Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

^ I think he took the US job for 3 years without asking JA first so in the preview he’s asking her if she thought of quitting her job and then he asked her to go with him.

TBH I hope she refuses seeing as she also refused moving in with him because she doesn’t wanna depend on him after she made the big speech to her parents. I know her job isn’t going well now as they’re already painting her as a “victim cosplayer” but if she goes with him she’ll have to depend on him even more.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Based on the preview, I bet Jin Ah will say no to Joon Hee's proposal of going together to overseas together. Maybe it will cause the time jump for 3 years? Seems that Jin Ah will not want to accompany him to the overseas. If they go together, what is more to tell in 2 episodes? Lol. 

Not like it matters at this point to be honest.

Not going to be much angst with 2 episodes to go lol.

• Like 5

seeing the preview for the next episode, I think they will separate. JH will go overseas. :(

My heart is breaking for JA too on what she's going through at work. I'm glad BR is with her. :(

How can a good ending with so many sub stories (needed closure)  be told in just 2 episodes?  :o

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, rain89 said:

^ I think he took the US job for 3 years without asking JA first so in the preview he’s asking her if she thought of quitting her job and then he asked her to go with him.

TBH I hope she refuses seeing as she also refused moving in with him because she doesn’t wanna depend on him after she made the big speech to her parents. I know her job isn’t going well now as they’re already painting her as a “victim cosplayer” but if she goes with him she’ll have to depend on him even more.

She can use some time apart from her garbage family .

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

JA and JH after another small tiff, talk about it outside the restaurant.

JH: Let’s go.
JA: You said you had to go back to the office, didn’t you? I’ll just take the subway home.
JH: No. It’s fine.
JA: I’m fine, too.
JH: Why are you being like that?
JA: Just because.
JH: It’s not just because.
JA: It’s uncomfortable.
JH: What is?
JA: Why are you pretending to be fine? You’re upset. Just be upset. You can go ahead and just say “why is your family just so awful to people’ . You don’t have to hold it in.
JH: Then will anything change?
JA: Then, don’t make it noticeable. What do you want me to do? The office, the family, and even you… What is it that you want from me? What do I have to do?
JA: I’m also a person. Do you know how often I want to just act out according to my temper?
(JH hugs JA)
JH: I’m sorry. I was a little frustrated. So, I was being a jerk. I’m sorry.
JH: I said I was sorry.
JA: Seo Joon Hee is really an idiot.
JH: I must be.
JA: I’m still going to take the subway anyway.
JH: I’ll take you home.
JA: No thanks.
JH: Stop being mad.

Little spats like this feel real to me. Not to mention, JA is done putting up with JH's passive displays of being upset. She called him on it, and I think she's right to do so, even if the way she does it is to have an upset of her own. :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 10

11 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Not like it matters at this point to be honest.

Lol maybe because it is just 2 episodes left that it does not really matter if the writer pulls a time-jump plot which I actually have always despised in a drama. A timejump for a better and richer Joon Hee? Okay, those might be important ingredients to create a happily ever after with Jin Ah's mom finally accepts him and treats him better because he has become richer and stable. Yeah I do need Joon Hee to become more focused on his work but I don't think he needs another time jump in US. But, once again, I do agree with you @dramaninja not that matters in just 2 episodes left lol. At least, this week we do see Jin Ah growing a bit by bit as a character especially tonight. They make Jin Ah stand for herself in front of her parents and she finally tells Joon Hee that sometimes she just wants to act out her anger. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

JA and JH go looking at apartments for JA.

JA: I have something to say.
Mother: There’s only one thing I want to hear from you. That you’re immediately -
JA: I’m leaving.
Father: Jin Ah!
JA: I’m leaving, but I need a little time. I can’t live on the streets. I have a lot of work. As soon as I can arrange it, I’ll leave.
Mother: Are you perhaps, using this as an opportunity to say “Oh boy! Here’s my chance”  and with that jerk Joon Hee… !
JA: Are you chasing me out, and then worrying about where I’ll end up now?
Mother: Hey!
JA: From now on, where Joon Hee and Kyung Sun are concerned, don’t even try to compliment them. Mom doesn’t even have that right any more. Dad is the same. Just leave them alone. And going forward, no matter how or with whom I live, it’s my matter and my problem. “We’re parents, so we can be like this.” will not be accepted any more. I absolutely won’t change my mind. Dad, don’t object. It’s true that I’m leaving because I fought with Mom, but I think of this as an opportunity. I want to be independent. Alone, I want to go into the world.

Broker: Towards this side, you see the park.
Broker: So, it’s very desirable.
JA: Can the deposit be reduced?

I have to applaud JA's move to gain independence. I mean she is 35 after all, plus established in her career, albeit a bit rocky for the time being. :) 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9

I really hate preview of this drama. It's always misleading and making us confused.  Now we need to wait another week to see if JH really goes somewhere... Lol

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

12 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

She can use some time apart from her garbage family .

