Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Shall We Live Together/ Marry Me Now? 같이 살래요

Guys, I am sorry to say, but I think I will drop this drama for now. Even judging from the next episode preview, it doesn't seem the plot really is moving forward. I feel like I am watching the same episode over and over again. :(

So, I will continue to read this thread, and the live recaps posted (thanks @chasen8888). If the story picks up at some point, I will pick up where I left off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

From watching the preview, it seems that a few truths are going to come out.  Namely that of MY in that she is no scammer, is very rich & high profile.  Also SH is going to find out about KS's mom visit to HS's shop, it may even include that MY was the one that stopped it from getting worse.  I think one of the reason is to give the people a more favorable view of MY and how wrong their assumptions are of her hence allowing HS to be with her. HS discussing his decision with gossip friend, JH/DY getting along at work and MS being suspicious. The first scene shows SH exiting HS's room with the concerned siblings watching.

Granted for the last 6 weeks has been slow but the purpose was to establish a foundation for all key players and how they came to be where they are.  I liked YH's decision to stop taking a back/weak seat to Haea Corp because of ES, her confrontation with the lawyer stating that if they continue with it she will tell the world what they are truly like.  This of course will not benefit them as there is proof and image means a lot to them and their shareholders.  Present a true image of them and the likelihood of losing money etc is an incentive for some form of compliance. I liked the fact that she told him to tell them to stop p--syfooting around with the divorce announcement  hence putting her in a very awkward position, preventing her from working etc.  She has not violated her part by saying anything but they are tying her up and then the lawyer goes with the threats that could in fact weaken them. You also have ET's feelings towards YH has started to change from antagonistic with the assumption of her character to a more caring one as he sees her efforts in trying to survive and raise her daughter.  This has to be set for YH to be staff of Jahan Hospital and their upcoming interactions.  YH's mind is not relationships etc but that will change later. JJH's wish of wanting ET to marry and stay in Korea will be because of YH/ES and not JJH etal. 

MS seem to be feeling insecure and threatened with this secret - the possibility of JH a person he dislikes knowing does not go well with him.  JH/DY are now starting to get along with DY trying to find her way with "work" seeing what JH goes through and realizing that its no joke.  I disagree with JJH reason for protecting DY in a way wanting her to live a life of "leisure & entitlement" due to being bullied in school.  I understood her love for her daughter but some of her approach in making her stronger is wrong.  I also wish they show DY doing some healthy regime etc in order to sustain her health and show how she is maintaining it, the image thing is not enough for us, a positive message opportunity is available here.  By the way JJH, DY's room was not messy, she is an adult let her clean it herself and learn to take care of herself better.  That is what DY is trying to find out if she can do it.

Gone for now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An adult widower slept together with an adult lady snd his equally adult children are making so much fuse about that? 

I mean how pretentious can this people continue to be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gossipy Wife, Shim II Soon - GW, Gossipy friend , Ma Dong Ho - MDH

Ep 13 Quick recap:

MY's real identity is not yet found out by the family.  The end however was hilarious, its a quiet episode.

