Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

On 5/20/2018 at 5:52 PM, luvhollandlop said:

Thank you so much for linking the netizens comments here. I had a good laugh. I definitely needed that. 

I think I said this before; I am a fan of PD Ahn and I love both leads. I was so happy to join the bandwagon and intended to have a great party and definitely celebrate the finale. 

Somewhere towards the end, I was desperately clinging on to my party hat and party blowers. Trying very hard to find a glimmer of hope and commence the celebration of a well run race. I will not mince my words but the last few episodes were terrible for me. To me it was all due to sloppy and inconsistent writing. It was like writer had forgotten the character growth she had given to her characters and they were back to where they began in the next episode. She was trying to write Melo into drama and threw comprehension out of the window. Towards the end, the characters I was rooting for were not recognisable. 

I am a fan of Secret Love Affair and saw how PD Ahn, with a good script, harnessed the talents of 2 leads and made the drama so memorable. I really wanted to love this drama. Sigh... 

I am also a big fan of Ahn Pan Seok and Secret Love Affair and I really wanted to love this drama too but I just couldn't get into it, I dropped it after the fourth or fifth episodes when they were making out all over the place. I felt the stakes just weren't high enough to create any real tension and so the whole mother-daughter and age gap dynamic became melodramatic.

Anyway, just popping in here to say if you loved Secret Love Affair and need another drama to recover, watch My Ahjussi. I went into it expecting nothing and was completely overwhelmed. It's toppled SLA in my charts. Rock solid from start to finish. None of us are over it yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Omo omo... I'm feeling so empty now. I just love this drama so much! Although the story sucks after ep10 onwards and the ending left everyone dissatisfied, I'm really in love with this drama. And Joon Hee. 

I listen to the OST almost everyday. Too bad this drama doesn't have a long list of OST like other dramas. 

Just now I was thinking.. can't wait for Friday to come..but then it strike me that the drama has ended! :(:( no more Joon Hee and Jin Ah :(:(

I guess I'm gonna fill my weekend with repeats of ep1 to ep16 (while skipping some crappy or sad scenes) and reminiscing the lovely couple together... sigh, I miss this drama so much!

• Like 8

I guess i’m probably the minority who enjoys the whole drama. I actually like JA’s character who develops through the drama. Instead of running away from opposition from Mom and being the victim to one being defame in the workplace, she stayed and persisted till the end. It’s a pity that JH did not stay by her side while she’s going through the rough journey. I do not have any issues with JA having a BF since this is also very realistic (woman in late thirties in Asia). Even though deep down in her heart she still loves JH but she also knows that she need to move on. And she is the one who reject to go to the States with him. The only reason I try to convince myself as to why JA have a “not so nice” BF wld be if the BF is perfect then JH wld stand no chance of getting his woman back.

JH’s character is not as perfect as he seems to be as he only wants to escape when he felt pressurized. He also seems not very matured and is still angry with JA when he returns from the States. But I think this is a very realistic character as nobody wld be perfect.

The very strange part of JA’s character wld be why she suddenly quits her job and move to Jeju when she has already persisted for so many years. The other strange part of JH’s character wld be why he suddenly decides to leave to the States when he can’t even leave JA to China for 3 mths. Guess the writer just wanted to go into the plot of 2 persons falling in love, conflicts, break-up and reconcile. I do not mind this type of storyline as this is also very realistic, but cld be better if the trigger points are better...

I’m glad that the drama does not have marriage/babies storyline (my own preference), but if the drama can show more on the reconciliation or the tough times of both JA and JH wld be nice (again in my opinion). Also wld like to see better development of the side characters..

Both SYJ and JHI did very well in the drama and their chemistry is just too perfect. The drama was filmed in a very movie feel and i liked it alot.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, allythefangirl said:

After reading the posts on how the story end up, I'm glad I stopped at episode 10. I was planning on going back after the series is done, but seeing the story turned out, I'd rather keep the good memories of the series in my mind and not ruin it with the remainder of the series.

