Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

There's a scene from ep 8 that hasn't been translated but I think is gonna be important. I can't confirm if what I heard is true or not cos my Korean is mediocre at best. It's when JA & JH are drinking wine after JA's accident. I heard JA asks JH about his past dating experiences but then he shuts her off and goes to sleep instead. Did I hear this part correctly? :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, 999hearts said:

There's a scene from ep 8 that hasn't been translated but I think is gonna be important. I can't confirm if what I heard is true or not cos my Korean is mediocre at best. It's when JA & JH are drinking wine after JA's accident. I heard JA asks JH about his past dating experiences but then he shuts her off and goes to sleep instead. Did I hear this part correctly? :wacko:

I think his past lover hurt him so he is not willing to talk about it. Anyway his love to JA is so firm but if his ex will appear will cause trouble...:ph34r:

• Like 7
  • Sad 3

I agree with @thi2018 . I’m hoping we or rather this drama can stay away from using ex partners / relationships as a plot device to create tension or progress. One ex is enough .So far this drama except for the materialistic k drama mum has been able to be quite cliche or trope free. And I am ok that JH does not have much flaws.:lol:

come, while waiting for subs , you can try & see if JH is your type . I was sadly only 50% compatible. *cries*

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/21/quiz-compatible-jung-hae-in/

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching??

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

girlfriday

Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food: I’m behind on almost everything right now, but this show is making me swoon like a schoolgirl. Why do they have to be so charming? I squealed so hard when Sohn Ye-jin grabbed Jung Hae-in’s hand for the first time, on impulse and fueled by liquid courage. This show… it gives me butterflies.

cr

• Like 16

1 hour ago, 999hearts said:

My understanding was that JA was being defensive about what she had done with GM when they were a couple. She was embarrassed about it and asked JH questions about his past relationships making assumptions that all who had dated would do all those things. JH made a comment to say not really. JA then got even more embarrassed and frustrated. She tried to cover up by saying that she would not ask him to do those stuff....

JH decided that the conversation was going no where and suggested they go to bed instead.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. Thanks.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, triplem said:

I agree with @thi2018 . I’m hoping we or rather this drama can stay away from using ex partners / relationships as a plot device to create tension or progress. One ex is enough .So far this drama except for the materialistic k drama mum has been able to be quite cliche or trope free. And I am ok that JH does not have much flaws.:lol:

come, while waiting for subs , you can try & see if JH is your type . I was sadly only 50% compatible. *cries*

Yeayyyy I am 100% compatible with Jung Haen In......:blush:

• LOL 7

I am so far loving this series, the story is being laid out perfectly and the two leads have great chemistry.  Wow, after While You Were Sleeping, I would have imagined JHI being cast as leading man faster than the speed of light (he has great abs and he can act!!)!  Glad hough that he is partnered here with SHJ, cause they REALLY are making me swoon like a school girl (despite being an ahjumma already). Though I enjoy all their scenes, my favorite scene actually which kept me from re-watching it over and over, was when Jon-hee was with  Seyoung and Ms Geum in the elevator, he accepted readily Ms Geum's invitation to eat lunch, and then had that smile after the two girls exited.

I might say time to change my avatar now! Should be able to find a new pic of JHI, which might be staying there for a long time :):)

Edited by merlnpau
  • Like 10
  • LOL 6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRC9HeMD9TLotXlkNMvp5i30085135_2011519832448816_8231172718179931047168_199077067547787_554651196996137

"If I had to run
If I had to crawl
If I had to swim a hundred rivers
Just to climb a thousand walls
Always know that I would find a way
To get to where you are
There's no place that far
Credit  Sarah Evans

It's not just those moments in which this OTP makes you want to rush and grab someone or even a pillow anything to hold onto because you can see, feel and understand that feeling of wanting someone so intensely that being close is never close enough...

