Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

MUCH THANKS stroppyse and Bissu for all efforts with

translation recaps! :wub:

I have  :wub:  both wks' previews. And still loving the entire journey, raws or not.

Hopefully JH doesn't go all impulse-ragey to drastically jeopardize anything in her workplace. At least her mom isn't on her case about her job currently.

If she loses that, and JH is instrumental  ... instead of seeing it as 'saving her daughter' ... it may go the wrong way.

It would have been fun to stretch the teasing one more episode. Or to keep smitten puppydog JH wondering and on his toes - so enjoyable to watch. Juz sayin'  ... not complaining. :tongue:

Then again, there were folks elsewhere who found the first 2 episodes of the Sweets too  boring already. 4 and beyond would have been overkill.

• Like 8

OK these two are too sweet its giving me tooth ache. I knew they will have good chemistry but this is on a completely different level. And the acting is without a doubt faultless. I expected it of SYJ but JHI has taken a big leap from what he did in WYWS(I didn't watch PP).

Before they confirmed their feelings .....there was always a bit of awkwardness between them.....a kind of awareness of each other that usually only people who are attracted to each other show signs of. In front of each other they both behaved as if nothings wrong with their equation but alone all those hidden, unrealized feelings came out for us to see....also a very good job by JHI in portraying those sometimes subtle and sometimes obvious shift in his expressions whenever JA is mentioned or is near him.

I'm a huge fan of SYJ....but I have to say I'm paying more attention to JHI in this....JH is just such a charmer..and also maybe coz his character has more layers.....I also noticed that JH has quite a temper.....Like in the preview of ep 5...he destroying someones office....must be GM and a bouquet of flowers get trashed by him while JA brother is standing by him....

I mentioned this because I have a very bad feeling about the ex. It doesn't seem he's going to stop soon...not after what happened in todays epi.....and with JA and JH now being together is going to aggravate him more.... I'm dreading what will come after he finds out about them.

Anyways I'm enjoying this show a lot....even without subs. A big thanks to @stroppyse and @Bissu for translating the clips....

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Hiya. Since this drama doesn't have subs (as yet), I've been trying to translate all of the clips that JTBC released and in the order that they released them in since that follows the order of the scenes in the episodes. 

However, I see that @Bissu has very nicely translated clips already which I didn't notice since I was translating and posting without reading the thread. Since the thread has attracted more translators now, I may stop trying to translate every clip then and not worry about the order of the clips as I translate starting from next week. :)

Actual commentary on episode 4 later, but I just want to say yet again how adorable JA and JH are. When they're on screen, it becomes all about them and their little intimacies as they get closer. I loved episodes 3 and 4 especially as they're trying to figure out their timings on their way to becoming an actual couple. And, the kiss scene was so good and felt natural and realistic for two adults who are grown up and want each other. :wub:

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

@stroppyse Sorry to bump in unexpectedly and not keep the order of the clips lol, I thought translating starting from the last scene uploaded would be helpful so we didn't overlap and you could've saved some time.

I'd say that whether I translate or not, you should keep doing it since there will be points I may miss and it's always nice to have different interpretations/sources. 

Of course if you want to stop, maybe I can suggest to you that we split up the clips instead (6 each?). It'll be quicker and more efficient that way. Let me know what you think :)

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I have read the Live Recaps at Bah + Doo ... as well as Soompi's live recappers. Now just starting my Raws of Ep 4 watching.

Random Thoughts:

= Our boy never misses a beat, hahahah!  :tongue: Once he got over his initial shock and hiccuping over her bold move ... he was quick to grab her hand, and totally enjoying the whole situation (and his lip smacking glee trying to hold it in, and watching HER get surprised instead).

= SY? is already kinda catching on there might be something between JA and JH.

= I totally dislike the white coat with the fussy frills below - that jacket style is NON flattering to anyone, makes butts look bigger than they are. And here it just makes her look unnecc frumpy.

= JA has superior reverse driving skills! :tongue:

• Like 12

So far this drama shows lots and lots eating (Food) and drinking (Beer) - Yum yum made me hungry.

Jazzy instrumental version of the ost "Save the last dance for me" is beautiful.

Somehow the kiss is too early at episode 4? - I'm afraid it will follow by episodes of sadness and broken heart. I hope not.

Will PD-nim eventually promo a real Korean ost at the end of the drama? lol

@stroppyse  and @Bissu, Thanks a million :heart:

Another version of our drama's fave Ost, the Jazzy version one :D

• Like 9

When we'll get to watch this scene? I'm wondering...:wub:

Spoiler

• Like 10

I have had to change my account @ Soompi 3 - 4 x over the many years.