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

I've been reading all the Dramamilk recaps since maybe Ep 9. And selectively viewing scenes, and of course faithfully ducking in to read comments here.

Prob going to tune in to last episode 16 ... though this wk seems to have many other new drama offerings - L's, Lee Sang-yoon's ... and I still haven't caught up with Suits'  latest episodes

• Like 3

6 hours ago, usadango said:

I guess i’m probably the minority who enjoys the whole drama. I actually like JA’s character who develops through the drama. Instead of running away from opposition from Mom and being the victim to one being defame in the workplace, she stayed and persisted till the end. It’s a pity that JH did not stay by her side while she’s going through the rough journey. I do not have any issues with JA having a BF since this is also very practical. Even though deep down in her heart she still loves JH but she also know that she need to move on. And she is the one who reject to go to the States with him. The only reason I try to convince myself as to why JA have a “not so nice” BF wld be if the BF is perfect then JH wld stand no chance of getting his woman back.

JH’s character is not as perfect as he seems to be as since he decides to escape when he felt pressurized. He also seems not very matured when he is still angry with JA when he returns from the States. But I think this is a very realistic character as nobody wld be perfect.

The very strange part of JA’s character wld be why she suddenly quits her job and move to Jeju when she has already persisted for so many years. The other strange part of JH’s character wld be why he suddenly decides to leave to the States when he can’t even leave JA to China for 3 mths. Guess the writer just wanted to go into the plot of 2 persons falling in love, conflicts, break-up and reconcile. I do not mind this type of storyline as this is also very realistic, but cld be better if the trigger points are better...

I’m glad that the drama does not have marriage/babies storyline (my own preference), but if the drama can show more on the reconciliation or the tough times of both JA and JH wld be nice (again in my opinion). Also wld like to see better development of the side characters..

Both SYJ and JHI did very well in the drama and their chemistry is just too perfect. The drama was filmed in a very movie feel and i liked it alot.

While I can see how emotionally-driven impulse, or crazy irrational decisions DO s'times govern lives ... esp under high stress and tough times = as you said, it NEEDS to be credibly mapped at least.

Or yes how imperfect JH is, and JA ... this is totally reality and life, true.

But ... angst and conflict introduced, should be resolved more CREDIBLY. Ep 16 just prettily wrapped everything up in a hasty bow.

Why waste so much time on bf #1 GM ...  why waste so much time on Oma and her hysterics ... why waste so much time on the company (totally celebrating that she refused to go awayJH actually, and wanted to stand on her own territory that she had stood up so hard for. only to see her making another feeble choice of bf in ep 16 .. sigh)

Esp since he makes his life-altering decisions so rashly - wanting to quit job not wanting to go away for a short 3 mths in China, but ok  with just the up and go dissapearing to US for 3 yrs.

While I too am nodding to your comment about  (1) NOT needing the rainbow and unicorns (ie the marriage + babies) nor (2) ever concerned or caring what a Drama's ratings are each week ( so what even if it doesn't fare well, as long as it appeals to me to keep me watching, that's often more than good enough. I am no drama groupie, and go with my own flow for viewing).

Overall, I just felt the entire drama was kinda well .. UNbalanced. It wasn't satisfying to have 6 ~7 episodes of cuddles, endless insubstantial kisses and giggles,  5 ~6 episodes of angst and various conflict .... only to have that quickie 2~ 3 min reunion in Jeju~  :wink:   So simplified. 

