Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] 100 Days My Prince / Hundred Days' Husband, 백일의 낭군님

3 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I am very interested in what the Grand Prince talked about with the minister after receiving the letter from the CPrincess.

Don't tell me Baby Daddy is......

After seeing that they communicate personally with each other, I am not sure anymore who dearest daddy is... Maybe the only help MY gave to CPss was purely the setting up of fire. But her tears and care for him that was shown so far....??

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

The last scene of the episode.  AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!:heart:

dc gall

So, HongShim said she have to go with her brother and hide, but even though she's this kind of person (who lied to LY) she wants him to go with her. And WD said, he doesn't want to remember because he doesn't want to leave her. (Briefly explained by a korean friend in our chatroom).

Edited by triplem
removed quoted image
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Written preview for ep.11:

함께 떠날 준비를 하는 원득과 홍심. 

제윤은 원득의 정체를 의심해 조사를 시작하고...

한편 궁에서는 살수들의 공격을 받고 사라진 김차언의 부재를 틈 타 서원의 세자책봉을 추진하는데....

Naver translation:

Hong shim and her brother are getting ready to leave together.  JJY starts investigating because he suspects the identity of NWD.  Meanwhile, the palace pushes Seowon to take advantage of Kim Cha-eon's absence, who disappeared after being attacked by the assassins.

LOL at the DC Gall fans:joy::joy:

Qc0AJiH.gif

dc gall

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
  • Thanks 1

I have a feeling I will be gifing a lot of WD.

I love how he blinks so slowly.

For me, the drama has hit its stride.

Really really excited now for the next few episodes because my brain is spinning regarding who is in kahoots with who and who is actually on CP's side.

And when is Eunuch Yang going to wake up?

What is MY going to do now that her sister is most likely in danger if LY remains in the village (or as the preview shows him back to the palace)

I can't get over the tears falling silently from his eyes.

Urghhh... my heart.

• Like 12

Thanks, everyone, for all the great stuff about today's episode!  I'm headed over to DramaMilk to read the recaps.  Looks like DramaMilk also has the recipe for the prince's favorite beef pancakes.  :lol:  That's too funny.  Not good for me, though, because I'm Vegetarian and that's never gonna change. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

As expected, she will leave the village with her brother after LY back to palace. Now, he remembers who is he and does it means that he automatically remember who is HS ? Also, I saw some flashback posts that relate the first scene in first ep that is quite gloomy and LY ask to bring the horse to go for a war.  I dont know whether it will be sad or happy ending, but I'm voting for happy ending (of course) because NJH is the queen of rom-com. There's no way this drama can be sad ending (hoping) !!

• Like 12

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

So, from the episode it is clear that the baby daddy is Seowon daegun.  Hooray to whoever guessed him the baby daddy.  He is working at the back of the queen with Jung sa yeob for the KCE's downfall.  Wow!!!!! what  a twist.  My guess the evil guy is being attacked by the assassins sent by Prince sewon's.  (Becoz when he advised the king with anger when he told KCE is running the country and not him and to save him and  queen mother unlike how he lost his ex wife and LY.)

this is pre produced drama right? why only 2 scenes for the preview of next episode?  Also where is the part from the preview of ep.10, when she tells him he is cool?  I think it is  also  going to be a imagination part of one of the OTP in the next episode when they miss each other.  His flashback will be the one- she sitting  in front of him at the palace in commoners robes.  

See.....palace does have interesting characters....but why the hell did we need to wait for 10 episodes to know that Prince Seowon was an important player in the power struggle . I've been bitching about the boring palace scenes all this time when the writers had this planned all along. But they show it now when I almost stopped caring about them. 

It will be interesting to know if Prince Sewon was also involved in the plot to kill the CP. And what will their reaction be to know he's alive. 

6z1azde.gif

This scene seems like LY figured out HS is YS after going back to the palace.

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

함께 떠날 준비를 하는 원득과 홍심. 

Naver translation:

Hong shim and her brother are getting ready to leave together.  JJY starts investigating because he suspects the identity of NWD.  Meanwhile, the palace pushes Seowon to take advantage of Kim Cha-eon's absence, who disappeared after being attacked by the assassins.

Ah so that explains the scene in the long trailer with the young prince having the ceremony to become the crown prince. I am guessing LY will enter the palace then and the ceremony will be halted.

TBH, SeonWon as the baby daddy makes sense because holding that fact over the Queen will keep her quiet. I am sure KCE will try and use HS and MY to keep LY quiet too.

• Like 9

I think HS"s brother told him who he really is and who they are too.

