Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Just saw this on twitter :D^_^ It was taken during his birthday :wub:

DZ1aEZlU0AEMcW7.jpg

CTTO

It's never easy to wait but for the love of this drama, I'm willing to wait for the subs forever!!! :w00t: I'll just re-watch the video clips again that @stroppyse translated :D:lol:B)

=======================================================================

BTS still cuts, I think :D

DZ1Nc8kVAAAu8ee.jpg

Spoiler

DZ1NdLEVQAA0xFT.jpg

DZ1NdbaU0AAJQFO.jpg

DZ1NdpoU0AALxLZ.jpg

Cr as tagged

• Like 15

if anyone can read chinese u can try those chinese websites, there are fansubs already

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Hi All, I literally just created an account to comment on this forum re:subbing issues.  I am 99% sure Netflix has the rights to this drama* and I could be wrong (and hoping I am wrong), but we might have to wait for subs.  Netflix bought the rights to JTBC's Age of Youth 2 last summer and no other streaming services were subbing it.  Someone was kind enough to translate it from the Indonesian subs and upload them to subscene but it was a wait for those subs to happen.  Netflix released Age of Youth 2 to America just a couple weeks ago but it was available in other countries a couple months after the full show aired.  Man to Man was another JTBC show they bought rights to and they aired it weekly but only after it was finished airing in South Korea.  Now hopefully they decide to air this one live like they have done others, generally there was some sort of landing page dedicated to it (Prison Playbook) so I am not sure what their plan is.  I also see that DramaFever has a landing page to it, I think this is for marketing purposes in all honesty.  Since there are so many kdrama streaming services in the mix now, DF is doing their best to keep themselves in the game, so I don't think they'd be sleeping on subs if they had the rights to it.  

Someone has put a request in for a fansub on subscene but I think everyone is waiting to see what Netflix intends to do. 

My information may be wrong here, this is just my research and opinions, I am honestly hoping subs pop up after I hit submit here and I would never be so happy to be wrong in my life. 

*In fact, I think they changed the name of the drama for Netflix since noona technically translates to sister and that might confuse people who don't know the whole meaning behind the word noona

Edited by spaceystacey
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

The norm is that the male is older and i am one of those people who believe in such but that perspective changed after watching videos of this series. Although I've seen this setup IRL, i have colleagues and their gap is actually around 5-10 years, and while i maintain a nice expression outside when i learned it the first time i have to be honest but there is a bit of comments that i kept to myself. I cannot wait to watch this because i know that i will be learning something from it. That lesson/s is/are vital to me. On another note, the subs being delayed is frustrating but it just makes this series more interesting. I know it will be worth it. Netflix didn't get the right/s for nothing.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

For Netflix Asia , we were fortunate enough to have weekly episodes of ManxMan & Forest Of Secrets released simultaneously with SK as they were pre produced. For BG2 which premiered in November,  Netflix Asia just released the entire series in March. Hwayugi, Prison Playbook, Live - episodes were/ are released a week after airing in SK. So there is really no fixed pattern. I think Netflix bought it as they are the only ones who will be able to stop the others from subbing. They are subbing Live now & I think as someone mentioned, they have a small subbing team - so we may have to wait 

-////- 

Food /coffee truck support team for JHI 

Second most talked about drama 

Also if u have a subbed site ( illegal ) in whatever language, don’t post it here. You can ask folks to PM you instead. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9

Just to stress what @triplem has already said.

While frustration with the lack of subbing is understandable and the desire to share sites that carry subs, please do not name unlicensed viewing sites in any language on the threads, even in spoilers. For legal reasons, it is against the forum's policy to do so. Use PM if you want to convey information away from the threads.

Any posts containing unlicensed viewing sites will be removed, and repeated violations will result in warnings.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Netflix is very strong bc it's very .... rich

so they can buy everything hehehe

but I don't understand if it's very strong why the subbing team isn't  strong

for others subbing teams, just 7 hours they can do it and good !

I search on Netflix.... no infos for this drama !!

C'est bizarre !!!!!:glasses:

• Like 8

15 hours ago, spaceystacey said:

Hi All, I literally just created an account to comment on this forum re:subbing issues.  I am 99% sure Netflix has the rights to this drama* and I could be wrong (and hoping I am wrong), but we might have to wait for subs.  Netflix bought the rights to JTBC's Age of Youth 2 last summer and no other streaming services were subbing it.  Someone was kind enough to translate it from the Indonesian subs and upload them to subscene but it was a wait for those subs to happen.  Netflix released Age of Youth 2 to America just a couple weeks ago but it was available in other countries a couple months after the full show aired.  Man to Man was another JTBC show they bought rights to and they aired it weekly but only after it was finished airing in South Korea.  Now hopefully they decide to air this one live like they have done others, generally there was some sort of landing page dedicated to it (Prison Playbook) so I am not sure what their plan is.  I also see that DramaFever has a landing page to it, I think this is for marketing purposes in all honesty.  Since there are so many kdrama streaming services in the mix now, DF is doing their best to keep themselves in the game, so I don't think they'd be sleeping on subs if they had the rights to it.  

Someone has put a request in for a fansub on subscene but I think everyone is waiting to see what Netflix intends to do. 

My information may be wrong here, this is just my research and opinions, I am honestly hoping subs pop up after I hit submit here and I would never be so happy to be wrong in my life. 

*In fact, I think they changed the name of the drama for Netflix since noona technically translates to sister and that might confuse people who don't know the whole meaning behind the word noona

but netflix dramas usually come a week later..so if its netflix, they will release the subs on thursday night or fri morning as this drama airs on fri night

so just condition yourself that drama started a week late.. and raw would be like the fantasy.. where future episodes materialize like magic

14 minutes ago, diane90 said:

Netflix is very strong bc it's very .... rich

so they can buy everything hehehe

but I don't understand if it's very strong why the subbing team isn't  strong

for others subbing teams, just 7 hours they can do it and good !

