Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

@Visually-wandering Yaaaaa , your second still is so clear !!! They are making me squeal!

Wow look at the fans camping outside to watch the filming. 

@kaoriharang @USAFarmgirl Ok after this weekend’s episodes we’ll make some guesses ! 

18 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

ok, just finished episode 3 here.. so much chemistry!! they are so adorable :wink: I wonder whether I can handle episode 4 :D 

How much age difference are they in the drama? JA is 35, right? 

She’s 35 & he is 31 . That was based on the synopsis given by jTBc 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, triplem said:

I don't think age will be the biggest hurdle. Their families will and also if they are headed the same direction in terms of what they want from the relationship.  I'm just speculating - for instance she maybe want marriage to be on the cards. Maybe he doesn't ...that sort of thing. Wait till the sis finds out....ahahahah....that will be somewhat awkward - your baby bro and bestie are dating! :lol:

So shall we bet how many kisses we will have by the end of the drama????

I agree with you. The age gap is not so big like in "What's up Fox". I see the difficulties will be the acceptance from both families. I don't think that JH's sister will accept it so easily, especially after getting to know JA's colleague, KSY. The latter will manipulate her in my opinion. Besides JH and JA hid it from her first.

Then the mother has such expectations that she won't accept JH as he doesn't fit the profile. The mother wants to brag about her son-in-law (family, finances, social status aso).

I do think that the colleague KSY will try to disturb JA's work as well. KSY has always been selfish and made sure to tarnish JA's reputation. She was the one who somehow gave JA's nickname for her bad reputation. KSY has always used people and so far, JA has always been nice towards her. She helped her many times... I am expecting a confrontation.

On the other hand, I believe that her co-worker LYE will support her. Since both LYE and SC had a similar interaction with the OTP, interrupting the sweet scene between JA and JH (drunk and saying that they love them), I have the feeling that SC and YE could end up together. Right now, SC is focused on KSY but he doesn't know her true character. He hasn't realized that she is not interested in him at all. She just used him in order to get close to JH. Once he gets aware that she is meddling in JH's love life, I am sure that he will be hurt and choose JH's side.  

About the marriage: This could be a problem but to me, it doesn't look like one here right now because JA is not even thinking about marriage. Notice that even with LKM, she wasn't even talking and thinking about marriage. It was only her mother pushing for it.  

@kaoriharang I wanted to watch it but since there were no subtitles... I had dropped it. So when the episodes were subtitled, I started immediately. I really love the cinematography and the characters.

Actually, if JA has become a doormat, it is because of her surroundings. Her mother kept telling her how good KM was and kept criticising her daughter for her temper, for her situation aso. She made sure that JA started losing confidence and KM had a similar behaviour. No wonder, if JA had become so passive. Meeting JH was a good thing because he met her feel good and special. JA realized that she wasn't so bad, rather that KM was the one who turned her into a doll and puppet. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, jeijei said:

Thank you so much !

I can't wait to dive into this drama fully and re watch every scene 10 times and over think about everything :D

Just waiting for my last exam to get over and hopefully I can help out with all the theories and (I'm overestimating my abilities here, but) maybe the subs. 

• Like 5

K-DRAMA REACTION: PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD | EPISODE 3

If Gyu-min never cheated on Jin-a, I’ll probably feel a pinch of pity for him. But he’s a d-bag all over! It’s one thing to cheat on your relationship, but to insult your girl!?? That says a lot about your rotten personality. I’m just happy Jin-a was not shaken with his words and came out strong after their fight.

Pretty Noona 3 (4)

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/12/k-drama-reaction-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food-episode-3/

Jin-a getting all giddy while hugging that drawing is ME HUGGING MY PHONE WHENEVER I SEE THAT A NEW EPISODE OF PRETTY NOONA HAS BEEN SUBBED.

