Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

ep9-01.jpg?w=640photo987706.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHzj8zfOOBrVaDqB6ifNf

Let me clarify I think ET is amazing and still my favorite character in this drama well that is beside ES of course LOL:wub:.  All I am really saying is that shutting YH out every time she tries to comfort him instead of embracing her knowing she is hurting too was a little off character to me.  Yet @dramaninja & @zenya22 reminded me of why he should and could act that way.  Still everyone sees people and characters in a different and unique way.  I guess I might come across as being to hard on him or not understanding his position or feelings...

Or just maybe it's because I had him placed among the stars and his response or should I say Super Hero status to ES who is still waiting for him made me a bit sad.  dramaninja is right I don't know how I would act if I were in his shoes or lived his life so painful he is still hurting from it.  Yet there is a little girl and not just any little girl.  One that is in every way a part of him who has been really sick and feels the void in him not being there or coming to see her...

Grownups can rationalize and reason the whys and why nots.  And maybe it is my love for children that is showing but all she knows  is that he isn't there and she doesn't understand why.  I guess that was my point.  Children don't care about the big picture their hearts and minds are simply focused on the here and now...

Let me also say, oh I have no doubts and know he will not only come back, but he will come back stronger than ever.  He isn't going to give up on the best two people to ever come into his life.  Not to mention he may have given ES his inherited blood but he is about to give her more love than she and her sweet little mind and heart could have ever imagined. And as she grows that love and bond will  grow with her and be sweeter and stronger and that's all she will see, know or feel.  Much more important than that of his tainted blood...

My last thought can't wait for ET's sister to find out and finally shut her up and stop her selfish thoughts & actions!!!

PS...  There is an event going on right now on Soompi that could use your support that you may or may not have heard about called The Tollagate it's found in the upper right hand corner under announcements.  They are taking nominations for Characters and such for dramas this year.  Please add your nominations and support to this event.  I know everyone is busy this time of year but with so much talent about dramas here I just wanted to give you a shout out and hope you will check it out too:heart:

• Like 11

Hey Chingu @USAFarmgirl you are a little harsh on our handsome EunTae ahhh. Why am I saying this...

1. EunSu isn't exactly waiting for him. But, I would agree that YuHa needs his support. The first people that EunSun said she misses are her aunt HH and uncle JH. She started to ask for EunTae only after seeing everyone else in the family and have spoken to CSW. EunTae is her nice ahjussi. To her CSW is her appa and person she misses. EunTae is aware of EunSu's sentiment in this regard.

2. Before EunTae went away, he knew EunSu is in good hands. The family is there for her. Remember... he was at the hospital room door overhearing the family with EunSu? Dr Kang is taking good care of her medical needs. YuHa covered all grounds to ensure the best for her precious girl. Infact I felt bad for EunTae when he was exploring alternative solutions for EunSu... YuHa told him all his suggestions and efforts will come to nothing... as she has already explored what he had thought off. If I were EunTae, I would feel small and useless that there isn't anything that I could do when there is high possibility that my blood could have "poisoned" my daughter.

3. What was the first thing that EunTae did when he overheard conversation between YuHa and PHS that he is EunSu's biological dad? How would one feel about overhearing something like this across the corridor?  Don't you think he would feel hurt?    He did not confront YuHa. Instead, he went to take care of alternative solutions for EunSu. He put his feelings aside. (Remember.. prior to this, he asked YuHa on several occasions if there is something he needs to know?)

4. For someone who never had the intention of starting a family (until he met YuHa), to find out that someone has stolen his sperm (that is meant for research) to bring a child into this world - not out of love, but just to show to the world that he has a perfect life and for inheritance purpose. All for the wrong reasons. More importantly, wouldn't he feel violated? You would think you are the author of your own life. But, NO... someone else has already decided for you. Not God, but CSW. I would feel violated and a shock to my system.

5. Despite EunTae's feelings, anger, vulnerability... confronted CSW only after knowing EunSu's liver biopsy results. He held it in till then. If he had not cared and prepared to take EunSu as his daughter, he would not have gone to CHK to warn them to give up their legal rights and custody for EunSu.

6. EunTae knew he has lost it.... especially after his brawl with patient's dad. I like that EunTae listens to himself too... he knows his priorities and limits. He knew he had to step away before he start on the wrong footing as EunSu's dad. He was afraid he would be just like his own dad. He didn't want his little girl to go through what he went through. He needed to sort out his feelings, conflicts and next steps.

It is also all about timing. Everything happened in a span of a short time... PLUS his irritating sister harrassing him and Yu Ha!! 

7. Inside him he had his fears. He is human. He is not some robot. He is real. What is important, he knows and confronts his flaw/weakness.

Edit: I missed one key point.

8. Experiencing the whole trauma of possibly losing EunSu because of his blood donation.  

After what he had gone through, don't you think he is granted to address his feelings too? Can't he have feelings? Can't he feel vulnerable? Can't he have fears?

I like the fact that he recognises his need to step away sort out his feelings and next steps.

Sometimes you need to step away for the better of everyone. In this case, to start on right footing.

