Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋

photo excel-3.jpg

Cr avirtualvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 结爱·千岁大人的初恋/ Jie Ai - Qian Sui Da Ren De Chu Lian
English title: The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love

Genre: Fiction, Romance

Episodes: 25

Director: 

Broadcast Period: 5/9/2018

Cast:

Victoria Song

Huang Jing Yu

Xu Kai Cheng

Synopsis:

Guan Pi Pi lives a quiet life until a mysterious man named He Lan Jing Ting appears. He Lan is blind when he’s under the sunlight, but has an excellent vision at night. Furthermore, he’s a vegetarian. He’s an expert when it comes to ancient jade and he always stares at the moon while listening to a serenade at night. At first, it seems like Pi Pi and He Lan met eachother by coincidence, but they’re actually tied together by fate. However, He Lan’s father pronounced a curse on them: Pi Pi always dies a terrible death when she wants to reciprocate He Lan’s love. He Lan isn’t willing to give up though. Will he be able to change their fate in this life?

Cr mydramalist

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Brodcast Schedule

The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋 Viki Episodes

The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋 Raw Episodes

The Love Knot: His Excellency's First Love 结爱·千岁大人的初恋 Novel

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators @angelangie
l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Like 3

Latest trailer.

End credit song 一眼千恋 loosely translated as One Glance A Thousand Romance.

Open credit song 结爱 loosely translated as Tie the Love or Love Knot.

• Like 4

Eight episodes was released today. No subs yet. Watched 1 ep so far but I don't know if I'm going to continue. Both leads acting chops & writing is eh so-so. Hopefully, it's just the 1st ep and things will pick up as it continues along.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, whome said:

Eight episodes was released today. No subs yet. Watched 1 ep so far but I don't know if I'm going to continue. Both leads acting chops & writing is eh so-so. Hopefully, it's just the 1st ep and things will pick up as it continues along.

wow 8 epi released on the first day already?

• Like 2

The first two has been subbed so at least I understand more of the episodes now. The story does pick up and the lead actors acting improves. I have to admit that Victoria's acting improved a lot. This may be one of her better acting work. I was never able to finish her previous works, so I'm hoping I get to finally do so for this one. I'm gonna keep watching for now.

The plot is also getting interesting. Apparently, her character Pipi is the reincarnation of the main lead's wife. He's over 900 years old, and every time his wife "dies," he looks for her reincarnation. However, Pipi is a very modern woman who has a boyfriend and isn't interested in the lead. But dude is persistent. Besides, looks like her BF and good friend will be cheating behind Pipi's back as they have lots in common and banter left and right. 

• Like 1

Maybe those 8 episodes are for VIP subscribers? I read that four episodes will air weekly, 2 episodes a day on Wed and Thurs respectively.

I had no expectations for this drama, in fact it wasn't even on my radar but I've liked what I watched from the first two episodes. I have never watched Victoria act in anything before and heard she was generally regarded as a poor actress but I feel she seems pretty relaxed and natural here so far. As for Johnny Huang, his character seems like a fish out of water and is trying to adjust to his new surroundings and reconcile with the fact that Victoria's character didn't fall in love with him at first sight as she did before. Plus, the drama just started and there still at the "initial" stage of getting to know one another. 

The secondary characters, in particular, He-Lan's two followers are actually pretty interesting/funny so far. And we got a pretty decent car chase scene in the first episode!

The novel this drama is adapted from seems to be liked well enough on Douban and the two directors have some acclaimed work between the two of them which suggests they have some decent material to work with and some talent behind the camera. And it's only 24 episodes, a rarity in the CDrama landscape at the moment. 