Pretty Noona 3 (1)

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm in love with this drama so far. It looks like there are so many lovey dovey scenes coming up. I just hope and crossing my fingers this drama is not gonna turn into those same old kdramas where parents and siblings become that blockers starting from about ep 8 and drag that scenario 'till the end like ep 15 for 16 eps. If this drama seems to be headed that way, I'm so dropping it. I really don't need that extra stress during my finals, lol. I mean it seems to me these cable TV channels have been great at staying away from the mainstream channels' drama style so far. So.....

giphy.gif

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

Done with episode 4! Thanks God I found one with Bahasa Indonesia sub :) 

Wow, I kept smiling watching episode 4. His smile is really something :wink: 

Actually this drama is really fast, with the OTP already together in first 4 episodes. Makes me wondering what kind of conflicts they will have after this. First, family reaction. Especially her mother. I can’t predict his sister’s reaction. For sure, she will be shocked. They are practically family actually. Second, her colleagues. 

Can’t wait for the next episodes :D They are so being in love :) 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

I think there will be one bed scene this week.

I screenshot the scene from the preview and did editing on the brightness. Just swiped for the second pict -_-.

@triplem please do check it out also and say what you think about it.

I totally think there will be a bed scene in the next episode. I saw that shot in the preview as well. :wub:

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't think that JH's sister will accept it so easily, especially after getting to know JA's colleague, KSY. The latter will manipulate her in my opinion. Besides JH and JA hid it from her first.

I was thinking that SY would present herself to KS as someone who was perfect for JH, and interfere in that way. SY is clearly angling to get close to KS since JH isn't really giving her much attention.

I do think SY is selfish, and has a bit of an all's fair in love and war ethos, so I doubt that even finding out that JH and JA are together is going to stop her from trying to take him away.

On the other hand, I believe that her co-worker LYE will support her. Since both LYE and SC had a similar interaction with the OTP, interrupting the sweet scene between JA and JH (drunk and saying that they love them), I have the feeling that SC and YE could end up together. Right now, SC is focused on KSY but he doesn't know her true character. He hasn't realized that she is not interested in him at all. She just used him in order to get close to JH. Once he gets aware that she is meddling in JH's love life, I am sure that he will be hurt and choose JH's side.  

Actually, I was kind of low key shipping YE with her colleague Dong Woo, but YE and SC could be a cute pairing. DW has had a low key role thus far, but he just seems like such a nice guy, reliable, polite and cute. SC is still a bit of a kid who seems to only care about looks. So, given that I really like YE's character, if she is going to be with SC, then I need him to grow up a lot to be worthy. :)

Actually, if JA has become a doormat, it is because of her surroundings. Her mother kept telling her how good KM was and kept criticising her daughter for her temper, for her situation aso. She made sure that JA started losing confidence and KM had a similar behaviour. No wonder, if JA had become so passive. Meeting JH was a good thing because he met her feel good and special. JA realized that she wasn't so bad, rather that KM was the one who turned her into a doll and puppet. 

I agree with this. JA has clearly been raised in a household where men come first, at least where the children are involved. Her mother sounds as if she's been constantly critical of JA versus her unchecked adoration of her son SH. Being raised as a girl who is constantly told to be nice and the way to get approval is to be nice and willing, it would have formed a large part of her personality that carried into her adult and work lives. Her mother harping on how great GM is and how much better his circumstances and family is wouldn't have helped JA either. In one sense, JA's mother is right in that if they had been a richer, more prominent family, then JA probably not have had to deal with a cheating boyfriend because any boyfriend of hers wouldn't have dared, however she's losing sight of the fact that in that case, none of them would be themselves either. (This is a common "discussion point" at least with overbearing mothers. :) )

Anyway, JH has already been so good for JA, from the time that he proposed breaking taboos by having a glass of wine during working hours. And his unabashed admiration just helps to feel special and fearless, it seems. While I would hope that she could feel all that even without JH, it's still steps to regaining her confidence back totally.

