Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

This drama is so great! My wife and I are loving it. One thing that is absolutely driving me crazy though is I can't find that darn whistle song  they play throughout the drama. It reminds me so much of Animal Crossing games, and I have been searching ALL over the Internet with no luck. Even Shazam couldn't recognize it. :( That's easily my favorite song in this drama- reminds me of easier times. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, nayakuma said:

This drama is so great! My wife and I are loving it. One thing that is absolutely driving me crazy though is I can't find that darn whistle song  they play throughout the drama. It reminds me so much of Animal Crossing games, and I have been searching ALL over the Internet with no luck. Even Shazam couldn't recognize it. :( That's easily my favorite song in this drama- reminds me of easier times. 

was it the one that was played on episode 3 while JA was at the swing with the umbrella?

• Like 1

They seems like having alot of fun :lol:, Son Ye-jin looks really happy~ Hope that JHI & SYJ can be real couple ... hehe .. they looks so good together :wub:

Spoiler

• Like 9

OOOHH the OTP the actors are so cute in their interactions in their reward trip in Japan. I like they follow each other in instagram. I am TOO rooting for them to date IRL. It would be awesome. Their chemistry is through the roof. But glad they enjoyed it as they both did a great job. I just have a friend from Korea visiting me and I requested the OST for this drama along with My Mister's OST . I cannot wait. I hope the CD has pics of the drama.

Thanks for the posts to let us know how they are even after the drama. The withdrawal is for REAL.

• Like 5

Yeah posted by Son Ye Jin! I miss them! Glad they had fun! during their reward trip in Japan.

• Like 6

Son Ye Jin even posted Jung Hae In's solo pic in her ig after all their group photos. I hope someone will create a thread for them in Shippers!!! Waahh!!:wub:

• Like 8

A joking ref to his previous "mistake" in the awards show.

Spoiler

The red umbrella look so familiar....same brown handle. Clip taken during flight to Japan. So the guy holding the umbrella is staff from the drama, thus recycling the umbrella? or does it belong to Haein, if the guy is his assistant/manager? 

During filming....brown handle, right?

Spoiler

• Like 6

19 hours ago, nayakuma said:

I finally summoned all my courage and Korean knowledge to ask one of the directors about the instrumental OST (through IG! wow thanks internet!) and unfortunately he said it might not be released...

Receipts under spoiler tag. RIP Korean skills.

Spoiler

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thank you to everyone for all your great comments :wub:  I waited until the series had finished screening to watch it…I can’t stand having to wait a week for the next episode :tongue:  So I was able to follow your comments with each episode.  Also a big thank you to @stroppyse for the scene translations, @mandy77777 for adding the translations to the BTS videos and of course to ‘Subbing in the Rain’ team - you are all so awesome coming to the rescue like that and it made the forum feel like a real caring community :D I noticed the streaming site I watched used ‘Subbing in the Rain’s’ subs :tongue:

I have been left with a different feeling about this drama from the other Ahn Pan Seok dramas I have watched and I’m still not sure what it is :tongue:  But I do know that I got so annoyed with Jin Ah near the end that I wanted to pack my bags and go to America with Joon Hee lol.  All the lying and deceptions, and yes I know he wasn’t blameless either. 

Because I’m still formulating my thoughts about the drama, I just want to share a few observations –

- I love how they showed the ending scene of some of the episodes from the other persons perspective at the beginning of the next episode.

- The hospital scene where her Mum hurt her arm….the waiting room was full of men :tongue: 

- In Ep 13 : When Joon Hee and his sister Kyung Sun went to collect their Father, I liked the little touch on the arm that Joon Hee gave to Jin Ah as he came through the door.  They hadn’t had any contact since their argument so to me it seemed like a little reassuring touch…nice detail…I nearly missed it :)

- I love that Director Ahn seems so relaxed and comfortable around everyone, even sitting on the floor to discuss a take with an actor.  It must help to put the actors/actresses at ease.

- Also it’s interesting how some of the same actors end up in Director Ahn’s productions.  I wonder if he uses the same production crew each time as well?

- I love Lee Nam Yun’s music and have a collection from other Ahn Pan Seok’s dramas.  I too would love to hear the instrumentals of the drama and I was surprised they didn’t include the ‘whistling tune’ on the OST because it is quite a long piece of music. :wub:

- I don't like it when a writer only dedicates the last few minutes of a drama to reconcile the leads - it leaves me feeling short-changed especially if I've just watched many episodes of angst

:angry:  But why am I surprised - I've watched enough Kdramas so I should be used to these kind of endings by now.

- There was a lot of rain :lol:

- Jung Hae In took a lot of ‘personal’? photos of Son Ye Jin.:wink:

- I love the sound of Jung Hae In’s laugh…shallow I know -_-

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Anyone realise JHI was wearing the same white tee and light blue jeans in ep16 and in the Japan pics? He looks great!

If only both of them are really dating but I know it's not possible..but still keeping my fingers crossed! 

• Like 8

On 6/2/2018 at 2:52 AM, jesskitkat said:

Anyone realise JHI was wearing the same white tee and light blue jeans in ep16 and in the Japan pics? He looks great!

If only both of them are really dating but I know it's not possible..but still keeping my fingers crossed! 

i was thinking the same thing...lol...they should release episode 16.5 based on vacation footage instead :D SYJ was also wearing similar outfit (kind of)...hahaha...how bad we wish for the extended version of them after the ending at the beach...in fact if the ending was actually at the theme park where we can see their laughters and all...our heart might settle better :D there's too much of "ifs" here...hihi

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Annyong chingu,  I am still obsessed with our JA and JH and follow SYJ and JHI instagram every day to keep myself updated of them. I search and read  every article about the drama with great enjoyment, feeling thrilled  at watching them enjoying the trip in Japan  and even consider  learning Korean  after feeling so frustrated with waiting for the subtitle. Now I know what a crazy fan is :D.

Personally I think that there seems to be little chance of SYJ and JHI falling in love with each other. I have the feeling that  JHI treats SYJ with too much respect and formality in reality, exactly like a tongseng and a nuna. Additionally,  HI is a newbie actor, he will lose his opportunity to fly higher in his acting career if he commits to a serious relationship with YJ. Nevertheless, HI and YJ might have a similar lifestyle, both of them appear to be introvert, wearing simple outfits, keeping a low profile in the public, showing a humble attitude toward other people and fans.  If they became a couple, we would be madly happy but I guess they would face with so many hurdles as JA and JH experienced. 

Till now I have been watching  SITR for the third time. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

@lucia704 I agree with you...:) Both of them appear to be wearing simple and comfortable outfits...

How I wish JHI and SYJ can be together in real life but I think it is difficult. JHI is only 30 years old and he can date someone in 20s... I hope he does not film another melodrama so soon ... because it will be too heartbreaking for JHI and SYJ shipper :D

Anyway, I still hope they can give each other a chance to date casually.  :wub:

JHI is really a rising star! For those who is interested to attend the fan meetings .. you can purchase the tickets here (For me, It is not cheap :rolleyes:) =>> https://www.viagogo.com/Concert-Tickets/K-Pop/Jung-Hae-In-Tickets

https://www.hellokpop.com/event/2018-jung-hae-in-smile-fan-meeting-in-manila/

• Like 5