. :phew:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, morkingtee said:

There was a notice in Vietnamese sub that the show wouldn't be on next week. I don't know if that's still true. 

Is someone is able to confirm this news?

10 hours ago, morkingtee said:

Mama mentioned Tee would go study abroad so it was good to part with Mork early. The English sub didn't make it clear about this point. 

It's what I understand too from the english sub, it wasn't clear, but I get this vibe. So let's see.

10 hours ago, morkingtee said:

Au's coming out and admitting his feelings To Mork was a little unclear to me.

I don't know if it's the translation or the exchange who are lacking, but I'm agree with you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, midnightbottle said:

There are only 2 episodes left and there are too many loose ends to tidy. I believe we won't get explanation to all the things that have happened in the past. I am also pretty sure we will not get a happy ending where Mork and Tee ends up together.

yes... just 2 episode left and still give us too much thing unexplained...

1. p'som aka blossom that never appeared

2. tee's parent's conflict, still wondering what happened behind their divorce... it was said by tee's dad that it's just an misunderstanding but as a viewer, we never really know what happened for real

3. mork's childhood (the scene with his mum that seems to be deleted from the series). still hoping that it will be aired, at least just a minutes at the 2 remaining episode left

about the ending, i think it would be an happy ending from the spoiler pic that revealed from twitter....

and from drake ig, there was seems a scene that they would be aparted but later being reunited again... but if we think that it would be just 2 episode left... maybe all the spoiler could be removed and changed with a new script.....

maybe :joy:

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 1:05 PM, Siska Kristina said:

maybe all the spoiler could be removed and changed with a new script.....

maybe :joy:

I almost wish they could do that!! I didn't even comment last episode as I'm seriously gonna sound like a broken record. 

I don't understand what happened with the show. At first, it seemed there was a built up story, with a lot of mysteries that would be slowly revealed and we were just crazy with theories...but now, pratically all of them were dropped (why did it seem Tee was staying/sleeping at school at some point? What happened between his parents? Why does Mork keep nose bleeding? Why did Tee seem seriously ill? Why does he have such an erratic behaviour in general?) or solved with silly explanation (I'm still recovering from the whole we-split-up-because-I-had-forgotten-my-glasses-and-couldn't-see-you thing...:huh:).

And now this "storyline" with Au that leads litteraly nowhere...

It leaves me with feeling that the whole plot was dropped midway and replaced with side-plots to fill in the remaining episodes or that there was never any plot at all and the writers just dropped hints to make people waste their breath.

• Like 4

My Ah Tee!!!!! Already know of tee
Look belated EP. 10 got it on line TV

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing, bridge and outdoor

• Like 1

As most of you, I'm quite disappointed by the latest episodes (since the one with the trip to Snowtown and the sea I would say). I could repeat what you guys have said in your previous comments, so I'll be brief (I'll try, for once ^^). Unfortunately, I can't find the delightful originality and carefreeness in this series anymore... I'm so frustrated because I feel like this amazing series which had such a great potential has been kinda wasted in the end! :(

As I once said in a comment I'm not too fan of dramatic storylines, especially when it goes on and on for several eps (that's obviously only a personal taste : I prefer happy ends). There are only 2 eps. left before the end now and I'd have liked to end this series (which was once cheerful and funny) on a positive note, or at least with a clear situation.

Instead of that, it seems that important mysteries and problems are all thicker and thicker / more and more complicated / simply put aside to leave room to some uninteresting slices of life... Seriously, who cares about this WTF tourism assignment which lasts soooooo long when Tee and Mork's relationship is still threatened??? I could have accepted that kind of scenes earlier in the series, but in the last eps. I think people want to see something else than these useless fillers (I'm not against fan service, moreover Tee and Mork are cute in traditional clothes, but I'd rather have some answers to my questions considering the series will come to an end soon). A shorter excerpt would have been enough to let us know that Tee has finally been accepted by Mork's friends.

Moreover, I think it's a little illogical seing Tee and Mork posing together for pictures uploaded on social medias like nothing happened, just a few days after the great cataclysm they just went through... 

Concerning Gord and Morn, it's a pity that their story only begins to progress at ep. 10/12... 