35 minutes ago, ilu2 said:

I'm in love with this drama so far. It looks like there are so many lovey dovey scenes coming up. I just hope and crossing my fingers this drama is not gonna turn into those same old kdramas where parents and siblings become that blockers starting from about ep 8 and drag that scenario 'till the end like ep 15 for 16 eps. If this drama seems to be headed that way, I'm so dropping it. I really don't need that extra stress during my finals, lol. I mean it seems to me these cable TV channels have been great at staying away from the mainstream channels' drama style so far. So.....

Unfortunately, since this is a romantic drama, the angst is going to come, and it's going to be layered and tricky, and we're all probably going to cry buckets before it's done. You just have to choose your pain.

For me, as long as the OTP can be clear about absolutely wanting to be together and working out their issues as a team, I'm okay with whatever angst might be thrown at them. I just don't like one of them unilaterally deciding to end it for the other person's good, i.e. a fit of noble idiocy. Their relationship once it becomes public isn't going to be easy, and I can see estrangements and hurt feelings everywhere for lots of reasons, but hopefully, the OTP will weather that together rather than apart. As long as they're still trying to be together, I'm on for the ride. :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

This OTP is seriously going to kill me with their cuteness both on screen and off, even though I have no idea what direction this drama is going to take. I did a translation for the First Kiss Scene BTS video. The translation is in the spoiler since it's kind of long.

Spoiler

caption: Even the people watching feel flutterings.
caption: Jin Ah-Joon Hee Couple’s first kiss scene BTS
caption: Is starting from now~!

caption: Joon Hee, Jin Ah
JA: I’m not that small, am I? (captioned)
JA: Should I be smaller? (me: note she crouches down thinking she should be shorter at first.)
caption: (Think she’s going to have to become smaller.)
JA: I need to be slender?
caption: Being small means being slender.
Director: Yes, slender.
JH caption: (Is the kiss like this?)
Director: (being salty) aigoo… (captioned)
Director: Don’t do it now. K K  K K K (captioned)
Director: Do it well.
JA caption: (something is missing)
JA: Oh, I should have had a drink of alcohol before we shot this. K K K K
Director: (happily) Should I get you a drink of alcohol?

Director: Bring 3 cans of beer~ (captioned)
caption: 3 cans?
JH: One can for the Director, one can for me, one can for noona.
caption: Director’s, Joon Hee’s, Jin Ah’s
JA: That’s right. That’s right.
caption: A beer party as Jin Ah had wanted
caption: beer
JA: I’m drinking this beer as if I were drinking a yoghurt. K K K K (captioned)
JH: (surely not) Is that a straw? K K (captioned) It is. It’s a straw.
JA: (sweet tip) They say if you drink it like this, then you can get drunk fast. (captioned)
JH: Oh, really?
JA: Yes
caption: This situation is very funny.
JA: I’m doing all sorts of things. Doing all sorts of things.
Director: Sit down and drink~ (captioned) Don’t just stand up and drink.
JA: No, Director… (captioned)
JA: I prefer to stand… (captioned)
JA caption: #getting into the mood_JinAh