Yet even after the police station scene and watching JA & JH have to go their own way.  In that darkness within that car with her brother every part of JA is focused on one person JH its that they don't even have to be together to give you that feel of them reaching out for one another even through the darkness.  That feeling of no matter where they are or what they are doing or even whom they are with. It's the best part of loving someone completely.  It's not only about what you want but more about whom you  just need!!!  You see it's like her heart is shouting in silence to her brother when leaving him and rushing not even knowing in which direction to go as if her heart is moving faster than her feet in only knowing one thing whom she wants to be with....  JH...

And I think if there hadn't been a open spot in that fence.  Without a doubt JH would have climbed over it no matter the struggle to himself just to get to her...

It's where want turns into need, and need turns into passion...

What a view!!:wub:What a romance!!!:w00t:

• Like 17
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Took the quiz and got 75% compatibility. Then it hit me, how many of us have taken this quiz? LOL. We’re totally crazy over him. At this time, I am totally devouring anything about him. Is this what we call the “red umbrella” effect? hahaha :D

Dramaland is replete with exes who can’t get over their exes, which likewise echoes the real world but there are only few who would do crazy stuff like GM. He’s insane. He should be disbarred.

22 minutes ago, Cayu18 said:

I could see why he would get a upset. she might be feeling embarrassed by the fact that she let that scum take pictures of her in a compromising situation and she was probably trying to make herself feel better by say that lovers do that and then saying he might have done that in the past with a lover. This probably upset him because JH seems the type to be very careful and gentle in the way he treats his woman. so to him it's not okay. taking that type of picture is disrespectful I. His mind (and for her it probably was too). I feel like JA knows now after being treated with love and caring that the way she let others behave towards her before was wrong so now she feels embarrassed that she let it go one for so long. Jh has taken pictures of Ja but both pictures and drawing are sweet and more of a revering act which paints her in a sweet and beautiful light. A total contrast with GM. The problem with JA is probably related with how she is treated by her mom. Not saying that she believes that her mom does not love her but her mother treats her like JH should lower her head and take the crumbs offered by a man like GM because of his background regardless of how bad he treats her daughter. like JH is insignificant and should settle because she is not good enough for a better man. No wonder she let people step over her. Now JA has found someone who treats her with out most care and shows her how precious she is to him. she in turn understands now that she should treat herself as precious. I really can't wait for her mom to see the light of day. GM could have seriously hurt JA even killed her because of his stupid pride. He truly is the definition of cowardly. He was trying to scare JA and wanting to exert power over her by making her feel small and powerless in his car. I feel this guy needs punishment and I am not seeming it. What he did was illegal you can not hold someone against their will and JA asked him repeatedly to stop and he did not aside from that he has already tried to force himself on her being a lawyer it is even more disturbing that no one is using the law to rein this disgusting trash of a human in.

I am wholly with you. How others treat us largely depend on how we allow them to treat us. Although JH is younger than JA and GM, he shows more maturity than them in handling his relationship. Personally, I think it’s unwise to discuss in detail your dating history with your partner and also investigate on his dating history. Those skeletons in the closet are best to be buried. Similarly, assuming that others have done the same things that you did is also foolish coz that isn’t true all the time. We each have different personalities. 

Anyway, they are still at the beginning of their relationship. They are at the stage of testing the waters. If they are able to argue and disagree but still manage to make up and love each other, then they will surely last for a long time. 

I’ve had enough of GM. But I want to see who from JH’s side will rock their relationship. I understand  that KS will feel betrayed. Something is happening infront of your very eyes between two people whom you trust the most and yet they don’t trust you enough to tell you about them. She’ll sulk and feel bad but after sometime I am sure she’ll eventually come to grasp the reason behind their hesitance or their stalling from confiding with her earlier. Coz, those things aside, her dream is coming true, her brother is with a sensible and pretty girl and her bestfriend is with a man who can take good care of her. I don’t think KS will be a blockade. But if an ex will surface, I won’t mind as long as it is smoothly portrayed. What I mean is that the ex can only make a 30sec appearance to the max, wherein she shall be totally ignored by JH and JA will be assured that JH only has eyes for her. :tongue: 

• Like 10
  • LOL 7

45 minutes ago, Cayu18 said:

