Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018-2019] Clean With Passion For Now, 일단 뜨겁게 청소하라 - Watch it on VIKI now!

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Song Jae Rim definitely still has a baby face. Not sure how he does it when he can also play an ageless mysterious assassin so well as well. :) The three leads definitely look good together. I would prefer two couples versus a love triangle, but I doubt I'll get that to happen, though a strong second female lead would still be nice, even if it's as a friend to the O-Sol.

@happysloth, KYJ actually manages to look younger with red hair in the IG that you have in your post, so I hope that isn't KYJ in character, though she does look cute with the red hair.

Yes, I'm not really a fan of a possible love triangle either. Also, we all know that the second lead rarely has a chance... except in:

Spoiler

Cheese in the Trap

*coughs* Anyways... I'm already curious what kind of role Song Jae Rim will play. A rich dude who is fleeing from responsibility as a chaebol son? Or maybe he is actually trying to live like a normal guy despite all the money?

I hope aside from the love triangle there will be some bromance as well. But since Song Jae Rim's character will live on the rooftop of Oh-sol's apartment building I guess we'll get plenty interaction between them. :)

I wonder if KYJ is going to cut her hair - she had the long hair for a very long time - and if she will dye her hair back to either black or maybe a brownish color?

• Like 11

I will trust that the drama version of Gil oh sol has depth close (if not identical) to the webtoon. I mean after rejecting a bunch of offers she picked this one. I’m super excited on how their first meeting will play out. In the webtoon I actually laughed jisy by seeing the drawings without understanding any word lol :lol: 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, SpiritGambler said:

I will trust that the drama version of Gil oh sol has depth close (if not identical) to the webtoon. I mean after rejecting a bunch of offers she picked this one. I’m super excited on how their first meeting will play out. In the webtoon I actually laughed jisy by seeing the drawings without understanding any word lol :lol: 

I agree, @SpiritGambler. I've never read the webtoon and I kinda want to read if after the drama is done airing. I think the drama adaptation will do fine. Nothing can be 100% like the webtoon. But I also understand those who know the webtoon.

I personally think as long as the drama doesn't lose the motives behind the germaphobie and Oh-sol's problems with her family I will be fine.

But I also trust KYJ in choosing this project. She took her time to accept it, so a lot of thought went into it. :)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, jughead2000 said:

I hope she dyes her hair back to black for the drama.As per the character description, she shouldnt have time to dye her hair to red.She has always been beautiful but I prefer her hair black as it emphasizes her milky white skinned face. 

It would be nice to see her in natural black hair in the drama. Last time she wore black hair was as Scully in the movie Because I love You. If she's going to go along with the webtoon with black hair, I hope she'd look and feel different from Scully.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, happysloth said:

It would be nice to see her in natural black hair in the drama. Last time she wore black hair was as Scully in the movie Because I love You. If she's going to go along with the webtoon with black hair, I hope she'd look and feel different from Scully.

*The X-Files sound is playing* :tongue:

Just kidding. I wholeheartly agree. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I wonder if KYJ is going to cut her hair - she had the long hair for a very long time - and if she will dye her hair back to either black or maybe a brownish color?

I think her hair is currently just slightly below her shoulder, she's gotten a haircut shortly before her fanmeet last September. Looks like she's since been wearing hair extension in most occasions. It'd be very refreshing if she's getting a haircut for real during the drama tho. I don;t know any K-actress who cut their hair during a drama.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, happysloth said:

I actually love her Scully look. But then she will look very very young in black hair. Maybe her short hair in Fila pictorials + black hair. I think it’ll work. 

8 minutes ago, happysloth said:

I think her hair is currently just slightly below shoulder-length, she's gotten a haircut shortly before her fanmeet last September. Looks like she's since been wearing hair extension in most occasions. It'd be very refreshing if she's getting a haircut for real during the drama tho. I don;t know any K-actress who cut their hair during a drama.

Kim Ji Won cut her hair for DOTS as far as I know. Also curious if she’ll cut her hair shorter than the shoulder level coz if I remember it correctly she said that she wants to cut her hair really short but she doesn’t want to shock her fans :lol: 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, SpiritGambler said:

I actually love her Scully look. But then she will look very very young in black hair. Maybe her short hair in Fila pictorials + black hair. I think it’ll work. 

Kim Ji Won cut her hair for DOTS as far as I know. Also curious if she’ll cut her hair shorter than the shoulder level coz if I remember it correctly she said that she wants to cut her hair really short but she doesn’t want to shock her fans :lol: 

@SpiritGambler @happysloth

Does the trend still exist in which the leads get makeovers halfway through the drama? It's rarely done anymore right? I remember in dramas a couple years ago it was normal for the male/female lead to have a makeover aka different air to show a timejump. :lol:

I wouldn't mind that for KYJ and her co-stars for the matter. :D

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@SpiritGambler @happysloth

Does the trend still exist in which the leads get makeovers halfway through the drama? It's rarely done anymore right? I remember in dramas a couple years ago it was normal for the male/female lead to have a makeover aka different air to show a timejump. :lol:

Ahh I see. I thought cut the hair for the drama/role hahaha :lol:

so far I haven’t seen that it happened in a while in recent dramas (oh! It happened to Go kyung Pyo’s char in Strongest Deliveryman) but yes i guess it’s not the trend anymore. 

