Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

9 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

Such a contrast to Tee's polite language.

It can't be said with better words! Thanks again!!!:mrgreen:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, pleck said:

Great to hear he has an entrepreneurial spirit :D. That makes me wonder about this t-shirt on Amazon from a while ago. The listing on Amazon doesn't exist anymore, but the text said 'Drake's Circle Lich Dragon' and 'Drake Laedeke's first Dragon design in Red'. At the time I thought it could just be a random unrelated thing, but if he's working on new shirts featuring dragons, maybe this one was designed by him as well?

There's no info of where it's being sold. Does anyone know?

21 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

This is what I love about the Viet sub. They have been doing a great job keeping it close to Thai as much as possible. They even translated Mork swear words. For example, when talking to P'Lek, Tee asked Mork if he would accept P'Lek as papa and Mork mouthed the word "richard simmons". He has a potty mouth on him hahaha. Such a contrast to Tee's polite language.

what is richard simon?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mellialuna said:

Yes there are two scenes.

One on the bus, when Gord writing something about being close to someone and asking if he saw him (sorry I'm at work I can't watch on Youtube for the right sentences) and one when Mork is outside the barbershop getting worried for Mork (when they are with Tee at the sea)

1 hour ago, Mel_Rios said:

Yes... you missed up that Gord was Morn "twitter secret friend" because he was too shy of talking directly to him this way.

When ever Gord didn't know how to tell Morn something directly he used that way to cheer him up.

i see... i thought they were chat via line :D

i am not pay attention to the scene because i'm much focused to the subtitle 

2 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

It won't be the first time this happens. Even in "Kiss Me Again The Series" Sandee disappeared the entire second half of the Series. I remember how many time Lazy Subber asked "Where did she go...?"

Cheers...!!

eventhough sandee was disappeared the entire second half of the series but she still contributed to the storyline, but at the p'som case she doesn't influenced anything about the storyline (at least until now, i dunno if she will appear at later episode)..

14 minutes ago, Siska Kristina said:

what is richard simon?

soompi forum will auto convert swear words into "richard simon" :) 

In this case, I meant to write "d i c k"

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

One night....??? I am confused.

Yeah like I said earlier, in ep.2 Morn told him it was for the next day

On 8/29/2018 at 8:20 PM, mellialuna said:

Yeah but when he tried to get the money, he had 2.083 bath. How did he manage to find so much in such short notice?

Morn told him he has to pay before the next day, the day he passes with Tee (first date).

I don't deny Mork gaves him the money,  But where did he find it?

But you're right, maybe the 20.000 baths wasn't all for Morn's tuition.

But i still don't think he got it from his selling because he spend much more time caring and wanting to be with Tee that taking care about his business.

3 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Tee could have imagine to be calling Mork... over and over... planing how "to get him back" at the same time.

55555 I get the images thanks :D

and I really like this idea...

2 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

I think it was more that Tee moved back both from school and home, getting closer to Mork, and finding a way to get closer again with him by going to his dad's barbershop. I also believe that Tee has planned a lot before ahead; or at least think of many ways to win Mork back... and also got many ideas on the way as to how put then into actions.

He was too confident when they were pretending to be innocent B) :phew:

2 hours ago, pleck said:

I wish the official subtitles were more accurate...

So do I, and I'm wondering what misunderstand I got from others series too :blink:

But I can't complain while I still don't speak Thaï, I will try when I'll finish with my exams!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pleck said:

Great to hear he has an entrepreneurial spirit :D. That makes me wonder about this t-shirt on Amazon from a while ago. The listing on Amazon doesn't exist anymore, but Google links that image to the text "Drake's Circle Lich Dragon in Red", "Drake Laedeke's first Dragon design in Red. This is the first dragon design Drake created and printed for his friends but in red on black now" and "Official Drake's Dragons Shirt". At the time I thought it could just be a random unrelated thing, but if he's working on new shirts featuring dragons, maybe this one was designed by him as well?