• SH tells her HS of her disappointment in him, HS  rebuts stating that he should not have to live like a dead person because he is old, he told her to leave etc. and to respect the fact that he is her father.  Its a painful conversation as HS is trying to hold back crying.  The other kids are outside concerned, they see SH leaving HH asks what happened etc.  YH takes her father's side and scolds SH stating more or less that she is selfish.  So its a 50-50 for/against.  
  • The next morning SH calls MY for a talk, HH went with her. They met at cafe where SH states her position and concerns of HS & his connection to MY.  MY talks about HS as to who he is, may be going through and that he is worried about SH etc.   This info disconcerts SH as she wonder why as she thinks all is fine etc. she later finds out that KS's mom went to her father's store which makes her more concerned.  MY is happy because she now knows that HS is really considering her offer.  HS more or less tells his gossipy friend the same which shocks him.
  • YH greets the staff, later finding out about some info on ET.  She meets him in the cafeteria wanting to have lunch with him but he more or less dismisses her thinking that her purpose was more in self interest, as she was leaving she told him that she just wanted to have a meal with someone.
  • ET meets Dr Kang who shows him ES's medical records, she requests that he does not leave Korea for now, she also showed him YH's proposal which she is happy about.  Dr. Kang gave ET some more info about YH but at the same time she sort of protected YH.
  • YH presented her proposal to CK's and other doctors who did not like it as it is more in alignment with ET's agenda and not theirs.  ET is reading the proposal while all is being discussed, his feelings towards her is more "warm" and at the same time he is worried as YH is clearly working very hard to keep her promise.  An upset CK decides to meet Haea Corp lawyer regarding YH with the aim of getting some info etc. which he does.  ET later meets YH they had a brief talk and a meal after which he received a call on the aid that is needed and he is trying to help YH overhears this.  YH tries to help ET somehow.
  • SH is now more bothered about KS, HS and her upcoming nuptials therefore she is distracted for most of the show.
  • JH bumps into CEO Yang  which is briefly seen by MS who is suspicious of JH. Later there is an unfriendly discussion between DY and MS, JH scolds and talks to DY about her behavior and his situation which disappoints DY.
  • The next day HH goes to the jeweler about the brooch which she finds out is genuine.  She calls gossipy wife who was working at the same following her boss.  The boss sees MY and greets her with a gift that GW holds, however GW not knowing was casual in her greeting, she is scolded by the boss who told her MY's  real identity causing her to break the gift.  The boss fires and fines GW who is now scared, but MY diffuses it by hiring her as her housekeeper with the clause that she is to keep her identity a secret.
  • SH is thinking about KS's mom, KS seeing her asks if she has any worries, she told him about his mom etc.  KS is now freaked out and tries to prevent both ladies from meeting.  However this did not work as the ladies later met and spoke.  KS mom reiterate that KS/SH must break up etc with the offer of money, however SH responds and leaves.  Whatever she said to the mom had the woman worried, SH sees KS and hits him with her bag.  The mom calls her friend concerned as to what SH may do. I am reminded of an old kdrama Assorted Gems in which the doctor was in love with the nurse but because the mom objected broke them up.  The irony is that the mom tried to match son up with suitable candidates and at the wedding ceremony these matches were found out to be very un-matchable.  In the end the mother went on her knees and begged the nurse to marry her son which the girl did and that woman pampers her daughter-in-law to the max after that.
  • HH later meets GW to get some info but no luck.  HH shows the pic of Ceo Yang to JH who is surprised, HH is more determined to find out about MY.
  • MY goes to see HS who asks her for some time in giving her his decision which she grants, however in the interim they are going on a date.  They passed MY's car which he compliments on not knowing that its hers, the couple happily talked in the car to which MY says that she wants HS to meet her son.  
  • While driving HS had to do a quick brake because a bicycle abruptly crossed in front of him, MS was driving behind them and also had to brake quickly. All persons are okay, however MS starts with the impatience upsetting HS, the men came out of the cars and are arguing.  HS speaks negatively of MS when she realizes that he upsets HS she is in a uncomfortable spot trying to hide with nowhere to go.  The show ends with HS telling MS that they should go to the police and calling out MY's name which makes MS questions that and it appears that he is approaching the car.

Preview

YH sees SH crying

HH tells HS about CEO Yang, he goes to the office to get answers

Notes - I cannot promise to continuously give recap for this drama because there could be a point where it may make me decide to stop watching and recapping.  What I can do is help as much as possible as I realize this gives a viewer a quick overview and choice as to whether they should watch this episode or not, what would be worth seeing. 