Latest account  = I can't see Hidden Comments at all. :(@ lolly84 - what scene is that?

And trying to change my profile picture to Pretty Noona .. caused "Tabs to crash. I can't upload anything to make changes.  :( Good thing I didn't delete Avatar yet. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bissu said:

@stroppyse Sorry to bump in unexpectedly and not keep the order of the clips lol, I thought translating starting from the last scene uploaded would be helpful so we didn't overlap and you could've saved some time.

I'd say that whether I translate or not, you should keep doing it since there will be points I may miss and it's always nice to have different interpretations/sources. 

Of course if you want to stop, maybe I can suggest to you that we split up the clips instead (6 each?). It'll be quicker and more efficient that way. Let me know what you think :)

@Bissu, no apologies necessary. I'm so happy that you've joined the thread! I think you translate well, and I'm fine with having multiple translations of the same scene on the thread. From your comments, I think you're fine with it, too. As you've said, sometimes one person misses something that another person may pick up, and it's more fun to read different interpretations. :)

I'm going to continue translating for the thread, it just takes some pressure off, especially when I'm busy with real life.  Plus now that I know you're around to translate, I may check to see what you've posted first before I translate the whole lot. The only thing that gets sacrificed is the order of the clips, but the benefit is that the translations are being posted faster. :) If it's of benefit to anyone for me to translate the clips in order, I can definitely continue to do so. Or were you saying that you think I should continue to translate the clips in order?

Anyway, thanks for translating for this thread.

• Like 16

Those who can read Chinese, the subs for ep 4 r out. The interactions r too sweet.... but knowing the PD, even the background songs r foreshadow of things to come... 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Those who can read Chinese, the subs for ep 4 r out. The interactions r too sweet.... but knowing the PD, even the background songs r foreshadow of things to come... 

WHERE do you go to watch Chinese subs please ? Thanks in advance! Been

too spoilt with easy English subs, so have not visited much Chinese-sub sites. As for Tdramas -  I just watch them straight.

@ dito:  Totally Jung Hae-in is totally rocking his role - his subtle observations of her, subtle shifts in expressions when he feels she isn't looking or when he's alone ... it's more nuanced and layered than SYJ. Even for SYJ who so seasoned - she's hit and miss for me.  When she bursts out laughing sometimes crinkling her eyes, I am NOT entirely convinced it's spontaneous or if the scene calls for it and that's her standard response.

• Like 5

I think SY (JA’s colleague who fancies JH) was suspicious of JH & JA. She met up with JH’s Sister and tried to find out whether something is going on at home. Maybe she found out that JH was not at work when JA had to go on business trip.

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

Please PM me the chinese sub ep 4 website. tsk

HI all! Thank you for all the screen postings and translations. I am just so happy the ratings continue to increase :D

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[13] TNmS[14]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 30, 2018 4.008% 4.239% 3.8%
2 March 31, 2018 3.752% 4.177% 4.8%
3 April 6, 2018 4.222% 4.621% 4.4%
4 April 7, 2018 4.756% 5.434% 5.9%
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just for curiousity now which company actually has the legal rights for this drama?

I went back to the main site where the streaming sites gets their subs from. There is still no English subs.

There is one site which I shall not name. But the ep 1 subs looks like machine translated subs from the Chinese subs. I haven't seen these sort of subs in years. But if I am right that sub released on the internet are not their QC released version.

Wow things must be desperate if we have that level of fan subbing as our only version. I don't read Chinese but understand spoken Chinese and I have seen how the Chinese subs ( which are always good since the Baidu subbers are fluent in Korean and so fast ) doesn't translate or machine translate into weird sentences in English.

Thank you for all the translations on this thread. I was waiting for 4 episodes. And it looks good. So I am going to watch all 4 then come back to read the translations.

Thank goodness it is not a 50 episode drama. Otherwise all of us would die with no sub access.

This stupid company which brought the rights is mean. I feel like asking that whoever subscribes to them complain that their licensing tactics is just mean. In this day and age. Does the business team person negotiating it NOT watch a Kdrama? Is there a marketing point in delaying subs release? 

• Like 7

Okay, let's do this.

Join Team Yeppeuda fansub

- translators

- native translator

- timers

- QCs

- project head

The team dissolves when official subs are out. PM me if interested.

I'll assemble the team but I will be available only for part-time QCing. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3