Both shirts were designed by Drake. Drake did the drawings by hand and his sister turned them into line art for the silk screens.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, morkingtee said:

There's no info of where it's being sold. Does anyone know?

40448940_292222171371868_331130489913579 Phillipino fans will be able to buy them from some of the facebook fan pages. Some of the fan groups in other countries will have them soon.

I will be making an IG store and a website to sell Drake's designs but I am waiting for Drake to take some more pics.  We are also working on more shirt/ink color combinations and a silk-screened autograph on the back of the shirts. We will be making other items such as hats and autographed photos available in the future as well. If you guys have any ideas on photos or other items you would like to be included do not hesitate to send me a message and I will discuss it with Drake.

• Like 3

On 8/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, mellialuna said:

Yeah like I said earlier, in ep.2 Morn told him it was for the next day

YES... in EP 2 (part 3) - It is the only time I see that Mork gives Morn money for the extra classes he wanted to join.

BUT you need to realize: The one who pays to the tutorials is Muad; and NOT Mork.

Morn was telling Mork there were 3 other classes he would like to join also because others at school got better notes after attending those classes. So... Mork gave Morn the money for those 3 classes he wanted to have - on top of the ones he had already, but that his father pays for.

The amount of money for these 3 extra classes remain unclear. Morn only says that they are expensive.

It does looks like Mork is the one paying for everything... but is not.

NOW... Mork was already going to have a date with Tee the next morning (he was to dress nicely, as Tee told him)... so... much of the 20.000 THB were for sure to pay for the dates expenses. After all: it was going to be his first date with Tee. :love:

They had breakfast; and Mork had a drink for Tee after the training; and they did had lunch together... than the cinema with extras... taxi back home...

ALSO; as soon as Mork gets home one of his first question was about having orders for dvd and his father tells him there is a huge list waiting for him. So... there is no need to wonder where Mork's income comes from. We don't get to see him doing munch on this, but it is a regular issue; and there are always some scenes on the dvd orders. Another time he gets back home and Muad tells him a client wants a movie "Sarah"... Also the day he goes with the blanket to Tee's condo he has a bunch of dvd's to deliver. And also with Au... so we can assume Mork makes at least 30.000 THB every month.

Rewatching EP 2 I realize Morn was the first one chatting and asking for details on the fake followers; but we never saw him buying then.

So; we still need to know WHAT did Morn do with the money Mork gave him for the tutorials IF he is not going, and making his brother think he does.

Cheers...!!

5 hours ago, slaedeke said:

40448940_292222171371868_331130489913579 Phillipino fans will be able to buy them from some of the facebook fan pages. Some of the fan groups in other countries will have them soon.

I will be making an IG store and a website to sell Drake's designs but I am waiting for Drake to take some more pics.  We are also working on more shirt/ink color combinations and a silk-screened autograph on the back of the shirts. We will be making other items such as hats and autographed photos available in the future as well. If you guys have any ideas on photos or other items you would like to be included do not hesitate to send me a message and I will discuss it with Drake.

It would be cool to have that white sleeveless shirt with the smiley face for sale and autographed. 

Both Mork and Tee wore it so it's very easy to sell. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morkingtee said:

It would be cool to have that white sleeveless shirt with the smiley face for sale and autographed. 

Both Mork and Tee wore it so it's very easy to sell. 

40392880_966471293555322_113148289617598

Sounds good. I just need to find the sleeveless shirts. I don't have an agreement with Frank for his autograph for his fans but I might be able to work something out.

59 minutes ago, slaedeke said:

40392880_966471293555322_113148289617598

Sounds good. I just need to find the sleeveless shirts. I don't have an agreement with Frank for his autograph for his fans but I might be able to work something out.

After looking at the videos it looks like the shirt just had the sleeves cut off. What do you think? Just cut sleeves off or use a tank top that has the arms hemmed? or maybe just let the buyer cut it off or not?