I have to say for the most part this episode was about SH and the challenges she will face marrying KS namely the mom who is a troublesome piece of mini baggage.  They also highlighted on her selfishness being made aware that her father was in some ways going through a hard time because of her but he did not say anything.  In the case of YH, I felt proud of her as to how she responded to the whole thing and the fact that she gave her father strength by telling him that she supports him all the way does a bit for his confidence.  MY is now finding it harder to keep her "wealth identity" a secret, though she does not believe that HS will care, it could be troublesome as it will be at the forefront mainly due to HH's interference, who will only consent when she finds this out.  The challenge is that MS & HS do not like each other at all which became obvious in the last part of the show.  ET is really feeling YH as he is aware of her situation, the fact that he sees her working hard to achieve this is affecting him.

Gone for now.

• Like 10

Thank u dear.

The drama is disappointing me honestly.

And I anticipated this drama so much.

So dull. The most annoying character is that mummy's boy. Where did they get that guy from?

I'm afraid of his face.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

I have enjoyed the drama so far. Well, after watching kdrama for many years im used to it being slow in the first half of the show so it's no problem for me. I enjoy seeing the drama develop. I ejoy mostly the YH-ES-ET pairing and HS-MY. Glad to hear that YH is on her father's side which she should be, she caused her family heartache marrying the ex and see what effect it had. HS deserves happiness after being a widower for such a long time.

Edit : From the preview, it seems like SH break up with the momma's boy. I hope she ends up with the other guy. can't remember his name, but im a fan of the actor.

• Like 11

Oh yeah ES and YH forming that strong bond he starting to trust her more now.

They going to be a force.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I did enjoy how the oldest daughter threatened her boyfriend's mother. She totally deserved it. 

Very good acting Park Sun Young as her lips were quivering as she spoke to her father in the room.

Lot of chemistry between Mi Yeon and Hyo Seob and Eun Tae and Yoo Ha. The youngest daughter is so annoying cannot stand her at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSq9043YjwLbR-RiDFVUr45c93061f67c4324b29bd3b173732cfa.jpeg?x=ep11-02.jpg?w=640    Relationships take time to build, and so do dramas...

@partyon  I hope you change your mind as you will be missed! :tears: Remember that weekend dramas for some reason seem to take more patience but I believe that this drama will be worth it.  I realize I could be totally wrong but I have a feel about this one.  It's just trying to build it's characters and it does seem as if HS and MY are the OTP right now or at least their story is the center.  Yet I think there is some real meaning is their story and not just their romance or being each others first love although I kind of like the idea of second chances in life...

Maybe it's just me but in watching HS dealing with his kids  it sparks a thought about the sacrifices and care parents give daily and throughout their lives to and for their children.  Because it's always there sometimes as children we just assume they and there love will always be there.  You never think about when they are widowed or divorced or for what ever reason alone.  That they too want and need to love and be loved just like everyone else...

ET & YH are moving closer to one another as well and I hope working together will draw them even closer.  I believe their future holds great sweetness for us and I for one can't wait!!!!  It's not easy waiting but I am also enjoying the characters and smaller stories that surround them. 

It's 50 episodes and sometimes I think a writer would be better off to give a little more in the beginning setting our hearts on fire as to keep the interest and romance moving.  When it becomes to much of a waiting game the loss is not just to the drama itself but to those whose hopes were placed within it...

• Like 8

Side characters - Gossipy Wife, Shim II Soon - GW, Gossipy friend , Ma Dong Ho - MDH, CEO Yang - CY, Team Leader Ko - LKO

Ep 14 Quick cap

It started with MY trying to keep her identity being a secret and ended with it being revealed. No preview