JA: Is it like this or…
Director: You have to both do it rhythmically together. (captioned) Are you going to do it alone?
caption: (Rhythmically… like this?)
Director: This has to be rhythmical movement together.
Director: That’s right. That’s good.
caption: This is exactly Rhythmical Hugging.
JA: Noona has to be on this side? This side?
caption: Figuring out the kiss logistics, Joon Hee
Director: It doesn’t matter which side.
Director: Do it as you feel it in the moment~ (captioned)
Director caption: (explaining the kiss scene, Director)
Director: Like this as you
Director: …grapple… (captioned as …grapple (?))
caption: (Grapple…?)
JA: Grapple… (captioned)
JA: We agreed not to do that, Director. K K K (captioned)
caption: Suddenly changing his words, the Director? K K
JA: We talked about that before, Director. K K K (captioned)
JA: Then can we just do it in crazy fashion, Director?
caption: (Passionately) Then can we go at it in crazy fashion? (caption)
(me: JA seems to be asking whether they should be going all out in displaying passion on the kiss scene after all, whereas I guess before they had talked about making it a more sweet kiss rather than a physically passionate kiss.)
Director: Well, it’s a first kiss.
caption: Jin Ah causes an explosion. (me: Think they mean an explosion of laughter with her comment to go all out on kissing.)
JA: (making sure) The first kiss isn’t usually that fierce~
Director: That’s true.
caption: The first kiss is not fierce. Success at ascertaining the Director of this. K K
JH: (Joon Hee is on Jin Ah’s side) Since there is some shivering. (me: Meaning, there are nerves involved in the first kiss)
JA: Yes. Yes.
Director: Are you cold?
caption: (Since it’s also getting colder, time to start shooting.)
JA: Yes. Yes.
Director: Shall we start then?
Yes.
Staff: Let’s go.
JA: (dizzy) I could even fall in~ (captioned)
JA: (ouch) To the bottom~ (captioned)
caption: (Being cute, one more time (heart))

caption: Huh..? What is this pose?
caption: Is That So game..?
JA: Why are you holding my hands this way? K K K (captioned)
caption: (type - rhythmical) Having even thought of keeping her warm, Joon Hee’s jacket hug
JA caption: (fitting in)
JA: How far do I go? K K K K K (me: I think she’s talking about how deeply into the embrace she’s supposed to go.)
JA: (coaching) I think grabbing me faster would look prettier.
JA caption: (whipping around)
caption: (Joon Hee’s heart pounding)
caption: As per Jin Ah’s coaching, an embrace that happened more quickly than before.
JH caption: (fixing her hair (heart)
caption: Finally, heart throbbing Jin Ah&Joon Hee’s first kiss (heart)
caption: From a different angle, one more time. (heart)
caption: As befitting a pretty couple, the first kiss scene is also pretty, Jin Ah & Joon Hee Couple.
Director: (satisfied) Hey~ You did well~ (captioned)
JH and JA captions: (laughter)

JA: Acting embarrassed was very difficult. (captioned as Acting embarrassed (?) was very difficult. K K )
caption: Definitely, forceful Jin Ah. (me: The descriptor they use means that she has an opinion and gets her way.)
caption: Using the sea as a background to take a photo, the two people.
JA caption: V (me: meaning make a V with her fingers for the photo)
JH caption: (Taking Jin Ah’s photo, Joon Hee.)
JA caption: (click) (click)
caption: (Take good pictures, Joon Hee)
JA: (because she’s cold) Kyaack~ (captioned)
Director: Let’s go. Let’s go.

caption: After the shooting is done, the two people who have come to eat the ramen that the staff had prepared.
JA: This is too funny here.  (captioned)
Director: Here! Let’s all take a photo together~ (captioned)

JH&JA caption: (Jin Ah and Joon Hee selfie time)
JH: Director, let’s take a photo~ (captioned)
Director: Let’s do that.
caption: Ramen, sea, photo.. Success (star)
Staff: Everyone!
Director: Make everyone come over and eat.
JH caption: (chewing)
JH caption: (ham is the best)
Director: There are still people over there. Over there.
Staff: The two people today, you drank some alcohol~ (captioned)
Staff: you ate some ramen~ (captioned)
Staff: And, tomorrow… (me: LOL. The infamous alcohol and ramen date reference?)
JA: (This isn’t shooting) This is playing. Really.
Director: Bo Ra, this is really delicious.
BR (Staff): Thanks.
caption: It’s in the middle of shooting the drama, but it feels as if they’ve come camping.
JH caption: (slurping it up)
JH caption: (choking)
JA: The black pepper is no joke, isn’t it? (captioned)
JH caption: (feels as if he could die)
JH: It was about to come out of my nose (captioned as It was about to come (?) out of my nose. K K)
JH caption: (cough) (cough)
JA: (Joon Hee-ya) Don’t die. K K (captioned)
Director: Where is the sesame seed oil?
JA: (noticing the camera) Please come eat! (captioned)
caption: The staff who are shooting, worried that they might not get to eat, Jin Ah.
JA: (Hurry) come and eat~ (captioned)
JA: So busy shooting… (captioned)
JA: (concerned) even shooting this… (captioned)
JA: Eat~ What are we shooting tomorrow? (captioned)
JA: Congratulations (captioned as Congratulations (?))
caption: Congratulating Joon Hee who isn’t able to eat a lot because of the shooting (?), Jin Ah
JA: (teasing) Then, don’t eat. (captioned)
caption: Jin Ah-Joon Hee Couple’s playful chemistry!
caption: If you want to see more, watch the <Pretty Noona> broadcasts (heart)