Which is why she’s finding an apartment.

When she left home, she said using this opportunity she wants to become independent and “experience the world”. If she moves in with JH or runs away with him, she’ll have to depend on him seeing as she’s not gonna have a job and it’ll just be like moving from one sheltered life to another sheltered life.

Still I don’t want JH to go, this is why I really hate kdrama time jumps, it’s really unnecessary :(

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

JH proposes they live together. :D

JA: Let’s go.
JH: Why?
JA: It’s too expensive.
Broker: So, right now, it does look a bit run down. But with new paint on the walls and your own furniture, it’s perfect for living by yourself. And, the rent is also low.

Broker: If you go down half a staircase, it’s right there.
JH: Excuse me, I think we’ll be fine not going inside.
Broker: With the money that you’re thinking of, there really isn’t anything else. You have to choose from one of the ones you’ve seen.
JH: We’ll think about it a little more and get back in touch with you.

JA: If you say that none of them will do, then what do you want me to do? I only have so much money, so even if it’s not exactly what I want, there’s nothing that can be done about that. If I start being picky about every little thing, then there will be nothing that I can get.
JA: Don’t you think that I don’t want to live some place that is clean, safe, and with good parking? It’s just that I have to choose some place that fits my circumstances. How can everything be exactly as I want it?
JH: Let’s live together.

Okay, perhaps this was as driven by necessity as anything, but I think JH thinks of their living together as an eventuality anyway, so he's just moving up the timetable since he can't bear for JA to live somewhere where he'll be worrying about her all the time. :)

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 7

JA races out of her home to meet JH for a hug.

JA: This is totally enough. If I only have Seo Joon Hee, then I’m fine.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

At first, when I first listened to Stand by Your Man song, I heard the lyrics "if you love, you'll forgive him". The first time I listened to it was I kinda forgot whether it was in the first teasers of this drama or in the beginning episodes of this drama but at that time, I thought that Joon Hee's character would be the selfish type or immature because he was younger and seemed so free and nothing for him to worry about that Jin Ah had to forgive his immaturity and flaws.

But as I have been watching this drama until episode 14 though I still have not been able to watch the full episode, but I do think that the song should have been titled as "Stand by Your Woman". He made her stand up for herself, he made her learn her true worth as woman, he made her feel loved and let her love for him to be reciprocated that it should have been as it was not the case when she was in a relationship with Gyu Min. This drama has taught me that love can do wonders with its ordinariness.

They do not have to have either chaebols or geniuses or someone with special ability like being able to read other's mind or see the future or have an extraordinary power for their characters to be able to do wonders for the love. They are just ordinary characters with outstanding ability to show 2 people in love who can grow with love. 

44 minutes ago, bugcie said:

How can a good ending with so many sub stories (needed closure)  be told in just 2 episodes?  :o

Kdramas always tend to have endings which do not have full closures of all the sub plots. They always have plot holes whether it is for the sake of a happy ending or it is because the duration is not enough for the full closures. But I do hope that the writer of this drama will do justice for all the chatacters and subplots even if it is not perfect. Also, I want to see Seung Ho more. He seems so suffocated with his family.

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JA races out of her home to meet JH for a hug.

JA: This is totally enough. If I only have Seo Joon Hee, then I’m fine.

Can they just team up for another melodrama? They are just too good in melodramatic scenes like this. Are you guys feeling the same with me that they really match each other in terms of chemistry.

I have seen Son Ye Jin with Jung Woo Sung, Cho Seung Woo, Bae Yong Jun, Song Seung Hun, Song Il Gook, Lee Min Ho, and Jung Hae In and I must say her best onscreen partners are Jung Woo Sung, Cho Seung Woo, and Jung Hae In. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1

My version for the next two episodes LOL. Jun Hee goes to China for 3 months, it gives them some space for clearing head etc. While Jin-Ah fixing her problem in her company. And then Jin-ah comes to visit Jun Hee in China, get married and living in Jeju. After sometimes, in 2018, her mum finally giving in and wondering how’s their lives and decided comes to visit.

Feel free with your own interpretations and expectations next week :D 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

JH asks for a transfer back to the American office. JA decides on an apartment.

CEO: When you request to see me, I start by becoming frightened. So, what kind of a fuss did you want to create now?
JH: Please send me back to the US office. If possible, as quickly as possible.
CEO: Since you know since you already went, it’s at least three years that you would need to be there.
JH: The longer it’s for, the better it is.
CEO: What’s the reason? Are you running away from something?
JH: Something like that.
CEO: You’re the one who used to protest even going to China because of a woman.
JH: I want to go together, with my girlfriend.

JA: It’s clean and bright.
Broker: It is, isn’t it?
Broker: There was a client who came in the morning as well and liked it so much, she said that she would return tonight to sign the contract. However, I dragged it out a bit.
JA: I’ll take this place.

