Quantcast
Mel_Rios

Thai BL Series - "Cause you're my boy" & "Our Skyy - Drake & Frank" - 2018

51 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

It will take a long time but we'll get there in the end. You also have to remember that in many Asian countries, the "old guard", as i call them still hold the power and they're not about to give that up or change their views quickly. But as  the "old guard" slowly gets replaced with the younger generation then changes will happen. 

Unfortunately, this is not only Asian countries. Even France which have legalized same sex marriage, i don't forget that almost half of french population is against it. But i agreed that "old guard" will "dissapear" there too! In France it is mainly because of "catholic garde rouge"! But as french catholic church are more and more deserted, there are definitely grounds for hopes! Even right party said they will not cancel the law, if they return to government. So so Taiwan!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Siska Kristina said:

if that one ia not important then why they put her name on the credit if she just appear a few minutes on the first eps? i think it is better to put grandma names on the credit than p'som :D

It won't be the first time this happens. Even in "Kiss Me Again The Series" Sandee disappeared the entire second half of the Series. I remember how many time Lazy Subber asked "Where did she go...?"

Cheers...!!

12 hours ago, Siska Kristina said:

btw after watching eps 9, i wonder about something... did you all ever see a scene that morn doing a chat on twitter with an anonymous account named "friend" (that gord was behind of this)? morn say like that on eps 9 but i think i never saw any scene about that (morn doing chat on twitter), did i miss something?

Yes... you missed up that Gord was Morn "twitter secret friend" because he was too shy of talking directly to him this way.

When ever Gord didn't know how to tell Morn something directly he used that way to cheer him up.

Remember "My dear loser - Age of 17"...? (IF you saw it) - There was a similar story-line.

Cheers...!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, alvinyl said:

You are allowed to register same-sex partners, but of course its still not the same (benefits and such) as marriage. 
Until the 2 years is up or the constitutional law is changed, then same-sex marriage is legalised.

However it is still a heated debate and recently there was a big petition event to help combat against "Happiness of the Next Generation Alliance" and their referendum petition to prevent the constitution from being amended to recognize same-sex marrriages.

So the subject is still on a very tight-rope 

10 hours ago, gogole mongol said:

An interesting recent article (from June 2018) about it into DW german site (in english):

https://www.dw.com/en/taiwans-lgbtq-still-struggling-for-equal-marriage-rights/a-44397116

Wow... It seems the anti equal marriage movement in Taiwan is way stronger than it was in France.

But I don't see any way for then to change the Constitutional ruling even with a Referendum.

They would have to get the Constitution change to manage to stop it.

Course... this dissents creates a very oppressive atmosphere for the LGBT community in Taiwan.

Keep Fighting, na 

Cheers...!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mellialuna said:

I don't think so, Tee says in the first episode that he is back in the area, so I think he went away for a year.

If it's that, Tee is crazy, 720 missed calls!!! Come on! Just to pretend to be sad ... :blink:

Me neither, I thought about it but doesn't seem believable.

Maybe in a month, but we are talking in one night here!

Yes there are two scenes.

One on the bus, when Gord writing something about being close to someone and asking if he saw him (sorry I'm at work I can't watch on Youtube for the right sentences) and one when Mork is outside the barbershop getting worried for Mork (when they are with Tee at the sea)

One night....??? I am confused.

To me Mork has gave Morn in a 10 days period 2 times money for the tutorial extra classes. We don't know about the amount for it.

So far we have seen Mork getting money from his bank account only once (it doesn't mean he hasn't done it again, as we don't get to see every single second of the story). I am sure the 20.000 THB were NOT exclusively to pay for Morn extra classes. He certainly keep (I would say half) for himself... to pay for his daily expenses.

Also.... Mork is not the only one who pays for Morn extra classes. His dad pays for it too; IF not as many as Morn wants. Morn told this Mork already once; and that is why Mork gave Morn the extra money to attend more classes.

The fake phone calls:

I think it would be worst IF Tee really called Bambie all night long... :joy: :joy:

It is more easy that you think to fake so many calls:

Just one ring and hang off; and it counts as a call. :lol:

Tee could have imagine to be calling Mork... over and over... planing how "to get him back" at the same time.

Cheers...!!

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, pleck said:

For me the interesting part is how this relates to Tee's actions at the start of the series. Before we learned that Tee only disappeared for a year, I assumed he had been gone for the entire three years, possibly attending a different school, and only moved here recently like he told Mork's dad. We now know that recent move into the area refers to running away from home, and moving to a room in a nearby building.

Spoiler

If Tee had just started attending this school again, it would have made sense for him to want to reconnect with Mork. But now that we know they've been ignoring each other for the past two years while attending the same school, the reason why he picked that moment seems to be more closely tied to the fight Tee had with his mom, and why he ran away from home. He likely finally had enough of his mom's arguments forcing him to be with a girl, so he ran away and decided he would now follow his heart by coming up with a plan to get Mork back, who hadn't talked to him in three years.