This BTS was interesting for so many reasons actually. First, the chemistry between JHI and SYJ was off the charts, even out of character. SYJ is definitely the veteran actress and star of this drama, however, as she takes the lead in talking to the director about how she thinks a scene should go, as well as giving JHI tips on what would make the scene better. The BTS actually comments on how strong a personality SYJ is. JHI as the junior, younger, newer actor is properly deferential in some ways and yet there is definitely a closeness there. He addresses SYJ as noona and speaks to her respectfully, however, he also feels comfortable in fixing her hair for her. She clearly likes to tease him. I don't think he's yet at the point where he's comfortable teasing her, but he clearly admires her and seems almost smitten by her.

The camping scene with the staff was also fun to watch, because SYJ and JHI not only interact with each other, but also the director and the staff, and everyone seems to be pretty comfortable in general. Both SYJ and the Director, both veterans of many productions, take time to show care for the staff.

Also, it totally made me laugh, when SYJ mentioned wishing she had had a drink before the kiss scene, and then the Director calls for 3 cans of beer to be brought over: one for him, one for JHI, and one for SYJ. LOL. While they are all eminently professional, there is a looseness to the set which is interesting to watch. They really seem as if they're having fun.

Anyway, another episode of Pretty Noona awaits us tomorrow. :)

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

@yaselin @sophierai21 Thank you both for subbing thislove-kiss-red-crab-emoticon.gif I'm so grateful chingus that you are doing this. I'll come back tomorrow after I've had a chance to watch it w/subs. Thanks again. 

Edited by evie7
clicked on save too soon
  • Like 5

I'm super excited!!! So much love in today episode :wub:. We have been waiting for a week, only a few more hours...(I hope this pictures are from today episode, but maybe they are from tomorrow one)

0003759584_001_20180413080807505.jpg

Source

Edited by dulcinea1
Edit: Naver and google translate have already told me that this images are from episode 5
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4

@triplem, @bebebisous33 & @stroppyse:

Oooohhhh.... we r going to guess  what really they will struggle with as a couple...I agree. Age is not really the issue here. I see this drama as one that questions society’s culture taboos. Not an all-out, clear-cut taboo like an affair but a more ambiguous, unspoken one; I think the issue here is falling in love with “family” in this case your younger “Brother” or older “Sister”. Several characters in the drama talked about how close the two families’ siblings are and for them that seemed to suggest they r family in the eyes of many (friends, colleagues, neighbours, relatives and even themselves). 

I found it interesting that PD and writer r tackling this cultural taboo. If we really think about it, this relationship shouldn’t be an issue as it is not morally wrong but when two families are so close, the families see each other as part of the family, it becomes an issue.

JA questioned this and felt guilty initiating the hand-holding. JH rebutted and expressed that they did not do anything illegal.

Sometimes, personal preference becomes a cultural taboo becomes a moral issue. If we are unaware and don’t question it, we become judgmental.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

YAY!!! ... less than a day left to our favorite couple. :wub:

And loads of skinship in store. :lol:

This drama is so bringing many Soompiers who have been in hiberation (even if watching some dramas -  NOT all are worth the bother of commenting on these days, or fighting with the Twilight Zone tech mysteries of Soompi  (at least for me - 3rd or 4th account since 2000s).

