Quantcast
Maetawinz

[Drama 2018] About Time / 어바웃타임

English subbed video of new OST:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

tumblr_p984fw2wWA1rx0r81o1_540.giftumblr_p984fw2wWA1rx0r81o2_540.gif&key=1

Once it was about the amount of time.  Desperation,Survival, Need.

Only herself...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBw_UtPW-pVmgstZxMe83

Then DH gave her something much more valuable than even time or it's focus.

Himself...

Hope & LOVE...

Everything changed including her heart.  No longer was the focus on herself or her life or even her own time.  She now wants to protect whats become more important than all of that.

HIM...

Yet in doing that she still has so very much to learn.

The realization that it's not the amount of time.

It's the what, whom and how you fill that time.

That matters most...

That doing the right thing in your mind isn't always the right thing when it comes to the heart or for the man you love...

Or even for yourself...

There is that moment when one realizes it's not only about what you need, believe or even want...

It's about what you know, what's real and honest.  You can't live without and your heart that simply won't listen or let go...

For there is no greater force that can't be denied, than that of love itself...

There is a quote I use from time to time because I really love it...

This story reminds me of these words that ring true...

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZzwbBWuptaHt_SZ_Du6lth?id=OIP.7EmwviTgNrq6y3KyjVa0XwHaF5images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZEmu0LpKNsMOgqgQVvaE

• Like 13

Finally some action? No more dead fish kisses please. 

36236408_1304810946320167_4786997349270421504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=41ad362439481d11fb6fca4dd81df021&oe=5BB0EEED

36362540_1304810952986833_7653497130081845248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7935fc0f3cdc509e1d28119a0135daa8&oe=5BAB6030

36294299_1304810899653505_2510493162871455744_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=704fd76cf899c96845c580543470d784&oe=5BA7B47C

Spoiler

36268623_1304811052986823_7688066226630688768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=10e271b5fe22dbe50955f5e38f23abfa&oe=5BA297D8

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Cant wait for the above pictures to be aired... sigh, just finished watching ep12... the drama need to move faster...

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Libera said:

Finally some action? No more dead fish kisses please

Yaay finally some romance.. hope we don't have to wait till episode 16 for this.. can't find these pictures elsewhere.. what's the source for this please? 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, realistic2280 said:

Cant wait for the above pictures to be aired... sigh, just finished watching ep12... the drama need to move faster...

Yeah... after watching ep. 12.. I think I might give up on this drama.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

I think everybody feels the same :lol: Hope that the plot will finally move in the next episode even if in the preview it doesn't look so :unsure:

Mika's fashion

afzDbIU.jpg

qcdNrXB.jpg

http://ygstage.com/archives/20676

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, butterflysaga said:

I truly hope you don't do that as not only would you and your thoughts be missed, but who knows what lies ahead.  There may just be drama gold to be seen and felt at the end of this rainbow...:heart:

• Like 10

@Libera It’s About Time :D  Notice that handkerchief Mika tied around her wrist.  Perhaps they both decided they rather not know about the time she has left and just live.  Why can’t this be 3-4 episodes ago!... ^_^

New stills.  Is SungKyung going to be featured on one OST?:)

• Like 9

You are right .. that explains why DH is wearing a hood as well

• Like 9

I think I'm emotionally exhausted watching this drama. However, it is impossible for me to give up since I love this drama so much. At first, I thought this drama would be a light romcom korean drama which is easy to watch. I hope the writer will give a happy ending at the end so the angst will worth watching *finger crossed*. :confounded:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nikir said:

You are right .. that explains why DH is wearing a hood as well

Makes perfect sense to do this 4 episodes ago!  This drama is a mess, not entirely the writer's fault.  She's a newbie so the execution and direction were directly in the hands of the PD.   It was heavily handed, way too melo and makjang... if was done lightly with a slice of life approach, could have been quite touching.  This story could be more than just a drawn out love story between two people.

I guess we are meant to see DH's character growth from learning to love Mika... I didn't completely buy how quickly he fell in love or progressed from physical attraction to liking Mika the person.  I do like how LSY portrayed how true his love is. He didn't waver nor did he disregard all his other relationships for Mika.  He is a decent guy who learned to rely on his feelings and emotions more as he matures and gets over his insecurities.  In that regard, the writing was very forgiving and kind to DoHa. From a guy who was not able to voice his opinions to his father to one who fights to be his own person, DoHa is beginning to take risks and accepts its consequences.  In his business dealings with JCA, he realized that partnership involves trust and respect.   Most of all, honesty and transparency, which I think was what JCA or any business man wants.  When he relinquished 51% of his shares, it was desperation that JCA hesitated against.  To see DH coming onto his own, knowing he could fail doing things his way, is one of a few bright spots in this drama.  The way DH regained control of his life and get over his anxiety was due in part to Mika... thus makes it superrrrr frustrating for me to see how Mika's character growth was stunted in relative to DoHa's!