So why as soon as he comes back home and sees her, he hugs and kisses her right away

he knows now she's his first love, she's alive 

and now, he wants having her love even he's WD not CP

he doesn't want to return in the palace

he wants staying by her side

Honestly, what the KISS .. WOWWWWW

Well done both of them

• Like 9

I haven't seen episode 10 so far but I noticed they changed the opening card with the age restriction and it's the scene from the highlight reel. I just thought - and maybe it was already mentioned  or shown in the teaser for episode 11 - that maybe Lee Yul is back in the palace and imagining Hong Shim sitting in front of him but she isn't really there. It would make sense since he isn't even smiling at her and even though he is very serious even with Hong Shim I think if she was there with him in the palace he would smile at her. So I guess he is only wishing for her to be there.

As for episode 9:

Some mentioned it the editing got better - thank god! - and I like the overall progress so far. I think it's already shown in this episode and prior there is one more party playing their political game in the palace because if Kim Cha Eon didn't try to kill Moo Yeon then who would? I'm curious what episode 10 will reveal.

I hope they will be able to resolve everything within the next 5 episodes properly. I think they might've dragged the amnesia plot a bit too long but we'll see.

As for Mr Dimples: I was a bit torn with him. The writing of his character seemed inconsistent. It bothered me a little that he was so focused on Hong Shim being married that he missed out on the importance of finding out about the Crown Prince. It's like his character lost his goal, even though the fact he keeps the eunuch alive shows that he still does know what his actual goal is. Still I think they waste a bit of time with his funny scenes. Also, his relationship with the kisaeng isn't properly developed either. We have no idea how they know eachother. It bothers me tbh. I still love him though. But the writing for him needs to tighten up. I feel Moo Yeon's character is better written. He does have more backbone so to speak with his tragic past. Hence why I was not really touched by Mr Dimples' speech on how he endured a lot as the son of concubine. Yes, you had a difficult life... not. Honestly... it was pretty weak.

But again solid episode. But I hoped for Won Deok to come back to Hong Shim as Lee Yul.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

함께 떠날 준비를 하는 원득과 홍심. 

Not sure the naver translation quite caught it. Here is another, slightly different translation of the written preview.

Getting ready to leave together, Won Deuk and Hong Shim.
Jae Yong grows suspicious of Won Deuk’s true identity and starts investigating…
Meanwhile, in the palace, taking advantage of Kim Cha Eun’s disappearance after being attacked by assassins, Seo Won pushes ahead with his plan for the Crown Princeship…

The big thing I guess is that according to this preview anyway, WD is planning on leaving when HS leaves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, dito said:

One question....Who the heck is baby daddy? Its getting more confusing with each episode.....I swear this writer must have worked on reply series.....the way they are jerking us around with this mystery is so reminiscent of that series. 

Anyway I like that MY has loyal buddies/buddy. Instead of revealing why MY was in that village....i.e ....to see his sister, I think, which the friend does know about,...but he said he attacked MY coz he didn't want him to leave KCE's side.....correct me if I'm wrong...not completely sure.

The editing is a little better.....I'm not getting whiplash anymore.....but I'm still not into the palace scenes. Though the gossip scene was too funny....KCE caught the ladies gossiping about CP being alive so he investigates.

I was LMAO when he found out the one spreading this rumor was his son. Then the son told him about the person looking like the CP.....yeah....wiped the smile off of my face completely. 

It seems the king has had enough of being KCE's puppet....those were his people who attacked KCE, right?

Today LY's half brother did not look like he was completely in his mothers control. He was ordering JSY to not harm CPss. Why is JSY helping them  or is CPss helping them to take down her father....What is CPss upto....What is her plan....she just got very interesting.

WD and HS scenes are the best part of todays episode though. The way HS slowly realizes her feelings for him and the way WD/LY realizes he just wants to stay by her side with or without memories. They both have to make the choice now based on their feelings....HS did ask him if he wanted to come with her and her brother...and LY, if he got his memories as it looks, then I think they have made their choice. Will they be able to act on it....that remains doubtful as proved by the glimpse of the angsty preview.

And why did it take so long for JJY to figure out LY's identity? In that whole village he's the only person to have talked and spent some time with the CP.......but he only makes the connection after he sees the hand writing. I mean he recognized the gisaeng the second time he met her with her voice. 

No preview....except LY crying, back in his CP robes in the palace and HS crying her heart out holding the shoes WD bought for her..

have you seen mirror of the witch :P

that's your baby daddy.. voodo

• LOL 5

Just watching episode 10 now. I like the bit of bromance between Mr. Dimples and WD. Mr. Dimples suggested that they be friends, but WD turned him down. Awww. A bit hard with the love triangle and all. Still, I have hopes that this bromance will come to fruition, though a bit hard with the archery scene. Shooting arrows at a "friend" is not the way to making friends after all.