That made me wonder how much of what we've seen in the early episodes was all part of Tee's plan. For instance, the discovery of the Only Me FB posts. It wouldn't surprise me if he gave Morn his phone on purpose, then pretended to use the restroom to give Morn some time to browse around on his phone with Mork already waiting outside. (There's also the question of why Tee was there at all, but the obvious answer is Mork.)

It's also sweet how Tee has been feeding Mork pretty much every day from the start of the fake relationship, to where it transitioned into a real one :wub:.

* On day 1 of the fake relationship, Tee bought Mork crispy seaweed after Mork got back from the ATM.

* On day 2, he fed Mork pork balls during their lunch and movie date, and bought food for everyone in Mork's family that same evening.

* On day 3, he got Mork sweet rice balls in coconut milk from Yaowarat.

* On day 4, Tee offered to pay for everyone's dinner in Yaowarat.

* And on day 5, the day/night of the bridge scene, Tee shared his food with Mork in the school cafeteria, and fed him more crispy seaweed on the bus.

I don't think Tee was in the same school the past 3 years. For me he was attending some other school, and just moved back at the beginning of the 11 grade. The "moves back" for me are related to both: home & school. He was avoiding to remain under his mum control. She even had to come to the school to make sure Tee was attending.

Also... considering how close Tee and Bambie are the relationship to Au could have been closer as well.... yet this didn't happen. Is this possible? Their families being close, Mei even playing Au's parents and Tee not being close to him...?? For me this can be just possible because Tee was going to a different school.  Tee's closeness to Bambie can be explain as they both are drum majors... something they have in common. They probably attended together competitions and ceremonies; even if they were attending different schools.

Since Mork was never into any extra school activities he missed this parts as well.

Course... This is how I see it. IF they were in the same school and really managed to avoid each other for so long... well... that would be a very sad feeling; and will open the question:

WHY Tee decided to renew his relationship with Mork at this point; and not earlier?

I think it was more that Tee moved back both from school and home, getting closer to Mork, and finding a way to get closer again with him by going to his dad's barbershop. I also believe that Tee has planned a lot before ahead; or at least think of many ways to win Mork back... and also got many ideas on the way as to how put then into actions.

Did Tee ever gave Morn back the school shorts he got of him in EP 1...???

I think those are in a shrine somewhere by his grandma. :innocent:

This feeding thing is so Asian...!! and so cute...!! :blush:

There is a proverb: "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". :mrgreen:

I can't think europeans doing something like that. But is because of the eating styles are different. Asian food normally is to be share while eating with others and not the north western individual style. It took me years to bring my friends to eat at a Thai or Chinese restaurant and share the dishes together, and not have everyone a "private" meal.

Cheers...!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pleck said:

Morn did tell Gord he joined them in episode 7,

After rewatch it, i still think the same:

Morn: That gangsters even asked me to join their group.
Gord: Be careful. This seems suspicious to me
Morn: You're overthinking

Morn didn't said he did, he just tell what we have seen on screen. They asked him didn't mean he accepted, or maybe i didn't well understood his words? After Gord said this can be dangerous, he replied that they are not able to create problem. What do you think about it?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pleck said:

Morn did tell Gord he joined them in episode 7

Another wrong translation in the Eng Subs...!! Ufff... This is starting to be worrisome.

I won't do the hole thai to english thing today; BUT you can try if you want Pleck. Gives you another chance to practice.

Morn says: "They asked me again to join their gang today" - and ends up to Gord advice: "Crazy; don't over think about this" (meaning; don't think I will do such a thing).

Cheers...!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alvinyl said:

Though Taiwan really is the first asian country to have so much support for the LGBTQ+ community, just that everything still has to be by the law.

It was no different here in Germany. Even having a huge social approval of over 75% of the population for many years we had to fight for our rights at the Constitutional Court many times... It took us 14 years, between the civil unions law and the equal marriage law; because the conservative party has been in the government for a long time; always finding legal ways to delay such changes; and even our Chancellor Angela Merkel voted against the equal marriage law in parliament. BUT we won that vote against her and the few parliament members that were against it. Even the member state Bavaria wanted to file a constitutional proof for this law, but the Constitutional Court made clear they would reject such petition right away.

It takes time... but we most never feel discourage to keep on fighting.

Cheers...!!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

Wow... It seems the anti equal marriage movement in Taiwan is way stronger than it was in France.

But I don't see any way for then to change the Constitutional ruling even with a Referendum.

They would have to get the Constitution change to manage to stop it.

Course... this dissents creates a very oppressive atmosphere for the LGBT community in Taiwan.

Keep Fighting, na 

Cheers...!!

It is the law whereby if they managed to get a petition approval rating of certain % (I forgot how much) then the government is obliged to conduct corresponding actions to reflect that results.

No matter what, there will always be people who are against, however people in Taiwan have once again proved that love is equal ^^
Anyway its been concluded that there has been enough signatures for the supporting side as of this afternoon! (Thank goodness~)
So the referendum will be dismissed.