• HS/MS are arguing to the point that HS tells MY that they are going to the police, MY drives away.  The conversation goes a little further to the point that it looks like HS is going to beat up MS who runs away.  HS finds MY's behavior strange and calls her she comes up with an excuse.  At home MY finds out how much MS dislikes HS, she finds it ironic and a bit upsetting as to the position that she is now in with as the 2 men she cares for the most dislikes each other a lot.
  • SH tells KS that they should break up, she feels sorry for how she has been treating her father of late not being aware as to what he was going through.  SH tells KS to meet a woman who his mother can accept, she says that she really loves him and walks away.  KS is very sad & upset he comes home, the mom puts on a front but he does not speak to her.  YH sees SH crying, she told YH everything who promises to keep it a secret.  The next morning SH is not well, ES visits her playing doctor (its adorable), YH brings in a meal and they exchange a few words.  JH/HH shows HS a picture of CEO Yang and the fact that MY may be somewhat connected to him, HS sort of brushes it aside.
  • The next morning at breakfast MS is greeted by GW who finds out about MY's association with YL Group etc.  MY advises her to keep that secret.
  • YH had earlier invited ET on a "date" at the gallery, he goes to pick her up and they had a brief car convo.  At the gallery they looked at some artwork - photographs, some of which were on Africa.  They looked at a specific photograph to which ET gave a response on it, this satisfies YH who managed to get the manager/owner to come see her and ET.  YH speaks to her on the photograph etc and introduces ET to the person adding his father in the mix.  The lady is impressed who seem to want to be connected to ET and his father's legacy, however YH sort of curtail that with a business card and a few words.  As they were leaving YH gave a failed high-five to ET, she tells him it was a strategy etc. which he accepts.
  • Later ET tells CK that he can relax, as he is not going to tell his wife about he tricking him.  CK is nervously ok.
  • JH seeks advice from YH in relation to keeping secrets etc.  YH gave him some advice as to how to approach it and what the other side may be thinking.  This was after he had a casual convo with his colleague  about MS and MS interrupts them
  • At work JH/DY are getting along well, however MS comes in the showroom and starts to insult JH.  JH/MS talk in the stairway whereby JH tells him that MS's secret is safe with him.  MS takes his anger at JH by  humiliating him in the boxing ring, this was seen by DY who gets upset on JH's behalf.  DY recalls a time when she was humiliated at school and JH came to her defense, DY throws a bucket of water on MS with a few choice words to who he is/actions.  JH goes home upset, seeing this HH tries to find out what is wrong but does not get any answers.  MS is going to be in serious trouble when he meets HH.
  • GW finds out from MDH about MY proposing to HS and that he is considering it.  GW thinks that is great but is put in a uncomfortable position of wanting to tell but unable to in order to keep her job.  Earlier HS had spoken to MY who tells him that once she gets his answer she will tell him about who she is, she is being coquettish with him. The gossipy couple visits HS and interrupts HS/MY's talk, seeing them GW rushes MDH out of the store.
  • YH visits the Corp lawyer who told her about CK's visit, she tells him that she has done nothing wrong etc. and that the Corp people need to hurry and announce the divorce.
  • HS receives a call about YL Group, he goes there and sees CEO Yang he asks CY if he knows MY etc.  CY does not reveal much. 
  • SH did not go to work that day, LKO asks KS about it who was vague in his response.  Later KS visited HS and told him what happened to SH, the fact that they broke up etc.  HS got upset with KS, he later found SH in the park and held her hands while she cried.  It was a touching scene.
  • The next day, HS left home early no one at home could find him.  HH stopped by the gossipy couple business whereby she found out from GW, MY's real identity and the huge benefits that could come from being associated with her.
  • DY is hesitant in going to work, she tells ET what she did and why ET supports her.  DY changes her mind saying that if she does not lookout for JH he has no one so she rushes to work.  MS looks at the presentation and seem to be upset with it, he sees JH and starts bullying him.  JH has had enough and drapes up MS in a confrontational manner.
  • Its a shareholder/executive management meeting with MY there; CY says a few words and introduces MY to all.  HS comes in and sees MY talking in a position of power with a smile, she ends her speech and sees HS looking at her, MY smile stops.  Show ends.