Whoa, EVERYTHING's  just fine and dandy now, just like that. Who waved the magic wand? :tongue:

The writer may be someone who hasn't been in love, or ever lived life enough to know and experience its realities life. Fine. But there's the Director who is content to shoot such a ending, and actors who don't question such a conclusion to their on-screen romance?!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

14 hours ago, usadango said:

I guess i’m probably the minority who enjoys the whole drama. I actually like JA’s character who develops through the drama. Instead of running away from opposition from Mom and being the victim to one being defame in the workplace, she stayed and persisted till the end. It’s a pity that JH did not stay by her side while she’s going through the rough journey. I do not have any issues with JA having a BF since this is also very practical. Even though deep down in her heart she still loves JH but she also know that she need to move on. And she is the one who reject to go to the States with him. The only reason I try to convince myself as to why JA have a “not so nice” BF wld be if the BF is perfect then JH wld stand no chance of getting his woman back.

JH’s character is not as perfect as he seems to be as since he decides to escape when he felt pressurized. He also seems not very matured when he is still angry with JA when he returns from the States. But I think this is a very realistic character as nobody wld be perfect.

I have watched episode 16 twice. No matter with or without subtitle, I couldn't hold my tear seeing JH and JA devastated after the breakup. Although some people complain about the ending, expecting a more fulfilled one, I am quite happy with it. There should be room for audience to have their own imagination and controversy, which eventually leads to   rising publicity for the drama. From the marketing perspective, this might bring more money to the producer. When watching the full episode 16, it turns out that JH also dated some times during   the three-year period but people are quite sexist to attack JA for her new dating. JA is the one who should be sympathized more because she was left alone when under so many ups and downs. I really enjoy every conversation in this final episode and feel moved even when monster mom says sorry to JA. I love the acting of the main actors, excellent music and pictures. I have the feeling of enjoying a movie rather than a drama, that is owed to the talent of the PD and his team. This is the best Korean drama I have seen in five years!!!

Edited by lucia704
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jus-ash said:

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

I've been reading all the Dramamilk recaps since maybe Ep 9. And selectively viewing scenes, and of course faithfully ducking in to read comments here.

Prob going to tune in to last episode 16 ... though this wk seems to have many other new drama offerings - L's, Lee Sang-yoon's ... and I still haven't caught up with Suits'  latest episodes

That's what I did too! Actually, when JA refused to just buy a new phone and contacted her ex, that's when I started having reservations on the series. I felt like it was a wasted opportunity.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, lucia704 said:

When watching the full episode 16, it turns out that JH also dated some times during   the three-year period but people are quite sexist to attack JA for her new dating. JA is the one who should be sympathized more because she was left alone when under so many ups and downs.

It’s because JA’s bf scenes happened almost right after the breakup so it was a bit traumatized. In addition to that. the bf looks like another bad guy that JA shouldn’t go out with after JH.  She, st least, had to pick a better guy than JH. Maybe she didn’t have many options because of her age? But yes I agree with you, JH shouldn’t leave her when she needed him the most. But this part doesn’t make sense to me. A loving person like JH, who was so in love with JA, suddenly left like that. He handled JA’s Mom so well when Mom showed up at his house in the middle of the night to chase after JA. The writer just changed his personality completely overnight. But overall, I still love this drama despite some unsatisfactory factors. I thought it was filmed beautifully and the chemistry of the leads were remarkable. If they claim second, no one can dare to claim first.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Really enjoy reading fellow viewers comments on this forum, some so hilarious and all the spot-on remarks! 

In the past I have skipped many last episodes of other dramas as I read in here how disappointing the ending was, but this one had such a promising, romantic (and above all a surreal) start, the chemistry between the leads and of course the leads themselves were such a delight to see (JHI *sigh*), that I decided to refrain myself from reading the comments in here first, in stead I patiently waited and finished the drama on screen...I must say I am glad I finished watching the whole serie on screen (Have to confess though I never got to see the last minutes of episode 15 as the vid broke down and I continued to watch ep 16 in stead haha).

Yes, the reconcile moment was way too short and hastily made, but at least it is what we all wanted to see,  them getting back together and reliving the moments of the beginning of their relationship (like to think this is a way the writer used to imply they will work out this time as they matured). Why they matured? Both letting go of their stubbornness which I think is the most difficult thing to do even now (for myself I mean lol). JH letting go of his old habit of never looking back (men can really be like that) and JA no longer insisting they are not meant to be. Also JA not trying to win JH back after his return using her 'cheecky' ways like the past as she knows and experienced (and has been warned by her brother before), if JH decides something he doesn't look back. And she has accepted it and respected his decision.

