Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

@stroppyse thank you very much dear... my favourite moment of those is when JA held JH hands... overflowing, heart warming, romantic, affectionate.. love this drama.

• Like 6

Thank you so much @stroppyse 

You are gem for us with the translation 

Swooning over the chemistry. .so CUTE

Trying to watch raw but I don't see it on the site I watched last week

• Like 6

It's a squeal fest. Any members who'd like to sub this?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

So exciting for tonight kiss (or kisses):heart:

Source

OMG he’s gonna eat her lips. Hopefully the episode doesn’t end right as they kiss. I need some scenes after the kiss to soothe me for the week of waiting to come.

• Like 9

I was wondering around looking for any sites with subbed by to my disappointment there was none so far. At one point, it crossed my mind to ask our superb translator @stroppyse, whom I first knew from FIS to help with the subs...but then again I thought, it's too much for her to do alone. The last time we had her help us with just snippets of the drama..just the important scenes but this time the important scenes are too many..hehehe..imagine my delight and surprise, when I came into this forum, she had done exactly that, and all the scenes that will finally make sense to non-native speaker like myself!! Kamsahanida chinggu @stroppyse, you are a god sent!!:heart:

And I agree with all of you, the combination of everything is perfect in this drama..the leads with their adorable smiles, the ambience, the songs (perfect!!), the scenery...warms my heart every time and even if without subbed, I still feel giddy watching these two..the final scene at the end of Ep 3, the secret hand reaching under the table thingy, that was ultimately the best for me so far. Even though many drama had done that kind of moment before, but these two made the scene with its own class....even so I wish I know half the lines that the couple was saying, so I can further understand the whole ambience..luckily enough, we had our wonderful translator here..Thank you again chinggu..will be lurking here often too!!

• Like 13

This looks so cute and mature at the same time. Why is nobody subbing this gem drama? I want to start watching with subs before I carve in for the raws:unsure:

• Like 4

hello, i am new to this thread - hope i have not missed anything yet :D

i have been waiting for subs to come out before i start watching this drama but when i caught what happened in ep 3, sadly i could resist.

thank you @stroppyse for providing the translations, it really is helpful since right now there are no subs for this drama :( I am really sadden by that.

I hope to be more active on this thread from time to time, but I am looking forward to tonight's episode for sure!

Hi @triplem

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Hi everyone:) i'm currently translating from indonesian to english and only 1/4 of the 1st ep is done. I did the eng sub for age of youth 2 before. And i want to ask if there's anyone here who is fluent in bahasa and english and want to help me to translate it because the drama is too long (about 80mins for the 1st ep, 70mins for 2nd ep) for me to work on my own. Thanks ♥

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, lu09 said:

This looks so cute and mature at the same time. Why is nobody subbing this gem drama? I want to start watching with subs before I carve in for the raws:unsure:

I see you are here too chinggu..I guess we are craving for the same thing in kdramas..hahahaha..:wink:

• Like 5

During the press conference, JHI mentioned there was a scene where he had hard time maintaining eye contact with SYJ because that was the time they had their first skinship.

Does anyone know which scene he was referring to? Or has that scene appeared yet?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, inna75 said:

I see you are here too chinggu..I guess we are craving for the same thing in kdramas..hahahaha..:wink:

Yep. Hahaha nice to see u here too :D:D:D. If only I could resist until it get subbed lol.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yaselin said:

Hi everyone:) i'm currently translating from indonesian to english and only 1/4 of the 1st ep is done. I did the eng sub for age of youth 2 before. And i want to ask if there's anyone here who is fluent in bahasa and english and want to help me to translate it because the drama is too long (about 80mins for the 1st ep, 70mins for 2nd ep) for me to work on my own. Thanks ♥

Hey @yaselin! I'm Malaysian and know bahasa. I can help! Will pm u :) 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, lu09 said:

Yep. Hahaha nice to see u here too :D:D:D. If only I could resist until it get subbed lol.

Hahaha..I tried too but fail..I "blame" those who bombed my IG with all the cute scenes :love:..let's lurk here for this one. We have our own, wonderful,  in-house translator...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the subs for Episode 1are completed, fingers crossed for the remainder !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's been a long day, and I've only now just watched episode 3. Oh my, I was so happy and squealy watching the episode. How cute can JH and JA be? Really. Also, that means that I've changed some of the translations, most of them being minor changes since seeing the scene in context actually clarifies certain things that are said.

@Lady_Fay, I just noticed that there is a shot of their intertwined fingers during the credits, whereas the episode itself ends with JA's hand laid on top of his hand while he's too surprised to do more than hiccup. That scene still makes me laugh in happiness.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just noticed something about the upcoming kiss.

Got this from DC post, and I thought it can be true. (^^):D for something like "kisses" I don't need any sub to understand. -_-

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Just to let you all know,

the subs for ep 1 is out already.

its on various drama online sites already. :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Just to let you all know,

the subs for ep 1 is out already.

its on various drama online sites already. :D

Hi my dear ! Great to see you here. I have been holding out for subs , so this is good news! 

Jtbc did a summary of OTP scenes

Edited by triplem
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

In episode 3, there is a scene that I thought was really cute, though there isn't a clip for it, so I translated it as well.

The set up:

KS calls JA and asks what she’s doing, and finds out that JA is cleaning out the debris from her past. JH overhears this, and instead of going home, goes to confront JA instead. I translated the scene where JH finds JA in the playground and asks her why she had come to see him previously, as well as whether she was going to throw the umbrella away. This then ultimately leads to their impromptu date.

As they are walking home from their impromptu date, they have another conversation about the umbrella, though not really about the umbrella, at least from JH's side. They walk out of a tunnel talking:

JA: What you did for me today, I’ll pay you back tenfold soon.
JH: Prepare yourself well. I won’t let you off easy, and collect it all.
JA: Just not my clothes.
JH: This woman! Aren’t you having too many lustful thoughts?
JA: I said that to make you laugh!
JH: If you were clearing out your past… am I just one thing in noona’s past? What? Is it something like that?
JA: What do you mean something like that?
JH: Or else, I was trying to figure out what you meant that you were throwing it all out.
JA: What do you mean throwing it all out? It was just mixed up in some other things, so got carried out.
JH: I thought you said earlier that you brought it out because you thought it might rain.
JA: That’s what I mean. If it rains, then I use it. If it doesn’t, then that’s a relief. That’s what an umbrella is for. Does it have to have a deeper meaning?
JH: Well, no, it doesn’t. Still, don’t throw it away.
JA: Did anyone say that it was going to be thrown away?
JH: What if you do throw it away?
JA: I’m definitely not throwing it away.
JH:  Why is it definitely?
JA: Oh, he’s making an issue of nothing at all gain. What do you want me to do?
JH: I’m saying to keep it well.
JA: I said I will.

It's clear that JH is still worrying about what he actually might mean to JA, if anything. He needs reassurance, even if it's just an umbrella that he had bought for her. He doesn't realize that JA does cherish the umbrella, precisely because he bought it for her.

One other thing that I forgot to mention, I so love JH's face the first time he calls JA "cute" as he pensively waits to see how she receives that description of her from him while she's examining his caricature sketch of her. He's just so adorable in his adoration of JA, and JA is also so cute as she finds herself falling for her best friend's little brother, despite thinking that she shouldn't. I hope KS is able to accept their relationship, at least eventually.

In a somewhat comical twist, that would make KS superior to JA since JA would be her little brother's girlfriend, while JH would become superior to SH since JH would be dating SH's older sister. So, both Seo siblings would be entitled to more respect from their respective friends. LOL.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3