• Like 3

Finished epi 1 and yes i agree, Victoria's acting improved lol

photo excell-1.jpg

photo excell-8.jpg

photo excell-7.jpg

photo excell-2.jpg

photo excell-3.jpg

photo excell-4.jpg

photo excell-6.jpg

photo excell-5.jpg

photo excell-9.jpg cr avirtualvoyage

• Like 2

So based on the synopsis, knowing making her falling in love with him will cause her death, he still persistent to make her fall in love with him -.-????? Am I the only one feel wrong about this??? I love you, I want to be with you even if you are gonna die because of loving me, but since I’m immortal, I can continuously wait for your reincarnation while you just keep dying :)???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, whome said:

you know when is relases next eps?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rocs25 said:

you know when is relases next eps?

Not sure. Probably 8 a week. I saw on wiki that there's 24 eps total. Probably 8 every Wednesday (for those members who has VIP status with the Chinese platform which is airing it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alila Nguyen said:

So based on the synopsis, knowing making her falling in love with him will cause her death, he still persistent to make her fall in love with him -.-????? Am I the only one feel wrong about this??? I love you, I want to be with you even if you are gonna die because of loving me, but since I’m immortal, I can continuously wait for your reincarnation while you just keep dying :)???? 

I read the synopsis that says his father placed a curse on them. When and if Victoria's character falls in love with him, she dies. So she's died several times since the beginning. Each time, he & his two followers will always look for her. Unless, there is something he can do to break the curse. I don't know why his father placed this curse (or maybe I just missed it in one of the flash back scenes). 

Yes, 8 eps a week is for VIP subscribers. However, I'm really enjoying the fact that it's only 24 episodes. But I also hope that there's a happy ending. Does anyone know where we can find the original novel online?

Victoria's acting does improve episode by episode. Perhaps, she's finally found the right acting project or the right co-star. Her previous acting projects was horrible. She either was so wooden or awkward in her acting (plus she's done more than a few acting projects). Maybe this is the role to show her improvements.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, whome said:

Not sure. Probably 8 a week. I saw on wiki that there's 24 eps total. Probably 8 every Wednesday (for those members who has VIP status with the Chinese platform which is airing it).

oh just once in a week ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whome said:

I read the synopsis that says his father placed a curse on them. When and if Victoria's character falls in love with him, she dies. So she's died several times since the beginning. Each time, he & his two followers will always look for her. Unless, there is something he can do to break the curse. I don't know why his father placed this curse (or maybe I just missed it in one of the flash back scenes). 

Also, isn't one of the main reason he seeks her out is because she's suppose to be the cure to his blindness (during the day)? The drama mentioned that this incarnation of her didn't fall in love with him at first sight like her previous incarnations did so maybe this means her "fate" will change and they'll find a way so that they both can live on. I'm just guessing by the way, they haven't really gotten too in-depth with the explanations of the story during the first three episodes.

• Like 2

Does anybody know where we can read an online version of the novel? Seem so interesting. Haha

• Like 1

Aish why is there a trend in many C-Dramas lately where long time lovers get separated by some unforeseen circumstances, only to be reunited years later LoL!? It's just overdone is all, no hate. Based on synopsis it reminds me so much of the recent Fire of Eternal Love/ The Flame's Daughter - that Drama also had a character linked to Jade! And speaking of immortals it is similar to K-Drama The Black Knight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Aish why is there a trend in many C-Dramas lately where long time lovers get separated by some unforeseen circumstances, only to be reunited years later LoL!? It's just overdone is all, no hate. Based on synopsis it reminds me so much of the recent Fire of Eternal Love/ The Flame's Daughter - that Drama also had a character linked to Jade! And speaking of immortals it is similar to K-Drama The Black Knight.

Because they run out of ideas lol! Btw is black knight any good? I love the flame’s daughter because Yin Xue is just that awesome, sacrifice everything for his girl without asking for anything in return.

10 hours ago, whome said:

My point is if he KNOW about the curse, which lead to her ultimate death, yet still insist on finding her, and make her fall in love with him, that’s rather selfish/wrong of him >_>???? Regardless of whether she can cure his blindness or not, and after many times, maybe he should get a hint? Lol

• Like 1