There is just one thing bothering me, how come the recorded message of JA starts so suddenly while JH was packing? I must have missed something, I don't get that, it is really so random. Like 80 mins is a long episode, but still not long enough for the writer/editing team to turn things around, so lets just throw this in and wrap it up lol. But still I think just for the dazzling first episodes I will rewatch the serie with Eng subs as I v watched the last episodes with Chinese subs...I don't believe there is anyone irl who could love like JH did, but still love to see how the ideal love of a BF should be (one may dream right). And o boy how realistic it was once things go south between them...I m kinda strange but I like how JHI acted the JH angry scenes, they both were really good in portraying the 'hostile' interaction in the last ep. Their awkwardness was so real, but so was their chemistry (and ok also rewatching the JH reminiscence scenes for his abs :D o boy)...So sad it ended 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

My very 1st post though I have been reading this thread for more than 2 weeks. I still could not handle situation where JH and JA met for the 1st time after 3 yrs. I cried whenever I watched the highlight shown on YT.  I was  angry with JA for dating a new guy coz the breakup was not shown. But the highlights of ep 16 had somehow clarified that the breakup was initiated by JH and during the 3 yrs period JH did date though each date didn't last more than 3 months. So it wasn't JA fault to date a new guy.  I only watched the higlights on YT and haven't watched both ep 15 and 16 yet but I am happy coz eventually it was a happy ending though many find it unsatisfactory.

I still think that this is the best Korean drama I have ever seen.  Though the happy ending part was short, it is better than Faith, where the 2 leads just stared at each other doing nothing.  Although I wanted a long passionate kisses, but lot of pecks on the lip were enough to show the love too. When I watched other Korean drama they did not even peck when they were alone and I find that was strange coz Ahjumma like me still pecks with my husband whenever we are alone and those actors had passionate kisses in earlier episodes.  The reason was because they do the kissing scenes for acting purposes only.

In this drama, JHI and SYJ did it like they were not acting.  But I still fell like it was one sided.  It was always SYJ asking for a pecks though JHI and director prefer a passionate kisses.JHI prefer holding her waist (which I think more romantic) but she prefer headlock.  During the red carpet, JHI waited for SYJ to walk together instead of planning to come together. JHI was jealous just to see pictures  ofJA and exboyfriend.  The pictures were not even real, but he felt sad just to see them.  These shows that JHI really like SYJ but not vice versa .  Was it because she didn't like the idea of having a younger boyfriend.  That was how I felt when I was single.

SYJ had passionate kisses with LMH and steamy scene with BYJ but why couldn't she do it with JHI.  Probably she knew there was nothing between LMH and BYJ but  JHI seems like showing his real feeling for her.

I really really hope they will end up together and marry each other in real life.  Now I feel lost coz the drama has ended. Used to anticipate the next episodes during weekends.  My weekends will never be the same.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Official photos released and these two pics are love... :heart:

20180521_170404_4579.jpg

20180521_170358_7647.jpg

More love from our dear Joon Hee. :wub:

20180521_171127_7512.jpg

More photos under spoiler.

20180521_171704_4981.jpg

20180521_171713_1422.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

In the last episode, the highest audience rating was when Jeong Haein and Son Ye Jin rejoined in Jeju Island and confirmed their love and happily embraced in the rain. At that time, the ratings rose to 8.6% nationwide and 9.4% in the metropolitan area.
L20180522.99099009860i1.jpgIt was

It was reported that the 'pretty lady who buys me food' was popular not only during its broadcast but also in rebroadcasting and replaying VOD. 