I could see why he would get a upset. she might be feeling embarrassed by the fact that she let that scum take pictures of her in a compromising situation and she was probably trying to make herself feel better by say that lovers do that and then saying he might have done that in the past with a lover. This probably upset him because JH seems the type to be very careful and gentle in the way he treats his woman. so to him it's not okay. taking that type of picture is disrespectful I. His mind (and for her it probably was too). I feel like JA knows now after being treated with love and caring that the way she let others behave towards her before was wrong so now she feels embarrassed that she let it go one for so long. Jh has taken pictures of Ja but both pictures and drawing are sweet and more of a revering act which paints her in a sweet and beautiful light. A total contrast with GM. The problem with JA is probably related with how she is treated by her mom. Not saying that she believes that her mom does not love her but her mother treats her like JH should lower her head and take the crumbs offered by a man like GM because of his background regardless of how bad he treats her daughter. like JH is insignificant and should settle because she is not good enough for a better man. No wonder she let people step over her. Now JA has found someone who treats her with out most care and shows her how precious she is to him. she in turn understands now that she should treat herself as precious. I really can't wait for her mom to see the light of day. GM could have seriously hurt JA even killed her because of his stupid pride. He truly is the definition of cowardly. He was trying to scare JA and wanting to exert power over her by making her feel small and powerless in his car. I feel this guy needs punishment and I am not seeming it. What he did was illegal you can not hold someone against their will and JA asked him repeatedly to stop and he did not aside from that he has already tried to force himself on her being a lawyer it is even more disturbing that no one is using the law to rein this disgusting trash of a human in.

To clarify, JA was really talking about having a joint account of sorts with GM when they were dating. That was somehow link to her handphone account. Thus, when she wanted to buy a new handphone and retain her account, it required GM’s signature. She didn’t want JH to know all that. She approached GM alone which led to him flexing his lack of muscles at her by driving (like a mad cow) and imprisoned her against her will.

After the whole car accident fiasco, JA met up with a more lucid GM at the bank to close their joint account and have it transferred to her instead. After which, she could buy her new handphone.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 7

I think I have to label this drama as „Sugar-loaded kdrama“ :D It is so so sweet.. they are as a couple.. and the drama really shows how they interact with each other as a couple.. 

So far, I don’t think I have watched a drama similar like this one concerning the bonding of a couple. 

Well, to be honest, my favorite ones are still episode 2-4.. it’s always interesting and enjoyable to watch how a man and a woman can fall in love and be a couple. 

When they already become a couple, it’s different story.. and this drama really offers sweetness of their OTP :wink: Even in episode 8, they are still like a fresh from the oven lovebirds :D 

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, triplem said:

100% :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@triplem, I’m 100% compatible. :wub: So now, where do I go actually meet him? :D 

Also, I want to express my appreciation yet again for how this director allows for longish scenes with minimal or no dialogue. The nonverbal acting and emoting is strong enough from this cast that we’re left in little doubt as to what they’re feeling and what is haapening. The scenery shots also contribute to the feelings of that moment.

Seeing GM’s car rushing through traffic, not just for a beat but for several seconds heightened the tension and anxiety of the scene, for instance, which JA then verbalizes as the scene goes to the car’s interior. Though even then, JA’s fear is palpable even when she’s not speaking.

It is effective storytelling using all the elements at their disposal.

And yes, I could have used a scene of JH and JA to illustrate my point, but then I would have gotten sidetracked into how adorable they are, even when they’re having a bit of a fight. :) 

• Like 11
  • LOL 10

I have taken the test and I am not compatible with him (so not compatible that I don't even have a %).

Well as a guy, it kind of make me happy and I would prefer to be compatible with Son Ye-jin personally.