I search on Netflix.... no infos for this drama !!

C'est bizarre !!!!!:glasses:

lol..if they make subs available that easily, who would pay for their subscriptions.. 1-2-3 day wait over paying money.. or 7 day wait..and undying yearning making you pay for anything :tongue: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well Chinese subs are available in srt form. I don't read Chinese so cant help there. I do remember back when subs were scarce that Baidu subbers are very fluent in Korean. For those who know how to access them.

I haven't been watching Kdramas that long but it is because of these issues that I learnt Korean. However if still sucks. I have a Netflix subscription here in Australia but haven't even checked what it is about. It is used for watching kids cartoon. Not Kdramas.

It feels odd if the discussions increase when subs comes out 1 week later. Then the episode comes out the next day. Then how will the momentum be?

• Like 6

I had a Netflix subsciption longtims ago just for watching US series

not for kdramas hahahaha !

so... there's only one thing to do now............. zen attitude hummmmmm ! :expressionless:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

It feels odd if the discussions increase when subs comes out 1 week later. Then the episode comes out the next day. Then how will the momentum be?

It does kill the  momentum. Prison Playbook suffered but then again  it was also not a genre that is popular here on Soompi. I am watching Live right now on Netflix , thread is also very quiet. But perhaps this thread might be different given that interests in the drama itself is high. Maybe we just need to adjust our mindsets and set our clocks a week later (assuming it is coming out a week later). If they are going to release the episodes after everything is over like Bad Guys 2 , there won't be much to discuss. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8

Many korean writers like using the last drama's title where  actors or actresses played ...

for ex here, in the scene they met when JH rides bicycle around JA

she said " ah .. it's really you. When did you come back ?'"

he said " ...... while you were sleeping ..."":grin:

- about the song " Stand by your man "

I have just noticed that they use Carla Bruni's song in the drama

but, in the end of ep 1 and the pervew, it's another singer

maybe .....Racheal Y ?????????

• Like 3

17 hours ago, triplem said:

Also if u have a subbed site ( illegal ) in whatever language, don’t post it here. You can ask folks to PM you instead. 

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just to stress what @triplem has already said.

While frustration with the lack of subbing is understandable and the desire to share sites that carry subs, please do not name unlicensed viewing sites in any language on the threads, even in spoilers. For legal reasons, it is against the forum's policy to do so. Use PM if you want to convey information away from the threads.

Any posts containing unlicensed viewing sites will be removed, and repeated violations will result in warnings.

Sorry y'all if subscene was one of those sites, I wasn't aware of the rules. I can delete my post if needed.  

11 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but netflix dramas usually come a week later..so if its netflix, they will release the subs on thursday night or fri morning as this drama airs on fri night

so just condition yourself that drama started a week late.. and raw would be like the fantasy.. where future episodes materialize like magic

I hope this is true and like I said, I am more than happy being wrong.  I have personally watched the episodes raw myself on ODK and will continue to do so and read the live recapping cause I want to watch it any possible way I can.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, spaceystacey said:

Sorry y'all if subscene was one of those sites, I wasn't aware of the rules. I can delete my post if needed.  

The reminders were posted because there were multiple instances of members putting up viewing sites that aren't the license holders to show the drama. Those posts were also removed from the thread. If your post had violated the rule as we understand them, it would have also been removed.

Strangely enough, despite subscene having subtitles, mostly unofficial ones to various dramas, because the dramas are not actually viewable there, we didn't think it fit the criteria of an unlicensed viewing site. In other words, you don't have to delete your post. :)

• Like 6

There was not one chance that in a drama called 'Pretty noona who buys me food', the noona and the dongsaeng don't have lunch/dinner in a Subway :lol:.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, dulcinea1 said:

There was not one chance that in a drama called 'Pretty noona who buys me food', the noona and the dongsaeng don't have lunch/dinner in a Subway :lol:.

Aigoo! Is this what Noona will buy him? Nothing against Subway sandwiches but this is not really not my idea of a date venue :lol:

JTBC updates 

BTS  The cone scene ! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2018 at 8:14 AM, finallyanoppatostan said:

The couple progressing naturally.. I love it!!

I watch it without sub, it's okay and understandable.

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin casting is perfect. SYJ as middle 30s woman, she's effortlessly beautiful. JHI delivers the feeling of adult younger man so perfectly. He's so fresh and sweet and handsome. I feel like I become an older woman in love with younger man, when I'm actually younger than them.

I was bored about the coffee company stories, until towards the end from their dinner date and using umbrella together, then he actually friends with Jin A's bro, his facial expression when JA's bro said to stop liking 35 years woman. And when he lost his sense when JA's ex grab her hand.. Waaa waaaaaaaaa I'm crazyyyy 

How old do you reckon haein is in this drama? cause the way jin a's brother said it she sounds too old for him (35). Im literally head over heels for haein; he turned 30 like for real 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, imallisya said:

How old do you reckon haein is in this drama? cause the way jin a's brother said it she sounds too old for him (35). Im literally head over heels for haein; he turned 30 like for real 

In this drama they are both in their 30s , he is supposed to be 31. We had a discussion of this on page 2 of the thread. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, triplem said:

In this drama they are both in their 30s , he is supposed to be 31. We had a discussion of this on page 2 of the thread. 

He looks like a high school boy for me, hahaha! His cute and charming smile stole my heart. :blush:

Photo source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/230766

OWFo9k9QzXVI636585155547303078.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These two captivates the heart of the viewers...

Source: http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/view.php?key=20180404001143372

20180404001143372_1522816745_1.jpg?15228

• Like 7
  • Haha 3