@triplem @bebebisous33 tagging you because you watched Benjamin Button.  BB realized early that his life is abnormal. Instead of resigning to disappointments, he embraced the uniqueness of his life, its pain and fleeting relationships, to live his life as is.  He makes his own decisions, live with the consequences, didn't worry about if he will ever unite with his love.  When he finally meets Daisy at the right time, their love was fleeting BUT happy.  This drama is trying to send the same msg, though very clumsily.  Is life better if we can erase the pain?  Mika is thankful for the gift and love from DoHa.  She wants to spare him from the hurts.  What she doesn't realize is he knows his life is better even with the pain of losing her eventually because no one can escape death.  Some sooner than others, some all planned out, others unexpected like Mrs. Oh. 

Mika's take on Yeon Hee reflects her own view of her life.  She sees Yeon Hee as someone who managed to live a lonely life fighting against her own destiny.  Benjamin Button was the opposite.  He accepts his destiny and live his life as fully because of it.  Mika thinks Yeon Hee is brave.  PD Jo disagreed on it, especially how YH deals with love since she always runs away from love. Mika thinks in her condition, loving someone would be selfish so she doesn't allow herself to be happy on someone's misfortune.  BB lives life more freely, accepting that time is cruel on love and relationships so he is thankful for what comes his way.  Maybe the whole point of this angst is for Mika to let go and live like BB eventually.  What wasted potential though in the mean time with all the crazy plotting. :lol:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Makes perfect sense to do this 4 episodes ago!  This drama is a mess, not entirely the writer's fault.  She's a newbie so the execution and direction were directly in the hands of the PD.   It was heavily handed, way too melo and makjang... if was done lightly with a slice of life approach, could have been quite touching.  This story could be more than just a drawn out love story between two people.

I guess we are meant to see DH's character growth from learning to love Mika... I didn't completely buy how quickly he fell in love or progressed from physical attraction to liking Mika the person.  I do like how LSY portrayed how true his love is. He didn't waver nor did he disregard all his other relationships for Mika.  He is a decent guy who learned to rely on his feelings and emotions more as he matures and gets over his insecurities.  In that regard, the writing was very forgiving and kind to DoHa. From a guy who was not able to voice his opinions to his father to one who fights to be his own person, DoHa is beginning to take risks and accepts its consequences.  In his business dealings with JCA, he realized that partnership involves trust and respect.   Most of all, honesty and transparency, which I think was what JCA or any business man wants.  When he relinquished 51% of his shares, it was desperation that JCA hesitated against.  To see DH coming onto his own, knowing he could fail doing things his way, is one of a few bright spots in this drama.  The way DH regained control of his life and get over his anxiety was due in part to Mika... thus makes it superrrrr frustrating for me to see how Mika's character growth was stunted in relative to DoHa's!

@triplem @bebebisous33 tagging you because you watched Benjamin Button.  BB realized early that his life is abnormal. Instead of resigning to disappointments, he embraced the uniqueness of his life, its pain and fleeting relationships, to live his life as is.  He makes his own decisions, live with the consequences, didn't worry about if he will ever unite with his love.  When he finally meets Daisy at the right time, their love was fleeting BUT happy.  This drama is trying to send the same msg, though very clumsily.  Is life better if we can erase the pain?  Mika is thankful for the gift and love from DoHa.  She wants to spare him from the hurts.  What she doesn't realize is he knows his life is better even with the pain of losing her eventually because no one can escape death.  Some sooner than others, some all planned out, others unexpected like Mrs. Oh. 

Mika's take on Yeon Hee reflects her own view of her life.  She sees Yeon Hee as someone who managed to live a lonely life fighting against her own destiny.  Benjamin Button was the opposite.  He accepts his destiny and live his life as fully because of it.  Mika thinks Yeon Hee is brave.  PD Jo disagreed on it, especially how YH deals with love since she always runs away from love. Mika thinks in her condition, loving someone would be selfish so she doesn't allow herself to be happy on someone's misfortune.  BB lives life more freely, accepting that time is cruel on love and relationships so he is thankful for what comes his way.  Maybe the whole point of this angst is for Mika to let go and live like BB eventually.  What wasted potential though in the mean time with all the crazy plotting. :lol:

You have explained so beautifully..Dohas love for Mika shows very clearly in the past few episodes though we could have been spared much of the angst and pain.. it's painful to watch but in love with this show and the OTP so rooting for them.. hopefully the ending doesn't disappoint..