I really like the conversation EunTae had with PHS. Deep down, he is afraid that EunSu will reject him as appa too.

EunSu doesn't even know that YuHa and CSW are divorced (neither does she know what it means). EunTae is right, how are they going to explain to EunSu?

I think it is unrealistic for EunTae to be jumping for joy infront of EunSu to announce "hey i am your appa". Will sound more like a crazy ahjussi ahhh.

I remembered Sang Woo's comment after he acted in All About My Mom. Sang Woo is known for wholesome characters in his dramas (except when his role requires him to be something else, eg in One Warm Word he was named Angry Sang Woo. And, as a complex character in Life Is Beautiful). But, he found his character as Hoon Jae in AAMM to be too perfect. He said is unrealistic. That was his criticism. Therefore, even if you are to say that EunTae's action in E39 is "flawed", it would be a good flaw to make his character real.

No one is perfect. What we do will not be seen as perfect through the lense of everyone around us. You cannot please everyone. As long as you know you have done your level best. EunTae has tried his level best.  Sorry.... if he has crushed your dream man :lol:

Peace to chingus who has issues with EunTae in E39.

To all... enjoy your week, enjoy the few episodes that is left for Marry Me Now.

I love this drama and the cast.  And, looking for more sweet moments of EunTae with his girls YuHa n EunSu :heart:

(Not sure if you noted in end of e38.. Lighting Director for Marry Me Now passed away, he was fighting with cancer but he work through till the very end.)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Ep 38 & 39 w/Eng subs:

Really?  After EVERYTHING, HotDr is conflicted?  This entire episode was a waste of film and actors' time.    There is only one reason for Episode 39:  Lameness.  The writer went LAME.  Maybe sitting directly under the air cooling vents and the brain went numb? 

HotDr was going to marry a woman WITH a Kiddo, he was going to be a father to the Kiddo.  He LOVED that little Kiddo.  But NOW that he knows she is his bio-daughter, he is conflicted?  Remember one of those earlier episodes, when he returned from Africa because he WANTED to marry DrDaughter and have a family of his own? Actually, HotDr HAS to marry DrDaughter, he wants his bio-daughter, right?  AND, betting that HotDr will not let WorthlessEx take CuteKiddo to the amusement park.  

Plus, I'm disappointed in RichLady for giving in to DweebMom by promising her a 'Cap-pay.'  (Apparently there is no F sound in Korean - so COFFEE is 'cop-pee' and cafe is 'cap-pay.' )  When EldestDaughter learns that the 'cap-pay' came from her not-yet-stepmother, she will be steaming at her mother-in-law for taking advantage and her manipulation.  

NastyNoona and her EvilDo-er hubby will object to TryingSon's attentions toward their daughter. They want RichPlayer, although both are equally (not) RichLady's sons.  And there is that pesky double-in-law problem with either son and their daughter if HotDr marries DrDaughter (and we know he will).   

This could be wrapped-up well in just two episodes, but the contract was for 50, so we have 11 more to go.  Just hope they aren't as lame as Ep 39.

• Like 3

ET... WTH? I’m confused by his actions this week. I understand he’s shocked. Wish he would’ve communicated w/ YH more about it. For him going off grid is a bit much. He’s still a doctor, brother, bf, etc... YH was feeling the heat regrading his whereabouts. I’m surprised she hasn’t pushed her things off the desk or flipped a table. YH go to a boxing gym w/ JJH/CSW pictures & start punching away. I kid!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, chdom said:

ET... WTH? I’m confused by his actions this week. I understand he’s shocked. Wish he would’ve communicated w/ YH more about it. For him going off grid is a bit much. He’s still a doctor, brother, bf, etc... YH was feeling the heat regrading his whereabouts. I’m surprised she hasn’t pushed her things off the desk or flipped a table. YH go to a boxing gym w/ JJH/CSW pictures & start punching away. I kid!

How is it a bit much? a I dont think some of you understand the magnitude of all of this.

This is a really messed up situation some that is not normal at all.

• Like 5

ET - many viewpoints. I think his conversation with his sister about their father, and how it was for them plays a part in his decision to take a step back. Realising you have a child of your own blood, is overwhelming, especially for someone who didnt want to have a family because he didnt want to be like his father. He had suffered when he was young, and he didnt want the same thing for any child. This seems like a contradiction since he already loves ES, but I guess, an unexpected real biology child of his shook him up a bit.

I said he is taking a step back.. because I am confident, being away, he will acknowledge his immense love for YH AND ES and he will come back. And he will come back to be a better lover and father to YH and ES.

ET may seem like a perfect man.. but to err is human.. and he has been dealt with huge shock and driven by guilt. So lets give him a break. He deserves it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, watchumlots said:

Ep 38 & 39 w/Eng subs:

Really?  After EVERYTHING, HotDr is conflicted?  This entire episode was a waste of film and actors' time.    There is only one reason for Episode 39:  Lameness.  The writer went LAME.  Maybe sitting directly under the air cooling vents and the brain went numb? 

