Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Legends 招摇

Thanks  a lot @arcchidus for the recaps,sadly not knowing the language my understanding is limited..I wanted to ask,is there something special about the sword that Zhao Yao wanted and that MoQinq got for her...And what is the deal with Zhao Yao's ex subbordonate,that now works with the Immortal Clan(trying to get the blood to revive that man)? I was under the impression that he was still loyal to her even after her death so what is his plans with the imortal clans...I'm sooo eager to see more between Jiang Wu and Zhao Yao,even more knowing he is kinda born because of that immortal obsession with her(is he aware of how he became to be?)

I frankly at this point doubt the sect would follow Zhao Yan as their leader when they had MoQing as their current leader and saw how powerful he is and being loyal to him now and he saying he will return it to her doesn't really makes much even more when i doubt Zhao Yao will take it as that...The sect was indeed made by her but now i frankly see the people seeing him as their true leader and were their loyalty lies and even if she came back more than sure people will debate what orders they follow but that is just based on limited information...

Still sad Viki doesn't seem to notce this amazing drama....

• Like 2

Pity they don't include the scene where LZY bought dream pills to go inside QQX 's dream to tell him QZY being kidnapped by JW; QQX was alarmed at first and said that LZY finally also appears in his dream...(QQX thought his 'xin mo' returned LOL) before he finally believes that it's real LZY who appears in his dream and not his 'xin mo' 

those funny scenes...it's also not allowed to be shown in drama? ahhh I hope Zhao Yao could be made into anime too, at least anime can show ghost and the likes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

@arcchidus Thank you very much for the summary!!!

I am trying very hard to restrain myself to not devour all the uploaded episodes in one go because I know I will be very frustrated for days waiting. But still, I can not help but take a peek here and there ...... And with the weekend is looming, well I perhaps will loss to temptation soon :D

I really hope that we can get pass this Zhao Yao missunderstanding moment as soon as possible. Seeing how devoted Mo Qing is and how Zhao Yao just think the worst of him just ..... very sad.

I believe Mo Qing is already realizing that she is Zhao Yao. No master will spoil his student like Mo Qing does here. Seeing time and time again Zhao Yao trying to kill him while he is all smile just bad for my heart. Hopefully the lovey dovey later on will be able to make up all this bad feeling.

• Like 2

Can we request this drama to Netflix? Does Netflix has the request form like VIki?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Thanks  a lot @arcchidus for the recaps,sadly not knowing the language my understanding is limited..I wanted to ask,is there something special about the sword that Zhao Yao wanted and that MoQinq got for her...And what is the deal with Zhao Yao's ex subbordonate,that now works with the Immortal Clan(trying to get the blood to revive that man)? I was under the impression that he was still loyal to her even after her death so what is his plans with the imortal clans...I'm sooo eager to see more between Jiang Wu and Zhao Yao,even more knowing he is kinda born because of that immortal obsession with her(is he aware of how he became to be?)

The sword is very special. The sword is created by stone in that mystical mountain and forged by lightning. It's made to kill demons. In the show at least, it looks like the sword may also be able to control weather (this is not clearly stated, just something I noticed). And one more thing:

There's also warning by the keeper of the sword that whoever takes the sword will most definitely be killed by the sword (extra true for Mo Qing because of the demonic power in him) in the end. He said that's the reason no one every got the sword before, but Mo Qing was like what's important in life isn't the length of his life.

What I gathered is that Zhao Yao's ex subordinate never liked Mo Qing. Always thought he is too kind and not dark enough. He is still miffed that Mo Qing killed Zhao Yao and think he deserves to die.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I wrote a few other summary for earlier episodes. I may go back and write summary for each episodes if people want it.

Episode 11:

The guy with the staff tried to kill Zhi Yan and friend because they are from the immortal clan. Zhao Yao went and protect them.

Mo Qing recognized Zhao Yao through her power (I think by the red aura?). Mo Qing stepped in, stopped the attack, and ordered the guy to be healed up and then send him away unharmed. Zhao Yao was like good, as long as that guy doesn't die then my sacrifice was worth it.

A few episodes ago, he had a heart to heart with the guy in the wheelchair and the guy told him to see with his heart and not his eyes. So I think, given all the little clues he got (the fact that by all account the girl doesn't sleep, the fact that at night the girl kept saying things that suspiciously sounded like Zhao Yao, the fact her kungfu is sometimes better than other times, and finally the fact she was using Zhao Yao's attack style). He knows Zhao Yao hates him because she thought he tried to kill him, so he decided to not say anything and just be there to protect her.

Episode 12:

Episode 12 is basically about Mo Qing being sweet and nice to Zhao Yao while Zhao Yao tried to kill him (she still doesn't realized he had figured it out).

Mo Qing also gave her that necklace (He took effort to hide the real necklace which is the same necklace from episode 4 which LZY said she can't remember where she got it from but has been wearing for a while) which allowed him to see her thoughts (allowing him to easily outsmart her murder attempts).

Oh yeah about mid way, Zhao Yao asked Mo Qing to go get her this magical sword. This is for two reasons. One, she knows it's dangerous to get the sword, and two with the sword, she can kill attack (and kill him easier).

Mo Qing said yes because he loves her, but Zhao Yao thinks it's because he is falling for her body double (not true). Mo Qing is about to make the trip, and Zhao Yao found herself worrying about him in the last scene because she knows it is dangerous (remember she was killed in her quest to get a sword.