Still, the rating didn't reach 10%. I really want these 2 to work together again as SYJ promised she will if the rating reached 10% :(

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I am very happy to see this drama to be warmly received in my country. The website that releases the drama has a record traffic with nearly 4000 comments, most of which are supportive for the cast and the plot. Like many other women aged like JA, we find ourself in the situation of JA and desperately look for a partner or expect a partner to be gentle and caring like JH. I remember 18 years ago,  I dated my old secondary classmate at the age of 22 after 7 years without any contact. Like JA and JH, we were crazy in love, giving endless kisses and physical contact whenever and wherever possible. I thought I would get married after two years because my mum and my boyfriend’s mum were friends . Unfortunately, even the two families knew well each other , my boyfriend’s parents strongly objected to  our relationship. The reason is that my mom had a health problem and my boyfriend’s parents thought this could pass down to our kids :(. My boyfriend later got a scholarship to study in Japan for two years and we almost broke up. During this two year period,  my boyfriend and I dated some people but no one gave us the feeling and emotions that we experienced with each other. On his return, my boyfriend insisted on  marrying me, fighting his parents and we finally got married when I was 28. We lived separately from my parents in law and my relationship with them is getting better. That’s the reason why I really adore this drama. It’s not a drama, it’s life!

Edited by lucia704
  • Like 14

5 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Official photos released and these two pics are love... :heart:

More love from our dear Joon Hee. :wub:

More photos under spoiler.

Hide contents

I think the first picture is the best ratio to show the kiss on the screen. PD Ahn should have zoomed in the kiss because I don't see the point of why we can not see the kiss closer because the atmosphere itself was already passionate and it was already very dark, they did not have to shoot it from afar which made it look pointless.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

7 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

I think the first picture is the best ratio to show the kiss on the screen. PD Ahn should have zoomed in the kiss because I don't see the point of why we can not see the kiss closer because the atmosphere itself was already passionate and it was already very dark, they did not have to shoot it from afar which made it look pointless.

Perhaps its too deep so the actors refuse to show it? Huahahaha :D

I'm also wondering why PD cut their last kiss scene at the seashore :( 

• LOL 3

I wonder why this drama's broadcast right has not been bought by other countries. How I wish OneTV asia would broadcast this drama so that I can watch it on my TV screen. A big and HD version of Joon Hee and Jin Ah. Lol.

12 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

Perhaps its too deep so the actors refuse to show it? Huahahaha :D

I'm also wondering why PD cut their last kiss scene at the seashore :( 

The kiss at the seashore will also not be important because they will show it from a very far again lol. I have seen very many pecks from them which makes me feel enough not to see it again lol

• LOL 3

2 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

The kiss at the seashore will also not be important because they will show it from a very far again lol. I have seen very many pecks from them which makes me feel enough not to see it again lol

Uhmmm it will be nice iff they give us a longer n closer look.. hiihihi.. it looks like a very honest n sincere kiss since it is their last :wub: ..  aaaa i wanna see the longer version :tongue:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Ha ha... I have never seen before: a 4room abuse kiss, deep kiss. And You do not hide their addiction! LoL...

But I think, JA & JH, they are complement each other, as their mentor, they are perfectly suited to each other in every way: their soul, their sex... they are understanding each other from childhood til now ...

whenever I see the two of them, I see their brighten love. So I do not need their kiss very much. Ha ha... It's enough 4me!

• Like 2

I haven't watch the drama since episode 10 for two reasons; 1st because it sucks to wait for the next episode with sub and 2nd is that I kinda feel the story doesn't make sense anymore.  

But still, I would definitely watch the entire episode once I find some time off at work because I don't wanna be left out, puzzled of what happened in the end. 

I know that some think the ending of the story could have been a lot better but I still put my trust in the wisdom (lol) of the writer because in the first place, without her/him? this beautiful love story and the beautiful love team of JA&JH (made better by the beautiful OSTs that I really enjoy listening to) would have not materialized. 

One of the kdramas that I would DEFINITELY recommend to friends!

• Like 6