Notes - After watching the subs, YH's proposal shed some light on the operations of the hospital in that, it appears that ET's father original vision and dream of what a true hospital should be has disappeared under CK's control.  These so called medical heads of departments are not interested in the patients but are very self serving in power, money and are parasitic, this includes CK as they got upset because YH tells them that one way they could grow is reduce unnecessary spending and benefits that these so called doctors love to have.  In other words clean up your own yard first before begging others to do so when there may be no need for it,  In addition, she subtly threatens them using the Board of Directors for her proposal, this is what forces CK to take action.  I said in a previous post that her prior experience as a chaebol wife and doctor will come into play on her job and this was clearly proven in the last 2 episodes.  YH's intelligence shine for both episodes as well as her role as a sister in providing comfort, truths to SH and advice to JH.  There is a reason why ET is popular with the patients and not the other doctors which is mainly due to his sincerity to the patients and impatience with the doctors not being true doctors whose heart lacks the sincerity needed.

In an indirect manner this episode shows us why JH needs DY in his life as he deal with work challenges and MS.  JH needs someone outside of his family to be always on his side it so happens to be DY who is more than willing to do so.  DY needs JH in order to mature and be stronger.

HS/MY will now be facing some hurdles in their relationship because although HS initially does not have an issue with MY having money, based on the bad experience with the neighborhood development its now a problem.  Then there is the kids namely HH, JH, MS and to some degree SH.  HS/JH experience with MS are not positive and vice versa.  MY knows of the mutual dislike, but its going to become more so with the fact that MS is JH's boss and that he is a bully towards him.  From the materialistic stand point HH may seem to be okay for now, however when it comes to her twin that is a different story especially if she has a first meeting with MS with knowledge of how he treats JH.  MS will have a huge hit. 

Although some of you would prefer SH to be with LKO, its not likely to happen as KS is main and not the side character.  So for patience sake we will have to watch how this relationship pans out.

Now that MY's position has been revealed, the next 2 episodes will likely focus on how all characters will handle this.  Gossipy couple, HH will likely tell the whole world; it would not matter much to YH/ES; JH more upset due MS connection;  SH will be worried but more focus will be on KS break up.  KS's mom knowing this truth is likely to change her mind being the opportunistic witch that she is.

Have a good week all.

Gone for now. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

YS and ET already work really well together the Mad Dogs are going to cause alot of problems from the Evil Docs haha.

• Like 3

Yeah, really enjoying YH and ET progress.i don't think they will start dating until ep 30+

• Like 4

The other doctors need to get a life, he is trying to make a patient feel at ease about the surgery.

I wish the ex  seem them together at the art galley that would have been awesome!

Wait are HS/MY  and YH/ET going to get marry an all live in the same house?!??!?!?

• Like 3

@jeijei:  Replying to your remark about Mi Hee's voice --- I find her whispering to be imitation finishing school, mimicking Jackie Onassis, who really went to 'finishing school.'  When she uses a normal voice, the tone is nice and it's very pleasing, but that fake whispy whispering I find really pretentious.  And she does it all the time, it's become her trademark.  

Just watching Sunday episode for a few weeks, reducing boring by 50%!  

• Like 1

On 28/04/2018 at 10:31 PM, dramaninja said:

Oh yeah ES and YH forming that strong bond he starting to trust her more now.

They going to be a force.

I have been waiting for this.  

• Like 3

:wub::wub: love them! Waitinggg (my neck is getting very long now) for their love to bloom :D:D

They are so perfect together.

On 28/04/2018 at 9:25 PM, chasen8888 said:

Notes - I cannot promise to continuously give recap for this drama because there could be a point where it may make me decide to stop watching and recapping.  What I can do is help as much as possible as I realize this gives a viewer a quick overview and choice as to whether they should watch this episode or not, what would be worth seeing

Thank you for making time to translate, recap and share your thoughts.  Appreciate it all.

• Like 2