Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

RAw is out, but went here to raed instead... i might just throw my iPad in all frustration to the mom! :angry:

Like seriously..! JA can even move out and live by herself already...wonder why she wont..! All her lines to KS doesn’t make any sense...! 

Oh well, i would just brace myself to the rainbow after this storm..! 

Thanks to all who recapped and translate today... :wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

Hiii.. Finally i decide to put my first comment on this thread, after a long time being a silent lurker n just keep pushing the emoticon buttonㅋㅋㅋㅋ. 

Ok let me first ask the JA mother, "can you (mom) just proud to have a daughter like JA??. Huuuh such an unbelievable moms being (glad my mom not that kind of mother). 

JA's mom reaction when she figure out about JH & JA relationship would be same like most of mother. In my case my ex bf mom act like JA mom's, since I'm a noona, n he is my best friend little brother n our age gap only 2 years apart, why she have to do that kind of things??back to the topic. 

I agree that they can solve about family matters till eps 12. N for the rest ep it must be workplace matters. 

I love this drama so much, because it's to realistic to me that's why I'm so in to this drama, even i have a struggle time when i have to watch it without any sub.

So I'm so thankful to our angles translator n all the recaps :*

Note : sorry for my bad English 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

JA defends JH to her Dad.

JA: In Mom and Dad’s eyes, I must look like some great daughter, but I’m also a person who is an ordinary match. Actually, for some families, I would be much less acceptable as a potential daughter-in-law. Joon Hee? He is someone I’m very grateful for. Enough so that I wonder if I’m good enough for him, he’s a wonderful person.
Father: The way someone may look to you and the way someone may look to your parents is different.
JA: What is love?
JA: You said that parents are supposed to teach their children well.
JA: Please teach me what love is.
JA: Dad, I’ve come to know it for the first time. What love is. How to love. Through Joon Hee, I’m learning that. Even at the hospital when I was taking care of Mom, all of that, helping her change her clothes, putting on her shoes and helping her down off the bed, speaking to her warmly, being careful she doesn’t trip or hurt herself. Even though I’m a full grown adult, so much to almost feel embarrassed about, I’m receiving the care of a nervous heart. He’s pouring his whole heart into me. To Dad’s child. When he cherishes and loves me so much, why can’t he be the one? How can you say that he can’t? Joon Hee is such a warm person. He’s such a considerate person. I’m not going to obey you. It’s only if I feel it for myself that it’s not the right thing will I stop. Before that, no matter what you say or what you do to me, I absolutely can’t break up with Joon Hee. It can’t be helped if you’re disappointed in me, since I’m disappointed in Mom and Dad as well.

Hmm. I haven't watched the episode, so not sure from this clip, but I guess JA's father asked her to reconsider dating JH. Probably because JA's mother is having such a hard time?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 17

KS calls her father in Canada. Who sounds like a right pratt.

Man: Hello?
KS: Hello.
Man: Please speak.
KS: It’s Kyung Sun.
Man: Oh. Yes, yes. What’s going on?
KS: Can you speak for a moment?
Man: Right now?
KS: You can’t?
Man: The thing is…that I’ve brought the kid to some place.
KS: I am also father’s child.
Man: Why did you call so suddenly and say that?
KS: Then what should I say? Should I say that you should live happily and well? Or should I just not call you in the future? Oh, really. Do you know how many years it’s been? Aren’t you even curious how Joon Hee and I are living?
Man: I got it.
KS: What are you saying “I got it” all the time? How much longer are you just going to blow us off like that? Are you really someone who I shouldn’t have any expectation of, someone who is supposed to be a father?
Man: Let’s talk next time. (hangs up)

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 14

What's actually happening with the pervert men in the office and why everything seem to implicate JA in it? I know the sexual harassment issue is going on and the Ceo is aware too. But why it looks like JA will get framed by the men? Are they gonna do something to make JA a scapegoat?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

What's actually happening with the pervert men in the office and why everything seem to implicate JA in it? I know the sexual harassment issue is going on and the Ceo is aware too. But why it looks like JA will get framed by the men? Are they gonna do something to make JA a scapegoat?

I don't think JA is going to get framed by anything.

The sexual harassment issue really came to the CEO's attention as an issue because of JA's rebellion at serving the men at the company dinner in front of the CEO. While it's been going on all along, no one had raised any fusses about it, even thought most of them didn't like it. JA was the one who had been the most cooperative in terms of acceding to her manager's will to, in effect, be a corporate gisaeng, serving the men and singing and dancing for them, albeit without actually having to have sex with anyone.

Even when the sexual harassment questionnaire went out, most of the women are reluctant to answer it or speak truthfully. So, JA is important because she's become the voice of the female employees on this issue, and is the one who is encouraging the other women to speak up as well.