Woohop, all set up with Soompi account #3 or #4 now ... and totally enjoying the Pretty Noona ride!

THANKS everyone - helpful souls with videos and Chinese subbing sources ...  fun comments to read .... and gorgeous eye-candy with all the new stills and videos. And as always - for all the translations!   :heart:

• Like 10

@luvhollandlop I agree about what you says about age is not really the issue here. I think problems will appear not only because of their families.

Although there's not a 'love triangle' here (which makes me happy), I think the other boy and the other girl haven't said their last word: her exboyfriend, her workmate (the one who is interested about JH), maybe another romantic interests could appear...But I hope our couple is strong and be together (but not boring, I really want some drama).

I have found a little better picture from tonight? episode. They look completely happy :wub:.20180413_085219000.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Logged in just for this..! 

Hae in is just soooo cute i want to bring and eat him home..!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, luvhollandlop said:

@triplem, @bebebisous33 & @stroppyse:

Oooohhhh.... we r going to guess  what really they will struggle with as a couple...I agree. Age is not really the issue here. I see this drama as one that questions society’s culture taboos. Not an all-out, clear-cut taboo like an affair but a more ambiguous, unspoken one; I think the issue here is falling in love with “family” in this case your younger “Brother” or older “Sister”. Several characters in the drama talked about how close the two families’ siblings are and for them that seemed to suggest they r family in the eyes of many (friends, colleagues, neighbours, relatives and even themselves). 

I found it interesting that PD and writer r tackling this cultural taboo. If we really think about it, this relationship shouldn’t be an issue as it is not morally wrong but when two families are so close, the families see each other as part of the family, it becomes an issue.

JA questioned this and felt guilty initiating the hand-holding. JH rebutted and expressed that they did not do anything illegal.

Sometimes, personal preference becomes a cultural taboo becomes a moral issue. If we are unaware and don’t question it, we become judgmental.

Actually, I"m not sure that I agree with you in terms of the types of taboos that are tackled in this drama. JH and JA may be as close as family given JA and KS's friendship and SH and JH's friendship, but there is no hint of JH and JA actually being family, nor really being seen as actual family by anyone. Even KS tells JH off for knowing the door passcode to someone else's house before she rings the doorbell instead.

The familiarity is a problem in that the friendships, in this case KS and JA mostly will be tested. SH and JH, while they are friends, are clearly not as close by how casually JH tells SH to stop being nosy about him. Also, JA's parents, or at least her mother, will have a conundrum since while she is going to be deadset against JH as a son-in-law for many reasons, including age and lack of family, she can't just flat out cause a scene when she had been proclaiming that KS and JH are as dear to her as her own children.

Even though we're downplaying it here on this thread, the age difference will be a serious issue for them to tackle. It would be treated as a serious issue in Korean society regardless of how much more acceptable it is becoming. It is still an outlier and not the norm. The 4-5 differences in their ages also point to whether they are in different places in their lives in terms of relationship and settling down. Yes, JA has said that she's not thinking marriage, however, that's not entirely true. She has never said she doesn't want marriage, so it really is a matter of finding someone right. For instance, if GM had proposed to JA instead of cheating on her, JA probably would have married him. In a way, JH is right that JA got lucky that GM made such a big mistake. Otherwise, she would have been saddled with a creep for a husband, especially since I can't imagine JA's mom being okay with a divorce if JA found out after marriage what a big creep GM was.

The age difference is not the same as in Witch's Romance where there was a 13-14 year gap between the man and the woman, I believe. However, that drama was played as a comedy, and while the OTP were cute onscreen, there was no shipping of the OTP pair by knetz. It simply wasn't considered a realistic pairing. In this drama, I think they are going for some verisimilitude, so I think they're going to have to tackle the age difference head on, along with the ramifications from their society.