As for Mr. Dimples, I have to agree with you @Jillia that it's not written very tightly. I think that Mr. Dimples is playing a very deep game. He mentions as much to WD, that he's currying favor with the rich old geezer for his own purposes since he came to the village for 2 reasons. One was to find the woman that he likes, but that was a mission fail since she's married. Now, there is only 1 mission left. Mr. Dimples also mentions that when he told the villagers to fill the geezer's dried well, that he knew that rain wasn't too far off, so he didn't think they would have to suffer for long even as it got the geezer to trust him.

As for the ending, oof. I rather like the ending scene between WD and HS. Here is a quick translation of that dialogue between them after HS has found WD back at the house, making shoes.

HS: What are you doing right now?
WD: I’m making straw shoes.
HS: Why are you making those?
WD: Because the shoe seller said that he’ll give me 10 nyang to do this.
HS: If you want to earn money, you can make a new book.
WD: I won’t do that kind of work any more. I think that this work is more suitable.
HS: Something happened at Hanyang, didn’t it? Tell me the truth. What did you find out?
(WD gets up and tries to walk away.)
HS: Where are you going?
WD: My throat was dry, so I thought I would drink some water.
HS: Are you trying to avoid me right now? They said that even though arrows were being shot at you, you just stood there. Why did you do that? Why did you just stand there when arrows were being shot at you? You should have done something. You’re not really that kind of person.
WD: You said I was Won Deuk. So, of course, I should do that.
HS: Are you saying that you’ll live as Won Deuk? Even though you’re not Won Deuk? You said you were going to recover your memories. That’s why you even went to Hanyang! So why are you here like this?!
WD: I… don’t want to recover any memory whatsover.
HS: Why?
WD: Because I want to stay by your side.
HS: When my brother comes, I was thinking to leave. Leaving you behind, I was thinking of leaving just with my father. When I meet my brother, I will have to live forever in hiding wherever I am. If such a me is okay, will you go with me?

So, it seems as if WD was able to find out quite a lot when he went to Hanyang. At least enough so that he's decided to kick all that away and go back to a life with HS. We know from various scenes that WD is recovering various memories, but it's not clear how much he has remembered and put together. Anyway, when he comes back from Hanyang, he embraces his role as WD, even deciding on embracing all the hard, petty chores that he had refused to do before. It makes me think that he knows enough that he's figured out that he's royalty, and that assassins had been after him. Well, MY told WD that in plain words.

And, now, HS is asking WD to stay with her. From the text preview, it seems as if WD will consent to go into hiding with HS, but of course, things will come to a head and WD won't be able escape with HS. The video preview seems to show the separation, with Yul back in the palace and HS longing for him. :bawling: They're going to be angsty episodes next week.

Btw, I still think the Baby Daddy might be MY.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

@stroppyse Will get back to you as soon as I've watched episode 10 as well.

I can say though I expected the melo to start now since that's always the case in dramas.

Btw.... I noticed that a MDBC reference in episode 9 - maybe wanted or not - the hole scene with Hong Shim leading Mr Dimples to the hole. :P 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

.....So, it seems as if WD was able to find out quite a lot when he went to Hanyang. At least enough so that he's decided to kick all that away and go back to a life with HS. We know from various scenes that WD is recovering various memories, but it's not clear how much he has remembered and put together. Anyway, when he comes back from Hanyang, he embraces his role as WD, even deciding on embracing all the hard, petty chores that he had refused to do before. It makes me think that he knows enough that he's figured out that he's royalty, and that assassins had been after him. Well, MY told WD that in plain words.

And, now, HS is asking WD to stay with her. From the text preview, it seems as if WD will consent to go into hiding with HS, but of course, things will come to a head and WD probably won't be able escape with HS.

Btw, I still think the Baby Daddy might be MY.

Seems to me that if WD realizes he is CP and also finds out he is married already, he's got more problems than assassins coming after him.  Now, Hong and her dad would be in danger of their lives.  In an old kingdom world it wouldn't matter that they didn't know WD was the prince, they would still be considered guilty of treason on a variety of charges and they would be put to death (probably a painful one).  Maybe WD thinks that if he stays with Hong and her dad, he can protect them.  The only way he can fly below the royal radar is to act like a true peasant who can't do anything that nobles can do (like read and write), so he's gonna make shoes instead of books.  And he thinks he's gonna go into hiding with Hong's family so that no one can find them and reveal his secret.  Of course, dramas being what they are, that plan isn't gonna work.

And agreed:  I still think MY is the baby daddy.  Just makes more sense to me than Junior Prince given his childhood history with the CPrincess, and MY would be better story fodder because of his connection to Hong and thus WD. 

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

have you seen mirror of the witch :P

that's your baby daddy.. voodo

Oh lord I forgot about that.....maybe coz I dropped it soon after that and the zombie puppet...:crazy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Btw.... I noticed that a MDBC reference in episode 9 - maybe wanted or not - the hole scene with Hong Shim leading Mr Dimples to the hole. :P 

Yes, I noticed that as well. Tricking the arrogant noble person into a hole seems to be a favorite of Joseon women. :D  Not sure it was deliberate since HS didn't fall into the hole with him. It was a good way for HS to show him her displeasure though.