Sometimes, explanation are similar but doesn't use same path for said it!

Spoiler

On 8/30/2018 at 3:49 AM, pleck said:
For me the interesting part is how this relates to Tee's actions at the start of the series. Before we learned that Tee only disappeared for a year, I assumed he had been gone for the entire three years, possibly attending a different school, and only moved here recently like he told Mork's dad. We now know that recent move into the area refers to running away from home, and moving to a room in a nearby building.

If Tee had just started attending this school again, it would have made sense for him to want to reconnect with Mork. But now that we know they've been ignoring each other for the past two years while attending the same school, the reason why he picked that moment seems to be more closely tied to the fight Tee had with his mom, and why he ran away from home. He likely finally had enough of his mom's arguments forcing him to be with a girl, so he ran away and decided he would now follow his heart by coming up with a plan to get Mork back, who hadn't talked to him in three years.

That made me wonder how much of what we've seen in the early episodes was all part of Tee's plan. For instance, the discovery of the Only Me FB posts. It wouldn't surprise me if he gave Morn his phone on purpose, then pretended to use the restroom to give Morn some time to browse around on his phone with Mork already waiting outside. (There's also the question of why Tee was there at all, but the obvious answer is Mork.)

Spoiler

On 8/30/2018 at 10:44 AM, Mel_Rios said:
I don't think Tee was in the same school the past 3 years. For me he was attending some other school, and just moved back at the beginning of the 11 grade. The "moves back" for me are related to both: home & school. He was avoiding to remain under his mum control. She even had to come to the school to make sure Tee was attending.

Also... considering how close Tee and Bambie are the relationship to Au could have been closer as well.... yet this didn't happen. Is this possible? Their families being close, Mei even playing Au's parents and Tee not being close to him...?? For me this can be just possible because Tee was going to a different school.  Tee's closeness to Bambie can be explain as they both are drum majors... something they have in common. They probably attended together competitions and ceremonies; even if they were attending different schools.

Since Mork was never into any extra school activities he missed this parts as well.

Course... This is how I see it. IF they were in the same school and really managed to avoid each other for so long... well... that would be a very sad feeling; and will open the question:

WHY Tee decided to renew his relationship with Mork at this point; and not earlier?

I think it was more that Tee moved back both from school and home, getting closer to Mork, and finding a way to get closer again with him by going to his dad's barbershop. I also believe that Tee has planned a lot before ahead; or at least think of many ways to win Mork back... and also got many ideas on the way as to how put then into actions.

Did Tee ever gave Morn back the school shorts he got of him in EP 1...???

I think those are in a shrine somewhere by his grandma. :innocent:

This feeding thing is so Asian...!! and so cute...!! :blush:

There is a proverb: "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". :mrgreen:

I can't think europeans doing something like that. But is because of the eating styles are different. Asian food normally is to be share while eating with others and not the north western individual style. It took me years to bring my friends to eat at a Thai or Chinese restaurant and share the dishes together, and not have everyone a "private" meal.

Another thoughts about...

-"Did Tee ever gave Morn back the school shorts he got of him in EP 1...???"

I guess he preciously and secretly keep it  somewhere as a trophy...so why in a shrine room at granma' house? I didn't yet notice Tee is a fetichist! :mrgreen:

-"I can't think europeans doing something like that."

Conviviality is always the first motivation into some european countries for common libations, which to gather together a lot of peoples, for share some good food and wines! Only the way (or style) to eat food is different. Any occasion are excuse for this kind of meeting. That's why many frenchies (or others) don't look as to be into starvation diet :joy: This european style have advantage you will always ate warm meal, while asian style put all meal on the table and be cooling too fastly. And i hate to eat cold when it need to be warm!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slaedeke said:

After looking at the videos it looks like the shirt just had the sleeves cut off. What do you think? Just cut sleeves off or use a tank top that has the arms hemmed? or maybe just let the buyer cut it off or not?