Finally, the worst : when our four boys get Ton's camera back from the thieves....... big LOL!! This isn't credible at all, they are all neat young students and their attitude is far from being dreadful. It would have been some guys like Forth (2 moons), Mauk (Kiss me again) or Prem (Sotus)... Ok, they are quite aggressive and impressive. But Mork, Tee, Au and Ton : sorry guys, you're all fit and muscled but you seem just as dangerous as cute puppies :lol:

... And the advertising excerpt with that ridiculous ghost is just absurd (since when Cause you're my boy is a fantasy series??? At least, until then, ads were coherent with the series' atmosphere but this one... WTF??).

Anyway, there are some good parts in this ep. : Au and Mork's conversation, Tee expressing Mork his gratitude (... it was about time!!!), Tee trying to stand up to his mother, Tee and Mork's little game to review their lessons (so cute, a kiss would have been welcome here... so frustrating!) ; but globally I find it disappointing. Of course I'll watch the two next eps., but I'm not enthusiastic as I was at the beginning because I think there isn't enough eps. remaining to have a really quality and satisfying end. We'll see...

• Like 4

12 hours ago, SaQaroz said:

I almost wish they could do that!! I didn't even comment last episode as I'm seriously gonna sound like a broken record. 

I don't understand what happened with the show. At first, it seemed there was a built up story, with a lot of mysteries that would be slowly revealed and we were just crazy with theories...but now, pratically all of them were dropped (why did it seem Tee was staying/sleeping at school at some point? What happened between his parents? Why does Mork keep nose bleeding? Why did Tee seem seriously ill? Why does he have such an erratic behaviour in general?) or solved with silly explanation (I'm still recovering from the whole we-split-up-because-I-had-forgotten-my-glasses-and-couldn't-see-you thing...:huh:).

And now this "storyline" with Au that leads litteraly nowhere...

It leaves me with feeling that the whole plot was dropped midway and replaced with side-plots to fill in the remaining episodes or that there was never any plot at all and the writers just dropped hints to make people waste their breath.

I agree.  The show started really good, good pace, coherent, and with mystery and lots of talk of possible impending death, plus mysteries involving all of their relationships in the past.  I remember the first moment I had a wtf moment with the show.  It was when Mork was all of a sudden randomly looking for Tee around the school (the day after he'd grabbed his junk, again, haha).  He had seemed worried that Tee was avoiding him/mad at him earlier in the day.  Then he found him in that random bathroom/locker room, and they referenced some hint photo that Tee had sent him, and also seemed normal and flirty. At that moment, I said to myself, "Huh, they must have cut a scene for time or something."  But ever since, every episode has had more "missing" scenes and information.  It feels like those Chinese "BLs" where you really have no way of following the story without reading the book. 

At some point, as things got more and more confusing, I had a theory that the missing scenes were intentional.  Like, we were watching everything from Mork's (and Morn's) points of view, and halfway through the series we would shift over to Tee's (and Gord's) points of view and kind of "go back" and see the missing information we hadn't gotten to see the first time around, like about Tee's health, his family, his weird stuff with Bambi and Au, etc. Which would have been a confusing way to cut the series, but would have been satisfying when we finally had all the pieces.  Now it seems too late in the series for there to be time to reveal all the "missing" scenes.  But like, really, what happened to Morn's damn school books?  And what was the reason that Mork and Tee looked at each other so weirdly but didn't wave to each other when Tee was eating with Bambi. . . and then never talked about it?  Why was Tee just randomly wandering the streets hours after Mork "broke up" with him, got drunk with Au, fell asleep, talked to Bambi, wandered outside, almost had his phone stolen. . . And then apparently they were fine and met Tee's stepdad had a cute sleepover?

I saw a theory on youtube that Tee is bipolar.  Honestly, that explains a LOT of his behavior.  (Living on the streets, sleeping on the ground outside Mork's house and calling his phone over 100 times, buying condoms even though they had JUST had a talk saying Mork wanted to wait...)  So now I've been treating the character as bipolar, and he makes more sense, as do even his mother's reactions, if she really thinks that Mork brings the episodes out.  The same theory said maybe Mork had leukemia.  I don't know about leukemia, but I totally bought that Mork had some serious health condition.  Why does his carefree richard simmons aspire to be a doctor, anyway?  Why do they talk about death so much? 