I do agree that it will be more than the age difference that the OTP will have to work through, so they had better love each other very, very much in order to make all the angst that they are about to face and to cause worth it. :)

• Like 16

dears, I uploaded english translation for this drama in subscene with ID suga_buin, hope you enjoy the translation. 

I'm translating those from DSS Indonesia bahasa translation, but I make changes in few conversation so it can fit to it. 

Hope you guys enjoy it and please send me feed back to improve translation for next episodes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

@stroppyse thank you for adding the things lacking on my translation a few days ago :D I'm still not confident with my Korean so I don't translate much. But I try to help out so everyone can enjoy Pretty Noona together

---

Happy Pretty Noona Day!!!

AAAAHHHHH I'm so excited for this drama that I had to get out of my cave after more than a year of drama-dropping!!! JA & JH are so cute I couldn't care less about the age gap between them!!! *SQUEALLLL* :wub::wub::wub:

After watching four episodes of Pretty Noona numerous times (raw, engsub, idsub, the obsession is so real I obviously need help), here are some thoughts I acquired throughout the week:

• I'm still a bit taken aback by the amount of details that are usually overlooked in dramas: the multiple wear of coats, JA bringing a pair of sneakers to work(!!!), JA packing *actual* things into her work bag: work ID, charging cable, notebook, sneakers, as well as filler scenes of other characters doing their own thing. I honestly don't mind that each episode lasts about 1.5 hours. Props to everyone working hard on this drama!
  • Some of the sequence of actions are simple but very intricate like when JA is at the park: she's on the phone with YE, she hangs up, takes off her earphones, puts them into her bag, takes out her lunch, eats before getting interrupted by another call, wipes off her food, and so on. Maybe that's why I see some people complaining that Pretty Noona is slow? I don't think it's slow at all. It's somewhat calming. Having a busy life does this to me hahaha
  • I want to see a flashback to confirm my suspicion that JH has always had a little crush on JA. Maybe back then it was more like a dongsaeng's admiration towards his noona. Like JH said in ep 4, after all, "What kind of person who doesn't have a past?" Moreover, I wanna know who these Se Mi, So Jung, and those other girls in JH's life are and why do people around JH keep saying that he's a player???? I NEED TO KNOW JH'S PAST AND I DON'T KNOW WHY
  • Another thing I love: how JA & JH casually talk to each other in banmal and how fast JH is accustomed to JA & KS's Joseonmal antics. There is something about their closeness that I don't think is common in Korea (CMIIW) but fits all the requirements I want in a relationship. Them talking in banmal represents same-age closeness and years of friendship. It's one of the reasons why their transition to a romantic relationship is believable and more relatable to me.
  • Possible plots I can think of right now: JA's resignation, more psycho GM, more family drama, SY pursuing JH with KS's support, the return of JH & KS's dad, maybe a little angst here and there lol

It's too early to tell where Pretty Noona is going but I hope the PD and writer have a clear direction :)

• Like 15

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

==== >

The age difference is not the same as in Witch's Romance where there was a 13-14 year gap between the man and the woman, I believe. However, that drama was played as a comedy, and while the OTP were cute onscreen, there was no shipping of the OTP pair by knetz. It simply wasn't considered a realistic pairing. In this drama, I think they are going for some verisimilitude, so I think they're going to have to tackle the age difference head on, along with the ramifications from their society.

I do agree that it will be more than the age difference that the OTP will have to work through, so they had better love each other very, very much in order to make all the angst that they are about to face and to cause worth it. :)

Seriously,  13-14 years? in Witch's Romance? Whoa! ( Didn't realize or forgot - actually got it mixed up with Witch's Court)

I enjoyed Witch's Romance.  And also enjoyed Witch's Court too - another noona-dongseang and was nice to have an intelligent strong leading lady who stood for no nonsense and kicked ar*e. I so was shipping the couple, as were folks elsewhere in other forums - Dramabeans, and a couple of others ... with folks writing that they wished a little more couple moments were given to them.