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, SpiritGambler said:

Regardless of her projects, I personally think she looks the most beautiful with black, shoulder-length, non-straightened hair :wub:

And you're right, she looks much  younger in black hair; and that fit Scully's character as a school student. If she's going with black now, I hope, I trust she can alter her persona to make it convincingly like a 20ish young woman.

Let's hope Gil Oh Sol is written very well here, cause Yoo Jung is very capable of (and I think shines the brightest when) delivering an intense and multilayered character. 

24 minutes ago, Jillia said:

If Oh Sol becomes a neater and cleaner person later in the drama, then we may see some changes. But I'd prefer the transformation to be reasonable, so that we can still see the real, original person. As for Mr. Mysterious and Mr. CEO, I'd rather they remain the same. OK I'm completely fine with the two becoming even more adorkably irresistible:D

• Like 10

Another thing that I think bodes well for the drama, it seems likely that writer has written substantial episodes and possibly completed script for maybe half of the drama?????? I know most would only have synopsis and maybe 1-4 completed episodes, when they make an offer to actors.  But this one was offered last October to KYJ, so I'm assuming she waited to have a more substantial view of the drama before making a decision.  Even the HBO drama, she's waiting for the script before making a decision.  

• Like 9

1 minute ago, akikisetsu said:

Another thing that I think bodes well for the drama, it seems likely that writer has written substantial episodes and possibly completed script for maybe half of the drama?????? I know most would only have synopsis and maybe 1-4 completed episodes, when they make an offer to actors.  But this one was offered last October to KYJ, so I'm assuming she waited to have a more substantial view of the drama before making a decision.  Even the HBO drama, she's waiting for the script before making a decision.  

Well the writer can be pretty relaxed since she does have source material to work with. The tricky thing is to adapt it, so it works on the small screen as well.

But I noticed that when dramas are based on novels or webtoons the scripts are usually already written far ahead. :)

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Well the writer can be pretty relaxed since she does have source material to work with. The tricky thing is to adapt it, so it works on the small screen as well.

But I noticed that when dramas are based on novels or webtoons the scripts are usually already written far ahead. :)

I hope the execution would be flawless and interesting then.  I know of some adaptations who fell short even with source materials.    :)

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

I hope the execution would be flawless and interesting then.  I know of some adaptations who fell short even with source materials.    :)

Not sure if it will be flawless. But I'm just glad the writer doesn't have to come up with a plot but it's already there. Sometimes when the writer is behind with the scripts the story tends to become less good because the writer is pressured to come up with anything while the drama is already airing. :)

But yes, in the end the drama still can end up being flawed. But until we haven't seen any stills or teasers I'm hopeful. :D

• Like 8

Hi guys!

Sosoososoooo excited for this drama! Love KYJ's acting and i'm really anticipating it! She always puts her acting bar so amazingly high and manages to perform individually so well in each of her work that I hope the main guy's acting will be up to par!

Between, I managed to read the webtoon (raw and free) until chapter 29 thanks to somebody in this thread. Thank you so much to that person who posted it, because I was surprisingly hooked! 

Now I'm looking for a way to read the next chapters for free but I couldn't find any other websites, it's so sad haha. If anybody finds the rest of the story for free, can you post it up here please? 

So happy there's already a thread for this drama! :D

• Like 8

17 hours ago, akikisetsu said:

If i talk about drama adaptation from novel/manga/webtoon, i rarely found korea did it well than china and japan (not all but mostly), if not flawless, at least the script, storyline, and execution will be good so many people will have fun and enjoy watching

i also want to see YooJung in her black hair again :)

@jughead2000 like usually sidus can't relate (its not secret anymore tho :D)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, ailanthus said:

If i talk about drama adaptation from novel/manga/webtoon, i rarely found korea did it well than china and japan (not all but mostly), if not flawless, at least the script, storyline, and execution will be good so many people will have fun and enjoy watching

i also want to see YooJung in her black hair again :)

@jughead2000 like usually sidus can't relate (its not secret anymore tho :D)

Yeah, adaptations are difficult to pull off. Misaeng is one of those rare gems that did it exceptionally well. I read some of the webtoon and it looks like so much fun. Hopefully that is carried over by the production and the characters are brought to life well by the actors. I appreciate it if the production gets the feel of the drama right!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, bomnie said:

Hi guys!