But now, as the series draws to a close, the mysteries are turning out to just be strange writing/editing/missing scenes/ominous talk for drama's sake. . . And I just don't know what to say.  I almost wonder if their budget was just insanely downgraded after making the first few episodes, and they had to resort to hiring college students to finish up the series or something.  The acting and some standalone scenes remain compelling, and all of the characters are so damn interesting, but the transitions, pacing, character's motivations, and "missing scenes" make it all so. . . tiring to try to watch and understand.  And I am personally one of those who has a 0% problem with the extended dark tone that we've been experiencing.  That is NOT what's bumming me out.  It's definitely the quality that is doing it.  (I still want a happy ending, but don't mind if the path there is riddled with tension and darkness.)

Haha, I'm new to this forum so I had a lot to say.  Also, haven't gone back and read nearly all of the posts (you're all so prolific) though I will definitely be going back and checking out some of the discussion, theories, and links that have been going on here! 

Thanks for listening!  What I really wish, is that they'd go back and film a bunch or scenes to fill in all the weird gaps and re-edit the show so things make more sense.  Wish me luck with my fantasy. :joy:

• Like 5

Haha, can I ask a question?  Does this forum not allow for foul language?  I wrote, I believe "a-s-s" above, and now it says "richard simmons"?  What on earth is going on? :joy:  There is no way I typed Richard Simmons. . . 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mads102030 said:

Haha, can I ask a question?  Does this forum not allow for foul language?  I wrote, I believe "a-s-s" above, and now it says "richard simmons"?  What on earth is going on? :joy:  There is no way I typed Richard Simmons. . . 

It's a feature of this forum. Just put some spaces in d i c k like that and it will work :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

It's a feature of this forum. Just put some spaces in d i c k like that and it will work :)

Thanks, you're a bad a s s for answering.  Does it always put in "Richard Simmons" no matter the thread, in the whole forum? :D

• Haha 1

On 9/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, mellialuna said:
On 9/3/2018 at 2:13 AM, morkingtee said:

Au's coming out and admitting his feelings To Mork was a little unclear to me.

I don't know if it's the translation or the exchange who are lacking, but I'm agree with you. 

Yes, i felt strange how Au move from a secret lover status to the "old school friend" one, as if nothing happened during this time. I felt strange when they hug, Au showing a real smile on his face, again like to old friend which meet after a "long time no see" moment. How it is possible to move from lover status to schoolmate's one instantly? Only Mork is right: "we are still friend!". Is "innocent" Au is still cheating on Mork, as he does before, secretly loving Mork and pretending to only be his friend? When i saw Au and Ton joyfully running away from Tee/Mork couple at embankment, i told to myself there is something wrong! I never imagined it was possible to so easily jump up from a break up state to a so enjoying mood as something had been definitively erased from your memory! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lelliae said:

Moreover, I think it's a little illogical seing Tee and Mork posing together for pictures uploaded on social medias like nothing happened, just a few days after the great cataclysm they just went through... 

Finally, the worst : when our four boys get Ton's camera back from the thieves....... big LOL!! This isn't credible at all, they are all neat young students and their attitude is far from being dreadful. It would have been some guys like Forth (2 moons), Mauk (Kiss me again) or Prem (Sotus)... Ok, they are quite aggressive and impressive. But Mork, Tee, Au and Ton : sorry guys, you're all fit and muscled but you seem just as dangerous as cute puppies :lol:

Seriously, who cares about this WTF tourism assignment which lasts soooooo long when Tee and Mork's relationship is still threatened??? I could have accepted that kind of scenes earlier in the series, but in the last eps. I think people want to see something else than these useless fillers (I'm not against fan service, moreover Tee and Mork are cute in traditional clothes, but I'd rather have some answers to my questions considering the series will come to an end soon). A shorter excerpt would have been enough to let us know that Tee has finally been accepted by Mork's friends.

Another points i think they possibly contribute to weaken our interest  cause they look so unreal! I don't know any reason why, and as i'm not able to read novel (i never do it), i can't compare between both, just reading so much comment saying there is some holes/questions with no reply. However, i still believe into this serie, cause i know to be patient to wait for bright interval! I hope/guess last 2 ep will return to beginning quality level, whatever it will end! I pity on my poor Tee, because his mom is a stubborm as a mule beast of burden, and gives my hopes on his kindly gran'ma!

8 hours ago, mads102030 said:

Haha, I'm new to this forum so I had a lot to say.

Don't worry about it, cause we are used to long, (very) long comment! Don't forget an emergency lighting when you will start to read them :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

However, i still believe into this serie, cause i know to be patient to wait for bright interval! I hope/guess last 2 ep will return to beginning quality level, whatever it will end!

I hope you're right because this series and its good and promising actors really deserve it!

• Like 4