Without a mass of women speaking up, it could just be seen as one or two disgruntled employees rather than the endemic problem that it is.

Okay, the lag on soompi is too much for me today for me to comment any more for the moment.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

In the last 2 episodes, have we had less JH-JA moments or it's just my impression? Maybe we've had so many sweet scenes that now, I've missed that a lot, but I understand that the drama needs a plot.

• Like 12

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpZiBGscS-Vq0jP9Kvoh_Pretty-Noona-Something-Rain-Episode-9.jpKorean-drama-to-watch-Something-in-the-R    :heart:WHAT IS LOVE..      PLEASE TEACH ME...  WHAT LOVE IS...

It's been a busy day and I came here before going to my usual sight to check if the subs were done so that I could watch it complete.  Yet I am so thankful that I came here first.  Maybe because I knew that @stroppyse's words and posts might just be waiting for me and there they were!!!!   I almost feel spoiled in just the fact that I wasn't surprised you learn to count on people like I do her.  Sometimes forgetting to say thanks or giving her and others a shout out for all the time and effort they put forth just so someone like me doesn't have to wait days to know what's being said.  Thank you so very much Stroppyse and others here whom use their talent to touch so many freely.  Just so you know your kindness isn't going unnoticed...:wub:

After reading JA's words thanks to Stroppyse that were spoken to her Father I can honestly say it broke my heart when she was on her knees before him earlier.  But I felt myself getting even more emotional when I heard her say " What is love?" No matter what a parent might be thinking and I know he must have been.  When you see your child on their knees heartbroken and crying in front of you just days before.  Then you see them sitting across from you standing up not physically but mentally and in a way challenging you to explain yourself what an amazing move of courage for her...

JA doesn't stop there she goes one step further and says "Please teach me what love is."

She goes on to explain that through JH she now is learning and understanding what it is to love and be loved.  She gives him countless reasons one after the other of how JH continues to make her feel and allows her to be.  She makes it clear that it isn't about him being good enough for me because right now she isn't sure she is even worthy of such a love that he so lovingly and willingly pours completely over her...

She informs him that no matter what you say or do I am not willing to give him up.  It's not about her wanting to disrespect her family or friends or anyone else.  It's about experiencing love & happiness to the fullest for the first time in her life.  Knowing she can't and doesn't want to go back to where she was being that lost and lonely person. 

It's not about disrespect...  It's about the survival of her heart...

In that for the first time it's able to beat loudly and proudly because of him...

JH is not only the one...  He is the ONLY ONE!!!

Who ever showed her, taught her, and loved her like this...

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Rating ep 10

Nielsen  Nationwide 5.757

Seoul.          6.713

TNMS.                         6.6

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

I say this before and I will say this again. JA’s mum is a BULLY. She hits, threatens, schemes, screams, shouts, scolds, to get HER way. It is ridiculous that she belittled JH and KS for their lack of parents status. To have such a childish parent like her is embarrassing. The child will have to clean up the mess she creates.

I can understand that parents want the best for the child. And parent and child can disagree on what is the best. Parent can feel disappointed with child’s choice but to insist in only doing things her way... To me, JA’s mum has crossed the line. She is NOT acting like a concerned parent. She is acting like spoilt child who can’t get her way. To top it all, she used violence and terrorised people into seeing her way or doing things her way. 

I  am waiting for JA’s Father to have a serious conversation with his Wife. 

• Like 14
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Let us imagine what could bring the mother to her senses...

- She discovers LGM's wrongdoings (the harassment, the assault, the kidnapping and the car accident)

- Appa decides to get divorce as he can not stand her any longer ruining their lives

- SH cuts ties with her

- SH has a girlfriend she doesn't approve at all

Feel free to add more ideas...

I am going to go with 
@dramaninja ‘s version:

An alien invasion BUT, I think the aliens will take JA’s mum with them. They can see that she belongs there (a planet far, far away). It will be nice if the avengers can make cameo appearance. Thor can open the bifrost from Asgard and Hulk can throw mum into the link. She can live in Asgard where everyone excels in everything. Sigh... Chris Hemsworth is definitely a welcome sight after JA’s mum.

• LOL 17

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Let us imagine what could bring the mother to her senses...

- She discovers LGM's wrongdoings (the harassment, the assault, the kidnapping and the car accident)

- Appa decides to get divorce as he can not stand her any longer ruining their lives

- SH cuts ties with her

- SH has a girlfriend she doesn't approve at all

- JA's pregnancy @lolly84... and even a baby @yusefull

- Alien invasion @dramaninja:D

Feel free to add more ideas...

Mutiny in the household.