Sosoososoooo excited for this drama! Love KYJ's acting and i'm really anticipating it! She always puts her acting bar so amazingly high and manages to perform individually so well in each of her work that I hope the main guy's acting will be up to par!

Between, I managed to read the webtoon (raw and free) until chapter 29 thanks to somebody in this thread. Thank you so much to that person who posted it, because I was surprisingly hooked! 

Now I'm looking for a way to read the next chapters for free but I couldn't find any other websites, it's so sad haha. If anybody finds the rest of the story for free, can you post it up here please? 

So happy there's already a thread for this drama! :D

I am happy to purchase it but its hard because its Korean. Can I purchase it in Kakao?

Seems like Oh Sol is getting some anxiety attacks whenever she sees a very clean, shining room/place because she remembers her parents. Im not sure how they died because of clean and shiny spaces. 

The second lead in the webtoon is the workmate, I am at chapter 25 and they had a couple of cute moments in the comic strip (e.g bus stop), but seems like it was taken away from us because Jae Rim doesnt fit the young cute workmate in the webtoon. Still didnt have any cute scenes with the CEO, hope there’s a free complete link lol.

So the worry of some KYJ fans in the timeslot is because its a Mon-Tue drama? I will pray that it will still do well despite the TS.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, V said:

Yeah, adaptations are difficult to pull off. Misaeng is one of those rare gems that did it exceptionally well. I read some of the webtoon and it looks like so much fun. Hopefully that is carried over by the production and the characters are brought to life well by the actors. I appreciate it if the production gets the feel of the drama right!

Misaeng is one of my favorite korean drama and one of the best korean drama adaptation for me. Agreed with you, the transition from webtoon to drama is not easy, it is a challenge to turn a piece of webtoon into a visual presentation, actually they are two completely different ways of telling a story. They both have their advantages compared to the other. But when a drama sets out to tell the same story with a webtoon, there are certain elements that will define the outcome of such a transition. Especially many adaptation attempt to obtain a slightly difference audience than written material and therefore go through moderate changes before being projected on the screen. Some of those changes are for dramatic purposes, some are for logistical reasons, and some are used to make the content more palatable for the general public.The result may be good or bad, depending on the purpose of the change and the original intent of the scriptwriter but it certainly will be different, one of the strengths of drama adaptation is the source material and the weakness is responsibility to satisfying the people that have read the webtoon which is obviously important. As people who don't read the webtoon like me, they don't care about the transition but the storyline, the character development, and the executing from the production and actors should be good and interesting. At least I hope people who already read and not yet when think of the webtoon, they will imagine the characters from the drama and say that the drama serves as an excellent compendium to the webtoon because nothing can be 100% like the webtoon (quote from @Jillia :)) (me too, hopefully the chemistry and the characters are brought to life well by the actors :D)

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, ailanthus said:

Misaeng is one of my favorite korean drama and one of the best korean drama adaptation for me. Agreed with you, the transition from webtoon to drama is not easy, it is a challenge to turn a piece of webtoon into a visual presentation, actually they are two completely different ways of telling a story. They both have their advantages compared to the other. But when a drama sets out to tell the same story with a webtoon, there are certain elements that will define the outcome of such a transition. Especially many adaptation attempt to obtain a slightly difference audience than written material and therefore go through moderate changes before being projected on the screen. Some of those changes are for dramatic purposes, some are for logistical reasons, and some are used to make the content more palatable for the general public.The result may be good or bad, depending on the purpose of the change and the original intent of the scriptwriter but it certainly will be different, one of the strengths of drama adaptation is the source material and the weakness is responsibility to satisfying the people that have read the webtoon which is obviously important. As people who don't read the webtoon like me, they don't care about the transition but the storyline, the character development, and the executing from the production and actors should be good and interesting. At least I hope people who already read and not yet when think of the webtoon, they will imagine the characters from the drama and say that the drama serves as an excellent compendium to the webtoon because nothing can be 100% like the webtoon (quote from @Jillia :)) (me too, hopefully the chemistry and the characters are brought to life well by the actors :D)

Oh, yes I think it's definitely hard work to adapt the webtoon for the small screen. I think the challenge lies there to make the plot perfect for a drama, including the pacing and so on.

We have most likely 16 or 20 episodes for this drama, so the story can't be told like it is in the webtoon. It has to move quickly but without skipping character moments and development. I also read somewhere the OTP in the webtoon get pretty hands-on, without the sexual implication I mean. And I think this needs to be changed so it fits for KYJ and AHS. :)

I also think we won't see the co-worker of Oh-sol who completes the love triangle in the webtoon. Instead we will see Song Jae Rim in his role. So I think this will certainly be the tricky part for the writer since she creates a new character.

Also, Oh-sol's anxiety needs to be addressed correctly as well.

So, there is certainly a lot to do for the writer.

• Like 9