• LOL 20

4 hours ago, Cayu18 said:

I feel like JA knows now after being treated with love and caring that the way she let others behave towards her before was wrong so now she feels embarrassed that she let it go one for so long. Jh has taken pictures of Ja but both pictures and drawing are sweet and more of a revering act which paints her in a sweet and beautiful light. A total contrast with GM. The problem with JA is probably related with how she is treated by her mom. Not saying that she believes that her mom does not love her but her mother treats her like JH should lower her head and take the crumbs offered by a man like GM because of his background regardless of how bad he treats her daughter. like JH is insignificant and should settle because she is not good enough for a better man. No wonder she let people step over her. Now JA has found someone who treats her with out most care and shows her how precious she is to him. she in turn understands now that she should treat herself as precious. I really can't wait for her mom to see the light of day. GM could have seriously hurt JA even killed her because of his stupid pride. He truly is the definition of cowardly. He was trying to scare JA and wanting to exert power over her by making her feel small and powerless in his car. I feel this guy needs punishment and I am not seeming it. What he did was illegal you can not hold someone against their will and JA asked him repeatedly to stop and he did not aside from that he has already tried to force himself on her being a lawyer it is even more disturbing that no one is using the law to rein this disgusting trash of a human in.

Yes, totally agree with you. I also wonder how much of that is cultural and social. One thing I like about this show is also the whole take on how women are treated by their family, their co-workers, their superiors too. I kept thinking of JA's brother, who keeps saying that JA always gets into trouble, etc. As if it is her fault. And yet he just beated the richard simmons out of GM... I think it shows how culturally and socially ingrained those comments are. So even though, yes, JA needs to like herself better for others to treat her better, but I also think it's a bit more complicated because even then, you have to struggle against cultural and social norms...

50 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, I want to express my appreciation yet again for how this director allows for longish scenes with minimal or no dialogue. The nonverbal acting and emoting is strong enough from this cast that we’re left in little doubt as to what they’re feeling and what is haapening. The scenery shots also contribute to the feelings of that moment.

YES! I watched all the subbed episodes (but one, trying to watch it slowly so I won't have to suffer too much waiting for subs...) in two days and that is the most stricking feature to me, the one I like the most. It makes me think of "In the Mood for Love" a bit; have you seen it? Like long moments with music, setting the mood. Those moments are very tender in this show.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@carolinedl SH looks down on JA because he has been influenced by his own mother. She keeps praising him and telling him how proud she is of him, whereas she always says negative comments about JA. Notice that there are some parallels between GM and SH. SH couldn't stand GM and didn't like JA being with him and there is a reason for it in my opinion. The origin of his desdain for GM was his mother. The mother had then only eyes for GM and less for SH. She could brag about GM (his social background, his family aso). No wonder that SH didn't care so much for his sister and her boyfriend. Deep down, he was jealous, although he is unaware of it. Once GM and JA were over, notice how SH's attitude changes. He reminded JA about her past behaviour with GM (she was so in love with GM and this guy was not worth it) and this underlines that he has now another point for criticizing his sister. Actually, he is not different from his mother. SH feels superior to his sister, yet he keeps relying on his mother all the time. The mother is responsible for his insensitive comments and behaviour. Right now, SH only knows a part of the wrongdoings GM did. Yet, SH implied that JA was somehow responsible for her misery. "Funny" is that GM is still in the mother's eyes best partner for her daughter so that she can brag around. I hope, her husband stops her at some point or she gets a huge disappointment in her son because so far, she has never favored JA. 

• Like 17

40 minutes ago, carolinedl said:

It makes me think of "In the Mood for Love" a bit; have you seen it? Like long moments with music, setting the mood. Those moments are very tender in this show.

Yes, it is reminiscent of a Wong War Kai movie. I loved "In the Mood for Love". Both Wong War Kai and Ahn Pan Seok seem to shoot such evocative, emotional scenes that are full of tension, sexual and otherwise, and doing it without dialogue to slap the viewers in the face with what it all means. They exercise the opposite of a blunt force instrument. :)

• Like 17

I found this link. Who do you think has the best chemistry with SYJ?

Rewatching ep 7 and 8. SYJ is full of charms and sexiness. Seriously, I cannot even handle it. How did JHI stay calm and act so well with her? It must be difficult for him. I pray for him to be able to continue staying calm :rolleyes: aigoo....

The newest JHI graduation picture from university  :) 

ct2g4o265g1232bs47er.jpg

Edited by triplem
Pls do not post consecutively within an hour . Edit to add
  • Like 11
  • LOL 7