I would be a lot happier if JH had discussed it with JA first before requesting the assignment.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9

I can't believe that OTP will be separate for 3 long years... how could they be together ? Hope next week writernim will surprise us with an unforgettable ending!!:D

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

I can't believe that OTP will be separate for 3 long years... how could they be together ? Hope next week writernim will surprise us with an unforgettable ending!!:D

I assume that they will go separate way.. and the finale they will meet again 3 years later in Jeju accidentally.. sounds familiar right? Hahaa.. thats actually the ending of Winter Sonata.. they met and the drama end.

I'm a bit dissapointed if writer just give us an ending like that.. we deserve more ! 

I wanna see a marriage hahaha..

But there is a chance of marriage since we already saw the pics before that SH wearing a formal suit :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Preview Episode 15

Preview Episode 15
JH: Have you ever thought of quitting the office?
JA: Are you saying we should run away?
KS: What in the world are you thinking to do?
Nam: Playacting to be a victim, you’ve done as much as you could!
Choi: He’s even thinking of suing for defamation.
CEO: So, only if there is a total uproar will you be satisfied? Just because I kept complimenting you…
JH: It’s not that I have to do it for you, it’s that I’m going to do it. Whatever I can do. Everything. Anything.
JA: Am I pretty?
JH: Those eyes who keep expecting us to split apart, I can’t endure them any longer.
SC: Do you really think you can go to America?
JA: This is a place where Mom won’t let Joon Hee even step a foot in. I want to see him, so what can I do. I have to go out.
JH: Let’s go. Us.

So, for finale week, it seems the big question is whether JH goes to America and whether JA agrees to go with him.

Also, it seems that the tide has turned in the office where now JA may be sued for defamation by one of the men (Director Nam probably) who sexually harassed her in the first place. However, the CEO is now fed up with the whole thing and no longer supportive, and apparently is scolding VP Jung for wanting to pursue it any further.

Watching JA get crucified that way also reinforces to the women employees that they were right for having protected their jobs instead of sticking their necks out with JA. Man, I really, really hate SY right now. SY isn't particularly smart or anything, but she is self-serving first and foremost, especially not liking that JA took a man away that SY had her eye on.

So, that's the other big denouement for finale week. It pains me to say that it's probably more realistic that JA get blackballed in SK offices as a troublemaker, but I hope for the sake of women who suffer through that stuff that it gives us a different realistic ending, though I'm not even going to hope for all the women in that office finally developing a spine and a conscience.

I don't know if JA is going to go with JH, or if JH will end up having to go alone after all because JA refuses to go with him. So, perhaps there will be a 3 year time jump, i.e. the amount of time that JH has to go to America? Though, it would be better if JA went with him, and they both returned after 3 years, happy and confident. :)

But, overall, I'm still okay even if the OTP live in different countries for 3 years. I'm not expecting something unrealistic where they don't see each other for 3 years, but rather that even if they're separated, that they stay in touch and visit each other, and carry on having a relationship. Maybe the Jeju Island scenes will be their Korean wedding finally since they've manage to stay together through hell and high water by then?

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 7

21 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

I assume that they will go separate way.. and the finale they will meet again 3 years later in Jeju accidentally.. sounds familiar right? Hahaa.. thats actually the ending of Winter Sonata.. they met and the drama end.

I'm a bit dissapointed if writer just give us an ending like that.. we deserve more ! 

I wanna see a marriage hahaha..

But there is a chance of marriage since we already saw the pics before that SH wearing a formal suit :D

Lol not with the Winter Sonata ending but it was so much better compared to another drama when the leads just met in the last 5 minutes and they were just staring and smiling to each other while standing apart for quite far from each other. At least in Winter Sonata, they finally got together and kissed passionately in the end with the sunset as the background. If Pretty Noona goes with that ending, I bet the writer will not make it to be a top writer in the future since she/he is a newbie if I am not mistaken lol 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

@stroppyse thank you for translating the recap it likes a glass of ice water in the sahara desert hehehe... if I'm not mistake I read in here but I forgot what pages, the director talk about there is no time jump, cmiiw :D

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Lol not with the Winter Sonata ending but it was so much better compared to another drama when the leads just meet in the last 5 minutes and they were just staring and smiling to each other while standing apart for quite far from each other. At least in Winter Sonata, they finally got together and kissed passionately in the end with the sunset as the background. If Pretty Noona goes with that ending, I bet the writer will not make it to be a top writer in the future since she/he is a newbie if I am not mistaken lol 

Yeah thats the ending I hate the most.. meet up in the very last minutes only staring to each other (On the way to the airport) hahahha.. but the winter sonata ending also too short for me, its not even 5 minutes :D i want moooore hahaha

I like this drama so much, the ending better be good hahaha.. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2