There will be another public vote on 24th November, whereby people will need to vote for equal rights again in Taiwan.
It's a long arduous fight, but it will be worth it ^^

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jijifr said:

I suppose ordering on the internet, so I ask the French who are here ,do you know a good (french) site p

I send through whatsApp the question to my half (he is in Paris for now) and i wait for he reply. He just sent me he don't know one.

Try this adresse:

https://www.lecarreasiatique.com/produits-paris-store-c102x2737232

Good luck!

9 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

Another wrong translation in the Eng Subs...!! Ufff... This is starting to be worrisome.

I wish the official subtitles were more accurate... It makes me wonder how much else is incorrect that nobody has brought up yet. I'll have to rely on you to point those out, because I'm not anywhere close to understanding an entire episode myself. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 7:18 PM, gogole mongol said:

First i have to say that i NEVER need to insult someone, first with Drake.

Spoiler

If you read back pages, you will see into all my comment i always said he is a good actor. Is i felt insulted? NEVER! As i previously said, this pseudo "battle" start when i said that when i see Drake (into this serie with his particular hairstyle), i immediatly think to Mickey Mouse. Where is insult? I didn't said Drake LOOK LIKE MICKEY MOUSE, which can be considered as an insult, or a personnal attack, i just use this image (cause it is true for me) for illustrate my words. Because it is just a individual thought, and i think it was fun (i like to put fun in my comment, cause it comes easily to my mind), i posted it in this old comment. 

I  NEVER FELT INSULTED into this thread, especially by Mel_Rios.  And i think/say he NEVER insulted me (maybe in Thai, but as i don't understood it, i don't care!). At this point (the Mickey image), start a sarcastic and caustic exchange between him and me. I always take it as a game. We can have hard words, but we only use discussion full of barbed remarks. Mel_Rios have his own sens of humour (sometimes not!), and i have mine, which is more direct (i think). So, first of all, we must have a mutual respect! I did. And i think he did too. 

Another important point is i always respected Drake, the person, not the character. He is more good than bad as actor, but recently, he show us little weak moment, so it is just human, no-one can be perfect all the time. When i discover Drake into Slam Dance, i thinked he have done a true good work in this serie, and i NEVER THINK HE LOOK LIKE MICKEY MOUSE, cause in this serie, he wear a normal hair style that cover his ears, so nothing to talk about this. Personally, my taste goes to asian recognisable type, and he is too "caucasian/whity" for me. That's not a reason to not appreciate his acting skills.

I hope these words will be enough clear for everyone. It was only a war of words, a peaceful one! 

Be all good with yourself! 

On 8/29/2018 at 5:22 PM, Poi Ru said:

I'm sorry if i offended anyone...

Spoiler

I'm not referring of you insulting each other... i read someone calling drake a mickey mouse and in my country calling someone like that is an insult of his looks and personality... I don't mean to make anyone feel bad and im not generalizing... maybe im too young to be in a thread like this because the humor is too strong for me..im too sensitive and react to that what i read... Again I'm sorry... I'm just being defensive of drake as a fan...

On 8/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Nah! You should stick around. Makes me feel young again, not that i'm old.

You have to remember that people here are from all around the world and from different cultures, and sometimes comments get misinterpreted the wrong way.

I can also assure you that no one here would ever intentionally insult and denigrate an actor on a personal level where it makes them feel bad. That's not what we're here for. 

On 8/29/2018 at 7:23 PM, mellialuna said:

Yeah sometimes, I also tend to forget that we come from all around the world, because we share at least one thing, our interest for BL stories. :D

Thank you all for the answer and your statement.

Also to gogole mongol for clearing up the reference used in question.

:relieved:

I believe we can place this issue aside and move on with out fights on "Cause You're My Boy".

:smirk: :innocent: :mrgreen:

Cheers...!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

There is a proverb: "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach". :mrgreen:

It is mainly the best way to keep them at home! (my mother often told me):lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mel_Rios said:

Even the member state Bavaria wanted to file a constitutional proof for this law,

This infos surprise me a lot. I was thinking it was a very conservative region!:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pleck said:

I wish the official subtitles were more accurate... It makes me wonder how much else is incorrect that nobody has brought up yet. I'll have to rely on you to point those out, because I'm not anywhere close to understanding an entire episode myself. 

This is what I love about the Viet sub. They have been doing a great job keeping it close to Thai as much as possible. They even translated Mork swear words. For example, when talking to P'Lek, Tee asked Mork if he would accept P'Lek as papa and Mork mouthed the word "richard simmons". He has a potty mouth on him hahaha. Such a contrast to Tee's polite language.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, WeLoveSoompi said:

Spoiler

Great to hear he has an entrepreneurial spirit :D. That makes me wonder about this t-shirt on Amazon from a while ago. The listing on Amazon doesn't exist anymore, but Google links that image to the text "Drake's Circle Lich Dragon in Red", "Drake Laedeke's first Dragon design in Red. This is the first dragon design Drake created and printed for his friends but in red on black now" and "Official Drake's Dragons Shirt". At the time I thought it could just be a random unrelated thing, but if he's working on new shirts featuring dragons, maybe this one was designed by him as well?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1