Can't wait to read your thoughts after you watch the episode @JilliaThe melo is ramping up, so I figure you may like more of it.

Actually, I've been thinking about the humorous parts of this drama. I think the problem for me is in the execution, and not that there is humor. I wouldn't have expected village life to be deadly serious just because it's a hard, physical life. Rather, I would have thought that the real lives of the folks in the villages at those times probably were full of humor, both deliberate and inadvertent. And a lot of ribald humor as well. It's not as if they didn't know what sex was. Things were probably a lot more earthy than the depictions that dramas may show anyway, given that they have to be careful of current sensibilities as well. I think it really is just the editing of the drama that makes it so frequently such an awkward juxtaposition. Plus, trying to contrast the warm, lively life in the village with the austere, fraught life in the palace, this production may just have gone a bit overboard in pressing that point home. If WD did recover his memories, no wonder he might want to grab the chance to live as WD with the woman he loves rather than returning to his wife, the Crown Princess whom he can't bear to have touch him and who he knows has no love for him either.

14 minutes ago, thistle said:

Seems to me that if WD realizes he is CP and also finds out he is married already, he's got more problems than assassins coming after him.  Now, Hong and her dad would be in danger of their lives.  In an old kingdom world it wouldn't matter that they didn't know WD was the prince, they would still be considered guilty of treason on a variety of charges and they would be put to death (probably a painful one).  Maybe WD thinks that if he stays with Hong and her dad, he can protect them.  The only way he can fly below the royal radar is to act like a true peasant who can't do anything that nobles can do (like read and write), so he's gonna make shoes instead of books.  And he thinks he's gonna go into hiding with Hong's family so that no one can find them and reveal his secret.  Of course, dramas being what they are, that plan isn't gonna work.

And agreed:  I still think MY is the baby daddy.  Just makes more sense to me than Junior Prince given his childhood history with the CPrincess, and MY would be better story fodder because of his connection to Hong and thus WD. 

Good points that you make in your assessment of WD. And, agree that it's not going to work. Next week, WD will become Lee Yul again and be back in the palace.

As for the Baby Daddy, it doesn't seem to be SW(Junior Prince), though it seems clear that he has a crush on the Crown Princess. When the lackey takes the CPess' letter to SW to see how SW might react to it and to ask whether SW also thought it might be a letter to the CPess' secret lover, SW didn't seem to be in protect the CPess mode, enough so that the lackey asks SW if SW likes the CPess. But by his reaction to the letter, it didn't seem meant for SW. Anyway, that's the way it seemed to me.

• Like 10

Given how annoyed I've been with the Prince for much of this drama (yes, the desire to smack him over the head still hasn't left me), maybe it's odd that I chose to go back and re-watch episode one yesterday.  It was a surprisingly enlightening experience.  

It became very obvious why the Prince is such a fusspot.  He was nothing but angry and resentful all the time at the palace, and with quite good reason.  His mother was murdered.  He saw the deaths of a family (Hong's) that he admired, and the death of a child who was his friend.  From the time he was a child, he knew that he was being manipulated by those in power who wanted to use him.  And then he was the target of a poisoner who was trying to kill him.  There was no one he could fully trust.  Despite the goodies that wealth and privilege might bring, that's a pretty miserable existence.  No wonder he was still so selfish and self-obsessed when he awoke as WD.  (Did this make me more sympathetic to him?  A bit.  But I still think he's a whiny boy.)

Hong, on the other hand, is pretty much the same as she was when she was a child.  She has faced more trauma and trouble than the CP but because she was now part of the lower classes, there was a certain element of freedom for her.  Her options were limited but she made the most of what she had.  (Yes, I think that Hong is an admirable character.)

It was interesting, too, to go back to get some of the original backstory on other characters, like the bunch who were trapped by the prince's riddle--they knew the answer but were too scared to write it down!  Aargh.  I guess the Prince was giving him a taste of how he felt about being forced to live something he didn't want. 

One important element from going back to episode one was that I was shocked that I had forgotten the opening scene where the Prince wants to ride off to die in battle.  This convinces me that we have something major brewing up, and we're just at the right point in the drama for all hades to break loose.

This is gonna be interesting.  And I reserve the right to want to smack the Prince over the head if necessary.

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

The beginning scene just reminded me of nam ji hyun in queen seon deok where she vowed she'd make it rain...good times. Hope she works with writer kim young hyun again! 

Back on topic: LOVED this episode. And next week looks heartbreaking...:tears: But hopefully a happy ending will follow. (ideally the crown princess just going off and living a quiet life, and yi seo gets her status back and becomes the official wife...)

• Like 8