Another show where it was Noona-Dongsaeng is Still Marry Me aka The Woman Who Still Wanted to Marry (Kim Bum, Park Jin-hee etc). Think he was something like 24 or 25 to her 35? 36 - significantly 9-10 yrs or so apart. The chronological age expectation issues of settling down, wanting a baby etc were very valid for her.  While he was still feeling his way around and exploring, a combination of early maturity combined with the impetuous impulsiveness of Youth ... and  adamant he was totally in love with her. His single mom was very against the relationship too, although ironically she ended up herself with a younger guy (Park Jin-hee's ex) herself.

I wasn't quite convinced with that drama's ending ... it was a more 'go with the flow' kinda resolution after a seperation.

While yes, unconventional age differences - while quite taboo in traditional patriarchal Korea ... but yet are becoming a little more common in Korean showbiz and accepted since the time of What's Up Fox days .... where it seemed to me like a wayyy bigger deal.

Offhand:

- Park Jin-hee herself, is married to a guy 5 years younger in real life. He was a lawyer, and now a judge - they already have 2 kids.

-  Baek Ji-young is married to Jung Suk-won, 9 yrs younger her junior

-  And of course more recently the adorably beautiful and so in love Song-Song couple. 

@ 999hearts:

Totally! So nodding to your wish to KNOW exactly that he was crushing on her since ... whenever. The bzbody voyeur in me wants to know how he survived for 3 yrs in US without his Noona nearby or being able to see her;  as she was obviously someone this puppydog had missed very dearly ... and was so happy to look up and spend ALL his time with,  when he returned.  His radar is so totally tuned to everything JA - anytime his sister mentions JA -   his ears pricks up, and he reacts - whether to laugh, be concerned or mad and jealous :wub:

• Like 10

Rather than bet how many kisses till the end of the drama. we should do it by episodes or week.

You get the bet rolling I will jump in gladly, @triplem there definitely needs to be some reward and punishment :tongue:

4 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

I'm super excited!!! So much love in today episode :wub:. We have been waiting for a week, only a few more hours...(I hope this pictures are from today episode, but maybe they are from tomorrow one)

oh my oh my, thanks for the still.

giphy.gif

haha i have to say I am really happy that @bebebisous33 @stroppyse and @triplem are here, its like we have a super team. :tongue:

Same, I too was waiting for the subs but it took awhile to get here.

Though I dont think age is going to be a huge issue. Since afterall they have been friends JH's sister and JA, there will be some friction because I mean they did hide it plus like you said, the mother has specific ideas of what she wants in a son-in-law.

That is true, KSY seems to be rather destructive towards JA, the rather scary thing is that she hides behind a smile and all that. Goodness knows she will be plotting something.

I get why she becomes one, true like you said there the people around here, but also I mean I think she is someone who doesnt want confrontation and all that drama that goes with it. She just goes along just to make sure she has some peace.

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you. The age gap is not so big like in "What's up Fox". I see the difficulties will be the acceptance from both families. I don't think that JH's sister will accept it so easily, especially after getting to know JA's colleague, KSY. The latter will manipulate her in my opinion. Besides JH and JA hid it from her first.

Then the mother has such expectations that she won't accept JH as he doesn't fit the profile. The mother wants to brag about her son-in-law (family, finances, social status aso).

I do think that the colleague KSY will try to disturb JA's work as well. KSY has always been selfish and made sure to tarnish JA's reputation. She was the one who somehow gave JA's nickname for her bad reputation. KSY has always used people and so far, JA has always been nice towards her. She helped her many times... I am expecting a confrontation.

About the marriage: This could be a problem but to me, it doesn't look like one here right now because JA is not even thinking about marriage. Notice that even with LKM, she wasn't even talking and thinking about marriage. It was only her mother pushing for it.  

@kaoriharang I wanted to watch it but since there were no subtitles... I had dropped it. So when the episodes were subtitled, I started immediately. I really love the cinematography and the characters.

• Like 8