HotDr was going to marry a woman WITH a Kiddo, he was going to be a father to the Kiddo.  He LOVED that little Kiddo.  But NOW that he knows she is his bio-daughter, he is conflicted?  Remember one of those earlier episodes, when he returned from Africa because he WANTED to marry DrDaughter and have a family of his own? Actually, HotDr HAS to marry DrDaughter, he wants his bio-daughter, right?  AND, betting that HotDr will not let WorthlessEx take CuteKiddo to the amusement park.  

ET: YH, I luv u and ES so much I have decided to give up my life and dream in Africa

YH: I luv u too. I am so grateful after going through hell these 5 yrs. Finally, my nightmare is over.

ET: What? ES is mine? CSW stole my donation? I only wanted to be a stepfather because I am fearful of poisoning my bio daughter both physically with my blood and mentally with my action like what my dad did. Earlier I didn't care as much if I would mentally poison ES since she's not my own. You see, YH and CSW should bear more responsibility for her.

YH: Are you serious? You claimed to have given up everything for me and my daughter. What difference does it make now that ES is part of your creation?  Is she more precious to you now such that you have more worries and doubts about being a competent father? If ES is not your own, will you show favouritism to our second child who will be your own?

ET to JJH (happened in ep39): Do you think I will be a (bad) father to my kid like our dad was to us?

JJH( in ep 39): Yes, that's why you went to Africa and do not intend to settle down with a family

ET: Why haven't I thought about the possibility of being a bad dad to ES earlier on until I realised she's mine? 

The above is what I gathered from ep 39 regarding ET's conflicts. A little overboard but that was how I see it at first. Other contributions from viewers did make me feel less annoyed though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cestbon said:

No one is perfect. What we do will not be seen as perfect through the lense of everyone around us. You cannot please everyone. As long as you know you have done your level best. EunTae has tried his level best.  Sorry.... if he has crushed your dream man

@CestbonSorry to cut your post :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: agree with everything you have written

• Like 4

Honestly, I don't remember a single drama that became better cause of extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Me too I hate extensions too as it completely destroys the flow and makes me look at a drama I would have without the extension considered good to be mediocre. Stupid really.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy this drama. I guess time will tell how much it will drag. I hope ET tell his sister of his relation to ES this week otherwise i will be pissed. There is no reason to drag it out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lunkera said:

Honestly, I don't remember a single drama that became better cause of extension.

TPTB extend dramas that don't need it, and don't give extensions to the ones that do. It's contrarian Kdrama logic at work.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Did anyone see the playful elbow punch by MY on HS? :heart:

@CestbonI fully agree with all your points. Brava, well written about ET. Let us leave ET for a week to come back stronger and happier.

HS is right, we need to give ET some time to sort out his thoughts. No doubt he was prepared to be nice ahjussi to ES and suddenly he is the bio dad. He is conflicted at this moment. We have to leave him to sort out his thoughts but he will definitely comes back next week stronger and ready to be a marvellous Dad and husband to ES and YH respectively. 

WAM always dresses like a Christmas tree.:crazy: I can never understand why in-laws in SK is demanding for a cafe.  Do they have the rights? At least WAM is honest that she allowed SH and KS to date again and married cos of MY's wealth. I guess HS's friend, the cafe owner or his wife let the cat out of the bag so that SH and family know how greedy WAM is. Hope MY's plan works out right. 

I need ES out of the bed next week. Cant have that kid stays in bed for so many epis.

Until Sat, as usual is so far away. lol

• Like 5

3 hours ago, quandocuando said:

I need ES out of the bed next week. Cant have that kid stays in bed for so many epis.

Until Sat, as usual is so far away. lol

You are right, the concentration for now is ES full recovery, even though she did not have the dreaded blood transfusion reaction, she was still seriously ill and has 2 weeks to complete her medicine regimen to full recovery and that is still the priority. ET did take part in her treatments once he knew what the problem was. Even though ES is much better ET will continue participating in her treatment as discussed with ES pediatrician. So he will be back at ET's bedside. More urgent I think, will be ET telling his sister now that he met with the Chaes and made them back off with their legal claims to ES and next to handle is JJH and get her off YH back. So hopefully, ES will be back home soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I still find this drama worth watching and I still enjoy it :D Actually I have no complain with this drama :D 

I still can understand ET from someone who planned to not get own child, and welcome to have ES to became his child when he still does't know that ES is his real daughter because he think it is still save.

But after he knew ES is real daughter, he feels afraid because his bad blood and share DNA and he feel guilty.

I still love this drama :D 

• Like 5

Help someone please find and upload the preview 40 here.  I'm missing it like crazy.

Take care and thanks in advance.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

47 minutes ago, chasen8888 said:

Help someone please find and upload the preview 40 here.  I'm missing it like crazy.

Take care and thanks in advance.

@chasen8888KBS is taking their sweet time to upload preview for Ep 40:)

• Like 2

Yay yay yay !! Long awaited Episode 40 Preview.  EunTae returns. New haircut, fresh start. Hahaha. Visited his dad's cemetary, visited EunSu and talks marriage with YuHa? Wow wow wow!!

:heart: :blush: :love: 

His sister will faint and sleep in bed for 10 episodes? :lol:

Edited by Cestbon
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 2