First 6 episodes were the best.. Got me hooked

• Like 6

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

No it makes sense now, they both lost important people recently , now they both just want to live their lives together I am assuming.

No point in worrying about the clock anymore since it  seems to change base on random circumstances.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

No it makes sense now, they both lost important people recently , now they both just want to live their lives together I am assuming.

No point in worrying about the clock anymore since it  seems to change base on random circumstances.

Not random circumstances.. based on ppl their actions n most importantly their mindset.. even Doha and Mikas love.. their destiny seems to be predecided.. the car accident.. ice cream incident .. dream..everything seems to be tied up

• Like 9

Eps 12 was definitely better than the filler eps that was eps 11. At least in this episode I felt better for DoHa. He was finally taking things into his own hands. He is no longer going to allow others to dictate how he will run and finance his business, and whom he will love and marry (or not marry).

As much as I have been very sympathetic to Mika because I know how difficult it must have been for her to break it off with Do Ha, but I felt Do Ha has been getting the short end of the stick. Being lied to for one. Fair enough that it was a noble idiocy of sorts , sparing him from early death. But what sort of life is he living now? One where he is in misery pining for the one person he loves but can't because he is supposedly poison to her.  How's that for quality of life? Very unfair to him. 

Then there's the crazy ex (but not ex )fiancee who thinks that blackmailing , threatening , and giving ultimatums will allow her to have her toy. Dear me,  she needs to admitted to some mental institution. Then let's not forget the creative genius JJY who can never see eye to eye with him. Even if I agree with JY's need to not settle for any actress , time is money and I can see why Do Ha would be exasperated. 

So there you go - that's me ranting on behalf of DoHa.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Eps 12 was definitely better than the filler eps that was eps 11. At least in this episode I felt better for DoHa. He was finally taking things into his own hands. He is no longer going to allow others dictate how he will run and finance his business, and whom he will love and marry (or not marry).

As much as I have been very sympathetic to Mika because I know how difficult it must have been for her to break it off with Do Ha, but I felt Do Ha has been getting the short end of the stick. Being lied to for one. Fair enough that it was a noble idiocy of sorts , sparing him from early death. But what sort of life is he living now? One where he is in misery pining for the one person he loves but can't because he is supposedly poison to her.  How's that for quality of life? Very unfair to him. 

Then there's the crazy ex (but not ex )fiancee who thinks that blackmailing , threatening , and giving ultimatums will allow her to have her toy. Dear me,  she needs to admitted to some mental institutions. Then let's not forget the creative genius JJY who can never see eye to eye with him. Even if I agree with JY's need to not settle for any actress , time is money and I can see why Do Ha would be exasperated. 

So there you go - that's me ranting on behalf of DoHa.

This is one of the rare dramas I cant really fault either of the leads its crappy situation.I feel if she did  tell the compete true he would 100% would be next to her right now and that would made fer feel worse.

but it looks like none of that matters anymore in the coming episodes since they both share so much pain already. I also feel there alot more to this between them like he was meant to near her to prevent her clock from running out for reasons I think will be in their control.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bedifferent said:

tagging you because you watched Benjamin Button.  BB realized early that his life is abnormal. Instead of resigning to disappointments, he embraced the uniqueness of his life, its pain and fleeting relationships, to live his life as is.  He makes his own decisions, live with the consequences, didn't worry about if he will ever unite with his love.  When he finally meets Daisy at the right time, their love was fleeting BUT happy.  This drama is trying to send the same msg, though very clumsily.  Is life better if we can erase the pain?  Mika is thankful for the gift and love from DoHa.  She wants to spare him from the hurts.  What she doesn't realize is he knows his life is better even with the pain of losing her eventually because no one can escape death.  Some sooner than others, some all planned out, others unexpected like Mrs. Oh. 

I am certain that  Mrs Oh's death is a message from the universe ( if one were to believe in that sort of thing ) to Mika to stop worrying and to start living. Unlike BB, Mika has the added burden of being a time stealer where it  is not just her mortality at stake but his as well.  Which is why it was important that she tells him the truth about what she's observed rather than cook up a story to protect him. Because right now , he is not any less hurt. It's worse in fact

• Like 6