Not a full summary but I wrote out a few key takeaways on Ep 9 and 10

1. Mo Qing is actually a really good leader and actually greatly grew the demon sect Lu Zhao Yao left behind. The guy with the dot on his forehead is another sect leader of one of the heavenly sects. He acknowledge Mo Qing's effort to change the demon sect for the better after Lu Zhao Yao's death and actually decided to work with him in destroying the newest threat to their corner of the world.

2. Lu Zhao Yao continues to mistrust Mo Qing's intentions and is still very much intending to take her revenge. She wants to kill him but he had grown too powerful for her to kill, so she has to be more sly in her methodology.

In episode 12 you saw her try to seduce him (while she is in Zhi Yan's body) so that she could kill him later. Unfortunately for her, Mo Qing was in love with Lu Zhao Yao since they were young, and isn't interested in anyone except for Lu Zhao Yao (who he thinks is dead). Some of the comedy comes from her misunderstanding.

For example, she told him (in Zhi Yan's body) that his eyes are like star, and he was affected because Lu Zhao Yao told him the same thing before, but Lu Zhao Yao just thought he really liked that line, even though it's only an impactful line because she said it to him in the past (lol).

The fun now is for her to finally realize how much Mo Qing loves her and finally drops her hate.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 4

I also created an account years ago but only jumped in to find out more about The Legends. I know about it from the novel Ostentatious Zhao Yao - 招摇  - Jiu Lu Fei Xiang. I'm watching it without subs and enjoying it very much.

• Like 4

Awwww, @arcchidus, thank you so much for the summaries.  :wub:. But, anyway one question what all soompiers ask who want to watch a C-drama - is it a HEA ending for the OTP?  Thanks once again.  :heart:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

Awwww, @arcchidus, thank you so much for the summaries.  :wub:. But, anyway one question what all soompiers ask who want to watch a C-drama - is it a HEA ending for the OTP?  Thanks once again.  :heart:

If they follow the book, then yes, there will be a HEA ending. In fact, the last line of the novel is basically this (am paraphrasing):

"Mo Qing, your son is too much of a handful, can I just throw him out?" asked Zhao Yao. (The son has Zhao Yao's personality) Mo Qing looks at his wife and his child and smiled. "Yeah sure why not, we can just make another one." (Mo Qing is incredibly funny once he is less up tight)

And FYI, the official show summary seems to point to a HEA ending too. I don't think the ending is really the point of the show, it's more the journey, and the people who made the show knows it.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the helpful comments, @arcchidus! I'm watching raw but I have... elementary Chinese at best. I joke with my parents that my Mandarin will improve but I'll start using historical terms instead of modern ones, haha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Just finished until episode 8. It is quite funny seeing how Zhi Yan and Zhao Yao fighting about which is scarier between Li Chen Lan and Qing Qin Xuan :D.

By the way could someone help me understand just who is Sima Rong? I don't think I remember seeing him in earlier episode. I am curious since it seems he and Li Chen Lan has very close relationship.

Edit: Nevermind my question regarding Sima Rong. I got my answer after google-translating the novel ......

Edited by xienrue
  • Like 2

@angelangie Yes, they are the same person. The upper pictures are him when he was younger. The lower pictures are the current him when he is free from his seal (hence the lack of face marks) and has attained the position of sect leader.

So I skimmed through the novel using google translate. The translation is weird here and there but I think I get the gist of it. What I want to say is I am looking forward to see Zhao Yao development in the drama; how she goes from wanting to kill Li Chen Lan to love him. I take the novel is quite light-hearted one, but I hope the drama would be able to give more deeper flavor to the romance between the two main lead.

• Like 4

On 2/16/2019 at 1:46 AM, xienrue said:

By the way could someone help me understand just who is Sima Rong? I don't think I remember seeing him in earlier episode. I am curious since it seems he and Li Chen Lan has very close relationship.

Edit: Nevermind my question regarding Sima Rong. I got my answer after google-translating the novel ......

I totally understand your confusion. So much of the show is based on flashbacks and what comes up naturally in conversations that when the show really started in earnest around episode 5, I was so confused. I was like who the hack is that guy and that guy and that girl that they just mentioned?

I really thought the show skipped a bunch of the story, but it turns out it's exactly the same way in the book. In fact, in the book they gave even less back story in the beginning since it's almost entirely in Zhao Yao's pov.

It's a very risk way of story telling, that's what I would say.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

From what i have seen his acting seems better here than in Yanxi anyone else agree? 

I failed to finish Yanxi, therefore I only saw Fucha Fuheng for a few episodes. However, I think Xu Kai acting here is quite okay. It is not yet exceptional or anything but I think he emotes well and I can sense more or less Li Chen Lan feeling. His puppy expression in the beginning was so adorable. I thought he perfectly showed a lost puppy expression:wub:. We have not yet touched angst scene (except when grandfather died, but it only included Zhao Yao. No Mo Qing in that scene). Let's hope the acting stay okay or better until the end.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xienrue said:

@angelangie Yes, they are the same person. The upper pictures are him when he was younger. The lower pictures are the current him when he is free from his seal (hence the lack of face marks) and has attained the position of sect leader.

So I skimmed through the novel using google translate. The translation is weird here and there but I think I get the gist of it. What I want to say is I am looking forward to see Zhao Yao development in the drama; how she goes from wanting to kill Li Chen Lan to love him. I take the novel is quite light-hearted one, but I hope the drama would be able to give more deeper flavor to the romance between the two main lead.

thanks.... i havent pick up the drama so i was confuse for a moment.....

its great to get the things straighten out lols :) 

• Like 1