If they did cut off the sleeves, based on this close-up they at least folded the edges to make them look neat, and used some kind of tailoring magic to keep them in place without visible stitching. That's probably going to be hard to reproduce when someone cuts them off at home, so I would choose a sleeveless shirt to keep it as close as possible to how it looks on the show. (Or bribe one of the costume designers to tell you the original brand, so you can resell autographed versions of those)

I've never really been interested in signed shirts, photos or other fan merchandise myself, so I don't have any suggestions for you there. I do however love dragons, and would definitely take a look if Drake came up with some good designs for dragon-themed rings, (pewter?) keychains, phone covers or laptop stickers.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pleck said:

If they did cut off the sleeves, based on this close-up they at least folded the edges to make them look neat, and used some kind of tailoring magic to keep them in place without visible stitching. That's probably going to be hard to reproduce when someone cuts them off at home, so I would choose a sleeveless shirt to keep it as close as possible to how it looks on the show. (Or bribe one of the costume designers to tell you the original brand, so you can resell autographed versions of those)

I've never really been interested in signed shirts, photos or other fan merchandise myself, so I don't have any suggestions for you there. I do however love dragons, and would definitely take a look if Drake came up with some good designs for dragon-themed rings, (pewter?) keychains, phone covers or laptop stickers.

Thank You for your input. I agree with the dragon-themed jewelry and cellphone cases. I have already ordered a small laser engraver for cell phone cases and am looking at manufacturers for rings and earrings. I am also thinking about the latex rings and bracelets that are popular here in Thailand.40452026_467386707099877_525790319860095

• Like 2

Just tutoring the book.
Follow my ah tee
Every Saturday at 22.15 pm Way One31 | 23.15 pm Via Line TV

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and text

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slaedeke said:

I found it for sale here https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Way-849-Men-s-Sleeveless-Smiley-Face-Emoticon-Emoji-Happy-Smile-Medium-White/774860533?variantFieldId=actual_color

But it's not 100% match because it doesn't have the word "smile" on it :)

I bought one any way. I really want the correct matching one though. 

It doesn't have to be autographed. Though if you can get it done for limited amount, or even just one, it could be valuable as a special fan gift or at auction. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, morkingtee said:

I found it for sale here https://www.walmart.com/ip/New-Way-849-Men-s-Sleeveless-Smiley-Face-Emoticon-Emoji-Happy-Smile-Medium-White/774860533?variantFieldId=actual_color

But it's not 100% match because it doesn't have the word "smile" on it :)

I bought one any way. I really want the correct matching one though. 

It doesn't have to be autographed. Though if you can get it done for limited amount, or even just one, it could be valuable as a special fan gift or at auction. 

I just had my daughter recreate the graphic for the shirt and will have some printed. I can get Drake to sign as many as we need. He is going to talk to Frank this weekend at the fan meet they are attending to see if he is interested. Having an auction with as many cast signatures as we can get would be a good Idea. I will inquire about a Thailand charity for the proceeds to go to if we pull it off. Thanks for the idea.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mel_Rios said:

Also... considering how close Tee and Bambie are the relationship to Au could have been closer as well.... yet this didn't happen. Is this possible? Their families being close, Mei even playing Au's parents and Tee not being close to him...??

Au talks about that during the first conversation with Mork in Au's car in episode 7 (assuming the subtitles are accurate this time... I did recognize a few words, but I haven't translated any full sentences). It seems intentional that he's not close with Tee, although he never explains why. Mork seems to think it's because of Bam. Perhaps Au didn't think Tee was the right guy for his sister, and they've disliked each other ever since.

The whole Au/Bam situation still feels weird to me. I don't understand why Mork and Ton didn't seem to know Au and Bam were related. If Au, Mork and Ton are such good friends, I would have expected them to have been to Au's house before and noticed his sister walking around, but perhaps there's a reason why he never invited them over, or they weren't always living in the same house together.

• Like 2