JA leaves the house. (holy macaroni Mom, your daughter is already 35, for Pete's sakes)

And Appa decides to stand his ground once and for all, and also leave. While obedient SH is also supportive of his friend = afterall I recall both Appa and SH rolling their eyes, making excuses to exit, leaving noodles half-eaten, once Omma started on JH's family (it was that conversation where Oma mentioned that SH should make other intelligent influential friends).

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

6 hours ago, ihyw said:

Amnesia or the Truck of Doom might be nice right now 

Or the ghost of her friend appearing in her dreams and warning her to be good to her kids? 

Or JA and JH leave for Canada? Toronto's nice. Or Vancouver

Lol..if end it with a dream would be nice :D

Or

Mom's friends eyeing on JH to become their son in law instead.in their usual gathering,they keep on talking how good JH is.perhaps there's rich daughter wants to steal him away fr JA (but i really hate the idea of another woman wants to be with JH except JA :lol:).

Although not having parents could gives bad influence in asian culture...but having to choose over between their own parents or in law's home during festive season could be a headache too... lol... some parents would be glad that their kid/grandkid will always come back to their home. :D

Btw..we also had to face those kind of issues at first when we decided to get married.even both of us graduated from uni and have jobs...that is not everyhting...we had long distance relationship since uni n bcoz of our job nature we travelled a lot.while we were having limited time together previously...back at home we also need to beat our asses everytime we want to go out :D.  but we just face it directly at both sides and talk it over and over.its not over with just parents people...uninvited opinion from siblings,aunts,uncles,grandparents included. there were so much argues and tears but i'm so blessed that we have so much laughters now with both families..

I think do not run away and doing it the right way is the key...u dont want yr kid end up the same way anyway..thats why getting beatings from JA's mom is nothing actually...how hard can it be...learn martial art instead to take beatings if u are afraid..haha...after all...she's a mother with a shouting like a jurrasic park dinasours...if both sincere enough...i'm sure she'll come around eventually.if not...that's too bad bcoz they will be together anyway :D...

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

KS: Then what should I say? Should I say that you should live happily and well? Or should I just not call you in the future? Oh, really. Do you know how many years it’s been? Aren’t you even curious how Joon Hee and I are living?
KS: What are you saying “I got it” all the time? How much longer are you just going to blow us off like that? Are you really someone who I shouldn’t have any expectation of, someone who is supposed to be a father?

Their father really should have not done that. Though he really did have an affair, shouldn't he be at least show his face or at least ask his other children from his first wife how they have been living. It's what human does. If it is because his hurt from his first wife dying, it is also unacceptable. But, looking at the hints from JA's mother and KS, seems that the father already had an affair before JH's mother died. How mean can a human be. Because of him, JA's mother looks down on KS and JH more. JH is so good and well raised as a man despite having a father like that. He is really a good man to JA and others around him, a perfect man with his imperfections.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Now i wonder why JA's mom being overreacting like that. After i saw this clip i got a point on JA mother she's insecure n afraid about JH more than to her daughter. Mom's scared that JH going be like his father. Except she more worries to hear what her relative, neighborhood n other people about her daughter dating with her little son best friend n has not good family background (even JH  has a stable job n KS has her own coffee shop). 

I think in future ep his father will be showed up, n I'm so curious with a man who stood at the hospital n seating behind appa n SH (hahahha.. Don't blame me please if I'm too much). 

Oh god what should i do when this drama comes to end. i think I'll take more time to move on from this drama. 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1

Actually, the next preview AIN'T looking all that bad.

Trailers normally start by showing the end and middle scenes ... then trail back to the beginning where we left off.

And those end scenes show them smiling together. Hey, at least they ARE still together!

It's NOT like JA got locked up or something, by hissy mom -  OMG she so sounded like a goose! when she almost passed out on  the nightmare that they were dating! :tongue:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

It breaks my heart to see KS crying after seeing JA's mom and calling her dad. Then there's JA crying and JH's sad expression in the elevator. I don't think KS would ever think to call her dad if it wasn't for JA's mom. I hope there's a special place in hell for those who belittle and look down on others based on their unchangeable circumstances :angry::angry:

Although it's impossible, I hope JA's mom stops going to her "gathering". I'm not against women hanging out together but I'm against women, especially moms, who meet up only to boast about their kids and their achievements. Such gathering can be very toxic and doesn't do anyone good.

Ep 10 seriously gives me the stress. I was already stressed out yesterday (you know, life...) but I didn't expect watching Pretty Noona could give me extra mental burden :confounded:

With the "2015 theory" being at least 70% confirmed, I wonder if everything in 2018 is gonna be sunshine and roses for our couple...

• Like 7
  • Sad 7